All Comments on 'Kitten's Trucking Adventure'

by The_Waterman

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I once knew a driver...

With similar tastes, and a willing unbelievable drop dead gorgeous co-driver. Always an adventure running convoy with him! With some of the tales I could tell from seeing it myself, I couldn't help but envy him more than other person I have ever known (I am much older now and) long retired from the professional tourist industry and that statement remains as true now as when I first had the realization.

Those were the days. I loved the out-law road warrior mentality and the fast women and faster trucks. Running in yet another convoy all of us on our own personal 'Shaky-Town Stroll' from deep within the South Eastern part of the good ole U S of A. Turn times out, was around 28-32 hours; back to the house in 7-9 days total. Maybe that much sleep the whole time while out. It was beautiful, it was fast trucks running as hard as the tires would allow and hold up to on desert asphalt so hot it would blister a man's bare foot in a second for as long as it took to get on across. It was games in pain, it was dangerous, it was drug-fueled. It was arguably the best days of my life.

I'm glad to have made it through and to be able to still tell the tales that these modern day "I went to truck driving school" type drivers believe couldn't have happened. Y'all believe what you will, some of us still KNOW, but have no compunction to attempt to convince YOU.

AnnalovesitAnnalovesitover 1 year ago

Just love the joy of the open road.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Waterman@The_Waterman
58 Followers
I'm an experienced man who has lived all over the world. I enjoy writing about my experiences, and hope they are enjoyed by all. I value feedback. Thank you all.