Katie Moves In Ch. 05

Story Info
Katie and I attend a family wedding.
4.4k words
4.54
11.1k
15

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/09/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Angel497
Angel497
256 Followers

My cousin Katie and I have been living happily together for a few months. Everything has been going very well since we confessed our feelings to each other. Katie has not only moved into my apartment but also my bedroom. We were living a loving and happy relationship.

We have told no one about our relationship, especially our families and have been very cautious when out and about. The few times that my parents visited or her parents visited we have been good to make it seem like we are nothing more than roommates sleeping in separate bedrooms.

One of the upcoming family events that Katie and I would have to navigate was our cousin's upcoming wedding. He was getting married at a location that would require us, almost the entire family, to travel. It wasn't a destination wedding but rather a few hours away. Too long to commute to and return in a single day.

Katie and I decided to get a room together. The "cover" would be that we live together - no big deal -, looking to save money - a reality- and keeping it simple. Almost all of that was plausible and when we presented that to our families it was accepted without a second thought.

Katie and I traveled by car together to the wedding, arriving the day before. We went to the hotel and checked in and made our way to our room. Once in the room and after depositing our bags on the extra bed, I grabbed Katie and pulled her to me.

"We have never been away before," I said to my cousin, my love.

"No we haven't," she concurred.

We kissed and embraced before we got to the task of unpacking and then we left the hotel to explore the town. As much as I wanted to hold her hand or embrace her or kiss her, put my arm around her, we both knew that at any point in time family could be nearby and caution was imperative.

Katie and I enjoyed a nice late day meal before heading back to the hotel. Tonight, the night before the wedding, the family was gathering in the hotel for food and drink, basically a pre-wedding party. It was a socialization where families could catch up, to see those that have not been seen in years and just have a good time.

Katie and I agreed that we would mingle separately among the family, keeping our distance from each other, portraying the illusion that we were nothing more than cousins and roommates. We both separately rubbed elbows with uncles, aunts, cousins and more. Carefully, we navigated the questions about how we were doing living with each other, putting up with each other and things like that. And I like to think that we were quite successful at answering the probing questions. We should be. We practiced answers to questions during the ride so that we were both on the same page. If Great Aunt Dottie was going to probe about our living arrangement we were ready.

A few drinks later and a lot of visiting with family, not to mention I was exhausted from driving all morning, I decided it was time for me to call it a night. As I was making my way to the hotel hallway I was able to catch the eye of Katie hoping that she was picking up on my leaving and returning to our room.

About thirty minutes later, after I undressed and slid under the covers of the bed, I heard the door to our room open and Katie arrived. She flopped down on the bed next to me. Like me, she made her rounds around the room talking to family we don't usually talk to. Katie confessed that she was also very exhausted.

We shared all the gossip and family stories we heard or overheard. Between the two of us we learned Aunt Grace fractured her hip, a cousin spent a few months in rehab, another cousin could not make it to the wedding due to being overseas for work and an uncle lost his job due to downsizing. The usual family stuff.

Katie laid next to me on the bed and I reached my arm over her to snuggle next to her. I felt so relaxed with her beside me. I think I started to drift off because my cousin nudged me, startling me awake. She needed to prepare for bed. All that stuff such as makeup removal, teeth brushing, etc... When she returned she slid under the covers and laid her head on my chest and an arm over me. I leaned in and gave her a kiss goodnight and I fell asleep.

The next morning, Katie and I arose to bright sunshine streaming into the room. One of us forgot to close the shades. It was the wedding day. There was a lot of getting ready to be had for the three o'clock wedding. But first there was breakfast to be had. The family of the bride was hosting a breakfast in the hotel restaurant area.

I grabbed a quick shower. For me, a morning shower is like a morning coffee. It wakes me up and makes me ready to attack the day. After the day before, the driving, the walking around town, drinking a few brews before bed, I needed a pick me up. Katie was good with throwing on some shorts, sandals and a t-shirt for the casual breakfast.

Being that it was morning, it was no big deal for Katie and I to head down together. We entered the restaurant and I gave a polite wave to everyone before making my way to the breakfast buffet.

Eggs? YES!

Bacon? The greatest food gift to man!

Ham? Yes, please.

Fruit? Do you have this in juice form?

I loaded up my plate. I knew it was going to be a long day and I would probably not eat again until the wedding dinner. I saw Great Aunt Dottie looking at my plate loaded with nearly everything the buffet had to offer with disapproval. I didn't care that I had a half of a pig and half of the future chicken population on my plate. And on a second plate some fruit. I'm not a complete animal.

I noticed that my cousin Katie found a spot to sit and eat over by her parents. I sat with some of the other guy cousins where we could eat our breakfast in peace - I wasn't the only one loaded up with breakfast meats - and had a good time catching up.

After breakfast I returned to our room and entered the bathroom to get ready. I needed to shave, fix my hair and dress in my best suit - who am I kidding? It was my only suit. I wore it to funerals and weddings. While I had a few hours to go before the wedding, I was ready and relaxing in the only chair in the room.

Katie had returned from breakfast and after giving me a quick kiss she hopped in the shower. I knew she had a lot of preparing to do. Shower, hair, makeup, etc... I was scrolling through my phone when I got a text from my father that the guys were meeting at the bar downstairs.

With the shower still running, I opened the door to the bathroom and was hit by a wall of steam through the opening. I called in to Katie. I could not see far into the steamy bathroom but I let her know that I was meeting up with the guys down at the bar before the wedding.

Katie pulled the shower curtain aside and I saw her poke her head out. Even soaking wet she looked like a marvelous beauty. I stepped into the bathroom towards her and kissed her. Lingering and loving. We told each other we loved each other and I left.

Guys getting together for drinks before a wedding is never a good thing. The groom, the groomsmen, all the men in the family, even the boys, were all gathered. There were drinks, beers, shots and for the young ones, Shirley Temples. Does anyone under 40 know who Shirley Temple is these days? I only know because my parents loved watching old movies. But I digress.

We were all feeling good when someone announced that it was time to get ourselves to the wedding. I headed to our room to get Katie. When I opened the door, my cousin was fastening the buckle on her open toed shoe. She stood and before me I saw the most beautiful woman ever.

Her white dress with red accents, her red high heel shoes, her perfectly done makeup and hair. I looked at her speechless and breathless. Perfection. She was perfect.

I felt like I stumbled over my words when I complimented her and told her how stunning and beautiful and pretty she looked. Katie blushed at all my compliments. Playfully, she asked how much I had to drink. I looked at this goddess, my goddess. I felt proud and lucky as I marveled at this beautiful woman. I could not get enough of her.

I walked up to her and pulled her towards me. I leaned in to kiss her and she put her hands on my chest to stop me, informing me that she just put on lipstick and didn't want to mess up her makeup.

As amazing as she looked, I wanted to strip her down and have my way with her. And it wasn't the alcohol talking. I was beyond smitten. I wanted to worship this stunning woman that stood before me. Kiss her from her open toed heels to the top of her perfectly sculpted hair.

I had to accept an "air" kiss from my cousin.

We stood before the full length mirror. Me in my suit and her in her magnificent dress. Her arm through mine. I stood there proudly with her on my arm. We looked perfect together. We looked meant to be. I looked through the mirror into Katie's eyes and she looked at me. I smiled at her and she smiled back half halfheartedly. I asked if she was okay and she assured me she was.

I asked Katie if she was ready to head down to the pre-wedding gathering area. She was ready and we walked down into the meeting area arm in arm. We were technically each other's "plus one". But once we got down with family we drifted apart, socializing with others.

I could not help it. I had half an eye on Katie as she circulated about the room. I tried not to linger at her legs in those heels, her dress that accentuated her body, her perfectly done makeup. I tried not to be obvious but I felt so lucky to have such a beautiful woman in my life.

We were seated for the wedding. Katie and I sat together. Again we were each other's "plus one." It was difficult for me not to reach for her hand during the ceremony. I fought every urge to take her hand, touch her, look at her lovingly.

The ceremony was beautiful. My cousin and his new wife had an amazing ceremony. They looked great, happy, and in love. I gave a half glance towards Katie and I could see a tear escaping her eye and down her cheek. Wow! She really gets emotional at weddings.

The bride and groom made their way down the aisle after the exchange of vows followed by the bridal party. The family and witnesses followed suit and we made our way to the cocktail hour at the hotel while the bridal party did their photos.

Katie and I separated again and mingled during the cocktail hour. I had a drink or two and filled up on different appetizers. The families were all waiting for the doors to open to the reception area.

During the cocktail hour I made my way to Katie and we stood together socializing. I planned it perfectly to where the photographer came by and took our picture together. I excused myself and went to the photographer and slipped him some money and my email for him to send me a copy of that picture. I'll surprise Kate sometime in the future with the picture in a nice frame.

Like every other wedding, it was time for the guests to take their places at their assigned tables. Katie sat with her family and I with mine. The bride's party and the groom's party entered with great fanfare followed by the bride and groom. We all clapped and cheered our cousin and his new wife as they made their way in the reception hall.

As the wedding and reception continued, there was the mother/son dance and the dad/daughter dance and then everyone dance. I danced that night with my mother and aunts and grandmother. I watched Katie dance with her father and other family members.

I had taken a dance break, having a drink at the bar with my father. I scanned the dance floor and room for my love and I could not find her. Ladies room? Buffet line? Where was Katie?

I became engrossed in socializing with the guys and lost track of time but later in the evening I saw Katie out on the dance floor dancing with some of the younger kids and cousins. She was barefooted now. Either her feet hurt or she was trying to be down on the younger kids level.

I walked towards her during a slow song and asked her to dance with me. Katie accepted and we went to the dance floor. Her hand in mine, her head against my chest, we swayed to the song the DJ played. I held her close. My love. My life.

As we dance together, my hand on her back and across the back of her shoulders, I can feel her start to cry and sob. There are plenty of people on the dance floor and I am able to lean down and lift the chin of my cousin. I ask her what is wrong and why is she crying?

There is more crying. I can feel Katie sob and feel the tears against my shirt. I pull her tighter against me. I want to hold her. Comfort her. I don't know what has her so upset but I try to comfort her.

Katie breaks our dance and basically storms off leaving me on the dance floor by myself. Confused, I returned to my table alone. I tried to socialize with my tablemates. After some time, I noticed that Katie had not returned. I excused myself from my table to find Katie.

I searched the obvious places, around the food, the bar and outside area. She was not found at any of those places. I went up to our room and walked in finding Katie curled up on the bed sobbing uncontrollably. Her make up was streaked with her tears.

I sat beside her on the bed. I rubbed her along her arm and hip. I asked her what was wrong and why she was not down at the wedding and she exploded into a full cry that I did not understand. It pained me and confused me. I was not sure how to comfort her.

Katie slightly composed herself. She was still dressed in her dress. I rubbed her back.

We had a pause, a silence between us, that seemed to linger as I rubbed her back. And finally she confessed what was upsetting her.

"We can't ever have this." And the flood works opened. She cried hard. Tears streamed from her eyes.

"We can't have a wedding. My dad will never walk me down the aisle. We can't have a wedding or get married." And then Katie exploded into a full blown tears, sobbing, crying episode.

I felt terrible for her. I felt for her. All I wanted to do was comfort her.

I rubbed her back. I stroked her hair.

Katie was full blown into hysterics. And while we never really talked about a future, hearing Katie talk about us in this way, talk about us, in a future way where we would be together, always, married, a wedding, her father, my uncle, walking her down the aisle.

I could understand it. I was now understanding why Katie was so upset this evening. Every little girl probably dreams of her daddy walking her down the aisle to her wedding. Does what my cousin and I have keep us from that?

I wanted to rescue her. Take her far away from here. Run away. Run to a different land. A different planet.

Her feelings were real. What she was feeling was hurting her and that in turn was hurting me. And all I wanted to do was protect her, heal her, make her better.

She wasn't wrong. We could not have this. A big wedding. Her dad walk her down the aisle. Friends and family gathered around as we proclaimed our love and commitment to each other.

I felt her pain. I felt her disappointment. I felt her broken heart because we could never have this. This big wedding among friends and family.

I held my cousin. I held her against me and sat there rocking with her head against my chest. My shirt was wet. I could feel her tears penetrate through the material. It didn't matter. I rested my chin against the top of her head.

I apologized to Katie. I apologized that we couldn't have a large wedding surrounded by family. I apologized that she was upset. I repeatedly told her how much I loved her. I did everything I could to console her.

We sat together on the bed and I just held her for a very long time. There was a knock on the door and I heard someone call out our names from the hallway. I kissed the top of Katie's head and released her from my embrace to see who was at the door. It was another one of my cousins. I called out through the door to see what they wanted.

According to them, people noticed that Katie and I were missing from the reception and were wondering what happened to us. Katie had slipped into the bathroom and closed the door and I cracked the room door to the hallway open so that we did not have to converse through a closed door. My cousin joked about us having sex.

Laughing at the absurd comment, I explained that Katie must have had something at the reception that did not agree with her and she was feeling sick. I then went on to explain that I too noticed that Katie was not at the reception and went to look for her and found her here in the room getting sick and I didn't want to leave her alone.

My cousin accepted this and returned to the reception. I am sure that whatever aunt or uncle that sent them up will be promptly informed.

I closed the door and came back into the room. I sat on the chair that we had in the room and waited for Katie to come out of the bathroom. When she came back out, her make up was redone and hair fixed. She asked me what I told my nosy cousin and I explained that it must have been something she ate. Katie gave a slight chuckle before suggesting that we needed to return to the reception before people start thinking we are having sex up here. I told her that our cousin already suggested that was the case.

I stood to escort Katie back down to the reception when she saw my shirt. Pointing out that she ruined it and that I needed to change to another shirt, which I did not have because I did not plan on ruining this one. Katie had me remove the shirt with the cover story that she ruined it as I was helping her through her getting sick.

I asked Katie if she was okay and she assured me that she was for now. She got her cry out and was feeling better and will get through the evening. The rest of the reception went well enough. I fielded questions about what happened to my shirt and how Katie was feeling. I got a thanks from Katie's mother for taking care of her.

After the reception, the gathering died down and broke up. I noticed Katie slip out first, to the room. I said some final good nights to the remaining family before making my way to the room myself.

I entered the room and Katie was in the bathroom, out of her dress and in just her bra and panties. She was working on removing her makeup. I stood in the bathroom doorway admiring her beautiful body. Katie looked up from what she was doing and apologized to me for being such a baby.

I walked to her and took her hands in mine and looked down at her. Firmly, I told her that she had valid concerns and she should not have to feel sorry for expressing them. I continued to tell her that she should never feel sorry for how she feels. She smiled at me before shooing me back into the room so she could finish up.

I undressed down to my boxers and climbed into bed. A short time later Katie came dressed in a T shirt and climbed into bed with me. She rolled against me and draped her leg over my hips. I reached under her and pulled her on top of me and leaned up to kiss her.

Katie again apologized to me because this was not how she wanted the day and night to go. She was planning a hot and sexy night. She brought some items to surprise me and now she just didn't feel right and would have to surprise me later.

I groaned in disappointment, jokingly, and placed my hands on either side of her beautiful face. I kissed her deeply and lovingly. I enjoyed having her body on top of mine. I moved my hands down to her back. I stroked her back and noticed no bra. This was not unusual as she often slept without it. As my hand trailed down her back I noticed no panties.

We continued to kiss and my hands slid up her shirt, exposing her bare bum to my hands. I rubbed over both smooth and warm cheeks which elicited a soft and happy sigh from her. I felt Katie's hands on my shoulders and pulled her body up higher on mine and draped her legs on either side of my body.

Angel497
Angel497
256 Followers
12