[Lady] and the [Slut]

Story Info
LitRPG world where the MC gains a [Slut] class.
2.8k words
4.32
892
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1 -- [Lady] and the [Slut]

For the past few months, I prayed for a class.

In the Arunikan Empire, classes were everything; with a System that awards classes based on your actions and achievements during the first eighteen years of your life, being classless indicated that you were good-for-nothing, a nobody. Faking a class was impossible. Those who have one can identify those without.

When I grew old enough to understand the concept of death, I asked the [Caretaker] of the orphanage how my parents died. "They were classless," she said as if that explained everything.

And it did. The classless were treated less than dirt. They had no rights, no power. They were inferior in every way--physically, mentally, socially. In most cities, it could practically be a death sentence, like it was for my parents.

I understood that and dedicated myself to my studies, refusing to suffer their fate. I topped my age bracket in the local school. I excelled in so many different areas that I qualified for the academy, a privilege commonly reserved for the families of Nobles and Warriors.

By the time I turned eighteen, I eagerly awaited my class.

It never came.

It wasn't the end of the world. My exact birth date wasn't known. It was entirely possible that the one assigned to me wasn't correct. I was given the benefit of the doubt, considering my performance in the academy.

The end of the year approached, and almost everyone in my cohort had awakened their class. I had yet to awaken mine. Whispers grew, and people wondered if I'd be classless like my parents. I noticed most of my friends starting to keep their distance.

This morning, I finally received my class. I should've been ecstatic, but...

Irene

Class: [Slut]

Passive: [Convenient Body]

Skills:

- None

Modifiers:

Strength: 2

Endurance: 4

Dexterity: 3

Constitution: 2

Intelligence: 1

Charisma: 7

I was in disbelief--mortified--at the class I worked so hard to obtain. Intellectually, I knew there was always a chance of gaining an unfavorable class. But this went beyond unfavorable.

I stood in front of the academy gates, a nervous wreck. A person's class determined their future, their jobs, their social status. What would happen if word got out about my class? No one can know.

I passed through quickly, showing my token to the bored guards at the entrance, keeping my head down and avoiding conversations. Thankfully, my recent deficit of friends worked to my advantage. My first two lectures, Etiquette and Bestiary Studies, went smoothly, but my luck soon ran out.

We had a free-sparring session for combat training today, so I hid in the sea of bodies, looking for a partner who wouldn't bother me beyond pleasantries. Amidst the flurry of students pairing off, my eyes drifted to the last person I wanted to see.

Sophia.

Her golden locks were pulled back in a practical braid, yet stray wisps framed her noble features in a soft halo of light. She was taller than most -- I barely came up to her mouth. Her green eyes locked onto mine before I could avert them, and I found myself rooted on the spot. She wore the standard, utilitarian uniform like a noble's cloak and strode toward me with the grace to match. Her entire bearing was immaculate despite the day's activities, as befitting her Noble lineage and class as a [Lady].

"You awakened your class," she commented. Her lips curved into a warm smile. "About time."

Sophia was my best friend, the only one who stood by me when doubts surrounding my class situation grew. "Yeah, late to the party, but I'm here now," I laughed weakly, trying to hide my inner turmoil.

Something must have shown on my face, and Sophia, sharp as she was, caught on. Her eyes narrowed, and her head tilted curiously. "What class did you get?"

"Look, I'll tell you later, okay," I promised, glancing at the students around us while fidgeting with my training spear. Her brow creased in worry. She laid her hands over mine, and my eyes met her piercing emeralds.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. You're my best friend, and whatever your class is, it can't change that."

My throat tightened, and I felt my stomach drop. I couldn't respond, so I nodded and gave a strained smile. "Spar?" I managed to suggest.

It's been a while since we sparred. Those who've Awakened even a non-combat class were head and shoulders above the rest in physical capability. Now that I have my class--useless, terrible, shameful as it was--we were on much more even grounds. Or at least I thought.

We fell into the pattern of a familiar dance at an unfamiliar rhythm. Spear met sword and shield at a tempo that far outclassed any of our previous bouts. I was unaccustomed to the pace of battle, and Sophia had no issue punishing me for it. She stepped into my space, knocked my spear aside with her shield, and swept me off my feet.

I found myself on the ground with her towering over me, sword pointed at my chest. Though beads of sweat formed on the fair skin of her forehead, not a single strand of hair was out of place, and her uniform remained pristine. I lost myself in her intense gaze, turned triumphant, and her lips quirked into a little smirk. A tingling sensation ran down my spine as I lay there, staring up at her. "Are you going to keep lying there?" she teased.

I flushed and scrambled to get up. In contrast, my raven hair was matted against my forehead, and a thin layer of dirt covered my arms and uniform. "[Elegant Poise] is unfair," I grumbled.

"Passives are unfair. But I do admit mine has its benefits. I'm sure yours is just as great."

I knew she was trying to be encouraging, but I cast my eyes away from the wave of shame her words brought. Yeah, I'm sure the ability to be a better slut is just as great as being perfect at literally everything. [Elegant Poise] allowed Sophia to maintain composure throughout any activity. Even before receiving her class, she had always been graceful due to her upbringing as a noble's daughter, but her passive elevated that to new heights, making everything she did look so mesmerizing.

Meanwhile, my passive [Convenient Body] does what it says on the tin, except that it's only convenient for matters of sex. I could heal from sexual aches within a night's rest and never feel overstimulated. I lost my gag reflex, my tongue grew longer, my assets became more perky, and my anus would always be clean. The perfect passive for a promiscuous person, but useless for me.

A poke on the nose snapped me out of my thoughts. "None of that now. I told you already that whatever it is, it's fine," Sophia said. Patience and comfort shone in her eyes, and I felt like a worm before her. "Again?" she offered.

I nodded and readied myself, but neither the second nor third round went any better, distracted as I was. Still, I enjoyed sparring with Sophia again. Her every movement was poetry in motion, even when it was turned against me.

Once combat training ended, Sophia held me to my promise. "Well, what class has you so concerned? You know I won't judge even if you received a Labor class, right?" she prodded while we walked towards the academy's grassy field.

The academy and its courses were designed to assist in awakening Noble or Warrior classes. Receiving a Labor class here was considered a mark of shame for most.

My situation was far worse than just a Labor class. I didn't want to tell her. I don't think I could handle it if Sophia looked at me in disgust. It would shatter me completely. But she was insistent, and truthfully, I wanted to get it off my chest. I sighed, plopping down on the edge of the field as Sophia lowered herself gracefully.

"I got the [Slut] class," I choked out. Even saying it out loud made me feel like it was a joke.

Her eyes widened for a fraction of a second before she schooled her features. "I see," she hedged.

"Yeah."

"I didn't know that was a class."

"Yeah..."

There was a moment of silence, stretched to eternity, as she processed what I said. I fidgeted with the grass beneath me, grabbing clumps and tearing out strands in anxiety. My eyes flicked back and forth between her face and the ground below, looking for a sign of disgust, yet terrified to find one. Oh, what I wouldn't give to just have the earth swallow me up.

"That's not ideal," she finally spoke and said nothing else.

"...You think?"

Skip with the non-committal answers, and tell me how you really feel already!

"Is that all you're going to say?" I continued. "You're not going to judge me for it? Ask me who I fucked to deserve this class?" I was being a brat, but the stress over the whole situation was really starting to get to me.

"Who was it?" she asked calmly.

"No one!" I snapped. "I haven't even been on a date in years. When would I even get the time..."

"I thought as much. You know as well as I do that the mechanics of Class Awakening are poorly understood."

"Three things determine the first class: activities, achievements, and proficiency. Activities and achievements throughout the first eighteen years of life increase the probability of obtaining classes related to them. Proficiency in skills at the end of those eighteen years also has a similar effect," I recited the material from the compulsory lectures on classes. "So I definitely went wrong somewhere. Either that or I'm secretly the most talented cock sucker this side of the Kashvelon Range," I snarked.

"I'm assuming you didn't take the advanced course on classes?" she asked, ignoring my snark, which was probably for the best.

"No, it wasn't a class-affecting course."

"Recent studies have shown that there is more that goes on into Class Awakening than what we previously thought. Lineage, environment, social standing, and even errant thoughts have been theorized to be a contributing factor," Sophia explained.

"So you're saying I subconsciously want to be a slut," I muttered.

"I'm saying that there are many elements out of your control," she spoke sharply, her voice rising for the first time but out of earnestness and not anger. "You don't have to blame yourself, and it's not your fault. I know more than anyone how much effort you put into awakening a good class." Her voice started to soften. "We might not know how you got this class, but it doesn't matter. You're still my best friend. I accept you--class and all."

She was so accommodating, so patient and understanding. The dam inside me broke. I took a sharp, shuddering breath and brought my knees to my chest. "I worked so, so hard," I cried. Tears started falling freely from my eyes. "I-I took every course I c-could. I trained a-and studied l-longer than anyone else. Why then...?"

Sophia pulled me into a tight hug, and I sobbed uncontrollably into her shirt. All the stress over awakening my class late, constantly worrying over what it would be, and now dealing with this stupid fucking class. All of it just hit me at once, and fuck, I didn't realize how much I needed this hug. Sophia was perfect, and I had no idea what I did to deserve her.

I didn't know how long I stayed there, taking shelter in that embrace, but eventually, I pulled away. I took a deep breath, still shuddering, but I managed to get out. "Thank you."

"Of course," she replied with that gentle smile that made me feel like everything would be okay.

We sat there, basking in the light autumn breeze. We definitely missed our next lecture, but the thought of going didn't even cross our minds.

"I do have some concerns," Sophia said, breaking the silence.

"Just some?"

"Two in particular. What are you going to do about class degradation?"

The concept of class degradation boiled down to 'use it or lose it.' It might have sounded like the perfect solution, but I could only awaken a class once. Becoming classless was not an option.

The problem here was that maintaining a class was hard. Doing the same thing over and over again wouldn't work. A [Blacksmith] who only made farm tools would typically lose his class faster than one who could make anything from jewelry to weapons. Fortunately, specialization had its place--otherwise, a lot of Warrior classes would be screwed. A [Blacksmith] who only made farm tools but continuously improved their quality could expect to maintain their class for much longer.

The System encouraged everyone to reach newer and greater heights. Normally, I would consider that a good thing, but I shudder to think what it meant in the context of a [Slut] class.

"I don't know," I admitted, hugging my knees to my chest. "I don't know, and I'm terrified. I haven't even kissed anyone yet, and the thought of being forced to do so much more than that..."

"Would you like assistance then?"

I snapped my head towards her in shock. Her face remained impassive as if she hadn't just dropped a metaphorical bombshell on me. There's no way I heard that right. Sophia? The untouchable beauty? I had never even seen her express romantic interest in anyone in all her years in the academy. My heart thrummed at the thought of what she offered and its implications. "W-What? But--you," I stammered incoherently.

She didn't wait for a proper reply. Her fingers cupped my chin and tilted my head upwards. Sophia--beautiful, perfect, Sophia--leaned in and locked her lips and mine.

They were soft but cool, like the autumn breeze around us. My brain fizzled out. This was too much to handle in one day. Dream. Yes, this was a dream, one hundred percent.

She pulled away, and I was left gaping like an idiot. "Huh?" I inquired eloquently.

"It seemed like the practical solution," she replied as if that was obvious. "You're my best friend, Irene. The notion of you being compelled to sleep around with strangers is... abhorrent."

"So you're saying I should just sleep with you?"

"I fail to see the issue should that be the necessary condition to retain your class. It is an effective method to ensure no unscrupulous individuals would take advantage of you," she answered, completely unfazed.

Sophia did have a point, but did she have to say it so matter-of-factly? The idea of sleeping around with random strangers made me want to puke. But with her... I felt my face flush at the thought. Don't get ahead of yourself, Irene. Sophia's just being supportive. This is just to handle your class problems.

"W-Well," I mumbled. "I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world."

"Do try to keep your enthusiasm in check," she quipped.

I giggled at that, relieved to return to the familiar grounds of banter.

"There is still the other problem we should discuss," Sophia continued.

I internally groaned at that. Wasn't there a limit to how eventful a day could be? This was going to end with something else that would upturn my life. I could already tell. "And that is?" I prompted in defeat.

"What will you tell others if they ask what class you have?"

"Telling the truth is not an option. I have no idea what would happen if I did, and I don't care to find out," I responded.

"I thought as much."

"I suppose you have a solution since you seem full of great ones today?" I joked.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

I sighed. If her first solution was to kiss me and offer up herself to maintain my class, then I was scared--and definitely not excited--to hear her solution for this. "Go on..."

"I could hire you as my personal [Maid]," Sophia offered. "There are not that many duties that explicitly require a proper [Maid] class. Furthermore, it provides the perfect excuse for you to remain by my side while still affording us privacy."

I blinked. It was a reasonable solution, though a knot formed in my stomach when I remembered exactly what we'd be doing with that privacy.

"Do you remember when we said we would be a [Knight]-[Lady] duo?" I asked.

"I recall preferring to form an adventurer party," Sophia retorted with a nostalgic smile.

I chuckled fondly at that, reminiscing on discussions about which classes we would get and how they would synergize. "We theory-crafted all the different combinations of classes and how they could work together. I guess we forgot to consider the [Lady]-[Slut] duo."

Sophia laughed a delicate laugh. Her blonde hair--now free from its braid--cascaded down to her mid-back and fluttered gently in the breeze.

"I accept. I'll be your personal [Maid]."

"That's good," she said before smiling and standing up, elegantly brushing off the nonexistent dirt on her uniform.

"Sophia?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

"Of course."