Knight in Shining Armour

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think it would be good for the hotel to have a dog and even if I don't have the time to walk him occasionally there are enough secure hotel grounds for him to explore on his own. Apparently he's fine with cats, so maybe I could bring him with me when I come to see you but only if Ceefa agrees of course, otherwise I'll get Jake or one of the crew to take care of him for me."

Sarah put Scrappy, who was wagging furiously as if he was fully aware of everything I'd just said, down on the ground and threw her arms around my neck, kissing me so thoroughly my knees were weak. In fact she only stopped when Scrappy whined at being left out of the action, so we both gave him a big fuss and walked back to my jeep, where he jumped straight in without a moment's hesitation and sat on the backseat wagging his stumpy tail.

After a quick dive back into the shelter office to collect a box of doggy essentials they'd put together for me, we were off home. I opened the back door of the car and Scrappy jumped down and sat waiting patiently as we gathered the box and headed inside, where he took one look at the sofa and made himself instantly comfortable and fell asleep.

Laughing, I turned to find Sarah standing there looking at me curiously, so I took her into my arms and tried to hug her but she pushed me away gently.

"You did that for me didn't you? It hadn't even occurred to you to have a dog but you got him because you knew I was upset about how he'd been abused?"

"Uh yeah..." I was starting to think I'd done something wrong.

"Why would you do that? You've only known me for a few weeks."

"I really do like dogs and I genuinely think he'll have a good life here and I wanted to do something special for you. I'm sorry if.."

"Andi, dogs can live a long time; does this mean you see us having a future together?"

This time she let me pull her into my arms.

"Sarah I can honestly say that before I met you, I had never met anyone that I wanted to be in an actual relationship with. Since I've met you I can't get you out of my head. If I'm food shopping and considering items to buy I always wonder if it's something you like to eat; when I'm relaxing on my own I'm wondering what you're doing at home; I have to stop myself from calling you a hundred times a day, just because I want to hear your voice; I miss you like crazy when we're not together. Yes, I do hope we have a future together and I really hope you feel the same way?"

She didn't answer in words, she just kissed me so thoroughly that I was left in no doubt and our hands were just starting to wander when we were distracted by Scrappy barking. When we looked, he was staring at Sarah's handbag and barking at it as if something had offended him, so she opened her bag and laughed when she realised it had been her phone vibrating in her bag that had annoyed the dog.

She gave me a weak smile as she dialled in to receive the message, putting it on speaker so we could both hear.

"Hi, um Sarah it's mum. I, um, well I wanted to say how glad I am that you contacted me; I wasn't sure you would but I hoped. I don't have long now but I can get away tomorrow evening if you're free? Just let me know where to meet you. Ok, well goodbye for now and please thank Andi for passing my message on."

"If tomorrow is too soon Babe you can always delay it until you're ready?"

"No, I think it's better to get it over and done with and as I will be here anyway it's perfect timing."

We agreed that she would text her mum and ask her to meet us in the hotel bar at 6.30pm as she would be less likely to cause a scene in a public place. The call had put Sarah into an understandably pensive mood and had killed any passionate thoughts that we'd had but we still had a pleasant evening snuggled on the sofa with Scrappy, watching TV.

When we went to bed Scrappy tried to join us but I pointed to the bed I had placed on the floor for him and he obediently jumped in, turned around several times and settled down to sleep. Sarah and I climbed into bed and she snuggled tightly against my side, one leg thrown over mine and her head in the crook of my shoulder.

"You know he's amazingly well behaved for a rescue dog, it's like he understand every word we say and is happy to comply because he's knows he's safe now."

"I know Andi, he hasn't even chewed any of the toys you bought for him. I understand where he's coming from though, I feel safe when I'm with you too." And with that Sarah yawned, snuggled even tighter against me and was asleep within seconds.

Monday morning came too soon for my liking and I had a busy schedule for the first part of the day, so I slipped out of bed at 6am, leaving Sarah snoring gently. Even Scrappy raised his head slightly, opened one eye and then went back to sleep.

Having showered, I took some clothes into the kitchen so I could get dressed without waking Sarah while I was making a cup of tea and some toast. I had just slipped into a pair of shorts and a polo shirt when I heard a strange whimpering sound which made me jump, until I remembered that I now had a dog, who was standing by the back door obviously in need of relieving himself. Having opened the door, I watched him do his business and wander around my small private garden, inspecting and sniffing everything. I had to admit that I was already really attached to the little fella; he'd had such a tough start in life but he didn't seem at all nervous or emotionally scarred -- in fact he seemed like one of the most stable and best behaved dogs I'd ever seen, despite the fact that he really didn't know me yet.

Once the tea and toast was made, I called him and he came bounding back to the doorway, wagging furiously and licking my hand. I carried a tray through to the bedroom and set it down before encouraging the dog to jump up onto the bed to search for Sarah. Once again the hound knew what I wanted and he immediately started digging into the covers until he could get to Sarah's face and he covered her in sloppy doggy kisses until she woke up squealing.

"Don't you laugh Miss Stevens! You made him do that didn't you?" She was trying to sound stern but I could see the twinkle in her eyes and hear the laughter trying to break free.

"I thought you liked being woken up with kisses?"

"I do, but I prefer them from you!" and she pulled me down beside her so that she could claim my mouth with hers. I would happily have climbed back into bed with her but duty was calling, so I handed her the tea and toast and took Scrappy back into the kitchen to feed him. Again I was amazed -- there was no barking and even when I put the bowl down in front of him, he looked at me as if waiting for permission to eat, waiting for me to nod before sticking his nose into the bowl and hoovering every last morsel.

I walked back into the bedroom to find Sarah laying down with her eyes closed but she was smiling, so I was pretty sure she was awake.

"Hey you, I'm sorry but I need to head out now but I'll pop back in a couple of hours. Do you want me to leave Scrappy here with you or shall I take him with me and introduce him to the gang?

"How about you leave him with me and I'll bring him over with me in a couple of hours and we can sit on the terrace outside the restaurant and have coffee?"

"Sounds perfect!" and I bent down to kiss her but before I had the chance, she brought her hand from beneath the covers and stuck two of her fingers into my mouth, making me groan at the unmistakable flavour of aroused woman. No wonder she was smiling!

"Just so you know, doggy kisses might wake me up but that is what your kisses do to me. Thought you'd like something to remember me by when you're working."

I kissed her again and practically ran from the room while I still had a scrap of self-control left, because all of a sudden my impending meeting with a possible new butcher for the restaurant didn't seem very important at all!

My day was speeding by and I had lost track of time when one of my staff told me that Sarah was sitting outside waiting for me. I wandered through the restaurant and stopped to admire the view before I walked through the door into the outside seating area. Sarah was sat at a small table scribbling notes onto a pad. She was wearing a short, colourful, strappy sun dress that left her arms and shoulders virtually naked and she looked absolutely beautiful sat there in the sunshine, with Scrappy completing the picture of domestic bliss, sprawled out next to her in the shade of the table. An uncustomary wave of self-doubt washed over me as I recognised that this was what I wanted on a full time basis and I wondered if I could actually pull this relationship stuff off; could I actually achieve a lasting, loving partnership with someone like Sarah.

Shaking myself from my reverie I walked through the door and Scrappy's tail thumping against the leg of the table alerted Sarah to my presence; the smile on her face as she looked up making all my fears disappear in an instant.

We chatted aimlessly while we had coffee but I could tell that Sarah had something she wanted to say. Eventually she took her sunglasses off and looked me straight in the eyes, a sign I had come to recognise that she was about to say something very earnest.

"You know, I don't want to interfere or anything but can I offer you some advice?"

This sounded ominous but I nodded and waited for her to continue.

"How many restaurant customers do you have that aren't staying here at the hotel?"

"I'm not sure exactly. We get quite a few bookings for birthdays and special occasions and we are open to everyone but I guess about seventy percent of our covers are for guests. Why do you ask?"

"I couldn't help noticing that you actually have a really nice menu and your chef is competent. You do a full breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner service, as well as afternoon teas, so you must always be paying staff to be available, even if the dining room is empty. If you marketed the restaurant better to external customers, you would get a much better return on your investment in staff."

She was absolutely right of course. I admitted that it was something that I'd intended to look into but never really gotten around to it. She wasn't finished yet though.

"I was also having a look around earlier while I was waiting to meet with you. What's the big barn like building over there?" and she pointed over to a large, brick outbuilding on the other side of the plot.

"The hotel used to be a farm back in the day and that was indeed a barn originally. It was a mess when I took the hotel over but I got as far as gutting it and repairing the roof but then couldn't decide what to do with it, so I use it for storage mainly."

"I couldn't see much through the window but it looks like a decent size. You could turn it into a function suite, a meeting venue or even a live music place if you could get the right licenses."

"I already have the right licenses and the insurance in place, as it covers the whole property and grounds, it's just inspiration that I'm lacking. I have to get back to work for a while but remind me tomorrow and I'll take you over there if you'd like a look? It sounds like you have some great ideas and I'd value your input."

At about five o-clock I wandered back into my apartment to be greeted by a very waggy dog and some delicious smells coming from the kitchen, which I gravitated toward. Sarah was standing stirring something on the stove top, humming to herself as she worked.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" and I planted a kiss on the side of her neck, taking a deep breath of her scent as I did so and instantly feeling good about life.

"You really are corny, you know that?" but she grinned and kissed me in a way that told me that she liked corny just fine. "Nothing fancy, just bolognaise. If you're ready to eat I'll pop some pasta on and cook some garlic bread?"

I thought Sarah might be a bundle of nerves about meeting her mum but she seemed calm, so I asked her how she was feeling and was assured that she was nervous but that she found cooking relaxing, so she was managing to stay grounded.

Dinner, as ever when Sarah cooked, was totally scrumptious but by the time we'd loaded the dishwasher it was time to head over to the hotel to meet her mum and I could see the tremble in her hands. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly to my chest, kissing the top of her head.

"However this pans out; whether you want to take things forward with your mum or you need her thrown out of the hotel on her arse, I am right behind you all the way Babe. Do you want me to be right there with you or do you want me to loiter nearby in case you need me?"

"I want you right by my side holding my hand the whole time if that's ok?"

A quick kiss sealed the deal and we strolled over to the bar hand in hand, got a bottle of wine and three glasses and found a quiet table in a corner of the bar where we could talk without interruptions.

Not long after we had sat down Carol walked into the bar, looking around nervously. I stood and waved and she walked over to where we were both now standing, took a deep breath and looked down at the floor, obviously unsure of how to start. Sarah took the bull by the horns though.

"It's good to see you mum, I really mean that, but if this is another attempt to drag me back from the dark side then you need to know right now that it is futile."

Carol looked up, unshed tears making her eyes sparkle and for a moment the two of them shared one of those eye to eye moments before Carole spoke.

"Honestly Sarah, I don't care that you're gay. I admit that it was a shock at first but I've had lots of time to think about it and I've done a fair amount of research too. I understand that you are who you are, that your sexuality isn't a choice, so no -- I didn't come here to spout fire and brimstone at you.

I came to apologise for being such a dreadful mother to you and to tell you that I love you and I always will."

At that point the flood gates opened for both of them and they clung to each other like their lives depended on it. Watching such a tender scene made my heart swell and I could feel my own tears threatening to break free but I was saved when Sarah pulled back, pecked her mum on the cheek and motioned her into a chair.

There were lots more apologies and a whole lot more tears over the next hour and one thing that Carol made perfectly clear was that Sarah's dad would go ballistic if he ever found out she'd been in touch.

"Mum, Andi told me that dad had been violent toward you."

Carol looked deeply ashamed but she met Sarah's eyes and nodded. "It isn't a regular thing but yes; the kind, caring man I married has turned into a man who scares me. I don't dare disagree with him on many topics but any criticism of his interpretation of religion is sure to set him off and I'm afraid your lifestyle falls into that category."

Carol then changed the subject to less controversial topics and the two of them spent a while catching up on family gossip, as it seemed that Carol had been distanced from most of her family by her husband's behaviour. It also seemed like she'd had enough of it and I couldn't help wondering if this reunion was her starting to assert her independence but I didn't feel it was my place to ask.

I did broach the question with Sarah later on though when we were sprawled in bed, basking in a post coital glow.

"I don't know but I seriously hope so. To be honest, I can't imagine why she's stayed with him as long as she has but I guess if the changes happen slowly, then it's an insidious thing that creeps up on you and suddenly you feel trapped?"

They had agreed to meet again, although no date had been set and I for one was over the moon that Sarah had her mum back, although for some reason I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Sarah and I fell into an easy routine over the next few weeks and fortunately, after a very careful introduction, Ceefa and Scrappy seemed perfectly at home with each other, so we were able to split our time between the hotel and Sarah's house, depending on what we were up to with work. In fact as I lay in bed waiting for Sarah to emerge from the bathroom one Saturday morning, I realised that we hadn't gone for longer than 24 hours without seeing each other for about three weeks and only then because Sarah had to go away on a work trip for a couple of days.

I marvelled at how natural it now felt to spend all my free time in her company and wondered why I'd always shied away from relationships before. Maybe it was just because I hadn't met the right person?

Sarah and her mum had met several times, sometimes with me tagging along and sometimes on their own and all seemed to be going swimmingly, except that the last time, Carol had been wearing a long sleeved blouse on one of the hottest days of summer, which made Sarah worry that her dad had been violent again and she was hiding bruises. She also mentioned that her mum seemed to be

getting suspicious of the "church business" that her dad kept going away on but didn't want to bring it up as his absences facilitated Carol's freedom to see Sarah.

I had been putting a lot of thought into my relationship with Sarah recently. I knew the next step in most relationships was to move in together but I was struggling to see how that would work. Sarah had her beautiful cottage that I would happily live in, except that it was too far away from the hotel to accommodate the early mornings / late nights that the hospitality industry often required. Somehow I just couldn't see Sarah giving up her home to come and live with me in my small apartment, so my thoughts kept going around in circles with no resolution in sight.

My ruminations were abruptly halted however, as Sarah walked back into the bedroom wearing nothing but a smile; her hips swaying enticingly as she walked. She stopped at the foot of the bed, took hold of the covers and snatched them away, leaving me laying there as naked as she was, wearing nothing but a smile.

She crawled up the bed like a panther stalking its prey and I'd never been happier to be on the menu. She kissed her way up my legs and I could feel her hard nipples dragging along my skin as she ascended. Usually Sarah liked to tease, so I fully expected her to bypass my sex completely, so I stretched my arms down in an attempt to pull her into an embrace so that I could kiss her but on this occasion the little minx went straight in for the kill.

In one swift movement she evaded my grasp, pinned my legs to the bed and started thrashing my clit with her tongue. In no time at all she had me calling out her name as a powerful orgasm tore through me, making her pause for just long enough for me to flip her onto her back, my mouth finding hers in a fiery kiss.

Our time was interrupted by the ringing of my mobile. I tried to ignore it but when Sarah's phone also started ringing we both gave up and reached for the phones to shut them off, but when we saw who was calling, we both ended up answering.

"This better be important Jake, I was just about to tuck into breakfast." And I winked at Sarah but she was too pre-occupied to notice, as her mum was on the other end of her phone line.

"I'm sorry sis but we have an awkward situation here and I thought I better check with you. Sarah's mum has turned up saying she needs a room but she hasn't got any kind of cash or bank card on her to make the deposit with -- what do you want me to do?"

"Book her in and don't worry about the payment. Sarah is on the phone with her now so we'll sort everything out. Oh and Jake ... Make a note on her booking that deposit or not, she can charge anything she likes to her room. I have a feeling we'll be heading over shortly, so keep her happy until we get there ok?"

1...345678