All Comments on 'Know Thy Self, know Thy Enemy'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

Not a lot of Sympathy for a slut wife .. I had a really good Slut wife . ?? ..No one wants or needs a Slut for a wife

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

What did the asshole expect when called the guy Jimmie? Too bad he couldn't back up his mouth and let the guy kick his ass. And the wife? What piece of work - of course she deserved the right to fuck the asshole right?

mmbny47mmbny47over 3 years ago

Simple! You want to play, you have to pay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

ten stars... really enjoyed the story.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

the wife clearly had no respect for the hubby, and what kind of person was she to let the lover goad the hubby in his own house. that is clearly disrespectful and deserves all the punishment coming.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

I would really like to know, if the lover killed himself. Was he really the coward and killed himself?

How reacted her friends and family to her disrespect and affair?

Did she ever feel sorry for it or take any responsibility?

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

Nice story, I imagine if any of the RAAC cucky boys read this, they'd be in the fetal position afterwards...

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Majuro is a shit hole. Truly. But it's about as far away as you can get from wherever you are.

.

GREAT story!!!

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 3 years ago
MURDER OR SUICIDE?

I'm still right at the start of the story but there is already evidence that Pratt's death was not suicide. Any good detective could tell immediately that the bullet trajectory from front-right temple to below and forward of the left ear is much more in keeping with right-handed person standing next to the deceased at the time of death (and I'm assuming the deceased was already sitting, which is why they found him slumped over his desk). The standing person would be shooting slightly downwards which would be the natural position, whereas a suicide would normally have the bullet trajectory going from either almost horizontally to any angle upwards.

~

Give it a try - imagine a gun in your right hand and then position your hand so that the trajectory matches the one in Pratt's death, and you will find the position very unnatural and a little awkward. Hell, I'm starting to sound like those gun folk who love going into detail about how a story sucks because the weapon description is wrong, or the bullet size doesn't match the gun, etc. Sorry, will try harder next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One for the trolls.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

2nd read and an obvious so obvious stupidly missed fact at the onset of this story. What was the GSR measurement on Dan's shooting hand/hands? The gun was wiped only one set of prints - no gun ownership disclosed. But routine for probable suicide is shooting had GSR or not making it murder. This is so fundamental to any shooting investigation but not in this story making a trumped up drama.

/

As far as Jim Scott, salutes for him. His Ex does deserve more crap for the blatant disrespect, humiliation, and contempt she threw in Jim's face.

/

was a 4* but now 3* due to above, Hooyah....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too many unanswered questions. I’m not sure if the story is finished or not. Should I be looking for chapter 2?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some levels of disrespect deserve death. Some even deserve a long and painful one.

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Excellent story, dark but well worth the read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

There ought to always be a cost imposed for taking the fruit from another man's garden... Fuck Dan Pratt.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

A near perfect summary of the legal, justice, and penal system in our country as related to infidelity and it's ramifications.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Wonderful

I wonder how many postcards he'll have to send, before she takes Dan's cowardly cue?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story line. Well done. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the dialog with the police. Classic.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Amazing BTB, great story, awesome writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good

Covered shit society does to faithful spouse.

Etc etc

CamdudeCamdudeover 1 year ago

5 stars-great story!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

This is one of my new favorite stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the top 3 BTB stories I have ever read here. Bravo!!! Love Jim reignite her fear when she's started to feel safe again.

Bill669JBill669Jover 1 year ago

Good story. Revenge is getting extreme though

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

Ahh … fantasies are great diversions from the reality of life. Grudges and revenge are undervalued in society today.

Very enjoyable read . 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story that is so realistic its scary. Jim beat Dan he went prison for it. Dan got shot dead and with no evidence Jim cant be put away. Dan got what he deserved but Kate needs a harsh lesson too. Extreme revenge for Extreme betrayal.

Very Enjoyable Very Realistic Read . 5/5

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

That's the way to do it 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jim has a way of making a point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The writing's quite good, covers Writers' Workshop criteria very well.

Any way you look at it, though, the creativity of the plotline rests upon one singular fact--Jim Scott was a psychotic personality whose judgement had gone from "impaired" (as he learned of his wife's affair)--to essentially non-existent by the time of his physical attack upon his wife's lover (Dan). The recitation of events from start to finish lacked any sense of drama--and eroticism was totally missing. I'm reminded of the monologues of Sgt. Joe Friday of the old TV series Dragnet-; this story was about as interesting as reading a recipe out of a Betty Crocker cookbook.

But hey! You wrote the recipe with competence. So keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very good story. With a deep message.

A study in contrasts between a man who was PERFECTLY honest (perhaps on the spectrum) and a civilization that is not any longer (if it ever was). Jim Scott kept his word at great personal price. His wife did not. And the culture he was in is dishonest, in that the marriage "contract" is a contract no longer. Predation and breach of contract are not punished by the legal system.

To pick a nit with the prior Anon - Jim Scott was ***not*** "psychotic" in any way. Psychosis (which a person identified as psychotic is affected by) is the difficulty or inability to identify reality. Jim Scott perfectly identified objective reality in many, many ways. He correctly identified Pratt as a sexual predator. Jim Scott correctly identified his wife as Pratt's target. Jim Scott correctly identified Pratt as Scott's enemy. Jim Scott correctly identified that the legal system was not on his side.

So he took what are, TODAY, extralegal actions , to whit retaliation, to end the affair. And he even warned Pratt that involving the legal system would result in further retaliation. While in jail, Jim Scott never denied his actions. As such, his grasp of reality was unwavering.

That Jim Scott's behavior was atavistic was never indicative of a psychosis. In many thousands of years of history, his behavior would be perfectly acceptable. Code Duello persisted for a very long time precisely because in the absence of police forces, it was far more functional than families feuding for decades. And with the breakdown of integrity and the end of "shame" as a behavioral control -- to say nothing of various perversions in the so-called "legal" system that actively rewards or dismisses misbehavior -- code duello is likely to return. The problem with the loss of "justice" in the system is that people begin to create their own forms of justice -- thus the lesson.

Really enjoyed it. Not so much for the specific actions Jim Scott took than for his steadfastness and honesty. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

In Early Modern English, THY is to THINE as A is to AN.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Great story and the revenge that just keeps on giving. I was satisfied with the way things turned out with the exception of the very last part. Kate didn't get off scot-free, she lost all her personal items, her money and lost her lover. Guless that's not enough to satisfy her ex though. I bet she wet her panties when she read that card lol.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Anonymous from 7 months ago (code duello mentioned) is on point. Society’s legal system doesn’t appear to value the institution of marriage, infidelity to the ‘contract’ is of no import in a no fault world.

Where does the male go for redress / legal remedy where a predatory seducer of married women has fouled his marriage? Yes the wife was co-responsible, but the Dan character was a determined seducer - with a smirk! What remedy was there for Jim for the wilful damage done to him .. it was emotional as opposed to a financial loss so no ‘civil’ law damages remedy exists (on the face of it .. but the financial consequences would have followed in the ordinary course of a divorce, maintenance/alimony even absent kids, but that wouldn’t be Dan’s liability or actionable against him) alienation of affection suits are judicially worthless even where they are still permitted. What Dan did was not a criminal offence so there are no remedies there.

So what’re the options .. walk away, turn the other cheek? .. even where the smirking shyster has turned up to attempt to publicly humiliate you at your company event … grrrrrr, .. meekly accept such provocations without response? .. nope not happening; beat the sleazy bugger senseless? .. aye, that’s the old fashioned way, and none would have said Dan’s conduct didn’t bloody merit it (until recently!).

5* … Jim

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Holly crap that’s one bad ass dude. Luckily he is in the marshal islands

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 2 months ago

Oliver Wendell Homes said that This is a court of law and not a court of Justice.

Justice has no place in our courts. That has to change and it's not going to change by electing attorneys to political office.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm worried about the morality of my actions, not the legality.

fredbrownfredbrownabout 1 month ago

In my view Dan bought trouble - but - there were other ways for him to get it, and without Jim earning a jail sentence. Jim has the money, a few thou in the right places could buy Danny boy a future with zero gonads and wouldn't that be enjoyable to Scotty - if not Dan and Kate ......

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Despite what someone commented, Jim was NEVER "psychotic." His grasp on reality was never impaired at all, thus the word "psychotic" never fit.

.

That his actions once he CORRECTLY assessed what that reality was might be different that what others think might be called atavistic in the societal sense (a throwback to an earlier time). Actions that persisted for millenia, until Code Duello replaced vendetta, and then the advent in the 18th century of the "police force" as a profession (other than tax-collector).

.

And as we drift away from a shared moral structure, and our multi-tiered system of "justice" continue to fracture, I expect to see Code Duello, or Vendetta to return. Sadly, there is far too much historical narcissism today, thinking that because "it's been that way all my life" must mean "that's how it's always been."

.

The modern western civilization (which more people should seriously study) was built on shared values and high trust, enforced as needed by a corresponding legal system fairly applied. That in some (most?) places, the marriage contract has become one of the few contracts that the courts refuse to enforce is to the detriment of marriage. Jim's actions were quite simple: Steal and pay the consequences. While there are many things one could call that philosophy, "psychotic" does not fit.

Thanks for an excellent look into an alternate viewpoint.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Utterly fantastic story! Not only did the cheaters get theirs but with one gone now the hubby can concentrate on his ex-wife. I'm glad this is a fiction because there are several things a person could use in Jim Scott's case if they were in that situation. ahhh, as they say: "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!" lol

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Good one, a bit unclear to me as to how long after Jim was released did Pratt die.. Maybe should read it again some day.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous