Justin Thyme Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We made our way down the back stairs this time so Brian would know where to go if he ever needed to come over to meet with me. I couldn't see that happening, but one never knows. I led him out the back door, where I got a big smile from Stephanie and a little wave. "Rosemary? Could I speak with you for a moment?" Brian tried very hard not to stare as she made her way around the pool and over to us.

"I want you to meet Brian Stevens. He's the one Jim sent over to talk with me."

"Hi, Brian. I'm Rosemary, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

Brian bowed his head and took her pro-offered hand, but instead of shaking it lifted it to his lips and kissed the back of it gently. I know, it sounds hokey, but when it actually happened it was really sweet, and made Rosemary's eyes go wide for a moment and a big smile crossed her face.

"Brian told me he just had to meet you; that you're 'the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.' His words not mine."

Brian gave me a dirty look, but Rosemary just laughed and gave Brian's hand a gentle squeeze. It was then I noticed he had not let go. "Justin, behave. Don't pay any attention to him, Brian."

"How do you think he and Jim got acquainted, Rosemary? I'll give you one guess."

Rosemary took one look at Brian's sheepish face and said, "Don't tell me you took a TV apart!" Brian's blush told all. "That's a hoot! You two ought to get along like peas in a pod then. You are hiring him, aren't you, Justin?"

"Absolutely! Just as soon as we can get things going. I'll call Jim tonight. Now, if you two will excuse me, I have to give Dad a call and let him know when Michael will get in." I noticed as I turned away that Brian still had her hand held gently in his own.

My cell went off before I made it back to the library to call Dad. "Hey, Michael. What's the word?"

"Sorry to bother you, Justin, but I have a big favor to ask."

"If I can, you have it."

"Thanks. Tomorrow night when we all get together, I have a feeling I'm going to need some counsel. I don't know what's going on, but from the sound of things it isn't just the railroad stuff. May I invite Dad to sit in on the meeting with me? Mom, too, if you don't mind. If it isn't OK, say so, but I feel like I'm getting in over my head and I always value my Dad's, and Mom's, opinions."

"I don't think it would be a problem. I'll have to run it past Dad or Grandpa, but I'm sure they will say yes. I'm calling Dad in just a minute. I'll call you right back, OK?"

"Thanks."

Dad wasn't excited about the time of the meeting, but I think he was really relieved to hear Michael wanted his parents involved. "Son," he said, "Never feel shame to admit you need advice, or hesitate to ask for it. Always be careful of the source of your advice, but never hesitate to ask. This says a lot about Michael and demonstrates why he has gotten as far as he has in life. Oh, and before we have this meeting go to a store someplace and buy some of those PVC lawn chairs or something to sit on. I don't want to sit on another paint bucket!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over dinner, Joanne Thibodeaux asked Jeff, "What is this with a meeting between Michael and Justin's family. Michael didn't do something wrong, did he? I mean, they've been doing stuff on that old house that Michael has been rather reluctant to discuss. Surely there wasn't a problem with the railroad?"

"Now dear, you know better than to try to second-guess Michael. No, I don't believe he is in any trouble. He would have said so if he was. Obviously, it wasn't something he wanted to discuss over the phone. He told me he didn't know what it was all about, either, but he said he wanted my advice, and he would welcome your thoughts as well, plus he thought it would be good for us to spend a little time with Justin's family. I really don't know why, but I'm sure if you can hold your horses for another day you will find out. I told him we would pick him up at the airport."

"I know. It just isn't like him to be secretive. First we have to find out about the railroad gold from the news media, and now this." She shook her head. "It doesn't sound like the meeting in Illinois went very well, either. He had to fly back to Omaha with them."

"Actually, Pete Fleming is very happy with him. Michael told me they caught the IT chief red-handed trying to extort the company, besides other things. So even though they didn't accomplish what Pete wanted out of the trip they ended up doing better. He's going to have a busy day tomorrow."

"Friday, too! Susie isn't involved in this meeting tomorrow night, is she? It isn't about her, is it?"

"No, dear. Quit worrying. Susie isn't involved at all. It is something business, but we'll have to wait and see. Uselessly speculating won't accomplish anything."

"Yes, dear!" Joanne didn't like being told to quit worrying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, Jim. Justin. I just hired Brian. . . . Yeah, he seems an OK guy, and I couldn't believe it when he told me how he met you. . . . Yeah, that's what he said. He was really afraid he was going to end up just being a tech and a clerk, but I was able to reassure him I don't have time to interfere. All he has to do is keep you happy. . . . Yeah. We talked about how he wants to run the store. I like his ideas, and he is like you, he thinks the key is in service more than just being low priced. He doesn't want to gouge on pricing, though."

"Look, I think we have a winner here, and he is like me in thinking there is a market for more than one store in the metro area. . . . No, I don't want to get too big too fast either, but I think it would be a good idea to watch for good people to grow with. . . . Yes, I think Harry would be an excellent choice if he wants to move up here. He would be a great one to head up sales, of course, I would have to tell him to be more respectful when I come in the store!" We both laughed.

"I'll drop in first of the week sometime and we can kick it around a bit and make some plans. I don't have time to do any real looking for properties right now, but I'll talk with Mom tonight and have her shake the bushes. She'll come up with something for us right away. Maybe she can talk with Donna, the gal that sold us the house, and see if the bank has any really good deals in good locations. I think location is the key thing for the first store at least. . . . Right, I'll have her give you a call tomorrow morning."

"Oh, one last thing and I'll let you go. Brian is already trying to steal my sister!" . . . "Yeah, I know. He has very good taste. See ya."

I glanced out my window when I closed out the call, and Brian was right. I do have a very nice view! And Brian was still talking with Rosemary, and still holding her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom and Mary sat and talked long after they were through eating, everything around them blotted out by their conversation. It wasn't until a gentleman stood by their table and cleared his throat that they even looked around. "I'm sorry to disturb your conversation, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed your dinner, but it is almost ten o'clock, and we are closing."

"Oh! I am so sorry!" Mary was embarrassed, but the manager waved it off.

"No need to apologize! We are honored to have you with us, and I hope you will return soon! Come early and stay longer." He bowed slightly, and there was a twinkle in his eye.

Tom smiled down at Mary as he helped her to her feet. "I thank you, sir for your hospitality. The food was superb, especially the 'Special Soup.' I've never had anything like it. I really did pay attention to what I was eating, before Mary here captivated my attention."

A small bow again, and, "Thank you sir. It is a recipe developed by my father, and it is very popular here."

"I can understand why. Tonight is my first time in your establishment, but I can assure you it will not be my last. Forgive us for taking up your evening." Tom led Mary out into the lobby where he stopped to pay for their meal and added a generous tip. "That is for booth rent. I know I kept the young lady from serving other customers, which was thoughtless of me. Perhaps this will make up for it a little bit."

"Ah, thank you, Sir. Very few people consider the server when they linger over their meals. Not that we object! We wish you to feel comfortable and not rushed. I will tell Mae Ling of your generosity."

Mary's skirt slid up her thigh a bit as she settled into the car, showing a bit of lace from her slip along with more of her leg than normal, and Tom felt a tightening in his crotch. Carefully he closed the door for her as she tugged the skirt back down a bit, but he noticed she didn't pull it all the way down.

He walked around the back of the car rather than the front so he could readjust himself just a bit without being in Mary's view, and then got back into the car. When he stopped in Mary's driveway Tom squeezed her hand gently and said, "Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. I really enjoyed myself!"

"Thank you, Tom. Would you like to come in for a glass of wine, or another beer? You won't have to worry about driving home tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked outside and called out to the girls, "I have to run to the store and pick up some stuff. I'm going to grab some pizzas while I'm out. How many of you would like to stay? Brian, you are welcome, too."

He gave me a slight nod, a bedazzled look on his face, and the other's all agreed to stay, too. Steph, can I borrow your car? I don't have any wheels."

"Sure. What do you have to pick up?"

"I'm going to get some of those plastic lawn chairs so we don't have to sit on paint buckets."

Brian reached in his pocket and pulled out some keys. "Take my pickup. You won't be able to get those chairs in her car."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

"I'll go with you if you want," Steph said. "Give me just a minute to throw something on."

