All Comments on 'Lakeside Park'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, of course. It evokes so many impressions, like willows in the breeze and shining stars on summer nights.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

absolute winner, great story even without the sex!

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabellealmost 3 years ago

Very interesting and thought provoking, and the prose is--as usual--fantastic. Definite five stars, for a story that stays with you after you read it. Thanks for sharing!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 3 years ago

MsCheryl - thanks for this. So good and surprising twists along the way. And the whole "I'm walking home naked wtf oh no I'm not" gag at the end was hilarious (among other moments as well, of course)!

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Another amazing episode of "When The Lights Go Out"

Liz is quite the flawed character, but at least I now know where many of her flaws stem from. And I grew to appreciate her more throughout the story, given all she's had to endure. Naturally, the sex scene with Justin was very hot... and the ending was fantastic! :)

SweboSweboalmost 3 years ago

Amazing. It takes great skill, insight, and compassion to make an antagonist (from "Save World Get Girl" for those who haven't read it) not just understandable, but lovable. This series has made me really love infrastructure failure like never before!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

At first the present / past was confusing but then it all made sense. Seems so true to life, putting ourselves in home made boxes, staying in relationships that died. We stay because of what? duty? or as with Liz, scared of what might be. Glad she has a new perspective, damn good sex too :) 5 stars

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

I don't have the words in me that can begin to follow the ones used in this story. Simply perfect.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 3 years ago

Amazing writing, once again. Thank you for making the day feel better.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

Really well told. Liked this a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Terrific story. I am a man, pushing 80, who somehow seemed to understand Liz, though I am so unlike her and frankly don't much like people like her. The funny thing was getting into the story, I BECAME her. MsCherylTerra, you are a gifted writer. Thank you.

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33over 2 years ago

Five stars for two great, flawed characters, smoldering sex, and both a title AND a story description from an awesome Rush song!

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 2 years ago

"It's okay to be unhappy."

chastenchastenover 2 years ago

I love how the differing viewpoints make the same basic situation so different in the three stories. Love it.

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 2 years ago

I loved the story, great flow, well crafted. And Teddy Lee's voice ending in my mind! Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, but I have problem now, it's 12.15 and do I start to binge read your other stories as you have whetted my appetite for more ,thanks

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Read it twice and enjoyed it more the second time. Wonderful job with some twists that weren't expected. Excellent storytelling.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story!

5

Rainyday493Rainyday493over 2 years ago

Such a great story, so much to identify with in her thinking, her reactions, and the sex was pretty hot too.

BriteroticBriteroticover 2 years ago

I would have given it six stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Six stars!

RRC2RRC2over 2 years ago

A great story. A great character. I know it is a cliche but I'd love to read more about Liz and her life going forward.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

never really read stories from the woman's point of view. I am glad I did on this one. I actually wished for more.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Wow! When I start reading one of your stories I can't stop till its finished and then want more! Just a wonderful story.

Cheers

SAGE

CamraUzerCamraUzerover 2 years ago

Another fabulous installment from one of the top writers on Literotica. This lights out series (anthology?) continues to draw me in. She has varied genres povs and orientations across her titles, but imho that just shows her excellence. So definitely explore her catalog in the titles and maybe consider joining her patreon - I did. It's lovely.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

Simply amazing storytelling- a masterclass in how to write something that is both deeply erotic and yet so profoundly fleshed out. Can’t wait for the next installment.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

Well done, nicely paced, great dialogue, the works. 5.

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 2 years ago

Excellent Story. Could not stop wanting to cry for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story was borderline traumatizing to me (that adultery tw does not play around) but it was lovely all the same and ended on a hopeful note… I would love to read more about Liz finding her happiness. cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story was borderline traumatizing to me (that adultery tw does not play around) but it was lovely all the same and ended on a hopeful note…I would love to read more about Liz finding her happiness, cheers!

AdamdavidsonAdamdavidsonover 2 years ago

A masterpiece once again! I wish you could write faster, I anxiously await your next story.

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 2 years ago

Wonderful !! I felt as though I was reading a biography if not an autobiography. A brilliant piece of work I really felt for Liz, if I were her I would take him for everything he's got. He certainly doesn't deserve a balanced life that his wife was trying to give him. To realise that practically the whole of your married life had been a sham as undoubtedly some people on this earth have, is the ultimate betrayal. I want her to go home and make peace with her daughter as that relationship should be so fine. She must apologise to her for fouling the friendship with the boy across the street . Then she should be the woman she wants to be. 5 stars. Should be more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your raw talent is somewhat scary - you leave me in awe all the time. Delayed my workout for this, no regrets. I'm exceptionally happy that you wrote a story for the tight laced mom and shared her perspective. She needs to have a one on one with Ramona. So good. 10/10

tlc656tlc656over 2 years ago

My new love! This author!!

EvTer742EvTer742over 2 years ago

I fear the day there’s no ‘coming soon’ in the WTLGO series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like all of your stories it is wonderful. I love your character development and how people in unhappy lives are finding redemption in radically different ways than their expectations. I would love to see more of Liz Roth as she develops in her new direction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I would love to know Ms Cheryl as a lover or just a friend. One of those relationships where you would rather have a friend forever than lose as a lover, you value them so much.

4certain4certainover 2 years ago

A new favorite author and story, proving it is never too late to change and start life in a new direction.

kmreaderkmreaderover 2 years ago

Great addition to the WTLGO series. I hope Liz and Ramona have a sit down with each other in an upcoming episode (when dawn breaks or when the lights are restored or whatever), so they can work through all the lies and the why’s of how we got here.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

The best of your "Lights Out" series I've read yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing I’ve read this an lips of an angel an ure such a talented writer I love how it’s so different than any story I’ve ever read an so glad she left him in the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic to see the point of view of a woman getting cheated on instead of the other way around. You are going to piss the BTB club off, but thank god some author finally had the guts to do it, it was so refreshing.

Thank you so much KS

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

Kvetching Unlimited.

valkoinenvalkoinenover 2 years ago

A very well written story from one point of view. It would be interesting to hear it from Scott's and Ramona's point of view, living with someone so obsessed taking on obligations to the community that she never had time for her own husband and child.

docj27adocj27aabout 2 years ago

Another wonderful story. I love that you did all three points of view. The way you paint pictures with words is wonderful. I cannot help but wonder if there was a little nod to the band rush and there song lakeside Park. “Lakeside Park Willows in the breeze Lakeside Park so many memories” or maybe I’m just a big nerd😀

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely perfect is all I can say. Half a lifetime ago, when I was 24, I was Justin. I was there when an older married woman very much needed me. Funny thing is, though I didn’t understand it at the time, I needed her, too. We were unable to have a future together, but the things she taught me about life and love continue to enrich me to this day. Can we see more of this pair, and how they help each other find their way?

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

You write exquisitely intense scenes of sexual intercourse, with just a perfect balance of explicitness and discretion, and you offer reflections on the human condition that pierce the soul. Although you tell us in each foreword that there's prescribed order to this series, I have read them in the order you set forth in your "Biography" tab, and I'm glad of it. Each successive tale fills in the backstory of the others. To experience Liz Roth from Ramona's perspective, to learn the story of Ramona's and Ashton's joint first birthday story, it would be well worth paying money to get the collection on my Kindle via amazon.

The key takeaway line: "The best time to plant a tree is ten years ago. The second-best time to plant a tree is today."

You have my admiration and my thanks and my 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

Intense but lovely.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Thank you, I enjoyed this story.

wwaldripwwaldripover 1 year ago

Great Story, plant that tree!

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

Would love to see a sequel to multiple opened story lines of daughter, divorce proceedings, job hunt, etc.

Doc__2021Doc__2021over 1 year ago

Sequel, Sequel, Sequel please and thank you !!

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedover 1 year ago

Forgive me but I have been looking for the "When the light...." and can not find them. Seems I am missing something so please enlighten me, this is not working. Thanks.

BunkerhillBunkerhill11 months ago

Ubelievably great series, I will have investigate your Patreon site. Maybe a sequel tying together all the stories in the series (it is a small town after all)? 5 stars is not enough.

InsomniZachInsomniZach10 months ago

I would streak down main street for a sequel to this and Save World Get Girl, and trust me that's something NOBODY wants to see

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant utterly superbly Brilliant 👏 thank you. BardnotBard (I hope she gets her 2nd life. It works out well. Ramona finds out her mum is a great person and what her dad did and then judges him)

6King6King8 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodtunes2Goodtunes2about 2 months ago

God you’re good! Well done... this whole series is wonderfully woven together.

Keep up the excellent wordsmithing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Enlightening. How/why to get permission from a stranger/catalyst to break your mold from complacency and business as usual, to get 'satori or the epiphany so you can break your pattern of expected 'normality'.

To break free from humdrum mundane cycles and start a new path/chapter of the unknown future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
4058 Followers
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories