Kevin

Story Info
After four years, Kevin gives me peace.
7.9k words
4.79
15k
30
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My wife died from breast cancer about 18 months ago. I spent a year grieving the loss, but then decided I had to pick myself up and move forward. Everywhere I looked I saw her. The house and most of the furniture was sold. It's not that I didn't want to remember her, it's that everything I looked at reminded me of her and it didn't help me move forward. In fact, I found it kept me from moving on from grief.

Before the house sold, I bought a smaller place and started remodeling. I hired an architect and a general contractor to make sure it all got done on time and to plan. Then decided it was time to see the country by driving across it. I was going to see and experience as much as I could and take it state by state. I even started a website to record and share my impressions of the USA. I had no idea that thousands of folks would begin to follow my journey.

Anyway, I started by travelling from Southern California through the southern route across country since it was Spring. Arizona and the Grand Canyon. The immensity we know as Texas. The jazz of New Orleans. The civil rights history of Mississippi. Plantation life in Louisiana and Georgia where I swear, I could feel the pain of slaves. I tried to see everything and get a sense of our history.

Then, I made it up to Virginia, where a surprise was waiting for me as I saw the memorials and mountains. I had just about run out of razors and shaving cream, which made it necessary for me to stop at one of the big box stores. When I walked in, I was amazed at the size of the store and felt lost. Then I saw someone kneeling on the floor fixing a display. I must has just stood there for a minute just watching them. Their hair was beautiful and their movements were so graceful. I hadn't seen their face, yet, when I walked up to them.

"Excuse me, I know this sounds like some sort of a line, but your hair is so beautiful." As I started to speak, the person turned to look at me and smiled. The features were soft, but I was sure I was speaking to a guy - but it still didn't change the fact that he had the most beautiful hair I had ever seen. It was a soft, shimmering mixture of brown and gold.

"Thank you," was his soft reply. "You just made my day and maybe my week." The smile he gave me was a million watts! I swear I could feel heat coming from his smile and it took me by surprise. "Can I help you with anything, or do you just enjoy giving strangers compliments?" Again, there was that smile.

"Well, I'm looking for razors and shaving cream and I need a place to get dinner. Maybe a sandwich pace. Any recommendations?"

"I can help you with both." He began to get up and I just automatically extended my hand to help him. No clue why, it just seemed to be the thing to do. And, he took it! His hand was warm, soft and a bit smaller than mine - it just seemed to fit in my hand so well. As he stood, I saw his name badge said, "Kevin."

"Lead on, Kevin," I said with a smile. He looked shocked for a minute that I would know his name and then touched his name badge with a smile. He turned and started walking in front of me to lead me to the razors and shaving cream. And, what a walk Kevin had! He moved so gracefully and his hips moved in a natural sway side to side. I hadn't looked at or thought about a person...had not been attracted to another person like this in years. Yes, I had been married, but I hadn't looked at anyone like this in a very long time. My wife had been perfect for me. But here was Kevin...a guy! And I was really watching him. Then, he looked over his shoulder and smiled at me. Busted! I shrugged and smiled back.

We got to the razors and shaving cream. I quickly found what I wanted while Kevin waited.

"Thank you for your help, Kevin. Now, about a sandwich place? Have any ideas?"

"I do. Walk to the right as you exit the store. About 100 yards down you will see The Hut. Good sandwiches and salads."

"Thanks, again. By the way, I'm Phil." I held out my hand which he took and after a moment during which we more held hands than shook hands, I turned and left to make my purchases. Then, going right as I left the store, I found The Hut. I ordered, found a place to sit and waited for my food to be brought out. As I looked around, I saw the place was busy which was a good sign to me. I was hopeful about the food.

As my food was delivered, Kevin walked in. I caught his eye and waved him over after he ordered. As he approached the table he smiled and thanked me for sharing my table.

"I'm just surprised and pleased to see you again," I said.

"You do know it's all part of my Master Plan, don't you," Kevin replied with a smile.

"Master Plan? Me? How could you have a Master Plan? We just met."

"You felt it, though. I know you felt it. And, I did catch you looking." Kevin smiled as he said this, which softened what he said.

"I felt something, it's true. But I've never been attracted to a guy...ever. I was married to a woman..." and as I said that my voice cracked and a tear ran down my cheek.

Kevin's hand came out to hold mine for a moment, and in that brief touch I felt a weight lifted. To this day, I am not sure what he did or how he did it. Or, it might have just been human contact, which I had not had since my wife's funeral. But there was something in his touch...some power or warmth that I had never experienced.

"Tell me about it," he simply said.

Looking into his eyes, I did just that over the next 20 minutes. I opened up to him as I had never done to another person - not even my best friend. His face told me he felt the pain...the loneliness...the feeling of being lost...of missing the connection with another human. He understood. Then he glanced at his watch.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to get back. I wish I had more time."

"Maybe we could get coffee after you get off work," I suggested.

"I get off kind of late, but I will be at Virginia Coffee at 10:30. I think I'd like it if you were there, too," he said after pausing a few moments.

"I'll see you then." Both of us were smiling, but I have to tell you Kevin's smile was just breathtaking again.

10:25 found me at Virginia Coffee. I wanted to make sure I was waiting for him. Right at 10:30 he walked in, saw me and smiled. After getting an herbal tea, he joined me. For some reason I thought it right for me to stand, like I would for a woman, as he approached the table.

After he was seated and he told me about the rest of his shift, he looked at me carefully and then asked,

"So, from what you told me at dinner, Phil, you have not had real contact with anyone...intimacy with anyone...for at least 18 months."

"More like four years when you include the time my wife was ill."

Kevin just nodded in understanding.

"Tell me about yourself, Kevin, if you will," I asked.

"Where to begin," he said softly as if to himself.

"Either at the beginning," I said smiling, "or with the most important."

He sat silently sipping his tea for a moment as if he was reaching a decision.

"You can skip the part where you tell me you're lovely, if that's the right word? I can see that for myself, Kevin."

Kevin blushed and then smiled softly as he appeared to make up his mind about something.

"Well, Phil," he began as he looked into my eyes, "I'm gay. I've known to since I was about 11 or 12. And, let me tell you, even though they say Virginia is for lovers they really mean for hetero lovers. Junior high and high school were...well, interesting...brutal. You know how kids can be."

I just nodded my head and took his hand. I didn't know what else I could do or say.

"And, I'm not just gay, I love to be pretty." As he said that, he took out his phone and showed me a picture of a very pretty girl. I knew it was him because of the hair color. But I took a long look at the picture of a girl, a woman really, in heels, a short skirt and simple blouse.

"You aren't just pretty; you're gorgeous. And, Kevin, you're brave and courageous."

"You really think I'm gorgeous?"

I took another look at the picture and then looked at him softly saying, "You look like an angel to me."

Kevin beamed and then showed me another picture of him in a short sundress and heels with his hair pulled back into a ponytail. Then another of him as a school girl with his hair in pigtails.

"Yep. There's no doubt about it," I told him.

Kevin was beaming and then got very serious.

"When I graduated from high school, I decided I needed to tell my parents I was gay. They didn't take it well. In fact, my Dad hit me and then threw me out. I'm 25 years old, and my parents and I have not talked in seven years. I have managed to get my college degree and am looking for a better job now.

"What's your degree in," I asked.

"Marketing with an emphasis on social media."

"Hmmmm. Let me think about that," I told him.

The barista called out they were closing. I looked around the place and Kevin and I were the only ones there. When did that happen? Had we been so deeply in our own world that we didn't notice the passing of time?

"Let me walk you out to your car," I said to Kevin. "I'd really like to. Or, maybe this is a magical time that I don't want to end."

We got up and started walking out to Kevin's car. As we got there, and he opened the door, Kevin turned to me and asked in a very soft voice, "Can I get a hug?"

I smiled and nodded as I opened my arms. He slipped into them and my arms went around his body. Holding him close. He fit so well against me and I began to feel things I had not felt in years like desire. I felt like I could almost hear him smile.

"Somebody is happy to hug me," Kevin whispered. I just nodded as I became more aroused. He moved his hips against me and I could feel his arousal...his cock bulge rubbing on mine. Both of us moaned softly. Taking a deep breath, I slowly released him from our hug.

"We just met. I wanted to see the new Marvel movie. Would you like to go with me? I think it's playing about 30 minutes away."

Kevin just smiled and nodded.

"When do you have a day off," I asked him.

"Friday and Saturday."

"Well, then how about a late showing on Friday? That way we won't wreck your sleeping schedule - if you have one."

Kevin just nodded and we agreed that I would text him the times so he could choose the best one. Once I got his number, he got in his old car and drove off slowly. I gave him a final wave and walked back to my vehicle.

Chapter 2

I checked on the times as I told Kevin I would and sent them to him thanking him for his time at dinner and coffee. He responded immediately with his choice of the 10:00 showing and to tell me he enjoyed our time together, too.

I got on the Internet and purchased tickets as well as selected our seats. The theater didn't look that busy, but who knows once show time hits. I texted him that I had the tickets and would pick him up at 8:00 which would give us time for a casual dinner. His response made me smile.

Is this a date? Seems like a date. Dinner and a movie. Kind of nice. I will be ready at 8:00 and my address is...

Sure, seems like a date to me. Smiling. Looking forward to seeing you again. Was my reply to which I got a smiley face.

During the next day, I got my car, really a Toyota 4Runner SUV, washed and looking presentable. I decided what I would wear. Yeah, I know it shouldn't be that big a deal, but this was my first date in years...and it was with a guy...so strange when I think about it, but so nice when I think of Kevin. Go figure, right?

At 8:00 I was knocking at Kevin's door with a bag in my hand. He opened the door smiling and as he opened the door, I pulled a bouquet of mostly yellow flowers out of the bag, which made him smile and cry at the same time.

"Nobody has ever given me flowers," he said softly.

"Well, in that case, you probably don't have a vase," I smiled as I pulled one out of the bag which was now empty. He began to tremble slightly as he looked at the flowers, the vase and at me. He pulled me into his small apartment and hugged me when the door closed melting into me as my arms went around him. I couldn't help noticing he smelled great.

"Nobody has ever done this for me - ever," he almost whispered. After a moment he softly kissed my cheek and then broke away from me to put the flowers in water. I noticed his walk and it seemed like he was giving his hips a little extra sway, which I admit I liked seeing.

"I'm ready," he announced with a smile when he returned. "I hope I look okay." Kevin was wearing khakis that fit him very well and a pull over shirt with a sweater.

"You look great. Perfect."

We went to my Toyota and I opened the door for him like I would for any date hoping I was doing the right thing. His smile as he got in told me I did.

When I got in and started the vehicle, I put in an address of a casual upscale restaurant near the theaters and we started on our way.

"Kevin," I started as we were driving, "I have never been out with another guy like this..."

"Never," he interrupted and asked.

"Never," I emphasized, "so if I don't do something or do too much, you will have to tell me. Otherwise I am going to open doors and generally treat you like a female. It's what I am comfortable doing. Is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely, but you don't have to."

"Yeah, I do. At least in my mind I do." I glanced over at him sitting in the passenger seat and saw he had a huge smile.

"I guess that's okay with you," I said as I smiled.

Then we began chatting and talking. And, we laughed. Hearing his laugh was like hearing music to me. As we drove, I put him in charge of music and he put on some easy piano music softly playing in the background as we continued to talk.

The drive was easy and the company was great. I couldn't remember having such a good time in years. And, it seemed like Kevin was enjoying it, too.

Thirty minutes later I pulled into a parking space at the restaurant. As I turned the engine off, Kevin started to reach for the door handle. I stopped him.

"That's my job, if you don't mind," I reminded him. "I can see that I am going to have to train you," smiling as I said it.

I got out and then opened his door offering my hand for assistance, which Kevin took. Again, I was impressed with how well it fit in my hand and how soft and warm it was. When he removed his hand, I didn't want to let it go. When we got to the front doors, I opened one and let him go in first. We were seated immediately in a booth facing one another and handed menus.

We had a very pleasant dinner together continuing to talk and laugh. We talked about favorite places, vacations we each wanted to take, and Kevin's hopes for the future. We just talked like two friends.

Dinner was complete; we went to the theater. There wasn't a wait and I was glad that Kevin liked our seats. High enough without being too high and on an aisle. We settled in as the previews began. My hand just naturally went to his thigh, and once I realized what I was doing, I removed it quickly. I leaned over and whispered,

"I'm sorry. Not sure what I should do, but it just seemed so natural to me."

"I liked it," and after saying that, he took my hand and put it on his thigh but it was a bit higher than I had my hand. I gave his thigh a squeeze and left it there. As the movie began, my fingers moved on his thigh feeling his leg. They weren't caresses, just random movements of my fingers which went into his inner thigh. As he opened his legs a bit, I stopped. What was I doing? Kevin is a guy! But I liked him - it was the first time I had felt alive in over two years. But I didn't want him thinking I expected anything later - I didn't.

I began to move my hand away, and he took his hand and held my hand on his thigh, my fingers on his inner thigh and closed his legs so I couldn't take it away. It was warm between his thighs. I didn't know how high my fingers were until I could feel his balls against my little finger. Yes, his pants fit him VERY well. My breath caught and I began to get hard!

I moved my little finger against his balls slowly, but firmly. I didn't care if Kevin was a guy, He aroused me. I felt him lean over toward me and heard his soft moan in my ear. Yeah, he liked it, too. Then his hand was in my lap slowly and gently caressing my growing bulge, just his touch was making the theater spin! Deep breath. Deep breath.

"Somebody likes me," Kevin whispered in my ear and I just nodded as my hand moved from his thigh to gently rubbing his bulge, which was smaller than mine. I leaned over and whispered into his ear,

"Kevin, I never...uh...never did anything with a guy. Not sure what to do, but why don't we enjoy the movie? I don't want you to think that I asked you out to get in your pants."

His response was a soft kiss to my cheek and we both removed our hands. But he remained leaning against me, almost cuddling with me, for the remainder of the movie. The movie ended, we got up and went back to my vehicle where I opened the door for him. Once he was in, I leaned in, brought my lips to his and kissed him gently. Again, I didn't see him as a guy, but as a date I was having a wonderful time with. His response was a smile.

I got in and started the vehicle. All the way back we held hands. The truth is that I was happier than I had been in years and Kevin seemed to be pleased, too. As we neared his place, I asked him if we could spend the next day together.

"I want to see Abingdon and Washington's Birthplace Monument. Would you go with me?"

"A second date? Are you sure you can handle it," Kevin teased.

"Pretty sure. And, it's number three, but who's counting?"

"I'd love to go with you," Kevin responded.

"Uh...if you bring a change of clothes, you can shower in my room if you want before we go to dinner...if you want."

"I will keep that in mind," he responded as he laughed softly.

"Pick you up at 9:00 in the morning?"

"That sounds perfect."

Both of us were smiling; beaming at the thought of spending more time together.

"Wear comfy shoes and clothes. We will be doing a lot of walking, I think."

"Will do."

I arrived at his apartment about then and walked him to his door where we hugged and exchanged a good night kiss. A deep good night kiss during which our tongues became entwined. Both of us became aroused and moved our hips against one another. A new but great feeling for me.

"Would you like to come in?"

"I don't think so. 9:00 comes pretty early."

I drove to my hotel a very happy person wondering what changes the next day would bring.

Chapter Three

I got up the next morning still smiling knowing I was going to be spending the day with Kevin. Yes, I knew it was another guy who was giving me so much pleasure in just being with him, but I didn't care and I didn't care about labels. The truth was that Kevin made me smile and he was one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen - inside and out.

Arriving at Kevin's place right at 9:00, I knocked on the door. It wasn't three seconds later that he had it open and I saw his smile. Then I saw what he had on. It crossed my mind briefly to just throw him down on his bed and make love to him...okay, fuck him senseless. But after taking a deep breath I just told him how great he looked. He had on a pair of shorts that weren't too short, a V-neck t-shirt and a ball cap with his ponytail sticking out. All-in-all he looked delicious. We shared a hug before he picked up a small bag and left. I took the bag from him as we walked to my vehicle.

"What's in the bag," I asked as I lifted it.

"You told me to bring a change of clothes."

"I did and you brought them. It's good that you listened."

I opened his door for him and watched him get in. Getting aroused even watching him do that, I decided I must be in pretty bad shape, Then I put his bag in the back-seat area.