All Comments on 'Lamia Ch. 07'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, love the bit about writing the stories we want to see. I found your writing by accident a few years ago, but it's always been poignant and interesting. This was a good story, and that was a sweet ending.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

That was a great story. Thank you for sharing your work

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Much improved ending from the last chapter, thanks! Great story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Malthus. Huxley. And now Yuval Harari and the demons who gather at Davos. There's a trajectory of sorts, and this story with its omnicidal AI is definitely on it, well done.

My one piece of criticism is that Stephen is much too unperturbed by the ease with which he betrayed Christine. The scene where he brings her back to the store for the first time was much more poignant, and I believe that you have made Love too central to not only the thematic, but also to the unfolding of events, for it not feature more strongly at the close of Lamia's last chapter.

FelHarperFelHarperover 1 year agoAuthor

“My one piece of criticism is that Stephen is much too unperturbed by the ease with which he betrayed Christine.”

I struggled a bit with the tone there. Ultimately, I thought that dealing with Sara put Stephen sufficiently off balance that he didn’t really get the chance to drop into despair and self-recrimination. I might have missed the chance for a harder emotional beat. Something to look at in a future edit for sure.

TooMuchEnnuiTooMuchEnnuiover 1 year ago

thank you so much for sharing your talents with us, for me this was more than worth the wait. happy holidays 💕

HunterPercivalHunterPercivalabout 1 month ago

Such a captivating story. I definitely came looking for a nonhuman lamia story, but walked away hours later with a well-written page-turner finished. Kudos, author!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Lamia Ch. 06 Previous Part
Lamia Series Info