All Comments on 'Killing Me Softly Pt. 04'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 226 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

I liked it, but there was a serious problem with the ending. His son was directly responsible for his mother being at his kid's birthday and that directly led to the mother's suicide. The son not only is seriously in the doghouse with his wife for his actions, but he is going to have major guilt for the rest of his life because of it. His effectiveness - hell, his ability to do his job as a law enforcement officer is going to be seriously compromised, if not totally shot. His great plan backfired to such an extent that he basically brought about the situation that led to his mother's death, and his plan showed he betrayed his wife and father; and the consequences of his mother's death and his responsibility for it may well destroy him and his marriage. You didn't mention the sister who should have been there, if possible. As far as the ending for the a-hole, nice. I wonder what happened to the goons, maybe they met with some serious payback also. Lastly, what about the charity board members that allowed this to happen? They should receive some payback also.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 3 years ago

Wow. Just awful ending. Was this a game of how many cliches to stuff into less than a page?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

im jot a fan of him getting with Lana who did exactly what his wife had done. He couldnt forgive his wife but he is okay with Lana. I know she didnt do it to him... but Sophia would be Lana in 4 more years.

kdad9010kdad9010almost 3 years ago

Yeeesh, that got dark!

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956almost 3 years ago

This earns the Saddletramp seal of approval. Thanks!! 5*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

The prick got what was coming to him and the cunt wife did what she had to do. Boo hoo boo hoo. Are we supposed to be sad? Fuck that. And a happy ending. All's well that ends well.

Five Star

P.S. Yeah I know I'm fucked up/

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

That’s the way to wrap up a great story, especially with Woodson ending up as dead as the cheating Sophia. He had nothing at all to do with the crazy bitch’s death, as he never wavered from his refusal to get over her betrayal. Michael’s bull headed attempt to get his parents back together, and her ex husband’s final rejection finally pulled the plug on Sophia’s fading sanity. The cheating whore never did believe that she did anything wrong, and couldn’t understand why her husband felt differently. Woodson thought he was untouchable, until he came up against a man who never wavered in his plans for vengeance. Again, a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a GREAT story right from the start. 5/5 always. Please keep your stories coming and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your MC was pathetic and childish... best was for him to shift to MARS,!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

No real winners here!

5

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

I really want the prick of a son to have his wife cheat on him with the father and they can point out to the little shit he has spent years advocating for the fact wives should fuck other men

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

For an ex-husband, he really is a cocksucker.

First, no one cares if someone cheats on another. Deal worth it: we really don’t care.

Second: why would she be pining away for a man who literally HATES her so much he can’t stand to be on the same city as her? Why.

And then to commit suicide and use it to hurt someone else? He was no better than the dude who seduces her so why does he get to come out smelling like a rose? Why doesn’t anyone call him out on his bullshit?

He’s a fucking cunt. And the author is no better. I hope the author comes out of the closet because his bullshit is really stinking the place up.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

A great story and an excellent conclusion.

I was saddened to read of the ex-wife's death. But was pleased that the husband maintained his resolve.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"drive my right fist straight into his nose. His nose collapsed, and his upper jaw cracked. His right cheekbone cracked, parts of his nose punctured his eye. He dropped like ten pounds of raw sewage"

What a load of GARBAGE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My only comment is there was too long between the chapters and i had to reread the previous chapter as a refresher. Maybe try and get the chapters closer together. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Was a decent story right up to the birthday party then it was ruined with the suicide. For one it felt forced into the story and the MC throughout really didn't feel connected to the other characters from the start.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Dark but Sofia deserved what she got in Life.

One can't walk away for a night or weekend and disrespect one's spouse, vows and actually one's own self like that.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

5/5!!!!!!!

.

Well-written! You finally put an EXCLAMATION MARK on the original story, and tied it up as it should've been all along!

.

Thanks Bear!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It took a while but worth waiting for . Thanks

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

THE BEAR.

Wow. That was huge. THE BEAR.

Ok. I get it.

I also loved this story. I loved reading cheating with consequences.

I don't much care if it goes all the way to reconciliation.

As long as there are consequences for cheating.

Too bad. She has to out herself. Why can't she just go out and find a

fuck-buddy or a fuck-toy. She let the bird go and it's not coming back to her.

Michael's son should blame himself not Michael. He, though with good intentions, brought

it to her mother and family as he keeps feeding false hope to his mother on reconciliation.

/

Good job author. But the revenge on Darron the a*hole should have been earlier not later. It might prevent Sophia's suicide.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Oh about Lana.

Michael shouldn't be with her.

All that guilt baggage she is carrying.

And the fact that she is a lying, cheating ex-spouse.

Maybe she has changed for the better; BUT THEN maybe not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

4 stars only because Lana killed herself at her grandson’s birthday party, otherwise I would have scored much lower because of him going to Lana’s grave to tell her she was forgiven and the slow reconciliation with his children.

I like that the main character stayed true to himself and did not attend anything when he knew his cheating ex would be in attendance. The son inviting the mom the kid’s birthday even after his wife gave instructions not to do it was very disrespectful to Tara and the main character. That should have been the point of cutting off all communication since the main character was still so obsessed with his ex’s cheating and revenge on the rich asshole.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

Gaddemmit Larry! Why would you made Tara marry his son? That part makes no sense to me. Who cares if her family is Italians, Huns, Sabaeans, Vikings, post-apocalyptic Australians, or ancient Greeks. None of them can prevent her husband from bringing pain to her life. That dude she married is not shown to have good character to be a husband. Her mother-in-law selfishly traumatized them during their son's birthday celebration because of his thoughtlessness.

The villain's brutal demise is too quick to be enjoyed. I'm not requesting some murder porn. At least show us his thoughts while reflecting on his past life while not knowing he doesn't have much time. Then slowly walk us through the journey he's taking to the gallows pole. And when the sands of time for him are running low, show us how unrepentant he is so we can say he deserved it.

Seriously, this outcome is more acceptable than the original. It is also easier to read than the other chapter. So thankful for the proofreading and editing before submitting. Preferably posted all at once if it's just 3-4 pages.

I won't complain if authors couldn't come up with their own idea because understandably writing for this site is just hobby. But maybe reboot an unsatisfying story like the original of this one instead of repeating the How High A Price, February Whatever, or Just Once Don't Mind. You know, instead of rebooting Ghostbusters, why not take on The Island of Dr. Moreau.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Rushed

It seemed to me you got tired of writing the story and wanted to end it. Even then, all the short chapters could have been put out in one posting and made a normal sized story.

Even if the ex wife was off her rocker, I doubt she would have blown her brains out in her grandchild's back yard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another misogynistic rant, another fool to never read again. What is wrong with North American males, that they hold their whole manhood on the achievements of their dick?

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 3 years ago

Good ending. Although...

• I have no idea why he walked away from every important events in his kids' life, because his ex-wife was there. It's as if he was acting like HE did something wrong here! So yes, the woman betrayed him in the worst way; so he divorcee her... now GET OVER IT. Don't penalized yourself and the rest of your family, cause you're too much of a coward to deal with your ex. Seriously, if Sophia never killed herself, was he really prepared to NEVER have any contact with his grandkid? Was he prepared to not go to his own daughter's potential wedding, just cause he couldn't be near his ex? Man, grow some balls...

• It takes a special kind of narcissistic to kill herself at her own grandson's birthday party. That's the thing with Sophia: she was truly irredeemable. Her selfishness throughout this whole story was glaring - it's a testament of how much her son was disconnected from the whole situation that he didn't see - or, more accurately, didn't want to see - how self-centered all of her actions were, starting with what she did at the gala. No surprise, then, that she ended up canceling herself at a family gathering... although, this act doesn't compute with the woman that, a chapter ago, tried to bed, once again, the man who destroyed her marriage, or who, here, brought someone to her grandchild's christening. But hey, maybe she couldn't moved on, after all...

• Michael ending up with Lana feels quite bizarre, to me, cause, for all intended purposes, she's pretty much Sophia, but with a little bit more sorrow. 'Guess he's attracted to unfaithful women... poor schmuck.

• The revenge on Woodson was finally substantive here - on the previous chapter, it really felt like the MC was just playing silly games with his nemesis. No idea why it took him three whole years to bring him down, especially given his press connection, but the BTB here was highly justified and deserved.

All and all, not a bad series, especially since you never could tell how any of its characters would act, on any given situation. Made the whole thing more realistic. I still do not remember the name of the original story, though... it'll get back to me.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Im not sure I would have killed the ex-wife but its yout story. Thanks the bad guys lost and the good guys won Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank goodness he got his. Congrats on your move to not speak tothe ex whore. You go big guy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the worse stories yet! Come on, having her commit suicide at her grandson's birthday party. You are one sick individual. No stars

mindmeld31mindmeld31almost 3 years ago

Well, this turned into a disaster of a finish.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Epic BTB, without a doubt one of the best here on Lit.

Well worth 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"It's incredible how much damage a .40cal. handgun can do to a person's head."

Really? You've been watching too much hollywood. A Fortay will leave a small, roughly .40" hole going in and depending on point of entry and angle, maybe a .40" hole going out. Guess the bullet size of a .40 cal.

Morticians don't have issues plugging small holes like that, so open casket isn't a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brutal. His son was as big of a jerk as his wife. And so stupid..his attitude toward his Slut mother facilitated her suicide.

Like your writing style, LT. Hope you do more.

4****

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

Not sure how I would feel as the father of a piece of crap like his son is. Not sure how quickly I would want to forgive and forget....probably forgive, but never forget and NEVER trust him. Good thing his daughter in laws family will have her back when the piece of crap son cheats on her just like his Mom.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago
A little above average

Until the last rushed page and especially the last paragraph. Why? There were still loose ends that needed more than what you wrote. His children were abysmal and his daughter in law should have really chastised the son not least for setting up the mother's suicide. This story would have been better if released all together. I had to go back and speed read the the first three parts. 2 page continuation stories are just not worth reading for me anymore. Sorry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 stars a great slant on tnicholl's story

Hiram325Hiram325almost 3 years ago

Hard hitting. Woodson got justice though too late for too many. Great multi-part story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Never attempt to screw-over people that buy ink by the train-car full. His wife forgot that lil'tidbit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this take on the story so well I'm sorry to see it end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My, my. So many commenters with tender sensibilities. If this were a San Franscico Mayoral election, they'd vote for Luke Sissy Fag (an actual candidate years ago). Although the Woodson "Svengali" character is completely unrealistic, a lot of entertaining fiction is unrealistic. This was entertaining. 5

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 3 years ago

Michael clearly was a weak, spineless, piece-of-shit. He plays childish games as "revenge" against the guy that fucked his wife. He could have gotten those sworn statements within that first year of being apart from his wife. But he didn't. He could have exposed the game playing arsehole at the one year anniversary or two year even. But he didn't. Why? cause he wanted his pain to fester. To play the victim. So he didn't go telling everyone what had happened, leaving them to speculate. What a dickhead. Yes, his wife was a cheating slut but his inaction caused her suicide.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Seriously, killing the ex at the grandson's birthday party was too harsh.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

I gave you 5 stars despite some serious flaws. Waiting 4 years to get revenge on on the Dickhead was bullshit. Several months to get their duckies in a row, fine. Remember the MC was the senior editor. he had power. He had resources to investigate.

For such an educated man, he never sat down in private with his son to talk about why the son thought the way he did? Show him some of the evidence, the statements etc. Instead he just abruptly left each event his ex wife showed up to. Yes he was standing for his principles, but it was as much a temper tantrum as it was constructive. His son needed to understand his feelings not just know it. A couple lines of dialog did not do that.

Ex wife appeared at one event appearing normal on the arm of another man, yet she goes off the deep end years later with no explanation. Other than now wanting to get back and couldn't take the rejection. Again, the time from of 4 years for that to happen was way too long.

Still looking forward to seeing more from you.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Well written. Suicide at her grandson’s birthday party was the ultimate expression of her selfishness, worthless cunt!

Karma got a lot of help from Michael, but once again proved she is truly a BITCH!

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Hm, after the first chapter, I expected something better.

I don't like that his wife killed herself. I don't like that the children sided with the cheating mother.

I don't like that he needed years to publish this article with the facts. A good investigator would have got the facts about the assholes past actions after a few month. And with the knowing of the first suicide he would have paid earlier! How many marriages had he destroyed in all these years he waited until publishing the article?

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

The issue I have is Michael Jr setup the ambush on his sons birthday. I can only wonder if that was his last child and if Tara truly cut him off and remained married, since Jr had no honor just arrogance. How Jr could live with what he pushed upon his mother and dad? I'm surprised Jr being so arrogant wasn't cheating too - since he endorsed it. His sister going along with Jr just spins your heard

/

A sad story that 25yrs of marriage can make her so stupid for sex and not let her brain see the damage this would do. That vows can so easily be tossed.

/

I personally find contempt with Sr in waiting over 4yrs to get his pound of flesh. Letting this predator continue in destroying more marriages. The body guards enabling this predator needed social justice too.

/

4*, Hooyah, but NO salutes...

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

What started out as an over the top and almost cartoonish consequence romp, turned into an over the top dark and almost sick downer.

I still appreciate your effort. This last installment really didn't feel right or sit well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Holy crap monkies! Angry much?

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Grow up!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

His son deserved to be blamed for the suicide. He knew how his father felt, betrayed him multiple times, and ultimately betrayed his wife by asking Sophia to attend. He knew it wouldn’t go well. The suicide was one possible unexpected consequence — of the son’s actions.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Powerful albeit over the top. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wish we could have had a detailed account of the assholes last 24 hours. Right down to dialogue between him and whoever he was with during the last hour or so. Hopefully Michael's name came up several times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

3 Stars. Okay, but just too unreal. Too over the top for me.

Everything is a big production. Ex wanted to see him? Catch him coming out of work.

Son's future in laws learn of issues at the wedding /reception and everybody is shocked and grand ma spitting in her face. Come on, that shit would have come out before then. Was Tara not at the family meeting?

Son's wife want him to see his grandson. Just go visit him or invite him for the week end.

Ex wants to kill herself. As if that is not enough, she does it at a 3 year old's birthday party --- talk about fucking up your kids for life!

We learned more about Lana than his ex and her post split life. We got a couple of sentences and suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Definitely misogynistic and all the main characters narcissistic except for the daughter-in-law. The story had the characters moving around lime automatons with NP character development. The author could do better with 4 story chapters. Try again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Edit, edit and edit some more. Then try to find a less juvenile way to BTB.

Texican1830Texican1830almost 3 years ago

The ex was harsh; the stockbroker was just right.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Logical Conclusion Albeit Sad

Author wrote the wife's character perfectly - it was never her fault. I still like the skunk smell scene in the last chapter the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have enjoyed this author’s other stories, but this was like a cartoon: the characters were one-dimensional, every reaction was over the top, complex plans work flawlessly ….

After reading so many of these stories, I now see what I did wrong earlier in my life. If I had just gone Into Special Ops, I would have been so much better prepared when my wife decided to divorce me. Sigh, too late.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Here's hoping that you writing career is grinding to a halt real soon.

There 1st three chapters weren't all that good and lord knows why I thought I'd try the finale of this "story" but heaven help me I did, and I shouldnt have.

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 3 years ago

I know it's part of the plot that she lost it, bu5 if she wanted him back she probably would of had a better plan with an apology. Not just well he said no bang.

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
IF ANY TALE COULD BE ASKING FOR the request OF A SELECTION

"Play Misty for Me, this author surely has responded. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Are you sure you can't drag this out a couple of more months with maybe 3 or 4 more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story could have been a good one, but was written so poorly that I couldn't give it a decent rating.

Writing style was jerky, disjointed, and difficult at times to tell which character was speaking some of the dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In the end, the son need to be divorced. I don't understand why he get to marry after showing his lack of understanding of marriage fidelity. Now, his own son's birthday is ruined and possibly the relationship with his wife and her family too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The father just seemed like a bitch, if he'd turned up at the gala wearing a dress I wouldn't have been surprised. This was a great let down from what could of been a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So the whore was never really sorry, nor made any effort at confession, guilt, penance, and contrition. But she feels all those things so much and so intently that 4 years later without any real groveling or begging she responds to his characteristic and predictable rebuff by blowing her brains out? So what took her so long? The husband could have had years more relief and satisfaction if she had acted earlier. Bummer.

Sorry, but it made no sense. She wasn't under psychiatric care, she wasn't depressed and gaunt and wasting away, in fact she was just fat, dumb, complacent. The only real question is what made him marry the brainless bitch in the first place? Now she has two spawn foisted upon civilization? Darwin cringes.

Thanks for the effort.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad story or ending. I think the MC's family was terrible through and through and half expected the story to end with him leaving and never returning. Some pretty good revenge was gotten on the rich player guy but I kinda wanted some towards his family as effed up as that is. Guess the son causing his mom's suicide was a pretty big consequence.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

OK. Not my kind of story. I remember some of the story you based this story on but I couldn't remember the title or the author. I do remember I enjoyed it much better than your version. In my 70 years I've known several friends that chose death over help. I will never understand there reasoning. Maybe if it is to avoid a slow and painful death, after all alternatives have been tried, it could be a viable route. I tried hard to find something I liked but even then I just couldn't rank it higher then 3 stars.

gentoletgentoletalmost 3 years ago

I think the story too much for me...the 4th chapter not so good than chapter 1-3.. 3.5 star from me

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

a story about a man who didn't know how to live.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

One thing you can take credit for, LT56 - you have written a love-it or hate-it story that has generated a wide dichotomy of comments that many cannot leave-it.

/

The comments are a story upon themselves with some being very sick myopic readers that cannot see the depths within the story. But it is not if the ilk of February Sucks...

/

Seems the more you make them think the more they hate YOU - guess you foiled their masturbation needs. Hooyah...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Deal with it, Dad."

I told him I would. I did not attend."

That's the best part. Refreshingly different from the oversmart, overbearing children of raac stories who try their level best to force their cheated father not only to forgive their cheating mother but also take her back. They needed to be taught a lesson.

JustaSailorJustaSailoralmost 3 years ago

Wow a woman driven to suicide and a brutal murder! Aand he was happily screwing his GF with this carnage in his wake. And I got shit?

The lead up was good, frustrating but good. I'm sorry to opine that you did not bring off an end appropriate and well suited to your set up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

well I sort of liked it. I am glad he stuck to his guns and in a way I am pleased that she never admitted wrong doing IN her eyes she was in her right so that stuck with character. But at the end the woman slaps the guy and the ADA is just fine in taking her as is? She was going out on the balcony with this guy! Her husband was just getting drinks A loving wife would have nothing to do with the predator and would have stayed her ground and wait for her husband. This guy still has issues to resolve.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

If love and hate can be quantified, we have the answer here: he hated his wife more than he loved his children

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

What a violent story!! Damn that was good! Thanks for sharing.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

Good stories heve to have some level of believability. This had very, very little both in the characters and in the situations and responses.

• Never in life have I ever known anyone, male or female that could consistently pick out a wife/husband at a setting where their spouse is present, whisper something in their ear and have them immediately abandon said spouse in a public setting for an entire weekend of "just sex." Could it happen? Yes and I'm sure it has but I would only think that if there was a serious issue in the relationship already where the targeted spouse is monumentally pissed at the other and has no illusions that the marriage would be over at that point. There was no known issue in the marriage in this story. The fact that this Woodson guy was successful in doing so every time, is ridiculous (it's why I find the February Sucks stories so ridiculous). I'm sure people get seduced at functions but it's more likely a slip of a phone number here and there gor a future secret liaison or a quick drunken fuck in a back room when the spouse is preoccupied. Not an intentional public humiliation.

• You can't kick your wife out of her house. Doesn't matter whose name is on the mortgage.

• You can't get a restraining order against someone that has not attempted to harm you physically- especially in the course of a weekend. She did nothing illegal and nothing that would make him fear for his safety.

• The MC was presumably a well educated and very successful professional. When someone is wronged, handling situations with some dignity work far better in the long run, especially when explaining your action to others. - "Kids, you mother had been a great mom and up until last week was a great wife. This is a choice your mother made. This is the choice I'm making to deal with it. If you disagree I'm m open for discussion but you have to respect my position"

Instead you wrote a guy that endlessly name calls, basically cuts ties with his kids or makes his involvement in their lives conditional if they don't fall into line, throws temper tantrums, etc. Really? Sells her car cheap, puts stink bombs into the bad guys car....what is he, 14 years old?

• There would be SERIOUS discussion in the Jr/Tara household. Pretty sure there would be no household until their expectations of marriage aligned.

• What was the purpose of inserting her lawyer into the family discussion? It looked like a big win for him as it made Sonia look foolish but kids took her side anyway????

• As others have remarked, why in God's name would he have any relationship whatsoever with a woman who did exactly the same thing as the hated, nonrational, horrid bitch did? The woman he hates so severely that he can't be in the same room with, who he is willing to sacrifice the relationships with his kids and grandchildren for....makes absolutely no sense.

I could go on but you get the point. Too ridiculous to take seriously.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198almost 3 years ago

Get story, great finish. The only problem i have with the cheating whore topping herself was doing it at her grandsons birthday party. One can only hope the A.P had his dick cut off before he was beat unconsciousness and killed.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story of infidelity Personal Responsibility, and Consequences. Nobody ever considers there could and usually are Consequences. To bad the ex shot herself but they were her own consequences, Could the husband end up biting the bullet in the after life we will never Know!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretty sure if he bashed the guys face in, with lots of witnesses present with no physical provication (other than "reaching for hos shoulder") he'd be in jail with an assault conviction.

Boardman68Boardman68almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story. One of the comments below, seemed to think that Sophia wouldn't have fallen for this guy unless there was some problem or difficulty in her marriage. I disagree. Sophia's ego, self-centeredness, her "I will do what I want, you don't own me"attitude, & lack of conscience (never apologizing or admitting she was wrong) was enough for her to fall into the trap. In fact, she told her husband in describing her weekend away that "they didn't have sex, they made love." Even if the husband had tried...I don't think their marriage would have survived for all with her inability to comprehend that she had done anything wrong.

And I don't fault him for the stress & strained relationship with his son & daughter. 20-year olds who haven't been married and have never had a spouse cheat on them...tend to think "it was just one time" & get over it Dad". That is until unfortunately it happens in their own marriage. Then, it's not so easy to just 'get over it' particularly when your cheating spouse refuses to admit any wrongdoing or apologizing.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

Re: Boardman68

I don't disagree but if that were the case this would not have been the fist time. If she was that entitled and selfish this marriage would not have lasted to this point, or it should have been no surprise to the husband. It doesn't just happen one night because a good looking stranger whispers in your ear. And the fact that he can magically get any wife he wants to behave that way instantly is completely unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Pretty extreme

I can’t believe you hated the original version of this story so much, that you had the husband happily estrange his self from his children, and then have his wife commit suicide.

I don’t understand why you felt the need to take a classic story ( George Anderson’s February sucks) and turn it int a suicide, nuclear wasteland story. Many authors have covered this story and used a btb theme, but yours is definitely the most extreme.

Even though it was not my cup of tea thanks for your effort. KS

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 3 years ago

Not a terrible version, I’d say adequate

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 3 years ago

Frankly, I don't understand how the son stayed married after his action and betrayal to both his wife and father, or how the relationship with the Son and the Father continued. Clearly another case of lack of respect and trust that led to very harsh results.

Also the lack of respect and understanding from his daughter was off-putting and to me, unrealistic.

Also the whole suicide scene seems way off. Sophia did not come across as so distraught as to kill herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To the confused, This is not February Sucks. It's Tnicoll's Conversations. The children in this are adults

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No spouse that loves each other would leave with anyone else

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

Wife killing herself was brutal! I would have preferred a less violent ending but, "that's life"! Good pay backs on Dodson!

brownlabbrownlabalmost 3 years ago

Lt56 another great story, sometimes hard to follow because of my reading ability or maybe editing? Not sure cuz I'm not as smart as I think I am most of the time. But it seemed original and new to me thank you for the great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories I have read here. 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LOOKS LIKE MICHAEL'S EX-WIFE FINALLY GOT HERS, EVEN IF SHE DID IT HERSELF. WOODSON GOT HIS, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH. IT WOULD SEEM, A HAPPILY MARRIED WOMAN WITH A FAMILY WOULD HAVE NOT ONLY REBUFFED THAT ASSHOLE, BUT TOOK ACTION AGAINST THE LOW-LIFE BASTARD. MICHAEL'S WIFE NOT ONLY DESTROYED HER FAMILY, BUT ULTIMATELY, HER LIFE. IT'S A WONDER HOW A SMART PERSON CAN BE SO STUPID...

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

Cheaters and retribution.

Nice ending, even if her

suicide was a bit extreme.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One for the scum BTB trolls and domestic abusers. A story that will no doubt encourage them treat women worse than they do now. As an author you should be ashamed of writing stories like this it just promotes violence against women.

I am a man and have served my country with tours in both iraq and the gan. I have the wounds to show for it. I m sorry that I wasted my time reading this crap.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - worst story EVER. Please do not contribute any more.

I am also a military veteran and I only support non-violent stories.

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

Never an apology for hurting those loved ones you left. Not really cool. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What kind of person are you?

Her death is the only way you and the BTB crowd can find satisfaction, shame on you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unbelievably Ignorant and hateful. Suicide is NOT something to take lightly and should NEVER be written about like that. You are a disgrace to humanity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You did a wonderful job. The assholes all paid, the slut paid with her life. She did it all to herself, she thought with her C-NT, and I don't feel sorry for her!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Wow...I enjoyed the story. But did Sofia have to die.... I have mixed feels about that. She wasn’t written as to be so distraught that we’re death was a possible path. Sorry, but opinion is her death just doesn’t fit the story. No apologies to her husband or admission she did something wrong (or the very least... suspect). No counter proposal for counselling (or anything in that realm) from her. She should of just gotten along with his life; whatever they be. Thanks I like your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

THE WHORE GOT HERS, EVEN IF SHE DID IT HERSELF...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES