All Comments on 'Knowing Dana'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
FazilKotukFazilKotukalmost 17 years ago
Honest and real.

No, she didn't follow the rules, but she is human. Like Paul in a certain other story, she is tired of a life of quiet desperation. Rail against the adultery all that you want. No one is saying that infidelity is the best solution or first resort. But it is often the first step out the door. Dana is not evil. She is just tired of being ignored, like Stacey in another story.

She's tired of being dismissed or taken for granted, like Paul. Both men and women feel that way at times, and they don't always make the choices that society condones. But when you have one foot out the door, the wedding vows aren't going to matter as much, and why should they? It's the past, and you're already thinking of the future.

FazilKotukFazilKotukalmost 17 years ago
Hey, before you call someone a whore, try and....

....know something about them first. This is a story, for one thing. Secondly, it's about someone with one foot out of the door. She's already wanting to leave in this story, as you could tell if you read this. She isn't cheating to be mean or unfair. She's just tired. I've written about both men and women in such a state, and I wouldn't classify either as "whores".

Relax, it's a story. If everyone in every story always did the morally unquestionable, literature (not to mention erotica) would get quite dull, I assure you. Stories need conflict, which requires some moral dilemmas at times. Get over it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Loving Wives

That’s what the category’s title says. Now all to often in these comments folks who scream about the content of some of the stories don’t seem to understand those two words. They will analyse a stories contents and criticise if it doesn’t meet their interpretation of that category title.

But take a little closer look it, it definitely says “Loving Wives”; it says nothing about whom those wives are loving. To my mind too many folks think they are reading a category named “Wives Loving Husbands!”

Sorry Red, but that’s a point that has been bugging me for a long time now.

Your tale made me smile, as usual. I don’t take life, or myself, half as seriously as some of these folks.

DC

BardicheBardichealmost 17 years ago
Hmm

To the anonymous who call the author a whore and that her stories are sick. It must be your imagination that is sick or you just haven't read the stories by this author. She are one of the best writers here in my opinion.

Don't listen to the jerks Red. Keep writing your stuff.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
A sad story.

The marriage was to end because of such a major difference in sex drives.. Maybe that guy shoulda been born with a bottle of Viagra.. He didn't have much of a sex drive, did he?? It's a good sex story but not a love story.. Too bad it was illicit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Any woman with any love for her husband would

leave him first then pursue her affairs. This one is just another piece of trash being a slut. Hopefully hubby finds out and causes both of them severe pain. Seducing married women is also adultry even if you arent married yourself. Mature adults know how to control themselves this female doesnt she if very immature and self centered. One might say mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
As Told By A Slut

Why is it when you read a story about a cheating slut wife,who feels that she has good and just reasons to cheat on her husband and kids,a woman is the author?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Backstory

The worst thing that an author can do to a reader is to bore him. There was so much set up, so much explanation as to why she cheated that I was completely turned off to this story. Especially since this marriage could be fixed one way or another if they just sat down and talked. Just as she is unsatisfied with this marriage, I'm sure the husband is too - so she can get a freaking divorce and go on her merry way, fucking around with predatory cyber lovers who will feed the ego of any woman to get their nuts off. readers.

Why did this heroine cheat? Easy, because the marriage was dead. Because she did not love him. And maybe (for all we know) he didn't love her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Story created by odd backstory

"but after Dana gave birth to her second child she lost the urge ... and over time she knew it was taking a toll on her marriage. So she went to her husband and told him she wanted counseling. He rolled his eyes and told her they didn't need it."

Huh?

Before this we are told that they are incredibly sexually compatible and active and then suddenly, after the birth of the second child, they stop. He has been going without sex from his wife for ... who knows probably six months or more ... and when he's told that there's something he can do to have sex again he says, "No thanks."

This is the kind of backstory that could make for an interesting tale ... providing we follow the interesting thread and we have realistic characters. Given this set-up, this nonsensical reaction from the husband, why does the wife just go ho-hum and force herself to have sex?

Later we're told this goes on for two years and then husband starts working swing shifts. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Look, the thing is that this wife is imperfect. Yes, unfaithful. So what? Why do I care? People cheat every day and sometimes for no other reason than they have a spare hour.

So if this is a pure sex story, what you would do is take out the justifications, amp up the sex, and put it in erotic couplings. If it's a loving wife story you could deal with more realistic aspects, the decision to cheat, the recriminations, the consequences, the impact on the family.

Or if you want to create a genre piece make her a flaming slut wife.

The woman decides to cheat because it's the path of least resistance. Just, okay, this marriage isn't great, my husband's working swing shifts and hunting when he isn't, and since there are people on the internet who will have sex with anyone so why not.

Dana's sleepwalking through her choices in the story and consequently the reader is as well.

Instead let the character be unrestrained in her licenciousness, guilt, misery, love or disdain for her husband and lover. If the only working part is the sex then it's not much of a story.

Still, I appreciate the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Why?????

A wife that becomes addicted to porno on the computer and then wants her husband to accept it is asking for trouble. She made her bed, so she can now live in it. I just hope that all of her lying and the breaking of marriage vows is worth it to her. She acts like a nymphomaniac that cannot get enough sex. She should leave her hope giving up her kids and her husband with a no contest divorce and start hanging around on street corners.

Since she is not wealthy and does not have a job, she should think about who pays for everything including her weekend away with her lover, her computer, her ISP and the roof over her head. Then she should make a rational decision about a divorce or not. If her husband gets the goods on her, he should try to get custody of the children and not have to pay alimony and sue the her lover for alienation of affection. If she gets visitation rights, he can ask the judge that they me limited and monitored. It will serve the cheating slut right and she is now a cheater and once a cheater always a cheater. She will do it again, just give her time and enough rope to hang herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
What a waste of time!

This story is almost laughable! the characters and plot are a joke! And the explanations on why everything is happening is inane and very boring. Plus any story that starts with a disclaimer is a tell tale sign that even the author lacks confidence in the work. It's a complete waste of time for the reader as well as the "writer" to look at this mess!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
This is about the weakest excuse

a wife can have for cheating. "My husband will not fuck my asshole" Did she ever think that he might not like the smell of shit on his cock? Did she take multiple enemas before asking him to fuck her there? The ass is for expelling shit only. It can be used for sex when a wife get

s so stretched out from fucking big cocks that her husband has to fuck her there to feel anything close to tightness. Is this her problem or is she just still fixiated in the anal stage of life that she should have grown out of by the time she was three... You miserable excuse of a writer. Your story stunk enen though you tried to dress it up with the cleaver use of itallics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
This story could be me

I loved this story and I hated it because it was mine and my husbands story...minus the affairs, online or otherwise. Like the woman in this story after the birth of our second child I lost all interest in sex...nothing my husband would do could get the juices flowing (thankGod for K-Y) and one every few weeks I would put up with having sex for his sake. I was fortunate because even though he didn't understand, he never pressured me into doing anything or tried to make me feel bad for my inability. He always said that he would rather be with me once in a blue moon than not at all. Don't get me wrong, before our chihldren we would fuck like bunnies...afterwork, after dinner, watching a movie, going to bed, getting dressed and one time when I bent over to put my shoes on. What happened? I don't know; but about 3 years later it was *BAM* I had to have him and when he got home, the kids were at my mothers and I wore a dress that covered next to nothing. Let's just say that things are...improving. But I love my husband and I know that he loves me.

Skip1934aSkip1934aalmost 17 years ago
Read the disclaimer, guys

If you read the story after seeing the disclaimer, don't fault the author for your disappointment. You should have passed on the story if it's not your cup of tea. Keep writing, Red. You're a wonderful storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not So, Skippy

<p>We get to read these "stories" AND comment on them whether you want us to or not. Comment Nazis shouldn't be named "Skippy" so choose another anonymous nicky name, okay? For instance, I don't think the nick "Himmler" is being used right now. lol </p>

<p>As far as this story was concerned, I think the writer is developing a little technical skill with making her characters come to life. More emotional context would improve the prose considerably. Most of the emotion in this story is implied rather than a key component. The biggest problem that keeps this writer from connecting with readers is the poor story line chosen. Ol' Red thinks there ARE good reasons for a cheating wife to do what she does and that just isn't EVER going to go over well with discerning readers. Sad for writers of this kind of sophistry, most readers of erotica maintain a certain level of integrity that precludes accepting cheating as a permissible activity on the part of a spouse. I wonder if Ol’ Red will ever get the message?</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
not so skippy answer

dear "anonymous in the united states"

please don't use the Nazis in this context - they killed millions of people, the readers here didnt, they just express their meanings, something you couldn't do in the years of the Nazi-regime. Heinrich Luitpold Himmler was head of the Schutzstaffel (SS) - one of the most powerfulle men in Nazi-Germany - he would probably not have allowed sites lie this to exist - unfaithfull wives or not - and judging by the happenings in those days, many more would've been killed in the KZ-camps .... Nazis are not a term to be taken lightly - not one to be joked about -

I know you americans don't have the close knowledge of those things that we have in Europe, but you might concider our feelings, as we try to (normally) concider your feelings. (yes I know there are europeans that don't - excuse them, they don't know what they are doing) most of us are on your side ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
been there for real

nasty comments. Red I have read your stories for awhile. All I can say is that I hope who ever this story rings true for finds peace and fulfillment. A divorce is not a fun thing. I have been through it. Yes I have had a cheating ex wife. It isn't fun fantasy or great turn on to experience that kind of betrayal. To my ex's credit she was finally able to tell me it was over. My new wife and I read your stories together. Its much better to be happy and not living a lie with someone just hanging on to hang on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Perspective

From your perspective you wrote of a man who was very trying to her and while he tried to accommodate her at times he still had fences. That was his choice and hers to want more as she had changed and he but a little.<P>

So rather than tell him clearly she needed more or else she decided to do what most unhappy spouse do - try the grass on the other side. Which of course was greener and particularly exciting. Not some surprise huh. Most will do anything to make a woman happy as it insures pussy - so what investment in the future is that - to either.<P>

If she wanted out, she should have said so and why. Now she hurts her self respect and he unknowingly becomes her cuck. The children will someday become aware of her selfish actions which doomed their family<P>

Try as one might, there is no justification to trying out another partner to see if it makes you feel better as the predisposition guarantees it - then what?<P>

In this case she isn't sure if the issues of divorce are worth the problems associated with it - family wise. Clearly committed to the next cucking, she is knowingly in a dead mans walk by her unspoken needs and choice of a first of many lovers.<P>

She has cheated herself of her future dignity by not confronting her spouse but selfishly going around him to test her marketability. If she has any conscience, she will go to her grave trying to justify her selfish actions rather then facing her problems face-on. Of course her spouse and children had no choice in her unilateral decisions for her own good.<P>

While this mirrors life it still isn't justified nor excused by her family or her marriage agreement / contract. Just as a business contract doesn't permit partners to cheat each other neither does a family contract. It isn't fair or reasonable to any of the involved parties. It takes courage to confront problems and cancel contracts but each is the honorable thing to do.<P>

Nice work authoress - you provoke thought and decisions in many cases as words are powerful aren't they.

With Regard

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 16 years ago
Well written

Good storytelling even if the prose has some problems with word choices ("there" instead of "they're", for example). I have to chuckle at the morons who equate what fictional characters do in stories with the authors who pen them. The same type of people thought the world was flat, burned Joan of Arc for heresy, and thought the Dark Ages was a grand ol' time.

<P>

Dana's character is very realistic as is her situation. It plays out every day, all across the globe. Will her marriage survive? The divorce statistics say 50/50 chance. People cheat on the spouses. It's a fact of life. I don't particularly like it because it's deceptive and mean-spirited, and that's Dana's true sin. If her marriage isn't working, it'd be better to make a clean split and move on.

<P>

Thank you, Red, for an enjoyable read.

belvoriangarathbelvoriangarathover 15 years ago
Loved it

Great tale, absolutely loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
choice

it raises the notion of the choices we make, act on and whom one interacts with

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
True I think

I for one would like to read what happens now.

She has reason to destroy her disfunctional marriage but will she? Wreckage here we come.

Will you describe for us her actions going forward and the results?

RehnquistRehnquistabout 14 years ago
Justified or Not, All Too True.

I've practiced divorce law for 16 years, and I've got to say that this is a more accurate portrayal of the downfall of a marriage based on adultery than most. There was confusion in the married couples' life: First she totally lost her sex drive, but then she swung 180 and wants to do it all. At first she had an understanding husband, but then the rigors of his long hours and hard work combined with her stay-at-home parenting drove the wedge even further. Couple that with a husband who is undoubtedly a selfish lover--sure, he loved getting blowjobs, but there was no way he would reciprocate or help her fulfill any of her other reasonable fantasies--and you've got her looking for love elsewhere.

In short, neither is at fault and both are at fault, which is the way I see it on a weekly basis as new clients pour out their problems in my conference room. Sure, she was an adulteress, both mentally while living on line and ignoring her family altogether. On the other hand, what the hell kind of husband, knowing full well there's a big problem, keeps his head in the sand, won't at least try--until it's too late, and even then only halfheartedly--to meet her halfway in the bedroom and discards the plea for counseling out of hand?

In short, it seems that neither of them was really willing to fight very hard for their marriage, and they're both now reaping that which they've sown. A happy story with a clear good guy and clear bad girl? No. Realistic? Unfortunately, yes.

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
Painful

An excellent story. The story itself was painful. How many times has anyone of us held our tongue and put up with our lover's crap? How any times have we demanded that things be our way and have not listened to our spouse's concerns, desires and feelings? Did Dana cheat? Yes technically, but her husband broke the vows first by refusing to acknowledge her needs. There is much more to the marriage covenant then not fucking others. First and greatest is to treat each other with respect, which neither did. Thanks for the story and the lessons it presents.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Wrong Way

She should have left the husband when he refused counseling. Now she is just a cheating whore wife. Fuck her.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
two weeks later

she wakes up sore in her lower stomach and thinks she has a urine infection again. His gets some medicine from the pharmacy but after a week it is getting worse. The doctors visit leads to blood tests and a positive result for gonorrhea. Treatment is started urgently and she has to name her sexual partners to have them treated. Her husband leaves her and file for divorce. (Note the writer can't even be bothered to give the hubby a name, just goes to show the lack of respect the writer shows to wards marriage) He warns her friends and family about her STD and applies for and gets a court order for custody of the two kids based on her dangerous lifestyle. Gabe (note SOB has a name) is no where to be found and emails to him get no response. Dana is left alone waiting for a court hearing to get the custody order over turned. With no money and no friends thing don't look to good, when the eviction notice arrives because the rent hasn't been paid.

If you live in a chat room the world just passes you by and you don't even see your friends and family waving good bye. In all things you get out what you put in, if Dana had put her heart into her marriage, she would have found the life she had before her kids. Instead she choice to look else where for her fulfillment, putting both hers and her families lives in danger. Even if the scene above didn't happen she would have lost her husband, whats is name, Gabe would eventually have moved on and she would had to bring up two kids alone, she would have carried on seeking sex partners until she was old and grey. What man wants a divorcee with two children who cheated on her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad but true.

So many miss out on life by saying "no". A dunce of a husband deserves to be left out in the cold. The things we regret most are the things we didn't do. Is she a whore? Possibly, but women generally are. What the husband did was abandonment. He left her high and dry. Sucks to be him. I cannot imagine turning down a horny, sexy and imaginative wife. Such a woman should be treasured.

So I say he bought his problem, now he gets to live with it. I hope she makes the break as soon as she can.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Hope the cheating whore Dana, and Gabe, get destroyed in the nasty divorce. Her children will know that their mother the whore destroyed their family.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dont understand why men get married and stay faithful thats the biggest simp move there is, almost all women are cheaters like Dana and the ones that are faithful are virgin brides dedicated to God.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well written, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous