Karma is a Journey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I eventually moved back to Cali, where I ran for mayor of San Diego. A few years later, I became the governor of the great state of California for one term. By then, the political bug left me. Lobbying seemed the natural transition point, but I didn't want the DC life anymore. So, I went back to work with Roger. By then, I had two more kids with Meredith. She had one more with Roger, and he got his PA knocked up. But the kids are a big part of our lives, and there are always plenty of aunts and uncles to take care of them. There is mom and dad for each child, and all other adults are uncles or aunts. Look, it's California. We do things different here.

Oh, stop laughing or shaking your heads. I stopped being a vanilla-basic type long before I went back to San Diego.

Patricia never married again. During an invitation to a cruise on the Mediterranean, she fell in love with European life and moved there. Patricia has a seaside villa in Spain, an apartment in Rome, and a Greek island condo. Last I heard, she has a boyfriend in each location. She will never change.

Lori married one of Duke's competitors, and they moved to Florida. They own two hotels and three condo buildings. He had two children from a previous marriage, but Lori gave him another two. I hope she is happy. She finally got the man and lifestyle she wanted. But it turns out she is the one living a vanilla and conventional life. Go figure.

Karma really is a journey.

***********

Look.

I know some of you live in a world of "sugar and spice and everything nice." A world where your first love is expected to stay chaste to you from high school until the end. If you have found that happy place, power to you, and I envy your happiness.

But the rest of us slobs are struggling to make heads or tails of this crazy universe. We have failed marriages, kids out of wedlock, cheating spouses, oh it's a nightmare. But we make do in our own way.

Cut us some slack, will you?

Thanks for reading. Until next time I post try and relax. The fate of the world depends on it.

  • COMMENTS
57 Comments
Lowrider2020Lowrider20204 months ago

Thank you for the look at the under belly of our world, I have no doubt that it is accurate and I thoroughly enjoyed it . If stars were available you would get all five.

NoBullAlNoBullAl5 months ago

Another very good story by this author. The MC has some brain power (not that he uses it all the time) and is able to finesse his way thru difficult times. Gets rid of a cheating wife without quite burning her and moves on to better things in California. New point in life may be different but it eventually works well for him!!

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

My second read. I really like it when a writer can get me so involved I want to bitch slap a character. So I read it this time and see people, human beings. Thank you for being so talented and sharing your work

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

I really like the confrontation at the divorce.

Exposing them both as greedy and unsure

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I so love the way you write these stories, I also liked that end paragraph, so true….

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
I'm a Bastard Wife cheats, he leaves, kids blame him for family breakup.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Good Enough for the Goose... Stealing an accountant's wife can be dangerous.in Loving Wives
Independence Day He made his own declaration.in Loving Wives
More Stories