Bitsy just laughed and said, "Go as you are, girl. Give the people in WalMart a thrill!" That got everyone laughing, and I thought for a minute she was going to do it, but she ran in the house and grabbed a long tee shirt.

I had Steph call and order the pizzas while I drove us to the store. Knowing what we needed, we parked by the Garden Center entrance and ran in quickly and grabbed a dozen of the chairs. That was more than needed, but I was sure they would come in handy during the school year somewhere or another. Michael called me while we were driving from the store over to the pizza place, and between talking with him and looking over at Steph, who had the tee shirt pulled up, showing off her bikini bottoms I had trouble focusing on my driving. Stephanie lightly running her nails up and down the inside of her thigh did nothing for my concentration at all!

"Hey, Justin. I went ahead and asked Mom and Dad to sit in on the meeting with me. I hope that's OK. I know you said you'd run it past your Dad, but I didn't think he would mind."

"No, that's cool. In fact Dad was pleased you would include them in on the discussion. Sorry, but I didn't get back to you yet."

"So what's going on, anyway? Not a problem, I hope. There isn't trouble with the railroad stuff, is there? I can straighten that out with Pete if there is."

"Oh no. It's nothing like that, in fact, it isn't anything bad at all. Look, I really can't talk about it right now. Don't worry, Grandpa will fill you in on everything tomorrow evening." Stephie looked at me questioningly, but I couldn't say anything more. She would learn soon enough.

"OK, I'll wait. Dad said they will pick me up at the airport, so you won't have to go out there. I'm going to stay over for the night, and then I'll steal a car from them for the day Friday. See you then. I've got to go grab something to eat with Pete, and I think he's going to grab a couple of IT guys so we can get a head start on tomorrow. You wouldn't believe that guy in Chicago! Later."

I put my phone away, and saw Stephanie looking at me, just bursting to know what was going on. "I can't say anything right now, Sweetheart. You'll know all about it soon, but right now I can't say anything. Grandpa said to keep it quiet until the family has a chance to discuss matters. All I can say is it has to do with what Michael and I found, and that nothing is wrong. Trust me?"

"I'll always trust you, Justin. I'm just curious."

"I promise you I'll tell you everything just as soon as Grandpa says things are taken care of so that I can. Remember how the newsies were hounding us the other day? Well, this will start it all over again, but we want to control things as best we can. K?"

"I guess, but you be sure to tell me first, please?"

"You will always be first. Always." She leaned her head across the console and leaned it on my shoulder just before we stopped at the pizza place.

Before going into the store with me she pulled the tee shirt up and tied it off just below her boobs, leaving just a couple of inches of skin showing on her belly, and of course her bikini bottoms. With a wink at me she hopped out the door of the truck and started for the door, with me right behind her. Needless to say, we had guys falling all over themselves to wait on us when we walked in the door.

"Justin," I said, and one of the guys pulled several pizzas from the warming rack and slid them across the counter. I also got several two liters of Coke and other soft drinks and we were out the door, but not before one of the employees ran out from behind the counter to open the door. It's funny, but I've never had anyone bother to open the door for me before, or carry a bag of two liters bottles for me either like he did for Stephanie.

"Works every time!" Stephanie smirked at me as she closed her door. "You guys are just so predictable." All I could do is shake my head in agreement. I'd have done the same if I worked there. The only thing that surprised me was there wasn't a fight over who carried the bottles and opened the door for her!

Brian came around to the drive, with Rosemary close behind, to help me carry the chairs into the house. Rosemary and Steph carried in the pizzas and sodas, and the other girls all followed us in. Even though there was plenty of room in the kitchen and around the counter Bitsy, Debbie, and even Helen managed to rub their boobs across the top of my arms at least once as they grabbed pizza, or when I handed them sodas. Rosemary smirked at me once when Debbie took the opportunity to rub her boobs across my back while slipping between me and someone behind me, but Stephanie didn't think it was quite as funny.

Steph stripped the tee shirt off quickly and found an excuse to take my arm and hold it against her boob as she was saying something to me, and I must say the sight of six girls sitting around eating pizza while sprawled out in those plastic lawn chairs was the nicest view I've ever had while eating pizza. I was struggling to keep from getting a boner, but not very successfully. I didn't get fully hard, but my shorts were sporting a bit of a bulge.

