Katie's Quest Ch. 10

Story Info
At long last, Katie finally makes her move.
12.8k words
4.78
4.2k
14

Part 10 of the 16 part series

Updated 04/12/2024
Created 06/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Katie spent longer in the shower than was probably necessary. It wasn't just a matter of getting herself clean, it was a matter of reasserting her self-control and regaining her focus. Spending so much time with Kieran, knowing what lay ahead for both of them, brought Katie's desire for him to a white-hot burn. She wanted him with an intensity unlike anything she'd ever felt before, and it was all she could do to keep from jumping his bones the moment they were alone in their room together. She was proud of herself for maintaining her composure, but Katie also knew everyone had their limits and she was no exception.

I want to touch him, she thought, as jets of hot water sprayed over her naked body. I want to touch him, and I want him to touch me and kiss me and hold me and--

Frustration boiled over and she slapped the wall of the shower helplessly. I never thought taking it slow would be so hard. Every time he's near me I want to leap on top of him. Every time he smiles, every time he laughs, I feel my pussy get soaking wet. Good thing I brought lots of spare panties!

She took a deep, shuddering breath and tried to gather herself. It's okay, Katie. You can do this. You just have to hold out a little longer, okay? Just let him get comfortable, let things settle now that you've arrived, and make your move as soon as the moment feels right. Don't rush, though. Don't show your hand too early. A girl loses her virginity only once. Your first time should be as special and magical as possible.

Katie reached for one of the many scented body washes the hotel provided and began lathering herself, making sure she was both clean and fragrant.

I'll take him out to a nice dinner, she thought. Her rampaging libido calmed somewhat as she focused on planning her next move. Somewhere nice but not too formal. If things go well, if the vibe is really positive and if Kieran's not too tired, I'll go for it when we get back.

Her hand slipped between her legs and she bit her lip to keep quiet, strumming her clit like a skilled guitarist. Katie knew her body well enough to bring herself to orgasm very quickly, but even then it felt hollow, a pale imitation. It was like settling for a cheap beer instead of an expensive, rare wine. Still, it was better than nothing and at least it helped her let off some steam. As she toyed with herself, Katie wondered how many time she'd be able to make Kieran cum when they went to bed together, and how many loads he'd blast into her willing, fertile body before he ran out of endurance.

She turned the water off and stepped out, steam curling seductively around her naked form. Katie made sure to dry her hair carefully and dress in a clean set of clothes--a simple T-shirt and blue jeans this time, rather than the more stylish ensemble she'd worn on the plane. I love that outfit, but I want to wear something a little more comfortable.

She emerged from the bathroom just as Kieran was returning, his arms laden with snacks. Katie's stomach growled hungrily as he laid bags of junk food onto a nearby table.

Kieran gestured at it a bit sheepishly. "I wasn't sure which kind you'd want, regular or spicy or spicy with lime," he explained. "So I got all three just to be safe."

Katie's heart did a barrel roll in her chest. It was such a small thing, but the gesture meant a lot and it showed in a nutshell the kind of person Kieran was. How very like her quiet, shy friend to do something like this in order to make sure he got exactly what she wanted. He's going to make some lucky girl very, very happy.

And yet, for reasons she couldn't articulate, Katie found the idea of Kieran getting some other girl Cheetos, or holding some other girl in his arms, distinctly unpleasant. So unpleasant, in fact, that she couldn't contemplate it for more than a few seconds. This was most unexpected, and it even rattled her confidence a little before she managed to reassert it.

The tiniest hint of uncertainty began to creep in. Katie tried to banish it by directing her attention elsewhere. It worked...mostly.

"Thank you," she said, taking the little plastic bags from him. She tore open one of them and began wolfing down its contents in a most un-ladylike manner.

Kieran watched with clear amusement. "Pretty good, isn't it?"

"Oh, God," Katie moaned, closing her eyes in sheer bliss. "Yes. Junk food always tastes the best when you haven't had it in forever."

"So..." he cleared his throat a little awkwardly. "What do you want to do?"

Katie tapped her chin, which was now smeared with greasy orange powder. "Hmm...Well, if you're not too tired, I'd kind of like to go see an aquarium. Orlando's supposed to have a good one. Then maybe we could go get something to eat. We can go to Disney tomorrow. It's better to have the whole day to spend there."

"Sounds like a plan." Excitement crept into his Kieran's voice. "Never been to one of those before, either. An aquarium, I mean."

Sympathy for him welled up inside her. Katie got up, wiped her hands and mouth on a nearby napkin, and drew him in for a tight hug. He inhaled sharply, but Katie ignored it. She pulled him so close she could hear his thundering heart beneath the material of his shirt. As she listened to it, she marveled at how different his body was so completely different from hers--lean and firm and strong.

Slowly, cautiously, as though she were a rare and exotic animal he didn't want to scare off, Kieran returned the gesture. Katie nearly saw stars as she felt his strong arms wrapping around her. It felt so natural, being with him like this. It felt as though a piece of her she'd never even known was missing was suddenly rediscovered. It felt right in a way so fundamental it was impossible to describe.

"I've missed out on a lot, huh?" he mumbled.

"Not anymore," Katie assured him softly. "You've got me now." Her own heart was pounding too. Something crackled between them, something elemental and terrifying and wonderful.

She felt it, and she knew he felt it too. It was a good omen.

The close embrace lasted a few seconds longer than was probably appropriate for two people who were "just friends.′ Katie broke it only with extreme reluctance. When she pulled away, Kieran's face was beet-red, but he didn't seem too embarrassed or uncomfortable. Another good sign. He's come a long way.

"Let's be off then, yeah?" she said, taking a step back from him. If we don't get somewhere public soon, I might not be able to control myself. "The valet will bring the car around."

"I still can't believe you rented a Porsche."

"Believe it!" Katie said with a wink. "Was driving it everything you thought it'd be?"

"Everything and more," Kieran assured her. "It's like piloting a small spaceship or something. And the ride is so smooth!"

"Did you ever work on one in your auto shop?"

He shook his head as they headed to the elevator. "Never had the pleasure, unfortunately. I would've loved to crack one open and see what it looks like under the hood."

"Well, I can ask my dad to take in his Ferrari the next time it needs any work done. It's not the same thing, but it might be just as fun!"

Kieran perked up. The idea of working on the mayor's car was more than a little intimidating, but he also knew what a potential boon it could be. A good review from Katie's father would bring in waves of new customers. "That'd be awesome! You really think he will?"

"If I ask him to, yeah! I'll be sure to give your place a lot of good press when we get back--if nothing else, he'll go just to make me happy." The elevator doors opened into the lobby, and the receptionist was instantly alert. "Will you be needing your car?"

"Yes, please." Katie said.

"Of course, ma'am. I'll have the valet bring it around right away."

Moments later, the two youngsters were clambering into the silver convertible with the warm Florida sun shining down on them. Katie hooked her phone up to the car's navigation system and typed in the aquarium's address, and off they went.

Kieran looked, and was, happier than he'd been in years. He was grinning from ear to ear as he drove--something he'd been doing a good deal more since Katie waltzed into his life. For the first time in years, he didn't have to worry about work or school or being covered in oil and engine grease at the end of the day. Katie was absolutely right, he thought. i

They kept up the relaxed, easy conversation the whole way to the aquarium. Kieran's skin still felt tingly from the hug she'd given him earlier, and his cock--though he did his best to hide it--was as hard as a rod of iron. Getting close to her like that, being touched by her like that, was more intense every time. And every time, the temptation to go further and touch her more grew stronger.

If I tried to do something like that, how would she react? There was no denying it anymore. Something was growing between them. She feels it too, or at least I think she does. But what if I'm wrong? The idea of ruining their friendship that way was intolerable. Kieran was hardly an expert on this sort of thing, but even he knew that there was no going back from that. Once you tried to turn a friendship into more, there was no un-crossing that Rubicon.

Such thoughts threatened to dampen his mood, so with an effort he pushed them away and focused on driving instead.

The Orlando Aquarium was a large, bright blue building with murals of sea life painted across its exterior walls. Kieran was able to find a parking space close to the entrance and he made sure to hold the door open for Katie as she got out of the vehicle. The gesture earned him one of her dazzling smiles.

"Always the gentleman," she purred. "You know, you don't have to do that every time."

"I know," Kieran replied. "I do it because I want to."

Something sparked briefly to life in Katie's bright blue eyes for the briefest moment, a flicker of heat like the blue flame of a torch being turned on and off. "I know exactly what you mean," she said.

"How so?"

She avoided the question and answered with one of her own. "Let's go on in, shall we? I'll cover the tickets."

Kieran frowned. "It's okay, I can pay for mine."

"If that's what you want," Katie shrugged.

"It is."

She quirked an eyebrow with dry amusement. "Is this one of those 'guy things' I've heard so much about?"

"Yes."

A giggle escaped her. "Well, at least you're not trying to sugar-coat it."

They paid for their tickets and walked inside, though Katie made sure to get a brochure with a map of the aquarium on the way in. Kieran was glad of it, because the place was huge. A life-size mockup of a great white shark hung suspended from the ceiling, while dotted around were other things of interest: shark teeth laid out in net rows in clear glass boxes, huge cylindrical water tanks teeming with brightly-colored schools of fish, even a pair of massive jaws that could only have come from a shark of colossal size.

Kieran's interest was immediately piqued. "What the hell is that?" he asked, pointing at it.

"Those are the fossilized jaws of a creature called Otodus megalodon," said Katie. "The largest known shark in the fossil record. Possibly the largest ever to have existed."

"How large are we talking about?"

"Forty to sixty feet. Longer than a school bus. It preyed on whales."

"...Holy shit."

"That's probably what the whales thought, too," Katie said drily.

Kieran's expression turned thoughtful. "We humans got pretty lucky when you think about it--by the time we showed up, a lot of the really scary stuff was already extinct."

"Oh, we still had our struggles," she assured him. "Sabertooth tigers, dire wolves, short-faced bears..."

"Short-faced what now?"

"Short-faced bears. Think of an 11-foot-tall grizzly with anger management issues."

Kieran chuckled. "I love how you're able to describe it in a way that's both funny and terrifying at the time."

She winked at him. "It's a gift." But nothing compared to the gift you are going to give me, Kieran. A gift I'll never stop being grateful for. "Speaking of sharks, though, let's go see some live ones."

"You read my mind," said Kieran. Katie looped her arm through his as they walked and he faltered slightly, but soon recovered. It was another excellent sign, and Katie felt a nervous, excited flutter in her stomach. Compared to when I first met him, Kieran's really coming out of his shell.

The shark exhibit was quite large, consisting a massive tank running across the entire wall. Behind it, dozens of sharks circled and swam with lethal, predatory grace. A small visual guide nearby listed the different species contained within the exhibit, but Kieran was too preoccupied to use it. Katie watched with amusement as he stood there in awe. "This is awesome," he breathed. "Look at them all! Look at that one there with all those teeth!"

Katie saw the one he was pointing to and nodded. "A sand tiger shark. Very fearsome-looking," she agreed. "There's some kind of hammerhead over there on the left, too. See it there?"

"I see it," he said. The excitement in his voice was almost palpable. He seemed to realize it too, because he winced a little. "Man, I'm really showing how much I don't get out, huh?"

"Pfffft." Katie brushed his self-deprecation aside. "Don't even think like that. You're fine, Kieran. I'm really enjoying this too!"

"When was the last time you went to an aquarium?" he asked.

"Two years ago, for my sixteenth birthday." Then she had an idea. "Mind if I take a selfie of us? The sharks would be an awesome background."

Kieran seemed a bit flustered but went along with it. "Sure, okay. You'll have to do it, though--I'm awful at taking those."

"Fine by me. Now c'mere." She put an arm around his waist and pulled him close, holding the phone out with an ease borne of practice. "Say cheese!"

"Uh--"

Katie didn't wait for him to finish. She fired off several shots in quick succession, then pulled up her photo gallery to see them. Not bad. Not the best I've taken, but not bad either.

Kieran was much more impressed. "Those look great! Can you send me one too?"

"Absolutely!" She did so, and his phone dinged a moment later. "There you are, one for each of us. Can we keep going now, please? I'd love to see the jellyfish next."

"Ugh." Kieran made a face. "Those things creep me out."

"Why? Jellyfish are cool! The way they just float along, bobbing gracefully...it's beautiful!"

"And it's even more beautiful when they stay the hell away," Kieran retorted. "I hope the beach doesn't have one when we go." He glanced at her as they resumed walking. "We're still going to the beach while we're here, right?"

"You know it!" Katie chirped. She took his hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze. "We'll have to go to at least a couple. We've got three whole weeks to spend here so we've got lots of time! I've got this brand new swimsuit too. I'm really excited to wear it!"

Kieran blushed a little, to her satisfaction. If you think I'll look good in a swimsuit, wait till you see me in nothing at all, she purred. Tonight is the night. I can feel it. We're going to go to bed together, and then we'll keep doing it every day as much as we can for the rest of the trip. The thought of having so much sex with Kieran made her loins ache with delicious anticipation. My journey to motherhood begins at nightfall. After all these years, after all this work, I'm finally going to be a mom!

Passion threatened to overwhelm her, and she forced herself to take a mental step back. Her hands curled into fists, unclenched, curled again. Breathe, Katie. Just breathe. You're almost there. Just a little longer.

The jellyfish exhibit was very dimly lit, the better to see the creatures housed within. More than a few of them seemed to give off their own luminescence as they pulsed and bobbed gracefully in the water.

"Awww!" Katie said, pointing at one of them. "Look at that one, Kieran! See how little and round it is, how tiny its little legs are? So cute!"

Kieran grunted noncommittally. "Yeah, I guess."

"Oh, come on. You don't find them interesting at all?" She gave him a skeptical look. "I doubt that."

Kieran sighed. "Okay, they are a little cool, in a bizarre, otherworldly sort of way."

"Now was that so hard to admit?"

"Yes," came the deadpan response.

Katie rolled her eyes, but the smile on her face made it clear she did so only in jest. "Men."

Kieran placed a hand over his heart in mock outrage. "That cuts me deep, Katie. Right to the heart."

She laughed, and he laughed with her, and the sound of their mirth blended together was wonderful to Katie's ears.

In the end, they spent nearly three thoroughly fun and enjoyable hours at the aquarium before their growling stomachs forced them to leave in search of somewhere to eat. Katie, as ever, already had a place in mind.

"The Cheesecake Factory?" Kieran asked as they got back into the Porsche. "Never been there."

"Oh, you'll love it," Katie assured him. "It's one of my favorites."

"I hope cheesecake isn't all they serve." He made a face. "I don't like cheesecake very much, honestly."

"I'll do my best not to hold it against you," she assured him with faux seriousness. "Trust me, Kieran, you'll really like it. The menu is huge. You trust me, don't you?"

"Yes." The reply was swift and firm. "I do."

"And I trust you," affirmed Katie, placing a gentle hand on his bicep while he drove. I wouldn't want you if I didn't.

The restaurant wasn't far, but the drive was still very pleasant. Everything seemed pleasant when Kieran was around to share it, Katie reflected.

Someone else might have read a deeper meaning into that. Someone else might have wondered why, precisely, that was the case. Someone else might have engaged in a moment of reflection and wondered if, perhaps, her own feelings were growing deeper than originally anticipated.

Katie Petersen was not someone else. She was a woman on a mission, and now, so close to that mission's completion, she wasn't in a very reflective state of mind. Her mind was preoccupied instead with all the things she wanted to do to and with him, and vice versa, once they got back to the hotel. It took an effort for her to concentrate when Kieran pulled into the restaurant's parking lot.

He, ever the chivalrous one, held the door open for her when she got out of the car, and again when they walked inside the eatery. Kieran's first impression of the place was that it looked rather classy. He paused, glancing at some of the cakes on display in a big glass case near the doors. "This place does takeout, huh?"

Katie nodded. "Yeah. You can order a cake, come in, and pick it up over there. My dad gets one every year for my birthday."

"They look delicious," admitted Kieran. "I know I said I didn't like cheesecake, but...damn. Look at that one there, it's got so many strawberries on top you can barely even see the cake beneath it!"

"Yup! Neat, huh?" Katie turned to the hostess, who smiled at her--and smiled even more at Kieran, her eyes flickering up and down as she subtly checked him out. The girl was only a few years older than Katie herself and quite cute. Kieran, thankfully, seemed oblivious to the scrutiny.

Katie wasn't, and she bristled at the nerve of this girl looking at Kieran that way. She moved a little closer to the podium where the hostess was standing, making sure the other woman's attention was on her rather than her friend, and gave her a look that could have melted a hole in the armor of a battleship. The message, though unspoken, was clear.

This one is mine. Back off.

How and when and why she'd come to think of him that way...never even crossed Katie's mind.

The hostess swallowed, her smile faltering. "T-table for two, ma'am?"

"Yes, please." Katie treated her to a winning smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "That'd be awesome."