All Comments on 'Killing Me Softly Pt. 04'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A well written story. But, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than his daughter-in-law, see no reason for him to associate with his children.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

similar to a february sucks / pay it foward.... nice plot ...lana redeemed

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The man was humiliated but his bitterness led to his ex wifes suicide. I think that's a bit too much. Well written but I'm i'm a sucker for at amicable endings, not suicide.

PondLife2023PondLife20238 months ago

Ten star story from a ten star author.

He doesn’t often go wrong, thankfully.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nicely done bear cheating leaves no winners as shown in this story , a broken man and a corpse is all that’s left of a couple that was once in love

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pretty gruesome. People don't have to die, or be dismembered, or destroyed because of marital infidelity. If the author has never made a serious mistake that could have caused the end of his marriage or relationship, he might be able to walk on water. Divorce her, dislike her, turn her kids against her in order to make her a better person. But the name calling, the attempts to destroy her, the vitriol. At some point sadness overcomes hate. It's all a bit too much.

Chimo1961Chimo19617 months ago

Maybe he should have just dealt with the Body guards the first time.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

That was a tragic tale of stupidity, inaction, naivety, misguided loyalty and a stubborn refusal to apologize or show remorse.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The problem I see is that most men would gladly take a severe public beating by 2 goons to stop his wife from being seduced and screwed by a predator. Letting her go with him is almost as bad as what she is doing

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There will always be guys ready to seduce women, they don't know you, have made no promises or vows to you, their only sin is lust, only a wife having a complete lack of love, honor, or respect for her husband could insult her husband in such a humiliating way. And such a self-entitled narcissistic feminist would never commit self deletion that's the most fictitious part of the whole story.

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Dark but it is fiction and Bear's world. I lenjoyed reading it--twice! Perhaps not every part of it but mostly. The only part I don't see happening is the ex-wife's suicide. Why? She still didn't think she had done anything wrong. She had her kids' and grandkids' support. She missed her ex but still had a lot going for her. But it is Bear's world. So be it.

ReadyOneReadyOne6 months ago

I would expect that the Chicago upper crust would be aware of what Woodson had been doing over the years. The lawyers all knew; they only had to fill in the blank with the current victim's name when the call came in.

.

So why wasn't Michael and the Children's Gala prepared? How did Woodson get an invite, and was there no security at the ball that would deal with the goons?

.

And what the heck can Woodson say in one sentence that would get the lady to balcony? None of them were naive adventurous 14 year olds, but were well experienced.

.

But then the story would only be 750 words...

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy6 months ago

Finally got some retribution. Long story, but worth reading to the end.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

1 star - for the violent content in the LW category, but the rest of the story was OK.

Too bad, you can't submit a rewrite with a military veteran as the victim.

The outcome would be significantly altered - there are millions of us out here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

perfect - a work of art and very educational

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The harassment of Wodson via slashing his tires, paint thrown on his car and the like is just plain juvenile and essentially stupid. The wife’s suicide at her grandson’s party is way melodramatic and unnecessary. Having Lana fall in love with our MC is just one of those too convenient turns of event to be acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of your BEST!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

when good men doesnt do anything that will happen. suck ending. he should make him leave limbsless and D less.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Still that three year old now has a wonderful memory of Grammy blowing her brains out on his birthday, every year from now on he’ll remember that special moment when grandma covered him with her brains…what a gift. So I exaggerated a bit but thought it’s ok because the author started it first.

beatman04beatman043 months ago

As close to perfect as you can get

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Darren Woodson is your villain? I’d have guessed Emmitt Smith (1/2/94, right?).

Seriously, nice albeit gloomy story.

Caldwel2

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I read the original story and here was my take:

As my new friend started recording on her cell phone…

“So dear, you’re going to spend the weekend with dick breath, a girly man who doesn’t have the hangy down things to get his own woman so he preys on real mens’ wives. I’ll make it easy for you. I divorce you. I divorce you. I divorce you. That’s all it took back in the day for a divorce. I’d like my grandmother’s ring back but I won’t take it from you. That would be assault. I will get it through a court order as part of your official divorce. And you, dickless wonder; don’t go dreaming about me when you’re fucking my wife up her ass. Like most homos, anal sex is the only way you can get off but I don’t roll that way. You can pretend your porking one of your fairy boys here but maybe you’re a sub and are usually on the receiving end. Not my problem. Have fun dear and don’t come home. But if you could get one of your new friend’s boy toys could take a swing at me I’d really appreciate it. I’d love to retire a wealthy man. Smile. You’re all going to be on the evening news tomorrow.”

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson2 months ago

Tara should have left Michael and raised her son with a better man.

mariverzmariverzabout 2 months ago

Sirve para sacarse el mal sabor de boca que deja la historia original

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

My brother had the same Tonka truck I loved playing with it haven’t been able to find one like it for my boys cuz everything is made from plastic

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Really excellent story, well written with a very compelling narrative -- 5-stars. The wife's suicide spoiled it somewhat, but I understand the reasoning in order to set the scene for the denouement with the predator. Perhaps there is no salvation for narcississtic women of this sort, blind to the effects of their actions...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES