Kate & Jim

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'If nothing else the sissy boy's mother has good taste. I love the way my room is decorated and furnished. It is almost if I decorated it myself. It will be my safe haven in a storm.'

Kate decided the house cleaning duties wouldn't be so bad since the floors were finished wood with carpets. The kitchen and bathroom floors were tile. With the exception of her room, the wood floors had the oval sectional rag wool carpets of Jim's rustic and masculine taste.

Kate's room had a genuine hand woven wool oriental rug. There was a genuine Tiffany floor lamp next to the huge floral and cherub carved mahogany poster bed that was the centerpiece of the room. There was a matching Tiffany table lamp on her makeup vanity table with the carved mirror and matching carved chair. Add the lace curtains and the heavy brocade drapes on her bed, that where identical to the canopy and curtains ...perfect.

There was a mahogany floor to ceiling wardrobe with mirrors on the inside of the doors. There were two dressers of mahogany carved to match the rest of the bedroom furniture.

Kate explored the three story house, an historical landmark, and a house that she secretly coveted. Kate went from top to bottom; from stem to stern looking through every closet and drawer. Kate even went up in the enclosed widow's walk going outside on the roof near the railing to look over the neighborhood through Jim's Swarovski binoculars and telescope. Kate didn't recognize the brand but she recognized their quality when she handled them.

No doubt the troll wanted the house cleaned from top to bottom and stem to stern and here is where Kate started after going downstairs for the Murphy's Oil soap, a bucket of warm water, rags, glass cleaner, paper towels, a broom and dustpan.

Kate cleaned the inside of the widow's walk from ceiling to floor, returning with glass cleaner to do the windows inside and out. Kate noticed one of the windows was sticking. She would have to talk to Jim about that.

Next Kate tackled the finished attic, opening the windows on both ends for a cross breeze.

'This attic is a disgrace,' she thought, 'just look at all this dust and clutter; boxes scattered about including on top of the billiard table.'

Kate moved boxes and swept and dusted. Kate then vacuumed intending to wash walls and mop the floor after checking in with her Probation Officer. Kate lifted the corner of the nylon tarp to check the surface of the pool table. She was pleased to see it still in excellent condition. Kate loved playing pool and was quite good at it; as it turned out much better than Jim.

Kate went to the kitchen to make to the telephone call to get his voice mail. She reasoned that was good enough for now. Being a little hungry Kate ate another banana, a can of tuna with celery, red onion, lemon juice, black pepper mixed in on top of saltine crackers.

She drank three glasses of water while sitting at the table and compiling the grocery list. She reasoned that it would be good to get into her routine again even if it wasn't her real home.

Kate made a mental note to discuss removing all the contents of the beat up cardboard boxes and plastic garbage bags in the attic to put them into plastic storage tubs with lids so that they could be stacked. It wouldn't hurt to label them as well.

About the time she finished the attic, Kate heard cars pull in the driveway and the loud noise of excited youthful commotion that could only be boys. Looking out the window she saw dozen boys of all shapes and sizes with groceries bags in hand piling out of Jim's Chevy Van and four more boys get out of a black sedan.

The last person to get out of the sedan was Robert Jervis. Kate thought, 'great, just my luck."

They already had the grill out of the garage, the ice chest full of ice and soda pop before Kate got outside to talk with her young Probation Officer, Robert Jervis; he couldn't be more than twenty-two or twenty-three at the most and he was all hard nosed business. In Kate's mind she was being bossed around by an insufferable child who was too big for his britches.

When she approached him, "I'll be with you in a minute, Ms. Ryan."Kate was using her maiden name of Ryan now, "I'm not here on official business.....OK, you boy's line up behind your Coach and then we need a show of hands of who needs a baseball glove...pay attention, Sam."

He then turned to Kate and said, "We will talk after we bring the boys home, Ms. Ryan," and Kate wondered why the change in attitude. He was addressing her as Ms. Ryan instead of Katherine.

In the mean time more boys showed up and immediately got in line behind Jim or Robert. These boys were wearing their team's uniform from the previous year.

"You players pair-off with a boy in uniform," Jim said, "he is going to be your practice buddy for the entire season.....what did you say, Sam?..... Yes, after you are paired off and get your glove we will have hotdogs and hamburgers.....Yes, Sam, we will be having soda-pop too......yes, Sam, everybody is going to get a uniform but not today.....

*************************************

Kate went into the house to get cleaned up to be ready with her meeting with her Probation Officer. It was after dark until Officer Jarvis came inside. He seemed to be in good spirits.

"Coach is driving the boys home who don't have a ride."

"Who is Coach?" Kate asked.

"Coach Brady," Officer Jervis replied, "I assumed you knew. Jim was my Little League coach. Normally all the best players are picked first. Coach and I pick the boys we know nobody else wants; the misfits. We mix them in with the better players from the previous seasons who stick around to mentor; the buddy system.

Some of the new boys will lose interest and quit early but most stick around to become adequate or good players with the occasional outstanding player emerging from the mix.

I was lousy when Coach picked me. I am merely adequate now. Our team seldom won any games but we were a tight group. We learned the most important lesson of all; to have each other's back covered.

There were no stars on our team. Everybody got to play. I have my own team now and I follow Coach's philosophy."

"As you can see Officer Jervis, I am in compliance. I work for Mr. Brady as his live-in housekeeper. I still contend that I'm innocent."

"Yes, Coach and I discussed your case in great detail."

"What do you mean in great detail?" Kate asked starting to get angry, "What business is it of his?"

"Your trial is a matter of public record, Ms. Ryan. Coach has copies of the trial transcripts. I didn't give Coach any personal information about you if that is what you are worried about and he didn't ask."

"I had no idea that trial transcripts are that easily available, Officer Jervis."

They're not; access generally requires a written Freedom of Information request and that takes time."

"Then how did Mr. Brady get them so quickly?"

"I have no idea....perhaps because he is Coach. I caught hell for referring to you by your first name, Ms. Ryan and I apologize.

Coach explained it was disrespectful and unprofessional of me to address a mature woman in such a manner.

'A mature woman," Kate thought, ready to kill the troll.

I also read the transcripts of your trial. I'm not supposed to take a stance one way or the other. Off the record I don't believe you did it either now, Ms. Ryan. The good news is that I do have some discretion in the administration of your probation. You will no longer be required to wear the "GPS" ankle bracelet."

"Thank you, Officer Jervis."

"You are welcome, Ms. Ryan."

******************************************

There was a dark storm cloud gathering above Kate's head in the kitchen as she waited for Jim to return.

When Jim walked into the kitchen, "Hello Kate, I trust you slept well?"

"Yes, thank you for asking, Sir."

"Do you like your bedroom?"

"It's adequate, Sir."

"I see, just adequate," Jim said, shaking his head in annoyance, "I also see that you are still fixated on calling me Sir?"

"Yes, Sir, I'm trying to be professional about it unlike some people."

"Alright, what's bothering you, Kate?"

"May I speak my mind without fear of being beaten or fired, Sir?"

"You may."

"And you won't wash my mouth out with soap."

"No, spit it out," he said grinning.

"Don't think for a minute that you can buy me so cheaply."

"Are you dissatisfied with our arrangement? Do you want more money? I feel I have been more than fair."

"I can buy my own shampoo and other things like that. I'm not destitute, Sir."

"What are you talking about, Kate? I was just trying to be nice to make you feel at home. I have no idea what brands you prefer."

"You just want to get into my pants. It's patently obvious. "

"Is that what you think, Kate? I have no other feelings or motives aside from the patently obvious?"

"All men want something. I know what you want, me."

"Apparently there is no pleasing you, Kate, and yes I still do. That is part of our agreement," Jim replied raising his voice with this difficult woman.

"You are angry. There is no point in trying to reason with you and discuss this sensitive issue further, Sir."

"Don't try and manipulate me, Kate; "there is no point in trying to discuss" is a manipulative argument falling on deaf ears."

"Fine, we will have it out her an now. What business is it of yours reading my trial transcripts or interfering with my Probation Officer? I'm more than capable of handling that on my own."

"Are you aware that as your employer I am required to provide Bobby with monthly time sheets along with a progress report?

I have to talk to your Probation Officer as a condition of your probation. You approached me, remember. You asked me for help. I have every right and a vested interest."

"No I didn't know about you reporting to Officer Jervis. But if you think I'm innocent why inquire?"

"Because I am looking into a few things, Kate."

"Next subject ; don't you think it hypocritical that you insist Officer Jervis address me as Ms. Ryan and you address me as Kate when my name is Katherine?"

"No, I do not think it is hypocritical."

"How convenient, I...." Kate stated sarcastically before catching herself to really speak her mind.

"Bobby is one of my boys, Kate. I was his Little League Coach. He worked for me summers during High School and summers while attending college.

Bobby just turned twenty-two while you are going to be thirty-six in September. Bobby doesn't have your life experience or sophistication.

Furthermore, Bobby has only been a Probation Officer for six months. In theory you are old enough to be his mother.

Bobby is young, inexperienced, highly motivated to succeed, perhaps a bit hardnosed. I am certain when he gets older and gains experience, Bobby will calm down and mature into the job."

"I thought it was something else."

"Fair enough, but I have to tell you I didn't like finding the ankle bracelet on you. It is totally unnecessary and demeaning. It is no different than a shock collar on a dog.

You are none of those things and it angered me."

"There is one more thing, Mr. Brady, is the occasional role in the sack open for negotiation?"

"In a word, no!"

"I have made a grocery list for you to approve. Many of the items in your cupboards are questionable or out of date. They need to be replaced. I've put them aside if you care to look."

"That won't be necessary. I'll take your word for it. Dispose of them as you see fit."

"I cleaned the widow's walk and started on the attic. The window facing North on the widow's walk sticks. You need to look into fixing that.

We can talk about the plastic storage tubs with lids and what my days off will be tomorrow. Do you need my services for the rest of the evening, Mr. Brady? Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm full of hotdogs and I have my team roster to go over."

"I will be in my room, good night, Mr. Brady."

"Goodnight, Kate."

**********************************

Three months had gone by and Kate was well settled into a routine. She was getting used to Jim's ways. Kate had no real complaints because she had the run of the house from top to bottom and kept it immaculate for them.

Kate is a well organized woman with a system and once she got things the way she wanted them, all Kate had to do was maintain.

Kate rearranged all the kitchen cupboards and moved furniture around including his bedroom. Jim didn't complain.

As long as his leather chair and footstool had the floor lamp next to it and his meals were on time, everything was OK in the world as far as Jim was concerned.

Jim approved her grocery list every week and for the most part let Kate plan all their meals.

They took all their meals together even lunch. Jim came home from work for an hour most days and telephoned her when he couldn't.

Jim wasn't a picky eater and ate whatever she put in front of him aside from liking his steaks rare. Encouraged by this, Kate started trying out different recipes and dishes, something she wasn't able to do when she was married.

The ex was an extremely picky eater who would throw a tantrum if she broke the yolk on his egg. Jim didn't care as long as it was cooked.

It was amazing, Jim ate and ate with a healthy gusto never seeming to gain weight.

She found herself constantly comparing Jim with her ex- husband. Jim took all of his meals at a properly set table with her. He never in front of the television to eat, like some people, the ex-asshole.

Jim was considerate. He picked up after himself. He wiped out the tub and shower with his bath towel when he was done bathing, put his dirty clothes in the hamper....little things like that.

Jim hadn't demanded Kate perform her wifely duties to date although out of the blue when she least expected it Jim would grab Kate and kiss her lips leaving her flustered.

The garage along with that stupid car remained his domain. Jim kept it locked when he wasn't home. This made Kate very curious. She wondered what the big secret was; especially since there wasn't a thing or place in the house she wasn't intimately familiar with.

*************************************

Baseball season was over and Kate had been living with Jim five months. She still hadn't been able to get into the garage alone to look around. It was driving her crazy.

'What is Jim hiding in there?' Kate was always thinking, 'Jim sometimes disappears early in the morning on weekends to return late at night.

Kate found herself waiting up for Jim unable to sleep when he wasn't home and would stew about it, thinking,

'Jim is so predictable and reliable except for disappearing all day Saturday and Sunday and not telling me where he is going....reliable is good. Is it possible that Jim is with a woman....no women have ever called here looking for him?

I have no idea who Jim talks to when he is in the garage. He never brought a woman home that I know of in all the time I have known him.....

What's the matter with me? I'm a woman.... granted he leaves his cell phone number for emergencies.....the hell with him.

There are definite disadvantages to working for Mr. Brady.

I have to be home after eight at night because of my damn curfew unless I am with Jim or it is work related. Maybe I should try a different approach with him.'

So she did; during the week after dinner Jim watched the evening news for an hour. Kate started joining him for that and after the news they would watch the game show "Jeopardy" together. Kate was quite good at it and was surprised Jim was too.

It was a race to be first to answer the question correctly out loud and they started keeping score.

Interestingly enough Kate started to realize Jim had other interests and knowledge beside baseball and the stupid car he was restoring, thinking, 'Yes we make small talk during meals and in a way I look forward to being grabbed and kissed; Jim is so damn strong and powerful.'

Kate realized that she underestimated him. Jim was seeing another woman. She realized Jim Brady wasn't really that bad now that she was getting to know him.

It was now time to take advantage of Saturday and Sunday which were Kate's regular days off. Officer Jervis couldn't do anything about her curfew; that was part of the plea deal written in stone.

If Jim insisted on a surrogate wife he should be home on the weekends with her, and at the very least tell her where he was going.

Kate reasoned that she cooked and cleaned for Jim like a wife and therefore they could play billiards, the next step in doing things together on Saturday plus other interests to cover Sunday. She might even let Jim win; it would be good for his ego. Kate assumed that being married once made her an expert on all men's egos.

*****************************

The following morning was Saturday and their shared birthday. Kate was in the kitchen mixing the batter for the sour dough blue berry pancakes they would be having for their birthday breakfast.

Jim walked into the kitchen casually dressed in tan chinos, a white long sleeve shirt with a pair of brown leather brogans on his feet.

"Happy birthday, Kate. You shouldn't be cooking on your birthday. Would you like to join me for breakfast? I'll wait while you get dressed. Don't take too long or it will be lunch time and I'm starving. How does steak and eggs sound to you?"

"Good morning. You're always starving. You certainly are in a good mood this morning. Happy Birthday. Breakfast out would be very nice, thank you. Just let me put the batter in the refrigerator."

Kate walked over to the refrigerator and put the bowl away. She procrastinated and pretended to arrange the magnets holding the notes and newspaper clippings they put there to talk about during meals.

Kate was waiting for her birthday kiss. She was sure that today of all days Jim would kiss her. When Kate turned around Jim was gone.

Annoyed, Kate went upstairs to her bathroom to take a quick shower.

'I really could use some new clothes,' Kate thought sighing while checking her long coppery red hair for split ends. Pampered and well cared for it felt good in her hands, 'I haven't had a good trim in almost six months....I'll ask Jim if he has the time to take me.'

Kate loosely put her hair up before going into the shower not wanting to get it wet. She washed quickly with the lavender oat meal soap. She came out with a towel around her middle to find Jim was sitting on her bed.

"You look beautiful with your hair pinned up, Katherine," Jim said getting up from the bed. She took a step back unsure.

Jim never looked at her like he was looking at her now. It was a demanding uncompromising look that made her skin tingle.

The look said Jim would have his way with her if he chose to do so. Jim was addressing her as Katherine on his terms as if Katherine was another woman and separate from Kate, a woman to be savaged for his unbridled lust.

If nothing else. Jim could be very intimidating when he was angry, and even then Jim was slow to anger. Kate attended a few of his team's Little League games in the evenings or on Saturday to get out of the house and sometimes worked in the volunteer refreshment stand.

During one of those games an asshole father from the opponent's team didn't like a call that the Umpire made against his son. The classless father became loud, obnoxious and vulgar. He almost had Jim's pitcher in tears.

Jim stopped the game by walking out to the pitcher's mound. He whistled loudly and sharply through his fingers. All of his player's in the dugout and on the field ran to the pitcher's mound. They formed a circle facing the crowd around their distraught team mate closing ranks.

Jim made an announcement that the game wouldn't continue unless the loudmouth left the property. Jim's team could forfeit the game per the rules of the league, but in this case the loss was really a win.