Suddenly I realized the time. "Brian, didn't you have something going tonight? I hope you didn't forget."

He just gave me a big smile. "I called and cancelled. It wasn't that important anyway."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you serious?" Tom asked incredulously.

Mary nodded, and reached a hand over to rest on his. "You've come to mean a lot to me, Tom, and I don't want to be alone tonight. If you aren't comfortable with it I understand."

"I don't know anything I've ever wanted more, and have wanted ever since the day I brought your purse to you. I'm afraid I'll mess this up."

"Don't be afraid. Just be yourself, the Tom Meechum I think I'm falling for."

Tom lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it tenderly before stepping out of the car to walk around and open Mary's door. He held her hand all the way to her door, only letting her hand go so she could find her keys and unlock the door. Once inside he stopped and looked at Brad's picture on the wall and nodded in respect before turning to Mary. "You know, I've never even kissed you?"

"There's no time like the present." Several minutes later Mary leaned her head on Tom's shoulder. "This is what I've missed for so long. Where have you been?"

"Looking for you, but I didn't know it. You fit my arms very nicely, but why me? And why now?"

Mary led him over to the couch, where they sat cuddled together. "It started for me the first day, the love and respect you showed for the one I loved, and the way you have honored him each time you come in the house. He isn't a threat to you, but he is to you as he is to me, one you love and remember. And then that day in the ER when I saw you working on those little children. Your compassion and tenderness showed through even though I know it hurt you deeply."

"That day in the ER is what finished it for me, too. That, and the other night when you held me as I broke down. I've never done that before, and you didn't back away." Tom drew back from Mary a little bit so he could look into her eyes. "Mary, I know it's awfully soon, and we hardly know each other, but I know enough for me. Will you marry me?"

"I know enough for me, too, and I would be honored. I love you, Tom. This only happens in the story books and movies, but it's real." Mary leaned in to Tom for a kiss and then nestled her head back onto his shoulder and sighed.

"I can't ask your father or the Staff Sergeant for permission. Should I maybe ask your daughter?" Tom murmured in her ear.

"I know what her answer will be, but I think it would be good."

Tom pulled his new phone from his pocket and stopped. "You know, I don't even have her number."

Mary got her phone from her purse and handed it to him. "She wouldn't know your number either and probably wouldn't answer it this time of night. Use mine."

Tom's hands were shaking as he tried to push the buttons.

"Hi, Mom. What's up?"

"Stephanie, this is Tom."

"Oh no! What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just need to ask you something."

"Oh. Good. You scared me for a minute. What's up?"

He paused and took a deep breath before saying, "I just asked your mother to marry me, and I want your permission." He had to pull the phone from his ear because of her scream of joy.

"Oh yes, yes, yes! I'm so happy! I told Mom the day I met you that you would be a good one for her! And, I think you will be a wonderful Daddy!"

"Thanks," Tom whispered.

It was a very excited Stephanie that danced all through the house hugging everyone and telling them the good news, holding me tightly, while I held her so she could cry tears of joy into my neck. It was only moments before I had Rosemary on one side of us and Susie on the other joining in on the hug and tears. I'm not saying I cried too, but my cheeks were awfully wet when we broke apart, and I needed a tissue.

Tom lifted Mary and set her across his lap and hugged her tightly to himself. Somehow the wine and beer were forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Debbie, Bitsy, and Helen left shortly after we finished off the pizzas, but Brian stayed around for a while. We all moved into the library, and were sitting in the lawn chairs in front of the desk. Something about the room just made it the gathering spot. Maybe it was the dark wood of the shelves that just made it more comforting than bare walls in the kitchen. When Stephanie got the call we had been talking about school, and what we could expect in the fall, places to get good deals on books, professors to avoid, and things like that.

Stephanie jumped to her feet and started screaming, and kicked her chair across the room as she jumped. She danced around and around laughing, crying, hugging us all, even Brian who was as puzzled as he could be, but she ended up in my arms trying to drown me in her tears, as it were. What a difference from the girl who cried in my arms after Paul attacked her and tried to rape her. What a difference in men!