All Comments on 'Know Thyself'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No Title

What an amazing story, travelogue, sexlogue ( I know, spelt differently ).

Actually, a very in depth, well thought out and engrossing story.

5* x10

My thanks.....

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Good story but I wish you had released it in multiple parts.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

Such a fantastic story! Your writing is brilliant. I loved every single sentence.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 4 years ago

Very sweet ending! I love how the character grows and his adventures were fun to follow.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Realistic character development and good pacing. Five stars for sure.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
A little to close to home

I too am a reformed asshole only I discovered it way too late in life. I really enjoyed this story from that aspect. The first three pages had me tearing up. The story read easily and was quite entertaining. A 5 Star Rating.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 4 years ago
Fabulous

What a great read. Realistic characters and nice development. Loved this!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Very good story

Glad he chose the easy one who fucked him day one rather than the two who wanted to fuck him while he was married. He was a management consultant who needed a consultant to guide him in his personal life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I lost it with the two “i” girls

I realize that this is all fantasy but two nineteen year old girls going after a man in his late forties was just too much. Nineteen year olds would be saying “like, eww” when thinking about sleeping with a man that “old.”

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 4 years ago

A good exploration of a man's late-season growth, and how hope and love can always flourish. Enjoyed this thoroughly - I too have traveled around the world and it brought back some wonderful memories for me.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Things we are not taught.

Great story about a wake up call. Us men were basically raised to grow up become a man get married and provide for the family, We become to task oriented. We go to work come take care business and go back to work and take care of business.

Most of us are not taught about loving and caring and feeling. Only in later years to we realize what it takes to really be a good husband and person. That's where this man was, but he woke up before it was to late. Good story good writing happy ending!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Nice story about reclaiming one’s self. Well done, it was as introspective as it needed to be.

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Great Story

This story is great. It tragedy, love, adventure, etc... Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It was a long travel story about the various women a middle aged man had sex with under the guise of personal growth. It was interesting in parts, redundant in others and obvious personal fantasy as well (two 19 year olds? Lol) it was a fine story.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago

Three queries.Why did his wife stay with him for so long?.What happened to the driver who killed her,he never got mentioned nor did any compensation?.If he was such an arsehole how come he had friends around the world?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So, he could afford to fly first class around the world, but quibbled about an "expensive Uber"

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Wonderful Story! Author is very talented. I can see this story and others he's written become novels. Again, another 5 BIG FAT SHINNY STARS!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. The storyline was so enjoyable to read, the MC who basically was narcistic asshole who finally realized that he was the problem. It took his wife dying a tragic death tobrought bring him to the realization he needed to change if he ever wanted to win his family back. The ending was great as he found a new love and a family who again loved him. Well done 5+++++stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Angie just pitching up at Caleb's house was a disappointment in the story which was going good by then!!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Dont

Don't accept an arsehole like him can change overnight.If he was such an arsehole,his kids would be forever telling him and his wife would have left him years before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story thank you I'm really enjoying most of your stories I've read so far

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars! Again. Very well-written. Thanks for sharing.

G

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very well written story. It’s just hard to believe that a person who had been an asshole practically his entire adult life could change like he did or even see the need to. I read the first two pages and then skipped to the last page because I saw what was coming. Again you are an excellent writer and I’ve enjoyed all of your stories so far. Just couldn’t get into this one. LM

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

SIMILAR Stories