All Comments on 'Last Wishes'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
mmm

unfinished need to keep going

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worthless without an ending

Since there was no ending to this story, it wasn't worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Delightful, and perfectly finished

This story ended exactly where it was supposed to. A gem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Didn’t Like This Story

For one thing, it wasn’t really a story, it was more of an anecdote. And yes, there’s a difference. For another, I despise cheaters who don’t pay a price and suffer for their treachery. And I despise even more the “third party”, the person who knowingly inserts him or herself into a marriage. No, I didn’t like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Its not bad

But its not good. The husband is still in the never-never land of "I found my soul-mate, love is unconditional...bla bla bla"

Her death only makes him feel too sad and guilty, I imagine, to even properly process the betrayal he's going through. His life was partially a lie, built of more lies. His wife was having an emotional affair. And the ONLY thing keeping her from going through with it isn't that "she loved her husband more", but she's a smart enough woman to understand her entire LIFE AND FAMILY are tied into her husband. She took a simple cold and calculated risk assessment. That's as much as she'd risk. At least what we know. She's not worried about 'hurting him', she's clearly worried about hurting herself.

If you love someone, you don't build a life with them based on lies. Hell' she's lying to herself at this point. Thought she was some poor soul trapped between two loves. It's not hard to tell him, but she understands the potential fallout. She can't un-say she loves someone else. There aren't enough vocabulary words to make her look good. And he'd no longer need to love only her, he'd be free to follow HER logic and find others too. He also is under no moral obligation to stay with her, if she had the guts to confess. He'd be justified in seeing her as a breaker of oaths, and an unworthy partner.

And you can't love the husband and cheat on him. And you can't love the woman and string her along like a side-piece mistress. She was having her cake, and eating it too. She can shower these people in affection, but not love. Love is more than chemical reactions, personality compatibility, and time. It's WORK. She's a part-time worker, and she should have owned that. He signed up for full-time employment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RE: it's not bad

couldn't have said it better. you cut to the heart of the matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

To hell with those last two commenters. You wrote an outstanding story. It was unique, it showed real emotion, and it built a sense of tension that was released in a satisfying way. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not really the kind of story I like. It was certainly well written, and I’m sure many people do like and appreciate it. But I just don’t.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Shouldn't

Feeling as I do about cheating, I probably shouldn't like this, but I did. I enjoyed it very much. Great story.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
I often wonder ...

What will my friends and family think of my stories when I’m gone? What will they think of me? What will they say? Will they accept my stories as part of me? I hope they find something good in them to remember me by.

Patricia; I enjoyed this story more then I can say. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Eh, I;d have gone out of my way

to find all the whore's cheating partners and punished them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"Hello Judith. This is Deborah's husband John. Please don't hang up! I have some terrible news and I desperately need to talk to you, for both our sakes."

She dead Judith, I found out the whore was cheating on me with you and others and I killed her for it. The cops will never figure it out, she is being cremated in about twenty minutes, you'll never be able to prove anything. I just wanted to let you know I'm coming for you next, and then the others. Start looking over your sholder bitch, see you soon

richg780richg780almost 5 years ago
I feel sorry for you, Anonymous

This is.a great story. Yes she fell in love with another woman but she CHOSE not to act on her feelings BECAUSE she loved her husband above all others. If you can't see she is a truly loving wife, Anonymous, then I feel sorry for you.

I've never commented before but this last comment made me both sad and angry. This story is great. Sorry for venting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not For The First Time

I'm simply going to agree with 26thNC. As for those couple of nasty Anons, go finishing rotting somewhere else. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I disagree with the comments below

She did cheat, that she didnt fuck her lovers is immaterial, imagine a long run on sentence that meanders back and forth going nowhere, something five time longer than what I wrote here, the entirety of that run on sentence is the lies, is the betrayal, is the cheating, the fucking is merely the period at the end of the sentence.

She never loved her husband, she loved the life she provided, the life where she could live in comfort resting on her fat ass while cheating on him

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
Wonderfully Written

Thank you for this 5 star story. Deborah loved John, ignore those that say otherwise.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Terrific story, but also disturbing.

Was she cheating? I don't know enough about what was said in those emails. It seems that she was on the line or across it. His loss enables him to forgive her more easily, But this isn't the time for blame. He is suffering and perhaps he can heal a bit more with help from the women. The story was wonderfully written. Good job! Tough read.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago

That's a really really good story, the discoveries he made, the worry, tension he felt, it felt real. Made my heart race.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again, I still think it was an outstanding story. Not sure about her cheating, but still enjoyed the story.

markellymarkellyabout 4 years ago
Thank you...

An interesting story and one that makes the reader make the choices. I read this twice in one sitting, not because I’m thick, more because I wanted to make up my mind and worried I had missed something.

The author wrote an interesting story, the facts were there to see and yet that same author allowed us, the reader, to make our own opinions. A well worked story, I gave it five stars only because I couldn’t give it more.

A true work of art and a story that I will come back to from time to time.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UNIQUE

This story is unique. I don't think I have read anything similar. It is a really good story that shows the talent and depth of intelligence of the author. 5*

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* Outstanding story

A unique plot for LW -- I personally don't see what she did as cheating. She talked to friends about her real feelings, things she felt would hurt her husband if she shared. I would like to think eventually she would have shared this part of her life, but really I've been married almost 40 years, there are things I absolutely will never share with my wife. Those will never happen and might hurt her somehow. I can handle keeping it secret, no need to even risk that. Hell we have enough things in the open that can hurt us, no need to add more if it's not necessary.

Does this rise to that, cheating/hurt, she was doing what she could to explore the feelings she had. Would she ever cross the line, the author let's us make the decision. It's best that way I think. (btw I don't think she would)...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Brings back some very painful memories of going thru similar (not lesbian) discoveries of betrayal after my wife passed in 2006. RIP my favorite fishing partner. Never forgotten, but still not forgiven.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't think she cheated, there was however betrayal. She stated her feelings without acting on them. However, I believe that each time she expressed her love for Judith, there was betrayal to her husband. Speaking as a long term victim of a 20 year emotional affair by a wife to a past (present) love, the expectation that your spouse is to forsake all others does not limit itself to a particular sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Old story but a good lessen - Don't save anything you don't want anyone else to find! Delete the chats, texts, emails, and so on. Her writing stories is fine, a hobby, so what if you may not care for her subject matter. But her emotional affair should have remained a secret and could have if she only deleted the stuff. If it were me I would be hurt that she also loved someone else and I would feel lucky she did not actually meet up. I would have worried how much longer she could have held out but I would still have been hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

God, this story WRECKED me. And I haven't even lost a spouse. In this man's place, I would be so desperately sad that my wife hadn't been able to share this with me. Please, PLEASE, don't keep love a secret.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Most men wouldn't be able to handle this.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

A well told emotional tale. A hard one to ponder given his place. But, well done and interesting things to consider.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
A sad story

A terrible way to find out how she really felt.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Most women wouldn't be able to handle this if the gender was reversed. Ain't that right Angel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

28thNC

I think you're mistaken. There are a HUGE number of women who married homosexual men and deliberately turned a blind eye to it.

In short, they knew, but didn't want to know.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

jimjam69 got it right. A well told emotional tale.

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 years ago

I would have love to hear that con

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting story. It does raise a moral dilemma, or two. But like Wricketts said, I would really have liked to have heard (or read) the conversation between Judith and John. I don’t know if it would answer my question of “was she or wasn’t she” cheating, but I still would liked to have heard that conversation. Regardless, I think the story is Five Star worthy, first for its uniqueness and second because it made me do a little deep thinking. Anyway, thanks, Patricia, for a great story.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

It was a good story until the end, the conversation that should have been part of the story wasn't there. So, this story goes to stories that are unfinished and no conclusion, too bad as the conversation would have been interesting to hear. 3/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, she cheated, both emotionally, and sexually. It doesn’t matter if she actually met someone in person or not. He should tell her family and friends. Ruin her reputation.

ZK

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

Well that was a fair beginning of a story. Sadly, that's all I can call it.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

3 stars. It cuts off too abruptly, all that build up and then just stops at the climax of the story. I think it should have included the conversation between John and Judith for some closure for both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, emotional story. Agree with others that the story ended too abruptly: would have liked to have seen the conversation with Judith. There also could be an email / obituary sent to all the online friends and publishing sites. Very sad when friends just "disappear" forever online. (Friends of the author Josephus have done that in is biography page) An online obituary fears by John and Deborah could be a nice follow-on story.

Did Deborah cheat? - not in my opinion. She has an emotional relationship with Judith but never abandons her husband. Her bisexuality is a part of her that she feels she can't share because she fears it will hurt her husband's feelings. Almost everyone has a part of themselves that they don't share with others. (Look up jihad it's window)

Mfj

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with others it ends too soon. But it was a 5 up to the point it ended, so a 5 it stays, possibly with an asterisk. I love what little I've read of yours so far, most recently your "Blindsided" 4 part series tonight, so my comment there isn't up yet as of this writing. They'll probably both go up at the same time. That one and this one each show a side of marriage and human relationships I've not seen until now on Literotica, and I've read quite a number of stories here. And they show that you have a mind that doesn't shy away from realities and possible realities just because they aren't popularly accepted. I admire and applaud that. At least until I don't. 😀 Yee I'm human too, with a history of not seeing what I don't want to see on occasion, particularly in relationships. But I do face them once I recognize them, eventually if not immediately. And that's what appeals to me in your main character here. Good job, even if you did cut it off too soon for myself as well as for some others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I disagree with the others. It is the author's story and they end it where they think it should. For me it is spot on. Admire the way the author thinks.

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboyover 1 year ago

Short stories are not novels, they do not need to close everything off, answer all questions. One type of short story poses an interesting situation and leaves the rest to our imagination. It provokes us to consider, how would we react?, what would we do? This is a very good story of that type. 5 stars,

Bill669JBill669Jover 1 year ago

Very touching and emotional story. John is doing the right things to get closure

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 1 year ago

This was a great story! Fife stars for sure. What an odd thing for John to discover after the passing of his wife. But he was mature about it and in the end was calling her lover, Judith, to tell her about the car accident that took Deborah away from the both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please stick to cars in your stories because you know diddly squat about 18 wheelers. Trucks of that size cannot "lose” their brakes from a broken hose . The brakes are AIR and if pressure is lost the brakes activate immediately.

kdad9010kdad9010about 1 year ago

Beautiful. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah... THAT would be my biggest priority if my wife just died. Consoling her lesbian lover.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

A very well written story about life !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

FTDS. 3 stars

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere9 months ago

I would have loved to hear the conversation!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

hope you got caught out , pat.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous695 months ago

Just amazed at some of the comments. What person wants to find out after their partner dies that they weren’t the person they pretended to be. Who could respect a spouse who lead this secret life that wasn’t what hubby agreed to. No reasonable or rational person reaches out to her lesbian lover after finding out. So many authors remove any self esteem or respect from the husband characters but sell whatever the wife did was ok and special. What utter nonsense.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica5 months ago

Yeah, think I'd like to hear that conversation...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wistful memories ... but ... what happened after the conversation with Judith?

CriosCrios2 months ago

Such an amazing author and a very believable story. I’ll bet a large number of people who post on Lit, especially the Forums are in a similar situation. They have these feelings they need to express but would never act on them because it would hurt the ones they love.

Does anyone know if this author is still with us?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous