Katherine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The first time I tried to run, one of his silent guards caught me immediately and brought me before Gabriel. His feelings were genuinely hurt as if he couldn't understand it. He told me not to do it again and left it at that.

In the coming days, the large man who didn't dress as a lord came in his hunters clothes. He never spoke with the others, always staying back and watching. The third day, he came to me and pulled me from another man's lap. The man didn't complain, only glanced at the hunter and quickly looked away.

The hunter led me to a back wall and turned me to face the room, then pulled me back against him. One hand went to my throat, his giant hand encircling it. The other went to my ribs to hold me firmly against him. Slowly, so slowly, his fingers began to tighten around my neck until I started to panic, my breathing quickening. He moved his other hand over my heart as if to feel it racing. His fingers kept squeezing until I was crying and my hands went to his hand.

"Allerd, you will not harm her," Gabriel called.

The hand eased slightly around my neck, but the man held her other hand over my racing heart until I began to calm down. Three more times he squeezed until I could hardly breathe, then released and stood feeling my racing heart.

He never touched me in another way, but every day, a few times a day he would pull me aside and torture me in this way.

The second time I tried to run, his silent guard caught me again as I made it out a window,

This time Gabriel was angry. "I have treated you well! You know nothing but pleasure and I have adored you and seen to all of your needs!" he cried, pacing. "You cannot be so ungrateful! I will not allow it! Must I collar you? Do I need to make threats, Katherine? I have no wish to be harsh with you, I adore you! Do not make me be cross with you!"

I stared up at him, tears falling. "I don't like any of this! I hate it! I hate being used and passed around and looked at! It's miserable and..."

"You are adored, Katherine! You are so lovely and so many wish to witness it! You perform so beautifully, your body was made for this life!"

"I don't like it! I am not some whore you can display, I am your wife!"

"That is enough, Katherine," he scolded, coming to me to hug me against him as if to cool my temper. "I will hear no more about it!"

"If you don't stop," I sobbed, "I will end myself rather than keep enduring it!"

Gabriel shoved me out to arms length to look down at me. "You will do no such thing! You will not harm yourself! It is my wife you are threatening and I WILL see you punished, Katherine! You will never try to harm yourself! Not ever! Do you understand?"

It was the most anger he had ever shown towards me. I only stared up at him silently, my eyes still full of tears.

"You may sit here without dinner!" he scolded, looking confused as to what he should do as far as punishment. "Donovan, stay and watch her to be sure she tries nothing!"

Gabriel left, looking more upset than I had ever seen him. He truly did not understand why I would rather die than keep allowing him to use me.

Donovan, who had been constantly silent, looked me over and finally spoke. "His first four wives ended themselves," he smirked. "The fifth managed to run off, but the sixth and seventh ended themselves too. He keeps having to go further and further afield to find new wives. Girls like you who are too far out and too sheltered to know of his... proclivities. He'll never harm you or allow another to harm you. I don't see why any of you complain so much. You have a life of constant pleasure and everything you could ever ask for. Why do you all rail against it?"

I looked at the man and as he spoke, I understood something. "He could find a great many women willing to be his wife and be passed around and displayed... he does not choose those women. He chooses women who will never agree to that life. It is more exciting for him and for the men who watch. Let me escape him? Please?"

Donovan laughed derisively. "No. You try it again and I'll fit your collar myself. A great many men come to see you and that pleases him greatly that you draw so many. So long as he is master of the house, I will see him happy."

"As his wife, I am your mistress. Should you not see to my wishes as well?"

Donovan smirked. "The master will always come first. He is much older than you. Once he passes from this world, it is you I will obey and you will be free of his attentions. For now, enjoy them."

I turned away from Donovan and curled up close to the fireplace. I needed to find a way to escape!

The days began becoming a blur as I lost more and more of myself, losing all hope. More often than not, I closed my eyes and imagined being back in the small farmhouse with Ben. His teasing smile, his shining eyes and the way he laughed. Slim and Liz and the way they were always so happy. Ben's kiss in the barn and the way he looked at me. The way he called me 'wife' like it was less of a jest and more of a wish.

One evening, I was daydreaming so fondly I actually imagined I saw him for a moment, passing in the hall. He was dressed as a servant, but it had looked so much like him. The thought came and went as I was taken by Allerd. He had recently returned and he still loved to make my heart race in fear. Terror gripped me as he staggered, the smell of whiskey on him. Drunk men were always more rough with me. His hand closed around my throat, but this time he bent over me and his other hand cupped around my mound and he lifted me off my feet. Pressing my bottom against his hips and his manhood through his pants, he began rubbing and thrusting vulgarly as he held me and closed his fingers around my throat.

I let out a scream as I tugged at his hand as it quickly cut off my air.

Gabriel was there suddenly, his hands on me, trying to pull me away as Donovan and Gerid, the other silent guard, tackled Allerd against the wall. Gabriel caught me and we both went down as Allerd kicked out with a roar of anger.

"Shhh, my love! I have you!" Gabriel cried, pulling me away from the struggle as other men rushed to help. Gabriel turned me to him and looked me over in worry. "Are you harmed?" he asked, his own nose dripping blood.

I shook my head, still terrified.

"See him out!" Gabriel yelled to his guards. "He is never to return!"

I let Gabriel hug me close, rubbing my back as I trembled.

"You are fine, sweet girl. Joseph? Please have a care for my lovely little bride while I go and change?"

"Of course, Lord Ellingcort," Joseph agreed, pulling me close to him and leading me to a chair. He sat and pulled me into his lap to hug me against him. Joseph was always gentle with me, only wanting to hold me.

Gabriel hurried out, holding a handkerchief to his nose.

As soon as he left, the room began to buzz with what had just happened. Donovan and Gerid came back in and looked around, looking me over as they took up their posts by the doors.

Joseph was much younger than Gabriel, but he always acted just like him. Whispering kind words, kissing my hand and stroking my back. It was as if he was trying to emulate him. He was a favorite of Gabriels for that reason. A few other men came close as if wanting to claim me from him, but none dared since Gabriel had put me in Joseph's charge. Still, they hovered as if hoping to claim me as soon as Gabriel returned. I could have told them that Gabriel was going to take me in hand himself when he returned and probably not let me go for the rest of the evening.

A yell from outside made everyone go still and a few men close to the window looked out.

"Oh!" a young lord cried, then ran from the room. Everyone followed except for Joseph and Donovan after he saw that Joseph was keeping me in the room. Joseph looked completely torn over what he should do. When there was a scream outside, Donovan hesitated.

"Give her to me," Donovan demanded, grabbing a nearby lap blanket to throw over me as he took me from Joseph. He hurried outside with me as I gripped his shoulders, afraid suddenly.

The men were all gathered around in a circle and Donovan pushed through as Gerid gave him a flabbergasted look.

It was Gabriel. His neck was broken as he lay bleeding on the walk. Donovan looked up and I followed his gaze to the balcony from Gabriels room.

"He did not jump," Donovan announced. "He is too far away. He was pushed or thrown."

"Only Allerd is strong enough to do that," another man called out.

"He would have had to go around to the back door as soon as we threw him out," Gerid shook his head. "Gone up to his room and hid, waiting on him."

"It could have been done," Donovan scowled.

"Give her to me," an older man named Bryant demanded, moving to take me from Allerd. "I will take her inside."

His look said he had plans for me once he got me inside.

A few others spoke up after him, saying they would like to have time with me as well.

I looked up at Donovan as he hesitated. "You once told me that I would be your mistress the day he died. That means now. You'll not hand me over to any of these men! All of you, leave here, now! You are never welcome here again!"

Bryant laughed derisively and moved to pull me away from Donovan.

"Unhand her," Donovan snarled. "You heard her. Lady Ellingcort has demanded you all leave her home."

Most of the men backed off, looking confused, but Joseph stepped up to me, his look pleading.

"Katherine! I would care for you, take care of you and see you pampered and loved like no other!. If you would..."

"I said get out! Go and fetch the constables immediately. Donovan, Gerid, please see me to my rooms so I may dress."

Donovan took me inside and as soon as we were in, I wriggled down from Donovan's arms and ran up the stairs still wrapped in the blankets. There were three dresses in my wardrobe, all for when we went out in public. I pulled one on immediately, feeling a hundred times better just having clothing to cover me. I felt less vulnerable.

When I turned, Donovan was at the door as if guarding me.

"I wish privacy."

"Lady Ellingcort, if Allerd did this, he may still be close, waiting to get his hands on you."

I looked around fearfully. "Very well. We will go down and wait on the constables."

Once the two guards told the constables about Allerds outburst and being forced to leave, the constables agreed that he must have done it. He was the only one strong enough to throw Gabriel that far and that hard. They searched the house for him first, then they began a search of the streets and local pubs.

Donovan and Gerid saw me back inside, then double checked my room before allowing me to lay down.

I didn't want to lay down, I wanted to leave this place. I didn't care that I was Lady Ellingcort now, I wanted none of this. I knew what I wanted.

Still, I laid down to think over what I should do, how I could slip away.

To my shock, the servant who brought in my breakfast tray was Ben.

MY Ben.

I stared at him as he grinned at me, setting the tray down. "You didn't think I was going to let some old man make off with my wife did you?" he asked lightly. "Took a bit of time to find you, but find you I did. Are you hurt? Do you need time to recover before I take ou out of this gilded cage?"

"I'm fine," I answered faintly, staring up at him in awe. "I... I thought I dreamed you!"

"Often have dreams of me?" he asked, grinning as he laid a napkin over my lap.

"Every single day, many times a day," I answered breathlessly. "I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't had you."

His eyes went to mine as his look turned almost sad. "I am here now, wife," he murmured gently. "I will have you out of here soon. Eat now, you will need your strength for the trip home."

"Home?" I asked hopefully.

"Home," he nodded, then flipped a finger under my chin lightly as he stood. "Finish as much as you can, I will be back for the tray soon," he said more loudly. "Enjoy your meal, Lady Ellingcort."

He left and I stared at his back as he left.

I realized then, Allerd hadn't thrown Gabriel out the window. Ben had. He had saved me, again. Killed for me. Without hesitation.

I pushed the tray back and got up, getting dressed quickly before stepping out. "Donovan, Gerid, you may both go and get some rest. I am planning a trip back to see my parents and I will not need an escort. No arguments! I do not wish to be here just now, I need my mother and father."

Gerid nodded curtly, but Donovan looked like he wanted to argue. Instead, when he spoke it was not to argue. "Allerd was apprehended this morning in the early hours. They found him in a pub and he resisted arrest heavily. He was killed."

I swallowed hard, feeling a little bad about that... but there had always been something off about the man. The way he wanted me terrified all the time, the way it had excited him.

"That is well then," I nodded shakily. "He will never harm another and I feel safer now. Thank you for letting me know. I will leave you both in charge while I am gone. Please ready a carriage and my clothes such as they are, as well as food for the trip. Thank you."

I left them standing there, confused as I hurried downstairs.

"You! You head the servants, yes?"

"Yes my Lady Ell..."

"I intend to take an extended trip and there will be no more parties or hosting of guests. I don't intend to spend much time here at all. I want you to let all of the servants go save for the few you need to keep this place while empty. The bare minimum. Close all the rooms, just enough to keep the place up. The villa as well and any other properties. In fact... Donovan, Gerid, I wish all of these buildings and land sold immediately. All of them. Send the funds along to my parents, they will know how to reach me. See to it. Can you do that?"

"Of course, Lady Ellingcort," Donovan answered uncertainly. "You realize your estates bring you a great deal of income and..."

"I don't care. Sell them all. I have no wish to stay here and I'm sure you understand why. As I said, send everything along to my parents as you get it. Pay yourselves to the last of it, then find new employment. If that suits you. If not, I will hire someone else to see to it."

"I will see to it, Lady Ellingcort," Donovan nodded. "I will see to your other wishes right away."

I nodded, then hurried to the library to write out some letters, the first to my parents. By the time I was done, Donovan told me my carriage and things were ready. I was more than ready to be gone. I sent off the letters, then climbed into the carriage. Of course, my driver was Ben. He looked completely amused.

"Lady Ellingcort," Donovan began, catching the side of the carriage. "Are you completely certain about all of this? You could live a life of complete luxury here, you don't need to go back to a farm."

"I intend to live an exceedingly happy life, Donovan. Let me be perfectly clear to you. I have not forgiven you, or anyone else in that household for looking the other way while all of that happened to me. For forcing me to stay when I tried to run. For allowing all the women he tortured in that way to be used as they were until they could no longer take it. You all knew how horribly wrong it was and yet you allowed it because he was a lord. There is no excuse. I will go far from here where I never have to see another face from this wretched city again."

Donovan's face had gone cold and he nodded curtly when I finished. "As it pleases you, my Lady, I understand. I will see your wishes carried out then. I do hope you find some peace now and the happiness you are searching for."

I turned away from him. "Driver, you may go," I called loudly.

Ben snapped the reins and trotted me out of the city and it took all I had not to climb up into the front next to him.

When he reined into an inn outside of the city, I was confused, but only for a moment as he hopped down and helped me out as well. "Lady wife," he grinned. "I have a few things here waiting."

He led me in and up to a room where he had a change of clothes for both of us. Nice, simple clothes. He took me back down and asked for the time, then told me to sit and eat with him as he grinned at me with that sparkle in his eye.

I knew what he had planned as soon as I saw the magistrate come in and look around the room searchingly.

"Here," Ben called, standing. I stood as well as Ben offered his hand and smiled as the magistrate performed a quick ceremony right there in the dining room. When Ben kissed me for the second time ever in reality, it was as perfect as I remembered.

He had horses for us stabled at the inn as well and I told the innkeeper he could have the horses and carriage out front. The man looked stunned as we left, both of us on horseback.

I never looked back, not once as Ben led me home.

Liz sobbed when she saw me, hugging me again and again and Slim grinned at me and hugged me, then clapped Ben on the back proudly.

The very next day, Ben and Slim started framing another small farmhouse nearby. I saw to the chickens and cows happily and every time Ben saw me, he called me 'Lady Wife' in his teasing way. He hadn't mentioned to his parents that we had married and I knew he was waiting until our house was finished. I was fine with it and it gladdened my heart that he knew I needed a little space first before he took me to his bed.

By the time they finished our little house, it was getting cold again and we still spent our days at his parents house and only our nights in our own house.

I was happy and Ben was happy and he was as amazing a lover as I knew he would be. Always gentle and loving, but very passionate.

By the time I had our first child, a little girl, my father arrived, rolling up in his wagon. I was a little cold as I hugged him, but warmed slightly as I introduced him to everyone and let him hold his granddaughter. When he brought me in the chest full of money, all I could do was stare at it. It was so much more than I ever imagined it would be and I had no idea what to do with it. I didn't want it. I was happy and content with what I had and I didn't want to spoil it with changing it, not at all. Things were too perfect.

"Take it back," I shrugged, closing the chest. "You use it. I don't care what for, but I don't want it. Give it to people in need or build the farm up. Get new equipment. Build. I don't care. I don't want it, it's tainted."

"Tainted? Kath... what happened to you there?"

"Do you really care? If you cared you wouldn't have handed me off to him. I will try and forgive you, but you were both so eager to hand me over to a Lord that you didn't stop to think why he would want a farm girl so far from the city where no one knew who he was or what he did with the girls he brought into the city. I have no wish to relive it. I am here and I am happy now, that's all I want."

"Kath," my father began pleadingly.

"No more. There is an extra bed with Slim and Liz in their home. You may stay as long as you like, but don't mention it again. Ben is taking care of me. He has always taken care of me. That is all you need to know."

My father looked sad, but he let it go. He left two days later, taking the chest with him. The next year, he returned with my mother, both of them dressed in fine clothes in a new carriage and I had a baby boy to show off as my daughter walked around on tottering legs. Every year they came and almost every year they met a new grandchild. My father joked that every time he came we had added on to our house so much that soom our house would just be merged with Slim and Liz's. We thought that a fine idea and saw to it the very next spring.

On the tenth year and 8 children later, Donovan showed up and I froze in place when I saw him, my heart almost stopping. He gave me a nod.