Kiss the Darkness Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've hardly ever come out here." Christian told him.

Alexander looked at him, surprised. "How could you not?" He asked in amazement. "Standing up here, looking down, it's like looking at the world from a window in the heavens. I imagine only the view from Vinac would be more breathtaking."

Christian chuckled some. "You're ability to find the beauty in the simplest of things never ceases to amaze me, Alexander. You and I look at the world through very different eyes."

"When I look at the world below," Alexander told him, "I see the beauty and the over all majesty of the Eternal spirits creation. Everything you see, hear, and feel has his touch. By being closer to his creation we become closer to him. That's why everything is so brilliant in my eyes. This world...it's been touched by the Gods. What could be more enchanting?"

Christian put his arms around Alexander and pulled him close. "You." He said simply. "You are more enchanting. When I look at the world, Alexander, I see you and only you."

Alexander blushed as he smiled. "You are my world as well." Alexander said softly. "I live and die every moment, in your eyes."

Christian kissed him then, long and hard, pressing their bodies together. He didn't care who could see them. He didn't care about anything in that moment except Alexander and the love that he felt for him. There was nothing else in the world when Alexander was in his arms. It was as if they two were the only things that existed and everything else around them was only darkness.

____________________________________________

Jivete stood before the King and gave her most demure curtsy. "My Lord, I will stay as you wish though I fear that with the presence of a demon prince circumstances have changed, at least for me. I no longer feel safe in the palace. The demon undoubtedly knows of my previous engagement to Prince Christian. For that reason I now find it necessary to employee some measure for my protection."

"But of course, My Lady." The King took her small and delicate hand in his and gave it a gentle and reassuring pat. "I would never allow any harm to come to you. We are all on alert since that fiend has inserted himself in the Prince's life. I can post extra guards at your door. That should ease your concerns."

"Your majesty is both kind and understanding." Jivete smiled sweetly at him. "Extra guards would indeed ease my fears but I wonder, if it pleased my King, could I not also commission a private body guard? One of my own choosing and my father would of course pay his wages."

"I don't see why not. Whom did you have in mind for this position?"

Jivete turned and motioned for Amos to stand at her side. "This young man has recently been dismissed by the Prince, no doubt at the behest of that dreadful demon. He is in need of employment and logging's. He knows the palace well and is a fine solider and he has graciously agreed to take on the responsibility of my protection for a nominal fee."

Guillame turned his attention to Amos and at once his expression showed that of concern. "When did Christian dismiss you?" He asked him.

"Just this afternoon." Amos answered. "He'd ordered me to leave the palace before nightfall. I was just loading my belongings on the carriage when Lady Jivete approached me. She was so frightened and my heart went out to her. What Christian has done to this poor child is inexcusable though I do not blame him. I know that it is his husband who has been influencing the Prince's decisions. If not for that creature, none of this would be happening."

The King nodded. "I agree with you there. Unfortunately, my hands are tied at the moment. The bastard has covered every legal aspect of this farce of a marriage. Rest assured though, I will discover his treachery and make it publicly known. When Christian sees how he's been manipulated and bewitched, he will no doubt request to have this marriage dissolved and then the demon will be dealt with harshly."

Amos bowed. "The King is wise and formidable. I have no doubts that the demon scum will get what's coming to him."

"Indeed." Guillame looked over the two and thought carefully about what the Lady was requesting. It seemed to be within his best interest to build supports in his favor. The more people that were against Alexander, the better for the King. "I will grant your request, My Lady. Amos will be employed as your personal guard. If the Prince protests, remind him that it is by the order of the King that Amos be allowed to remain in the palace. He may dismiss him as his steward but he has no authority to demand he leave the palace. Let the demon whore see who is King and who rules this land. His time here will soon be at an end."

"Thank you, My King." Jivete bowed her head in reverence. She looked to Amos and smiled. Amos nodded to her and returned the smile. He was back in the palace, just as the Lady had predicted, and the King seemed pleased to have the matter settled. In fact, he seemed a little too pleased. Amos wondered, was he planning something? Had the Lady Jivete been party to the Kings plans all along? Either way it mattered little to Amos. He was back where he belonged and soon Alexander would be out of the picture.

The Lady Jivete didn't really fear for her life but the fib was necessary to convince the King to keep Amos on, or so she explained. She had her own agenda, as did Amos. With Alexander out of the way the Prince would marry Jivete and one day soon Jivete would be Queen. That was all she really wanted. Once her position was secured she had no further expectations of Christian, other than to bear him a son. That left Amos ample opportunity to win Christian's affections. Obviously he could never wed the Prince but it didn't matter. As long as they were together, as lovers, Amos would be content. He was willing to make that one small sacrifice for the sake of his happiness and of course the happiness of the Prince.

"Come, Amos." Jivete turned and began walking towards the corridor. "I wish to retire for the night. You will inspect my chambers and ensure that all is well. My safety is now your top priority."

Amos bowed as he turned and followed behind her. "Of course, my Lady. I am but your humble servant."

"Excellent." A sly smirk crossed the Lady's lips. "That's exactly what a man should be, a humble servant."

'And a loyal dog.' She silently thought to herself. 'Amos will make a most excellent dog, easy to train and command, for he thinks with his cock rather than his head.' She giggled a bit to herself as she led him up the stairs towards the guest apartments. Amos followed quickly behind at her heels, never once straying from her sight.

_________________________________

Christian came into the dinning hall around ten till six and took his usual place at the left of the King. The Queen, who sat opposite him on the right, brandished a regal smile as she greeted her son.

"Hello mother." Christian returned the smile. He reached across the table, plucked an apple from a silver bowl in the center, and brought it to his lips, taking a large bite from the fruit.

"How is your new husband finding the palace?" The Queen inquired.

"He's enraptured." Christian told her. "Everything he sees is like a wonder. It's quite adorable how he can find such pleasure in the most ordinary of things."

"I'm sure he's quite taken with the castle." Guillame sneered. "No doubt exploring now, becoming accustomed to the layout for when he makes his move to overthrow me."

Christian frowned. "Actually, father, he's meeting with the tailor in the palace stores. I've ordered new clothes made for him and he's being fitted as we speak."

"Is there nothing in the stores that he fancy's?" The Queen asked.

"Oh quite a bit." Christian explained. "And I told him to get whatever he likes, but I also wanted him to have a few sets of clothes that were made specifically for him. Ready made items are so impersonal I think, and he's never had the pleasure of being fitted by a professional tailor. His grandmother had made all of his clothing. She was an accomplished seamstress but I just thought it time he experienced more of what life had to offer."

"Well, that is a lovely notion my dear. I'm sure he is most grateful to you." The Queen sipped her wine with the poise and elegance of a true lady. "Will he be joining us then for the evening meal?"

"Yes, as soon as he's finished shopping." Christian laughed a bit. "However long that may take. He had the eyes of a child in a candy shop when he saw the stores. I don't think he's ever seen so many fine things in his life. He hardly knew where to begin but I left him with a capable young valet to assist him."

King Guillame slammed his fist down on the table abruptly catching the attention of his wife and son. "It's bad enough I have to contend with that cretin under my own roof but I will not have him dinning at the same table as me!"

Christian gave his father a disapproving glare. "He is my husband and has every right to dine with the royal family."

"As far I'm concerned he hasn't the right to breathe." Guillame shifted uncomfortably in his chair, speaking low and under his breath though loud enough that Christian had heard him.

"Is it your intention to insult and belittle my husband at every turn?" Christian asked him. "Can we not even take a meal in peace?"

"I will have no peace while that demon resides in this palace." Guillame told him.

The Queen sighed and shook her head sadly. "Gill, my love, is it not possible that you may have miss-judged Alexander entirely? At least make an attempt to get to know him before acting so rashly. It is not his fault, after all, that his father was Draveil; and he had no hand in the events of the past. Let us look now to the future and try our best to make it a happy one."

Guillame touched the Queens hand affectionately. "My darling wife. Your heart is kind and full of generosity but I fear that you are too trusting. You are not aware of the evils within this world as I am. Though you strive to see the good in everyone it is possible that some men are just born evil."

"And my husband is NOT one of them." Christian snapped. "He doesn't have an evil bone is his body. He is good and kind and full of love and life. Why can't you see that? You judge him based on the crimes of his ancestors but he himself remains innocent!"

"When his true colors are revealed, you will understand why I can not trust or accept him. The past speaks for itself, the Draveil are ruthless, blood thirsty, and cruel. They are incapable of human emotions and live only to conquer and destroy."

"That is your opinion. I've seen nothing in Alexander to suggest that he is anything like you describe."

"Give it time." The King told him. "He can't keep up this charade forever."

Christian shook his head. "What happened to you father? What happened that caused you to become this bitter and unyielding?"

Guillame rubbed his temples and sighed. "I saw the true face of evil long ago." He said, his voice low and with a hint of sorrow. "I was just a boy but I saw what the Draveil were capable of. My older brother Gerald was set to inherit the crown from our father. By the time he was in his mid twenties my father had charged him with governing a few of the farm lands, lands that were close to the mountains. There had been some trouble with local farmers and hunters being attacked by the Draveil who were camped out in the mountains. My brother went to just speak with Ar'gas who was not yet King but commander of the small battalion of demons that had taken over the mountains. My brother's body was sent back in pieces, his head in a basket."

"Ar'gas did that?" Christian asked, shocked by what his father had told him.

Guillame shook his head. "Honestly, I've always had my suspicions, but Ar'gas claimed innocence to the crime. He claimed that a rouge group of Draveil had disagreed with his idea of peace with humans and went off on their own. Ar'gas had some of his men out hunting them down and promised when caught, they would be delivered to my father for punishment. "

"And were they?"

"Ar'gas delivered two Draveil whom he claimed were the killers. My father had them executed and then he and Ar'gas formed a treaty that prohibited any human from entering a certain area of the mountains that the Draveil had claimed as theirs. In return, Ar'gas agreed to keep his men from attacking anyone else. Any human who broke the treaty was to be turned over to my father to deal with, as Ar'gas would deal with any Draveil who went against their end of the deal. My father agreed to the treaty to keep the peace but I don't think he was every really convinced of Ar'gas's innocence either. I believe that the men he turned over to my father were merely pawns. He needed someone to take the blame so he ordered two of his own men to their deaths."

Christian sighed as he shook his head sadly. "I am truly sorry for what happened to your brother. Whoever was responsible for his death, Ar'gas or the men he claimed were guilty, what they did was despicable. But father, Alexander wasn't even thought of then. He had nothing to do with any of that. Your only reasoning for hating him is because of who his father was, and it's not fair to him."

"No." Guillame narrowed his eyes as he looked at Christian sternly. "My reason for hating him is because of what he is and what he's done. He killed two of my guards. You say it was self defense but I disagree. I know what the Draveil are capable of and if what you say is true and that boy has only just come into his powers then we have a serious problem because based on what I was told from the surviving guards, that boy wields a power even greater than what his own father had, and that power will only grow stronger as he gets older. Draveil children do not develop those kinds of powers."

"Alexander's eighteen." Christian argued. "He's hardly a child anymore."

"The Draveil age slower than we do." Guillame explained. "They usually don't reach full maturity until they are in their thirties. It's possible that this one has aged more quickly because of his human blood, but he's still young. I've seen the Draveil do some amazing things. Control the weather and elements. I've seen them move objects with their minds or even read the minds of others. But the kind of power this one has, at his age..." Guillame shook his head. "It's unheard of."

"That just makes him special." Christian said.

Guillame raised an eyebrow as he studied his son closely. "It makes him unpredictable" He said finally. "It makes him dangerous."

Christian shook his head slowly as he met his father's stare and locked eyes with him. "Never." He said firmly. "Alexander will never be a danger to me or anyone I care about. I trust him with my life."

Guillame pursed his lips and sighed. "That, my son, was your first mistake. Trust no man with your life, not even me. When it comes right down to it, any man would betray even his one true love, if it meant saving his own skin."

'What a bitter old fool.' Christian thought as he listened to his father. He knew deep down that Alexander would never betray him. He almost said that to his father but then Alexander had come to the open doorway of the dinning hall and stood tentatively at the thresh-hold, looking at Christian. Christian motioned for him to come over but he hesitated, looking from Christian to the King and then back to Christian. Guillame shot Christian a disproving look.

Christian frowned, glaring at his father as he rose from his seat.

"Christian, please." His mother looked at him calmly, her eyes pleading with him to keep the peace. "Please son, don't start anything."

"I'm only going to get my husband Mother. He seems a bit too shy to enter the room on his own." He smiled as he stepped away from the table. "I'll return momentarily."

"I will not have him at my table!" Guillame hissed. "Christian, I am warning you."

"Or what?" Christian snapped.

Guillame's eyes went wide. "What did you just say to me?" He demanded.

"Or what?" Christian repeated. "What exactly are you going to do? Have me beheaded for wanting to dine with my husband?"

The Queen sighed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry mother." Christian told her. "But father is being difficult. He may not accept Alexander but I'm not about to let him exclude my husband from family meals. He has just as much right to be here as any of us."

"This is my house." Guillame began to rise from his seat as he glared angrily at Christian. "My house, my palace and my family! I'll not have..." He stopped abruptly as Leland came rushing into the room past Alexander and over to the table where he skidded to a halt next to his mother. He was wet and covered in mud and Maudlin had to stifle a laugh when she saw him.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." Leland exclaimed. "I was..um...you see..."

Guillame sighed as he sat back down. "Go and get yourself cleaned up!" He bellowed. "What kind of a Prince shows up to the dinner table looking like a street urchin!"

Leland bowed, apologized again, then rushed back out of the room. Guillame hadn't even noticed when he was scolding his youngest son, that Christian had walked away from the table and was now walking back, with Alexander. Guillame was furious but one look from the Queen silenced him. Christian led Alexander to the chair beside his own seat and Alexander sat down slowly and as gracefully as possible. Christian sat beside him and looked at his father, a triumphant smile upon his lips that of course the Queen was not amused by. But regardless, Christian had won the battle, and he knew it. So did Guillame. There was nothing he could do about the boy at the moment; but, even though the battle was lost-the war was far from over.

________________________________________

The meal was the most elaborate spread that Alexander had ever seen in his life. He knew that the food served to the royal family was something far beyond what he or any other common person would have ever partook of but the extravagance of it was something which held him in awe. There was a glorious selection of everything that he could possibly think of and then some items that he'd never heard of. The meal began with soup, then was followed by a course of meats, potatoes, both raw and cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, and finally almond cakes and a sweet custard pie.

Alexander hardly knew where to begin and he was leery of looking too eager. The King glared at him throughout the entire meal, making him feel awkward, like an uninvited guest. The servants filled his plate at the direction Christian. Christian encouraged him to try everything but Alexander only smiled as he nibbled at the foods. His heart was pounding and he was shaking slightly as the King's eyes bore into him. The Queen was pleasant enough though, constantly asking Alexander how he liked the food and trying to make civil conversation. Alexander tried to be as polite as possible and answer each of her questions but everything he said was then followed by a rude retort from the King.

In the end, Alexander kept his eyes on his plate and said nothing. The Queen turned her attention to her youngest son then and asked him general questions about how his day went, what had he done, and who he was with. Normal questions that any mother would ask their child. The same type of conversation Alexander had had with his grandmother hundreds of times. Alexander liked seeing the Queen take an interest in her child. There was something familiar in the way she spoke and smiled that reminded him of his grandmother. The Queen was a kind woman, soft spoken and wise, but she also had an authority about her that made people stand up and take notice.

People didn't fear the Queen as they might the King, but they respected her. Probably even loved her. And Alexander could see why. She had a way of making even the most troubling of situations seem unimportant. She inspired hope where there was none. And she showed love and compassion to all, with no regard to status or class. All men and women were equal in the Queens eyes and Alexander loved that about her. It was clear to him that Christian's education and moral teachings were greatly influenced by his mother rather than his father, which was a great relief. Had Christian taken after his father more, many things would have turned out differently, of that Alexander was sure.