All Comments on 'Lariats and Lacrosse Sticks Ch. 06'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
lacedaemonlacedaemonabout 11 years ago

Fabulous, as usual.

AerynnAerynnabout 11 years ago
Good idea

I read your post on tumblr and the fact you decided to put this series on hold for some time and concentrate on "Growing Josh". I was about to complain about this, but when I started reading it, I felt everyone was out of character, and when I got to the first mention of Randy I thought "who's Randy? Wasn't Josh Tanner's boyfr... no, wait, that's Trent... wrong series..." *facepalm*

So yeah, concentrating on one series at the time is a good idea, for writer and readers alike... XD

hk47enclavehk47enclaveabout 11 years ago

Great chapter as always Red!

I saw your tumbler post about stopping this story until Growing Josh is complete and we support you in whatever decision you make. Both stories are great and if you want to focus on one before switching back, thats fine. :)

Keep up the great job and thanks for sharing your stories with us.

:)

Mik

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 11 years ago
Love it

I have no idea what tumblr is but I love all your stories and enjoy the way the characters develop and grow into each other. I am glad this series isn't over and look forward to your next chapter on either series

reddirtwriterreddirtwriterabout 11 years agoAuthor
What's tumblr?

Hey lonesomedove,

I just thought I'd jump in here. http://reddirtwriter.tumblr.com is my blog website for my writing. It has announcements of when I send chapters to be published, a few snippet stories and any other odds and ends.

I'd put up a note with the last chapter of L&LS that I was going to focus on Growing Josh and then come back to L&LS. Working on both at the same time was just more than I could juggle successfully.

Just thought I should explain. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I'm sorry but Randy is an asshole, I stopped reading at the end of page one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Casey 1988

I thought that this story was another good read, written by you. I do understand doing only one of the two stories you have going as for readers it makes it hard to remember what is going on. I recalled from memory the story and where it left off.

delightdawndelightdawnabout 11 years ago

Sweet story. I will just have to start up with your other one until you come back to this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Over?

Have you ended this series? Just wondering. I love Mitch and Darrin more, but I do like this series as well.

reddirtwriterreddirtwriteralmost 11 years agoAuthor

No, Lariats and Lacrosse Sticks isn't finished. I just wanted to focus on completing Growing Josh first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Yay - not wild about "Lariats and Lacrosse Sticks", but LOVE Josh and all the crowd in that other series. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

:-)

dez421dez421almost 11 years ago
woo

Love the other guys too. Glad this isn't over waiting for more.

chesthairslavechesthairslaveover 10 years ago
What's with Tanner & Randy?

Are we ever going to be part of their exciting relationship again? Miss them!

reddirtwriterreddirtwriterover 10 years agoAuthor
chapter 7

L&LS chapter 7 was submitted to Literotica over the weekend. it should be released in the next few days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Thanks for the story.

Two points:

(1)

I've worked out why this story doesn't work as well as the Maverick Cattle Co stories - oddly enough, it's "too much sex". Too much of this story is sex, and not enough is story. Compare the two, and you'll see what I mean. Also, the names, for some reason, aren't quite getting there. With the Maverick stories, I never have any problem keeping the characters straight in my mind, but with this, I keep having to sort out which one's Tanner and which one's Randy. Don't know why, but neither name *works* - the characters are fuzzy, not distinctly different, like the Maverick characters.

(2)

Please go back to chapter 4 and that whole thing with Ranger Kip Morgan.

There, you have "Tanner looked at Randy's back as he turned and walked back to the tent. He wasn't sure what was going on, after telling Randy he loved him he thought this kind of stuff was behind them. Unconsciously he stuck the card in his back pocket as he followed Randy." Which makes Randy look completely worthless, and Tanner not much better. Are they in love, or aren't they? Are they going to be monogamous, or not? It's hugely disappointing.

Then, in chapter 6, you have " 'He has a crush on you, and I don't share,' said Randy." - which is back to the Randy we THOUGHT you were writing, till we encountered Kip Morgan. If Kip Morgan is going to come back to cause problems, then chapter 4 needs editing, because right now, that passage jars terribly - it's completely out of character, and by the comments under chapter 4, more than one reader stopped reading at that point.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
Everyone's a critic??? LOL

Great chapter from the party fiasco and Randy being understandably furious to the breakfast surprise "Oh, I thought some nice sunny-side-up eggs, a little cabbage hash, scrapple with lots of liver and chocolate milk would be good for breakfast." BTW, scrapple seriously nasty and definitely not Kosher! LOL - To Mack cuffing the little twink and seeing that whole scene play out.

Masterful!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous