Justice Ch. 07: From the Grave

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I ventured, "But tears are salty."

Adrestia started to answer but her vision lost focus for a moment, and then she smiled and looked almost serene. "Very true. But that will not be an issue, Olivia Coleman. You have won that for her. I have just had what you might call a... 'Victim's Impact Statement', if you will... from your father. He approves. And he is proud of you."

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"Don't thank me just yet. You haven't heard the rest. What I just described could take many years. Your grandchildren's grandchildren may be grandparents by the time that happens. If then. And she will be returned to life and given a chance to make restitution. However, if she reverts to form, her punishment will be instantly reinstated, with no chance of a reprieve. Do you understand and agree?"

"Yes," I answered, nodding my head in the affirmative. Eli and Max smiled as they also nodded their heads. I got the impression that Adrestia wasn't used to giving any quarter.

"Good. You are a woman after my own heart, Olivia. You know there will be questions asked, probably an investigation," Adrestia said. "After all, your government will want to know what happened to two of their employees and five special operators."

"I was just thinking that myself," I said. "What do I say? How can I possibly explain all of this?"

"Let us take care of that, Olivia," Adrestia said. "As far as you're concerned, you and Ryan were rescued by the Idaho and brought back to Kings Bay. I have already been in contact with Commander Armstrong, and he's expecting you."

"You can do that?" I asked incredulously.

"Of course. I am an immortal goddess, after all," Adrestia chuckled. Eli and Max laughed at that.

"What will I do now?" I asked, confused.

"You and your friend could come to work for me," I heard a man's voice say from behind me. I turned and saw the man Adrestia called Cameron. He held out a hand, which I accepted almost by reflex. "Cameron Drake, at your service, Olivia Coleman."

"A pleasure to meet you," I replied, still confused. "What do you mean, come to work for you?"

"Your tour of duty is almost up, and Ryan will be in rehab for quite a while. By the time he's finished with that, he'll be offered medical retirement, which I'm pretty certain he'll accept. Certainly, if he has incentive to do so." He grinned at me. "We could use someone with your background and abilities. If you want, you can go to school while you're working for me. I'm very flexible," he said.

"And we would work with you?" I asked, looking at Adrestia and Eli.

"From time to time, if you're up to that," Adrestia said.

"I would... like that," I said.

"Welcome aboard," Max said, offering his hand. I happily shook his hand and did the same with Eli.

"Now, open your mind to me, Olivia," Adrestia said as she placed her hands on the sides of my head.

...

I looked around the tiny compartment and realized I was back on the USS Idaho. I shook my head and got my bearings before looking at the other rack just a few feet from me. I recognized Ryan and took in the tubes and wires connected to him. His eyes fluttered, then opened fully.

"Olivia?" he asked, confused.

"I'm here, Ryan," I told him, taking his hand in mine.

"How did you get here?" he asked, his brows furrowed.

"Haven't you heard?" a man said from the hatch. I turned and saw Commander Armstrong standing there. He came into the compartment and stood next to Ryan. "She was on the raft with you. We picked you both up. You may not remember since you were unconscious when we brought you on board."

"No, I didn't know. I guess I must've been out of it," Ryan stuttered in his confusion, his eyes darting back and forth between me and the commander. To be honest, I was confused as well. But I had learned to expect just about anything.

"I just wanted to let you know we'll be arriving at Kings Bay in just a couple of hours, so you should prepare to disembark. I've arranged for an ambulance to transfer you to the base hospital," the commander said. "They also want to examine you as well," he told me. "You two have been through a lot."

"Thanks for the heads-up," Ryan said.

"I hope everything goes well with you two," the commander said, shaking our hands. "Good luck."

"Thank you," I said as he left.

"What the fuck is going on here, Wonder Girl?" Ryan asked when the door shut behind Commander Armstrong. "You weren't on that raft. I wasn't THAT far out of it. How did you get here?"

"It's a long story," I told him quietly. "Trust me on this, okay? As far as anyone is concerned, I was brought aboard with you. You got my message, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I got it."

"The situation is under control. Anita Coles, Douglas Gordon, and Papa Charlie have all been dealt with. I'll explain it all when there's more time," I said.

"What do you mean, dealt with?" Ryan asked skeptically.

"Let's just say, justice has been served," I told him. "It seems we have friends in some very high places."

"Higher than the Secretary of Homeland Security?" Ryan asked.

"Much higher," I replied. "Just follow my lead, okay?"

"I guess," Ryan said. "At least for now."

"Good. Now, get some rest," I told him, punctuating my sentence with a kiss on his lips.

"What was that for?" he asked, looking at me with confusion as he brought a hand to his lips.

"Think about it, Ryan," I said with a wry smile. "Men," I whispered, shaking my head.

A few hours later, the USS Idaho docked, and Ryan was placed on a gurney. I walked with him to the ambulance and the two of us were transported to the base hospital where we were checked out. I was given the "all clear" while Ryan was being prepped for surgery to finish the job that had been started on the submarine.

I stayed with Ryan as he was wheeled toward the pre-op section. We were met by two large men in dark suits and sunglasses when we arrived. They stopped us in the hallway and held out their credentials.

"Olivia Coleman? Ryan Jackson?" one of the men asked.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Special Agent Smith. This is Agent Jones, Homeland Security. We need you to come with us back to Washington."

"I'm sorry, Agent Smith, but Mr. Jackson is going into surgery," the doctor accompanying us said. "He won't be available for a few days."

"What about Ms. Coleman?" the large agent asked.

"She's been cleared to go," the doctor said.

"Go ahead, Wonder Girl," Ryan said. "I'll catch up to you when they let me loose."

"My place, okay?"

"Sure, as soon as they let me out of here," Ryan said.

"Stay with Jackson," Smith told Jones. "Come with me, Ms. Coleman."

I followed Smith out of the hospital to a dark SUV with tinted windows. Another large man in a dark suit and sunglasses got out of the vehicle and opened the back door. I climbed inside and Smith got in the passenger seat. When the driver got back inside, Smith motioned for him to leave.

We arrived at the St. Marys airport not far from the base and pulled up to a small corporate jet. The driver stopped the SUV and Smith got out. Opening the back door, he motioned for me to exit the vehicle, then instructed the driver to return to the hospital and join Jones.

I followed him to the aircraft, got inside, and sat where he indicated. A few minutes later, we took off and headed north. Smith sat down in a seat facing mine and pulled out a small notebook.

"Where have you been for the last two weeks, Ms. Coleman?" he asked. Two weeks? Had I really been gone that long? Had Adrestia somehow manipulated time? I resolved to ask her about that.

"That's classified information, Agent Smith. Until I've been debriefed and given clearance to speak to you about it, I can't say anything. You should know that," I replied tartly. "What is this about?"

He nodded his head before continuing. "Two high-level federal employees are missing, Ms. Coleman. One is your manager, Ms. Anita Coles. The other is an intelligence analyst, Douglas Gordon."

"Oh?" I asked, maintaining a level of calm, even though I was nervous inside.

"Yes. I was wondering if you knew anything about that."

"How would I know, Agent Smith? I'm just a field operative. Ms. Coles doesn't share her social calendar with me."

"Uh huh," Smith grunted. "Their absence creates something of a problem, Ms. Coles. Until we know what happened, and determine there have been no security breaches, your entire section will be on standdown. You and the other members of Section A-17 will be temporarily confined to quarters."

"Confined?" I asked, shocked. "Am I a prisoner now?"

"Perhaps confined isn't the right term. The higher-ups would prefer that you and the others refrain from reporting to work. Of course, you are free to come and go as needed, but we do not want you to leave the area. You should also know the Inspector General's people will want to speak with you."

"I'm sure," I said sourly. Not that that would do any good.

"Anything you wish to share would be helpful," Smith said. "Anything at all."

I felt 'put out' and didn't bother to try to hide it. "And what, exactly, do you think I could share, Agent Smith? My boss's social life is none of my business. And as you said yourself, I haven't been around for a while."

"So, you have nothing to say?" he asked.

"No, nothing," I told him firmly. "But if I think of something, I'll let you know."

"I appreciate that," Smith said, closing his notebook. "Might as well get comfortable. When we get back, I'll have you dropped off at your apartment."

"Thank you, Agent Smith," I said, trying to keep the irritation out of my voice.

Smith kept his word and instructed his driver to take me home. I started my imposed exile with a long hot bath followed by a cup of Adrestia's tea. She had placed a few bags in my pocket before sending me back to the submarine.

Eli had also given me a partial pack of his cigarettes, so I smoked one on my balcony while drinking the tea. The combination of the two relaxed me considerably, and I slept better that night than I had in some time.

I spent the next two months being interviewed by members of the IG team and federal agents investigating Anita's and Douglas' disappearance. I stuck to the story Adrestia placed in my mind, despite the best efforts of the interviewers to trip me up.

The rest of the time, I was bored. My days were spent working out or looking things up on the Internet. I investigated college degree programs, but for some reason, none of them appealed to me. More and more, the offer of working with Cameron sounded like the best option.

I had just returned from the indoor swimming pool one afternoon when I heard a knock at the door. When I opened the door, Ryan stood there, supporting himself on a pair of crutches.

"Ryan!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck. It felt so good to feel him close to me.

"Whoa, Wonder Girl," he said with a smile as he held me back. He looked me over and whistled appreciatively. That's when I realized I was still wearing my bikini. I could feel myself blushing, then stepped back.

"I just got back from the pool. Please come in," I said. I held the door open for him and he came inside. "Have a seat. Can I get you something to drink?"

"A beer would be nice if you have one," he said as he hobbled to the couch. "If not, anything cold and wet will do." I grabbed two beers from the fridge and brought them to the living room.

"That tastes great," he said after taking a long draw from the bottle.

"It's so good to see you," I told him. "How are you doing?"

"I've been better. I've spent the last two months learning how to walk all over again. How are you doing?"

"I'm... okay, I guess. Been kind of bored lately. Our whole section is on standdown, so there's not much I can do."

"So, I heard," Ryan said. "Have you talked to the IG yet?"

"Yeah, several times. You?"

"They grilled me as well. Have you heard anything?"

"Not yet," I said. He nodded his head, and I could tell something was on his mind.

"I've been offered a medical retirement," he finally said quietly. "Doc says my days as a field operative are over. One too many bullet wounds, I guess."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I told him, although I wasn't surprised. "What are your plans now?"

"I don't know. I have a pension, but I doubt it'll be enough to live on. At least you still have the Army."

"Not for long," I said. "My enlistment is almost up. I've been approached about re-enlisting, but..."

"But what?" he asked.

"I've been considering another option. I... we... were offered a job before I got back to the Idaho."

"What do you mean, we?" he asked.

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked.

"Seriously? After what we've been through?" Ryan asked sarcastically. I laughed at his response.

"I'm going to tell you something that you're going to find unbelievable. I went through it, and I found it... strange, to say the least. Promise me you'll hear me out first, completely."

"Okay, Wonder Girl," Ryan said, his brows furrowed. He made himself comfortable on the couch. "Lay it on me. I promise I'll listen with an open mind."

"Good," I said. "And you can't say anything to anyone. Promise me."

"All right. I promise."

I told him my story - about Anita, my father, my inheritance, Adrestia, Eli, Cameron - everything. As promised, Ryan listened quietly, but I could tell my story hit a nerve with him.

"Let me get this straight," he said when I finished. "Anita Coles was really your birth mother, and she was after your inheritance, which is why she and Douglas colluded with Papa Charlie to capture you and take the team out."

"Yes," I said.

"But a dead Civil War veteran rescued you from Charlie then took out his army, captured him, and an immortal goddess put them all on trial. Then she transported you back to the sub and somehow made it look as though you and I arrived together."

"Something like that," I said, hoping he believed me.

"Sounds like some crazy Internet story if you ask me. But it explains how you magically appeared on the sub. Because I know for a fact you were not on the raft when I left the island. And you weren't on any other raft because I disabled them. And the message I received made it clear you were not on the sub."

An uncomfortable silence descended on us as we gathered our thoughts. It was an unbelievable story, and I couldn't blame him for being skeptical.

"Have you ever known me to make things up?" I asked.

"No. But I wish there was some way you could back up what you just told me."

"I do too," I admitted.

Just then, the room got dark, and the temperature dropped significantly. Ryan looked around, surprised, but I knew what was about to happen, and smiled inside. I saw a ripple in one corner of the room, and two people showed up - Eli and Adrestia. Ryan's eyes grew wide as he watched them materialize.

"What the hell?" he asked when the room returned to normal. Eli extended a hand and introduced himself.

"Name's Peace. Justice O. Peace," he said in his deep Texas accent. "Mah friends call me Eli. And this here is Adrestia Rhamnousia."

Ryan hoisted himself erect on his crutches and shook Eli's hand, then Adrestia's before speaking. His eyes were still wide as he looked at the two visitors.

"So, everything Olivia just told me is the truth?" Ryan asked nervously.

"Yes," Adrestia said. "Everything."

"How is this even possible?" a shocked Ryan asked.

"The how isn't important. What's important is that it IS," Adrestia replied.

"And the job offer?" Ryan asked.

"The offer is very real if you want it," Eli said. "If you accept, you'll be working with a good friend of ours, and with us from time to time as needed."

"But I'm disabled," Ryan complained. "I can't operate in the field like I used to."

"You won't need to. But your expertise, experience, and sense of justice will come in quite useful. Are you up to that?" Adrestia asked.

"I... I think so," Ryan stammered, still in shock from what just happened.

"And better yet, you'll get to work with Olivia," Eli added with a knowing smile. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"Well, yeah. I'd like that a lot," Ryan replied. "What would we be doing?"

"Investigative work. Mostly backup and support. You may have to take some college courses. Are you okay with that?" Adrestia asked.

"As long as it pays the bills," Ryan answered. "When would we start?"

"After Olivia's tour of service is up," Adrestia said. "I'll make sure Cameron gets in touch with you."

"This... Cameron... Is he like you two?" Ryan asked. Both Adrestia and Eli laughed at that.

"No one's like Cameron," Eli said, chuckling.

"Except for his wife and kids," Adrestia added with a smile. "Now THAT is an interesting family. We'll let him explain it to you."

"I think we've taken up enough of these people's time," Eli said. "Why don't we get back and let these young 'uns get reacquainted?"

"I think that's a very good idea. We'll be in touch," Adrestia said. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Ryan."

"A pleasure meeting you two as well," Ryan said as he shook their hands again. We all said our farewells, and then Eli and Adrestia left the same way they came, fading into the shadows in a heartbeat. I turned to Ryan, who still looked to be in shock.

"Well? Do you believe me now?" I asked.

"I should never have doubted you, Wonder Girl," he replied.

"No, you shouldn't have," I told him. "But I'll forgive you this time."

"So, what do we do now?" Ryan asked. I smiled as I took his hand in mine.

"Do you want me to draw you a picture?" I asked as I put his hand on my bikini-covered breast, hoping he could feel my excitement.

"Huh?" Ryan asked. His eyes grew wide a moment later as he finally understood. "Oh," he moaned as he realized what was happening. "OHHHH," he moaned again as I straddled his lap and covered his face with kisses as I ground myself into his crotch.

That night, I learned that Ryan was every bit as exciting as I had imagined. Because of his injuries, he insisted I remained on top. It was something new for me, and I loved the feeling of riding him. The orgasms I experienced were absolutely mind-blowing, better than anything I had ever experienced before.

For the first time in my life, I fell asleep in a man's arms and awoke feeling like a brand new woman. He looked at me that morning with a smile on his face, and it felt good to know I had put it there.

"What brought all that on? Last night, I mean?" he asked.

"Staking my claim," I replied. "I just found you, and I'm not letting you go."

"I figured you'd have a whole battalion of guys knocking on your door," he told me.

"No. Not hardly. Believe it or not, I can count the number of guys I've been with on one hand. But you... You're the first real man I've ever experienced. The first man I've ever actually slept with. And I intend to keep you. If you want me, that is."

"Can you keep a secret?" he asked. I laughed as I playfully punched his arm.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. The truth is, I've wanted you since the day I first met you. And I'll have you know, I'm strictly a one-woman man," he said, bringing tears to my eyes.

"You'd better be," I told him. "Because I'm a one-man woman. And I can shoot your balls off at 800 yards," I joked, prompting hearty laughter.

"Now that sounds like the girl I fell in love with," Ryan said, catching me off guard.

"You... you love me?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have said that. It just came out."

"No, don't apologize. The truth is... I love you, too," I told him. We looked at each other for a few moments, then came together in a steamy kiss. Then I had a wicked idea and decided to do something I had never done before. Taking his erection in my hand, I broke the kiss and looked Ryan in the eye.

1...345678