All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 14'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it!

No other words for it. This is good uplifting stuff. Just excellent

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Fun Story

If you take it in the spirit it is offered it is worth your time. If you are a true story fanatic it is not your dish....

ace4869ace4869almost 11 years ago
5* again

This is a very good story. Thanks for the entertainment HDK.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 11 years ago

I am enjoying this story. Yes, the lead characters are a bit overdone, but it's all good fun and uplifting. Loved the last few paragraphs with the ladies taking advantage of where Steve's hand was positioned by the sling.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

I agree with Sidney43, the characters are a bit overdone. I love the story anyway. Too bad the only way for Gwen and Steve are learning about each other is mostly through them rescuing each other or the town.

Alaska84Alaska84almost 11 years ago

Loved it. Thank you for sharing you story. This is definitely a "feel good" story.

wrecktechwrecktechalmost 11 years ago
So what?

If the characters are overdone and unrealistic, so what? It's a story and its point is to entertain. It does that very well. It also gets across that there are everyday heros around us all the time and there is no place for hatred, intolerance and terrorism. America was founded by idealists who wanted a new life. Three documents frame their dreams: The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights. All of our precious freedoms come from those "old" ideas. The fact that we have the ability to post not only these stories but our thoughts about them proves their worth. Have fun with it too but keep in mind the freedom we have to do as we choose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Erasers, Bow ties

I'd do the rubbing for you, but you have much bigger erasers than I do!"

I love that line.

And Paula tying Steve's tie, very hot.

HDK this is great, so many possibilities.

Love your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No rating yet.

If you finish the story, then a good rating. If it ends here then a bad rating. I hate unfinished stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Cute and moronic.

Guess this is what a lot of people like, and that's OK. But keep you day job. Too exaggerated to sell.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
schmaltz

only comes close but I can't think of a more appropriate word.

Storm113Storm113about 7 years ago
FUNNY!!

You warn us in advance that this story would be over the top, but they still complain about it! Now me, I like over the top; I like superheroes, so this works for me. Thank you for the work you put into this!

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 7 years ago
Too good

This story is too good to be true. It is alsof too good not to

read with excitement, my heart bouncing and tears streaming. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
personally....

I like a story that doesn't leave me pissed off. So what if it's over-the-top. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too fragmented

I guess HDK made his mark with his short almost joke-like stories in Loving Wives. These multiple brief chapters spoil the flow. If this is a novel the chapters need to be more substantial.

Maybe HDK is hoping to monopolize the charts by banging out loads of quick chapters. Please don't do it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another sliver of his interminable novel

Sorry your highness but turning out tiny bits of your story is so frustrating, I think I'll give up right here!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years agoAuthor
I noticed a couple of odd comments here.

'Two' anonymous commenters expressed the same thought. The chapters here are short so they will not continue to read the story. The odd thing is that they have only to click on the next chapter, taking no longer than clicking on the next page if it was all posted at one time. I can see how it irked those that read them as they came out years ago, but now the length of these chapters is not an issue, as there are many more chapters easily found and read. This complaint is not really about the length of the chapter, but rather the popularity of the series. That is what really irks this guy, so much so that he makes the same comment twice. I encourage him to stop reading and commenting here and to find something more to his liking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Page by page

I bet that reading a book would kill them turning page after page LOL

Keep up the excellent work

paps

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Convenient

Convenient Steve knew how to play Bridge over troubled Water,convenient Gwen just happened to know the words to Let it be.Why did Diane and Stephanie not visit Steve at Laura's to thank him,why wait until the memorial.?

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
He plays the piano and sings too?

What else can this 18 year old kid do? It is a fun story, but a little over the top. Joh Wayne?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Impossible

When your hand is in a sling,your palm is against your chest,therefore it is impossible to grope anyone standing in front of you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
STOP

HDK SAID THIS WAS OVER THE TOP.

STOP NITPICKING OR WRITE SOMETHING BETTER

jackson1863jackson1863over 4 years ago
Impossible, Convenient, Unbelievable - So What?

This is a great fun, happy, sad, heroic and sometimes a tragic story. That's what writers do, they write stories and HDK writes them brilliantly. From description and action, to the emotions and understanding of the characters a great story arises from the pages. Yes, it's a work of fiction about action packed lives and events. It's James Bond, Dirty Harry and Mary Poppins with a sprinkling of The Sound of Music rolled into a roaring tale. Impressive story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
OMG !!!!!

I laugh at the comments. STOP! !!! , If you don't enjoy the story! Jeez, it's all for fun! No analysis is needed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
How

How could Steve's mothers mother,sing this song to her,it wouldn't have been written back then fifty years ago.

MankeyMankeyover 3 years ago
How?

Let It Be was written by Lennon and McCartney in 1968, so would quite easily have been written within this time frame. Also, please note that it was Steve's mother that sang it to him, not his 'mother's mother'. Altogether quite feasible, so yet another nit-picking comment from Anonymous that holds no validity whatsoever

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

speed-reading...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some have commented that Uncle Joe gets left out. But they made it clear he is a hermit/recluse. He unbent to let a teenager he didn’t know that well live with him. For those that haven’t dealt with it I know 3 people personally that are more secluded. One has made less than 2 dozen trips out of his basement since he came back from Vietnam. He gets along with his family who lives upstairs. A nurse has been out a few times to do a wellness check on him. It’s just the way he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This shows me HDK has a sense of humor

IndyOnIndyOnover 2 years ago

All Fives so far....just one question....What happened to the Sixth terrorist?

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

I agree with IndiOn

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

For some reason, this one finally struck me as too much...perhaps all the hugs at the end when the females knew he couldn't move his hand and would have their breasts touched. 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am surprised with all the singing that went on . . I am used to prayer and religious songs at funerals that I have been to . I guess that I have not gone to the right funerals ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Comentartista, if your arm is in a sling your palm is against your chest.

golasgilgolasgilabout 1 year ago

His leg was a bit sore around the bullet wounds a whole day afterwards but he's walking around and playing the piano like it was a paper cut? I know this is just a story but come on.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

I laugh every time I read about those hugs at the end

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sometimes sappy is good!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7130 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories