All Comments on 'Lara's Punishment'

by etb70

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Utterly Bizarre and Disturbing

The entire thing is incredibly inhumane I think the worst part of this is that it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

The US elected a clown into a position of power, we’re about to get a similar clown here in the UK even though nobody has voted for him, with people like them in a position of power. Politics is an absolute shit show with morons pandering to the lowest common denominator trying gain power by victimising vulnerable people, dehumanising them without a care. That’s only a few small steps away from an insane judicial system like the one you’ve written about.

You were very careful to make sure the convicts were unquestionably guilty of capitol crimes but life is rarely that black and white. One of the comments you made I found rather ironic. You made a point of saying that Category 1 ‘slaves’ could legally be raped once per day, they’re being dehumanised treated as slaves with little or no rights, why then try to clarify that they can be “legally raped”? It's hardly rape if they have no legal recourse to prevent it, nobody is going to care what they think or want because the law has given permission to their owners to use them sexually once per day. Regardless of which orifice is used besides who is going to believe them if they’re used more than once per day? Slaves would learn fast that they have no input on their own lives anymore because nobody is going to care or even believe anything they say because they are slaves.

You already have the beginnings of abuse of power, with her “friendly scheduler” it’s just a drop in the ocean when you treat human beings as less than human, they become disposable. Everyone knows the saying about “Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely”. Mob rule wins and fuels the depravity because it’s only another tiny step before disagreeing with authority will put you on the wrong side of the law. That fear promotes a “rather them than me” mindset.

So all of that brings me round to what must be blindingly obvious by now, your kink is not my kink and that’s ok. Good luck with your writing.

Tess

Horseman68Horseman68almost 5 years ago
Great Little Story.

A very absorbing read, well written, and with an interesting premise and construct. The thoughts of the girl caught within the system were extremely well done. Will look for more from this author.

Gym52Gym52about 2 years ago

EXCELLENT!!!

You have created a judicial system that could reduce the judicial departments financial services bill by at least seventy five percent. I hope to find further stories with a similar scenario on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gamblnluck's series had a mechanism where victims were awarded their perps as restitution. In other cases, they were given a window of time whey were allowed to abuse their perp. They didn't have to pay for the privilege. Having the victim's families bid on the perp so they could torture him achieves a certain effect, but the restitution system is even better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous