All Comments on 'Kitsune Vows Ch. 05'

by BlackCowboy76

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Overall the concept of the story is solid, however you paint this guy as an idiot, the whole LofTR bit was of putting in the story and the fact people around him would DEMAND answers is ridiculous. He is a multi millionaire who got away from the people around him so why would any of them know or if they found out. A easy made up story would be entirely plausible because it would really be none of their business how they all met or he could just tell them to fuck off. Worrying about the daughters, Kitsune by the way, future with papers and legal residence is not adding to the story at all. These are magical creatures and with their abilities, and the money he has, all this would be a minor if not a nonissue. Worry about the opposition in the story more than the minutiae details of travel. 5 stars on the concept, 3 stars on execution on this chapter. Just my non writing ass opinion, I do appreciate you taking the time to write and share,

BlackCowboy76BlackCowboy762 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous: you obviously have not been out in the world much lately and may not know how the world works now… I know what it took for me to get my passports and have traveled to at least 3 different countries, and last I checked… The security only increased! I also know about the international travel restrictions and visa requirements that most countries have in place. And just because they’re magical beings does not mean that somebody might not inquire about them later. But in chapter 4 I had written that Kagero Mentioned that she had limits on her teleportation powers. And Multimillionaire or not, unless you’re a senator or president, there are some problems that money can’t make go away! And as for ‘people, not being able to find you in this world’, if you really think that, you’re sadly mistaken! This is a very small world, with fewer and fewer opportunities to hide every single day. and with the right technology it doesn’t take much for someone in authority to find you if they really want to! It’s just that some countries have a “non-extradition treaty”in place, some law enforcement agencies can’t touch you in certain countries. And in a case of people, getting murdered, How do you think that the police can track victims Credit cards or debit cards being used if something happens to them? And I’m pretty sure that you know about the tag readers at traffic intersections, and at freeways for cars now; they are not sitting there just for decoration. It’s so if the cops want to find your car, all you have to do is drive by one of those tag readers with the tag that they are looking for, or if your tags are out of date… even if your insurance is not valid they know exactly where you are and where you’re going so that tag reader will alert them to the nearest cop! They’ll even tell the cops which way you’re heading! I’ve even seen news stories from Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri where local law enforcement are cracking down with mobile tag readers placed in random gas station locations and use them to search for offenders and send violation tickets to the owners of the vehicle or notify them to stop you! But hey, you don’t have to take MY word for it…

Wolfknight6856Wolfknight68562 months ago

Good story man keep making more looking forward to it

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Shit, all you have to do is look at the southern boarders, anyone can get in and live the way they want. California will even issue a license and give free health care. And money can and will always buy anything. Just live in a liberal state and anything goes. That is fact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Brilliant story and well worth a read. It's a little fanciful, but hey, it's got a Kitsune in it so definitely some license is allowed. As for the border control, yes in some ways border control is higher. I'd be of the opinion that where there's a will, there's a way. Especially with money AND magic at your disposal. Looking forward to the next episode. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

To the previous anonymous thinking that hopping the border from Mexico to the US is the same as going across from Japan to the US... there's this little thing called the Pacific Ocean in the way. Money only goes so far when you are talking about international paperwork. Also, there's the little matter of trying to remain discreet so the killers don't catch up with them. Throwing money around is more likely to attract attention in Japan than deter it.

Assuming this hunter organization isn't already connected in the US legal system, he *might* be able to get away with calling the ladies refugees seeking asylum, especially if they pretend to be from China or North Korea. You'd need political influence to push it through, but our MC has plenty of money to grease those wheels. That would get them legal ID's and at least a start on a Green Card. The trick is traversing several thousand miles of ocean covertly and landing in a place where he can start that process.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous