Kiss the Darkness Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the meal was done, the King rose from his seat and stormed out of the room hastily, letting everyone know of his displeasure at having Alexander at his table. Both the Queen and Christian told him to think nothing of it and Alexander smiled and nodded to them but inside he was hurting. He wanted so desperately to prove himself to the King but that seemed nearly impossible. The King hated him for reasons that Alexander couldn't quite understand. Yes he was half Draveil, but he was also half human. Surely that had to count for something. If Alexander had never met Christian he wouldn't care what the King thought of him but Christian was his husband now. How was their marriage going to work when the King despised him?

Despite his father's rude and brash behavior, Christian never the less seemed to be in rather good spirits. Leland of course seemed oblivious to anything other than what directly affected him. He wanted to stay up and join the adults in the evening entertainments but his mother wouldn't allow it. Two servant girls came and quickly whisked the boy away to his chambers were he could be washed and dressed for bed. The Queen invited Christian and Alexander to join her and some of the others in the parlor for cards. The Lady Jivete had also planned a poetry reading for later in the evening to which she had extended a personal invitation to Christian. He of course declined and said that he wished to spend some time alone with his new husband.

Jivete was not pleased at his refusal but she knew better than to question the Prince and so she bowed and wished him well. Christian gave the same refusal to his mother's invitation. He was a newly wed he told her, and he and Alexander needed time alone together. The Queen smiled and nodded. Alexander bowed to the Queen as Christian took his hand. "Good-night mother." Christian bowed as well then led Alexander out of the room and back to the apartments that they now shared.

Alexander couldn't really say that his welcome to the palace had been a warm one, but at the least there were people who seemed happy with his arrival. The Queen had done her best to make Alexander feel at home but whether her kindness was for her sons benefit or not Alexander couldn't tell. Though, he had a feeling that had the Queen disapproved of him, she would have no problems voicing her concerns. Alexander didn't take her as one who was insincere. She said what she thought and she meant what she said. She chose her words carefully in an effort to keep the peace but Alexander knew that she was not one to sit idly by and allow the suffering of her family or her people and Alexander respected that about her.

Christian, Alexander knew, would always be his biggest advocate. Reese also seemed to have taken a liking to Alexander and of course the Queen seemed to be on his side as well. Leland seemed indifferent but then Alexander really hadn't much time to talk to him and get to know him. He knew that he shouldn't worry about the others. As long as Christian loved him then what did it matter what anyone else thought about him? That's what he tried to tell himself but deep down he knew that Christians own happiness would not last is he were constantly at odds with his father. Since Alexander had no intention of leaving Christian his only course of action seemed clear to him. One way or the other, he just had to win the King over.

Once Guillame could trust Alexander and realized just how much he loved his son, he would have to accept him. Guillame was still haunted by the events of the past and Alexander was angry about what the King had done to his parents, but he had to set that anger aside and try to find some way to make peace with the King. Guillame was his father in law now and for better or worse, Alexander just had to accept that. Christian meant more to him than anything and Alexander was going to do everything within his power to make his husband happy, even if that humbling himself before the King and taking his degradation in stride. No matter how he shamed him, no matter how painful it was to bear, Alexander would take it all-for Christian.

Christian pushed the door to his chambers open and Alexander walked inside with Christian following close behind him. The room was warm, a fire was burning and many candles lit up the darkness. Christian closed the door behind them then smiled at Alexander as he took him into his arms and held him close. "I know your upset about my father." Christian whispered, "The way he acted tonight was uncalled for but I believe in time he'll come around."

"Even if he never accepts me," Alexander told him, "As long as I have you nothing else matters. My only purpose in life now is to make you happy."

"You've already done that." Christian kissed his hand and looked into his beautiful violet eyes. "And we have many more happy years ahead of us."

"I hope so." Alexander lay his head against Christian's chest and sighed heavily. "I really hope so..."