All Comments on 'Knife's Edge Pt. 02'

by DrHenderson

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJ29 days ago

Poor baby really should get therapy like Kurt suggested. He was definitely groomed like I thought he was in the 1st chapter.

JRSONJRSON28 days ago

Rubes is so broken by this twisted fuck AJ! I hate that he decided to go back to the hell he was trying to live in before that asshole kicked him out into the night!

I'm not sure if Joel is the person for him. But I am damn certain AJ is not, and will never be what he truly needs.

I see this sick relationship becoming even more toxic very quickly. I only hope before Rubes gets in deeper that he will think about what he had with Joel. It was so hot, and so caring. Joel showed him what someone that is not a total selfish stuck up prick could do easily offer him. He has something to compare now!

I feel bad for Joel, more than I do the other two. I think he has already fallen for Rubes, and has been holding back because he knew Rubes was not ready for anything more than occasional fuck buddy status.

I'm afraid this is going to get even more painful for Rubes, before he realizes he needs serious therapy to understand how truly fucked up he is. I only hope that when it all falls apart again, that Joel might be there to help him pick up the peces.

I hope for a HEA for Rubes. But there is no way he can have that with AJ. Maybe in time with Joel.

I cannot wait for the next chapter...

canndcannd28 days ago

Wow Joel doesn't mince words and i love it. Rubes needs to be away from that asshat aj and learn to live himself b4 he gets with anyone. He's a victim and aj sounds like a pedo. Notice he has a younger guy at the house. I don't get aj's motivation to keep him other than like joel said- for image.. hope he's sees sense..

Cane23Cane2328 days ago

"Call me when you find your self respect." So easy to say. Not that I justify Ruben's returning to AJ but he is systematically humiliated and manipulated that he cannot rebuild his self-respect by himself, he needs help. I hope that he will get out of that toxic relationship before it becomes really violent. He is going to need help from his friends, from his parents and Joel.

I'm not very fond of submissive relationship and jumping from one such relationship to another doesn't look like healing. Nevertheless, we can see that Joel has respect for Ruben, so, seems that he will put Ruben's pleasure equally important as his own.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I love Dr Henderson stories! So realistic

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

AJ is toxic, manipulative and dangerous. Ruben has a long way to go but it's important that he has seen a glimpse of what a respectful relationship could look like. He also has caring friends that he can rely on and parents that seem to be there for him. Joel is not afraid to express what he feels and wants whilst being very respectful of Ruben.

Dr Henderson, great to see you back here and thank you for yet another addictive story! I love that your characters are always so relatable, flawed and insecure and, well...human and how you make us care for them, as if they were our friends. I can't wait for the next chapter(s)!

mislaidthoughtsmislaidthoughts26 days ago

Yikes! This chapter was so sweet until that gut punch at the end. I like Joel a lot, and Kurt too. I get the feeling Joel is a lot more into Rueben than Rueben realizes. It's hard to read from the perspective of a character that's been so severly mistreated that his self esteem is so low. He struggles so much to take a compliment. At the same time, I like that it doesn't present itself in every facet of his life. He's charismatic at work and can lead a full team to create a sucessful business - he can analyze what's wrong with the band and boss them around a bit. I've really grown to care about him and all his complexities.

It makes sense that Rueben's gone back - he seems to struggle with change and unpredictability, and it can be easier to stay with what's familiar even if it's terrible. AJ really did a number on him. I shudder to think of AJ abusing another child like he did with Rueben. It angers me how people like AJ get away with these kinds of things. I just hope Rueben finds it in himself to end it. Excited to read the rest!

jroseemijroseemi25 days ago

Ahhhhh, this chapter is ripping me apart. Feeling like he might be free of AJ, and now AJ is circling back around after realizing there is no one home to take care of everything. He's so fucking skeezy. The fact that he's talking about a child. Did he knock someone up and now needs Rube around the raise the kid? I'm so scared for Rube!

dnsontndnsontn24 days ago

So much to take in! I do think I heard someone say that they hate unhappy endings…

Deepreader123Deepreader12321 days ago

You're a very good storyteller and I am fully engrossed, to the point that I want to ring AJ's neck just to keep that groomer a-hole away from Reuben.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous