All Comments on 'Last Wishes'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments
CriosCrios2 months ago

Such an amazing author and a very believable story. I’ll bet a large number of people who post on Lit, especially the Forums are in a similar situation. They have these feelings they need to express but would never act on them because it would hurt the ones they love.

Does anyone know if this author is still with us?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wistful memories ... but ... what happened after the conversation with Judith?

l0ver0tical0ver0tica5 months ago

Yeah, think I'd like to hear that conversation...

Ridiculous69Ridiculous695 months ago

Just amazed at some of the comments. What person wants to find out after their partner dies that they weren’t the person they pretended to be. Who could respect a spouse who lead this secret life that wasn’t what hubby agreed to. No reasonable or rational person reaches out to her lesbian lover after finding out. So many authors remove any self esteem or respect from the husband characters but sell whatever the wife did was ok and special. What utter nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

hope you got caught out , pat.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere9 months ago

I would have loved to hear the conversation!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

FTDS. 3 stars

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

A very well written story about life !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah... THAT would be my biggest priority if my wife just died. Consoling her lesbian lover.

kdad9010kdad9010about 1 year ago

Beautiful. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please stick to cars in your stories because you know diddly squat about 18 wheelers. Trucks of that size cannot "lose” their brakes from a broken hose . The brakes are AIR and if pressure is lost the brakes activate immediately.

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 1 year ago

This was a great story! Fife stars for sure. What an odd thing for John to discover after the passing of his wife. But he was mature about it and in the end was calling her lover, Judith, to tell her about the car accident that took Deborah away from the both of them.

Bill669JBill669Jover 1 year ago

Very touching and emotional story. John is doing the right things to get closure

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboyover 1 year ago

Short stories are not novels, they do not need to close everything off, answer all questions. One type of short story poses an interesting situation and leaves the rest to our imagination. It provokes us to consider, how would we react?, what would we do? This is a very good story of that type. 5 stars,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I disagree with the others. It is the author's story and they end it where they think it should. For me it is spot on. Admire the way the author thinks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with others it ends too soon. But it was a 5 up to the point it ended, so a 5 it stays, possibly with an asterisk. I love what little I've read of yours so far, most recently your "Blindsided" 4 part series tonight, so my comment there isn't up yet as of this writing. They'll probably both go up at the same time. That one and this one each show a side of marriage and human relationships I've not seen until now on Literotica, and I've read quite a number of stories here. And they show that you have a mind that doesn't shy away from realities and possible realities just because they aren't popularly accepted. I admire and applaud that. At least until I don't. 😀 Yee I'm human too, with a history of not seeing what I don't want to see on occasion, particularly in relationships. But I do face them once I recognize them, eventually if not immediately. And that's what appeals to me in your main character here. Good job, even if you did cut it off too soon for myself as well as for some others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, emotional story. Agree with others that the story ended too abruptly: would have liked to have seen the conversation with Judith. There also could be an email / obituary sent to all the online friends and publishing sites. Very sad when friends just "disappear" forever online. (Friends of the author Josephus have done that in is biography page) An online obituary fears by John and Deborah could be a nice follow-on story.

Did Deborah cheat? - not in my opinion. She has an emotional relationship with Judith but never abandons her husband. Her bisexuality is a part of her that she feels she can't share because she fears it will hurt her husband's feelings. Almost everyone has a part of themselves that they don't share with others. (Look up jihad it's window)

Mfj

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

3 stars. It cuts off too abruptly, all that build up and then just stops at the climax of the story. I think it should have included the conversation between John and Judith for some closure for both.

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

Well that was a fair beginning of a story. Sadly, that's all I can call it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, she cheated, both emotionally, and sexually. It doesn’t matter if she actually met someone in person or not. He should tell her family and friends. Ruin her reputation.

ZK

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

It was a good story until the end, the conversation that should have been part of the story wasn't there. So, this story goes to stories that are unfinished and no conclusion, too bad as the conversation would have been interesting to hear. 3/5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting story. It does raise a moral dilemma, or two. But like Wricketts said, I would really have liked to have heard (or read) the conversation between Judith and John. I don’t know if it would answer my question of “was she or wasn’t she” cheating, but I still would liked to have heard that conversation. Regardless, I think the story is Five Star worthy, first for its uniqueness and second because it made me do a little deep thinking. Anyway, thanks, Patricia, for a great story.

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 years ago

I would have love to hear that con

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

jimjam69 got it right. A well told emotional tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

28thNC

I think you're mistaken. There are a HUGE number of women who married homosexual men and deliberately turned a blind eye to it.

In short, they knew, but didn't want to know.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Most women wouldn't be able to handle this if the gender was reversed. Ain't that right Angel?

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
A sad story

A terrible way to find out how she really felt.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

A well told emotional tale. A hard one to ponder given his place. But, well done and interesting things to consider.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Most men wouldn't be able to handle this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

God, this story WRECKED me. And I haven't even lost a spouse. In this man's place, I would be so desperately sad that my wife hadn't been able to share this with me. Please, PLEASE, don't keep love a secret.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Old story but a good lessen - Don't save anything you don't want anyone else to find! Delete the chats, texts, emails, and so on. Her writing stories is fine, a hobby, so what if you may not care for her subject matter. But her emotional affair should have remained a secret and could have if she only deleted the stuff. If it were me I would be hurt that she also loved someone else and I would feel lucky she did not actually meet up. I would have worried how much longer she could have held out but I would still have been hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't think she cheated, there was however betrayal. She stated her feelings without acting on them. However, I believe that each time she expressed her love for Judith, there was betrayal to her husband. Speaking as a long term victim of a 20 year emotional affair by a wife to a past (present) love, the expectation that your spouse is to forsake all others does not limit itself to a particular sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Brings back some very painful memories of going thru similar (not lesbian) discoveries of betrayal after my wife passed in 2006. RIP my favorite fishing partner. Never forgotten, but still not forgiven.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* Outstanding story

A unique plot for LW -- I personally don't see what she did as cheating. She talked to friends about her real feelings, things she felt would hurt her husband if she shared. I would like to think eventually she would have shared this part of her life, but really I've been married almost 40 years, there are things I absolutely will never share with my wife. Those will never happen and might hurt her somehow. I can handle keeping it secret, no need to even risk that. Hell we have enough things in the open that can hurt us, no need to add more if it's not necessary.

Does this rise to that, cheating/hurt, she was doing what she could to explore the feelings she had. Would she ever cross the line, the author let's us make the decision. It's best that way I think. (btw I don't think she would)...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UNIQUE

This story is unique. I don't think I have read anything similar. It is a really good story that shows the talent and depth of intelligence of the author. 5*

markellymarkellyabout 4 years ago
Thank you...

An interesting story and one that makes the reader make the choices. I read this twice in one sitting, not because I’m thick, more because I wanted to make up my mind and worried I had missed something.

The author wrote an interesting story, the facts were there to see and yet that same author allowed us, the reader, to make our own opinions. A well worked story, I gave it five stars only because I couldn’t give it more.

A true work of art and a story that I will come back to from time to time.

Thank you.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again, I still think it was an outstanding story. Not sure about her cheating, but still enjoyed the story.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago

That's a really really good story, the discoveries he made, the worry, tension he felt, it felt real. Made my heart race.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Terrific story, but also disturbing.

Was she cheating? I don't know enough about what was said in those emails. It seems that she was on the line or across it. His loss enables him to forgive her more easily, But this isn't the time for blame. He is suffering and perhaps he can heal a bit more with help from the women. The story was wonderfully written. Good job! Tough read.

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
Wonderfully Written

Thank you for this 5 star story. Deborah loved John, ignore those that say otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I disagree with the comments below

She did cheat, that she didnt fuck her lovers is immaterial, imagine a long run on sentence that meanders back and forth going nowhere, something five time longer than what I wrote here, the entirety of that run on sentence is the lies, is the betrayal, is the cheating, the fucking is merely the period at the end of the sentence.

She never loved her husband, she loved the life she provided, the life where she could live in comfort resting on her fat ass while cheating on him

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not For The First Time

I'm simply going to agree with 26thNC. As for those couple of nasty Anons, go finishing rotting somewhere else. Signed: BTW

richg780richg780almost 5 years ago
I feel sorry for you, Anonymous

This is.a great story. Yes she fell in love with another woman but she CHOSE not to act on her feelings BECAUSE she loved her husband above all others. If you can't see she is a truly loving wife, Anonymous, then I feel sorry for you.

I've never commented before but this last comment made me both sad and angry. This story is great. Sorry for venting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"Hello Judith. This is Deborah's husband John. Please don't hang up! I have some terrible news and I desperately need to talk to you, for both our sakes."

She dead Judith, I found out the whore was cheating on me with you and others and I killed her for it. The cops will never figure it out, she is being cremated in about twenty minutes, you'll never be able to prove anything. I just wanted to let you know I'm coming for you next, and then the others. Start looking over your sholder bitch, see you soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Eh, I;d have gone out of my way

to find all the whore's cheating partners and punished them

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
I often wonder ...

What will my friends and family think of my stories when I’m gone? What will they think of me? What will they say? Will they accept my stories as part of me? I hope they find something good in them to remember me by.

Patricia; I enjoyed this story more then I can say. Thanks so much.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Shouldn't

Feeling as I do about cheating, I probably shouldn't like this, but I did. I enjoyed it very much. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not really the kind of story I like. It was certainly well written, and I’m sure many people do like and appreciate it. But I just don’t.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

To hell with those last two commenters. You wrote an outstanding story. It was unique, it showed real emotion, and it built a sense of tension that was released in a satisfying way. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RE: it's not bad

couldn't have said it better. you cut to the heart of the matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Its not bad

But its not good. The husband is still in the never-never land of "I found my soul-mate, love is unconditional...bla bla bla"

Her death only makes him feel too sad and guilty, I imagine, to even properly process the betrayal he's going through. His life was partially a lie, built of more lies. His wife was having an emotional affair. And the ONLY thing keeping her from going through with it isn't that "she loved her husband more", but she's a smart enough woman to understand her entire LIFE AND FAMILY are tied into her husband. She took a simple cold and calculated risk assessment. That's as much as she'd risk. At least what we know. She's not worried about 'hurting him', she's clearly worried about hurting herself.

If you love someone, you don't build a life with them based on lies. Hell' she's lying to herself at this point. Thought she was some poor soul trapped between two loves. It's not hard to tell him, but she understands the potential fallout. She can't un-say she loves someone else. There aren't enough vocabulary words to make her look good. And he'd no longer need to love only her, he'd be free to follow HER logic and find others too. He also is under no moral obligation to stay with her, if she had the guts to confess. He'd be justified in seeing her as a breaker of oaths, and an unworthy partner.

And you can't love the husband and cheat on him. And you can't love the woman and string her along like a side-piece mistress. She was having her cake, and eating it too. She can shower these people in affection, but not love. Love is more than chemical reactions, personality compatibility, and time. It's WORK. She's a part-time worker, and she should have owned that. He signed up for full-time employment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Didn’t Like This Story

For one thing, it wasn’t really a story, it was more of an anecdote. And yes, there’s a difference. For another, I despise cheaters who don’t pay a price and suffer for their treachery. And I despise even more the “third party”, the person who knowingly inserts him or herself into a marriage. No, I didn’t like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Delightful, and perfectly finished

This story ended exactly where it was supposed to. A gem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worthless without an ending

Since there was no ending to this story, it wasn't worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
mmm

unfinished need to keep going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

But why would a mentally normal person want to call a worthless cunt like that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Quit reading

After the sixth paragraph. 18 wheelers operate with air brakes! If the brake (air) line breaks, the brakes engage and the truck comes to a stop. You sometimes see the result of this on highways where there are skid marks from dual tires in a driving lane that go onto the road shoulder and then stop. If you can't get something that simple right, how do you expect me to believe the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Unfinished??

Nice story but feels unfinished. Another chapter about John and Judith’s conversation / reaction would finish it off nicely....

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
Great story

She could not have been more clear about her intentions. Great story of love. I bet John wishes she could have explored this as he loved her as she loved him. Would have loved to hear conversation, but that was right place to end it. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

To me this is nothing more than a woman’s fantasy of “Eat your cake and have it too”. D

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Interesting from the female point of view

A husband would never write this story. I wonder what Patricia would do with a story of the wife reading the same thing about her husband.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Nicely done. Very enjoyable read.

No one was hurt in any way by her friends/contacts .... she made it clear up front that she was happily married and would never meet with anyone.

She had an emotional need and her ' hobby ' helped fulfill it.

She was cheating, but it was oh so gentle. Not admitting her needs to her husband was her biggest fault, but then she didnt want to risk hurting him in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
to be unfaithful one does not need to actually commit the act

2* since you wrote a good story of an unfaithful wife who cheated in her own mind and hid her secret life from her husband and family. It wasn't a matter of her loving her husband more, but of just loving him enough not to want to hurt him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
His wife was still a cheater!

She may not of had sex with Judith but she did carry on emotional cheating with Judith behind her husband's back. So she did cheat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wayward love?

I loved your story. It certainly brought tears to my eyes reading where she always professed her love for you first and foremost. Maybe because mine was different. From 1999 to 2010 the year she died she wouldn´t let me touch her. She complained it was her hepatitis that made sexual intercourse too painful. ( found out two weeks ago that the hepatitis she had, if left untreated would have killed her within the year) My late wife had gotten it from a blood transfusion thirty two years before. Boxing her stuff away for my daughters to go through later, I started finding notes she kept from other men I then found out she didn´t love me and the only reason she stayed was because of the lifestyle I gave her that her lovers couldn´t. The most damning was her day planner where I found that early 2010 she was still carrying an affair with a man we both considered a friend. I can´t forgive all those years she cheated me of a life together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nicely written, very thought provoking...

Congratulations on a thought provoking story, very well written. I never got the impression you were preaching to us or trying to change our minds or tell us what is the "correct" way to feel about monogamy and homosexuality. What I read was a very balanced story, not necessarily about homosexuality or homophobia, but simply about a long-distance emotional affair never realized face-to-face. Very interesting, I'm still thinking about what I might have done under the same circumstances.

An emotional affair, long distance, they never met in real life; Did she betray her husband?

First off, we should admit the true answer lies with her husband. He's the aggrieved party, the spouse, it's up to him to decide if he feels betrayed. In this story, he isn't really given the opportunity to experience the full range of emotions normally available due to his wife's untimely death. If she was still alive and he had discovered her secret, what would he do? How would he feel? I don't think any of us can answer that. His wife, however, was under the impression that it WOULD hurt him, and yet she persisted, apparently depending heavily on his trust, that he wouldn't go "snooping" in her private files. Not making a judgement there, just stating facts.

We can answer for ourselves though, and in my case, I really don't think I would feel "betrayed". I would certainly be jealous, I would certainly require that she say "good-bye" and never contact her again, any of them, for that matter. I couldn't allow it to continue because of the risk of those feelings growing stronger over time, that their love might grow to a point where it rivaled the love between my wife and I, and that the urge to make the fantasy into reality could become overwhelming in the future. Also remember that his wife is just one side of the romance: what about Judith? What if Judith suddenly decided to travel to see Deborah? What if the doorbell rang and Deborah found Judith standing on the front porch? Could she resist? Would it be another one of those, "We'll be together this one time, and then never again", stories, because we all know how those turn out. Everything changes with the introduction of a physical relationship - everything. So, yeah, I would make sure she stopped all communications with that world.

Would I feel betrayed though? I'm only referring to what he found on the computer, the chats and emails, NOT what "might" have happened in the future. I don't think so, I don't think I would consider it a betrayal, yet it bothers me to say that and I'm not sure why. She was "in" that world before we got together and she chose me, leaving the other behind. When she started noticing women again and, I'm sure, thinking about things she'd done in the past, she also started writing stories to help alleviate at least some of the pressure - although I'm not sure how writing lesbian-themed erotic stories would help in that sense. She still had erotic chats with lesbians, but was up front about never doing it with anyone in real life. It bothers me more than a little though, that she started out writing stories, then having chats with other authors, then having chats and sending email to other lesbians, and then building, over time, a very special relationship with one lesbian in particular, finally admitting that she loved her. That shows a marked progression with dangerous consequences ahead, IF she kept progressing on from there.

So, for now anyway, I can say I would NOT feel as if she betrayed me. I would insist on the cessation of all communication (which Judith said she (they) were expecting anyway), and I would want us to work with a counselor or shrink to find out why she started having those thoughts again and exactly how important they would be in regards to her quality of life going forwards. I would also be hurt that she kept it from me for so long, why didn't she tell me she was writing stories and having these issues? Was she afraid of how I would respond or was she secretly enjoying having those feelings again and wanted to run with it for a while? It seems to indicate that maybe she didn't believe she would be fairly treated or listened to, or perhaps she was ashamed (she mentioned always planning to stay in the closet) for having those feelings again, or was she just scared of my reaction? I don't know, but it would make me sad to discover these things, especially after her death, knowing that it was a conscience decision on her part to keep them secret.

I wonder how the telephone call to Judith went? Would it be possible for John and Judith to "bond" in some way because of her death? Or would they both regret the feelings Deborah had for the other? Too bad the author didn't continue the story.

Good story, very thought provoking. 5 stars.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
very good

loved it. The concept of the story was unique. The story was very nice to read, with obvious self recrimination, and self analysis. I couldn't stop reading it, not that it was that long, I just wanted to know.

My wife passed away over a year ago, and knew a lot of her friends online, at least when I helped her with some of the games she played. It turned out that I had to let them know about her passing, and in doing so, ended up getting some correspondence from them. It was one of those friends, that finally helped me get over the loss, and get my head together. Was there any lesbian thoughts going on, I don't think so, but I never checked, it was time long gone. Nice story, and does have value to the reader, and society.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow

excellent writing.

I dont like the thought of a spouse loving another, but darn you write it so well.

She did hurt her husband, intentional or not, with her emotional affair. She was cheating.

His pain of losing her overrode that however.

Yes, excellent story telling.

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
What a wonderful story

John finds his wife living a secret sexual life.

But he also finds his wife put their relationship at the top. It is indicated that her "cheating" have improved their love life.

I wish my spouse had a secret female lover.

avidfaavidfaover 8 years ago
Great story, well told

Please don't let the troglodytes get you down. I hope you can see that they only have 2 or so buckets into which they must jam all of their experience, so they see nuance and complexity as evil because it whispers to them that their understanding of reality is hopelessly inadequate, that their two buckets don't begin to contain all of reality.

I found the story heart felt, the writing marvelous, and the ending just perfect (although I would have enjoyed hearing the conversation and after events, it wasn't needed).

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
one hole

On an 18 wheeler if a brake hose fails it activates the brakes, it is loss of air pressure that makes them work.

Using the air horn too long will cause braking.

Trains are the same.

I know this writer has not written lately, but this may help other writers.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 9 years ago
Goodness

You write well; always so well constructed with the reality of the feelings uppermost. So much of secret computer users' lives are there waiting to be unveiled when the defences are down for whatever reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
no man

phones his wife's lover to let her know that his wife is dead only in some dumbass chick lesbian story do you call it loving.

if you dont understand the concept of wife/mate dont write about it pat, any way not like a dyke can love a man.

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Think about

I too had to think about this. Love is such a powerful word yet probably the most misused in our language. We can read poetry, listen to music and look at art, all of these can stir up feelings making us say we love this poem or that piece of music. But we don't love the poet, the composer or the artist, do we?. We love what they do, Deborah is afraid of telling her husband she feels sexually attracted to some women but she is happy to talk to some one she does not know, make no mistake here all she was looking at were words on a screen it' s not a face to face conversation. To express love of that faceless person is ridiculous. Many people engage in flirtatious conversations via the internet, but love of some one via the internet not having met them tells me Deborah has a psychological problem. In my humble opinion where a couple (no children in the house) feel they need to have private passwords there is a fundamental problem in that relationship as of course this story shows.

As always a well written story by patricia51 but poor old Deborah was "away with the fairies", it's a funny old world.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Cheating is cheating!

This is a sad and thought-provoking story. I read it yesterday and had to think about it before I wrote a comment. I think this wife is cheating on her husband. She loves another person (man or woman makes no difference). Isn't there something in the wedding vows about "forsaking all others"? It doesn't say that you can't have sex with them but you can love others. I don't mean love others as ourselves, but the "I love You" emotional kind of love. That should be reserved for the husband only. This woman was cheating on her husband. Her disrespect and disloyalty (is that a word?) was still there even though she said she put her real husband first, but I don't think she did. She wanted the best of both worlds and we all know how that works out. I feel real sorry for this guy, with her being dead, he'll never know.

Thanks for an enjoyable story.

DB71DB71almost 10 years ago
very well done!

I thank you for your story. I think it is a very realistic point of view. Deborah feels like a real person. She's complicated as we all are. She is being true to her beliefs. She loves her husband, but has always had a love for women too. She made a descision to always put her "real" life and husband first. So yeah, it is realistic to me. That's not to say that what she chose to do in living a secret life from her husband is right. But as writen, she is true to her ideals.

Reading some of the other comments, I see that most are very critical and harsh to Deborah. I think everyone reacts to a given situation based on thier life expirences and how they have dealt with them. I am not saying that anyone else's comments are wrong in anyway. That is them being realistic to thier point of view.

So having said all that. I wonder what would have happened if Deborah had not died in the car accident. What if she was hospitalized for her injuries and John found out as the story reads? Because it seems to me that while he expirenced a range of emotions, he had never gone threw the rage of betrayal and need to lash out that usually generates. If Deborah had survived, what would he have done? I'm not asking this of other readers, but of the author, as she knows these characters better than anyone.

Thank you for your works

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Not saying the ending is wrong

but one must look at the disrespect, the false face, the violation of their vows, the lack of trust, honor and commitment she had. This is the aspect missing from this tale.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
hmmm

Most of the time I am solidly BTB, but this has me more inclined to agree with John, the husband.

This does not quite fall under cheating

1) She openly and repeatedly told everyone that her husband came first, that nothing would be allowed to interfere with her real life.

2) It was never physical.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Silly

The facts are the facts, you can't have your cake and eat it too! So, forming a "love" attachment even through the internet is in fact cheating! Discussing your marriage relationship with others is in fact a betrayal, unless it is approved by your spouse! As this story appears to be written by a woman, she has her husband come to terms with his wife's affair. Women more than men have a need to be thought of as "good people". For that to happen, the husband has to be okay with what he has discovered about his wife. Sadly, the facts are still the facts. Cheaters, betrayers, are not "good people" They are in fact bad people. Instead of working on the most important relationship in her life, she choose to go elsewhere for that intimacy. Perhaps she chose another woman, so as to not as directly reject her husband. In any case, she died a bad person, be betraying wife, and a cheat! For those that cannot deal with the truth, those who want to ignore the facts, you are destined to suffer from your own irrational behavior and to drag others into it as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
@cantbuymy

What a completely hateful little "man" you are. Your stories and comments are like a creeping cancer.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

send copies of all of the emails to everyone the slut knew with the comment - I'M GLAD THE CHEATING WHORE IS DEAD!"

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
I agree with

Scorpio44. No way this story's "cheating" is like what we typically read on this site.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Just sad

That John is not smart enough to know he was being betrayed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
awesome story

good story you should add on to this story though.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Who are you married to?

The trouble with this story is that the betrayal lies in the secret second life his wife was leading on the internet. It does not matter that she did not "consummate" the relationship. The relationship itself was an adulterous additive the marriage. John did not really know who his wife was, because she hid it from him. She pretended to be someone else. She did this for her own gain and lied to herself that it was to protect him. I personally would like to have the choice as to whether to be in a relationship with a person who was carrying on a relationship with another person. Not giving her husband that choice is disrespectful, as well as deceptive. She deceived him with lies of omission. He could only be gracious to Judith because his wife was now dead, and the lie died with her.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
great story

about a cheating slut. he should be glad she is dead so he does not have to pay for a divorce.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Unique! A look deep inside the shadow world where she lived...

She sheltered him, loved him and... so much more. I wouldn't call her a cheater or say she betrayed him. The saddest part of the tale is that she never found a way to trust him enough to share her "other life" with him. Imagine living with her being able to fully love and be loved on both sides of the street!

thanks for a thought provoking tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
5

A 5. Partly for good writing, partly to offset the nastiness from the white trash losers who are not worth having any woman.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
TRAGEDY AND LOSSES

hard to overcome with total strangers. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Well

John would never know if Deborah would have crossed the line. He found out about her secret internet life and it could have just been a matter of time before she acted on it. Yes, in the end John contacted this wife's lesbian emotional lover to make her aware of the tragedy but...

Who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
cheating is cheating

now what he needs to do is post every message she had to every friend and member of the famile he can reach. not under his name of course. or maybe he can open a web site and post them all there and then send then all the link with a few messages. he can't hurt her but he sure can fuck with her memory.

IN11ZIN11Zover 12 years ago
The Ultimate Betrayal

I tend to agree with Kanga. The widower is a prime candidate for topping himself - this internet fling may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Sure - he contacts Judith and they celebrate Deb's life but later on when he's alone in the darkness - the barrel will move up to his mouth.

Makes me wish he'd never seen her stuff in the first place - he'd life out the rest of his life without knowing.

Thought provoking story. 4****

joshuacarpinojoshuacarpinoover 12 years ago
the sad thing is...

...somewhere in the south there really is a man who will never know how far the woman he's been married to for almost forty years,raised children with,lived through the death of one with,lived through long seperations from while he was with the marines and been grandparents with has really gone. or maybe he's better off. yes,i'm talking about the author's husband.patricia51,if you read this,you're a sad testimony to the fact that we can never ever trust or know another human being no matter how much time goes by. and that no matter how achingly corrupt someone is,they can always rationalize it away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

His wife was cheating on him emotionally and lying to him for years. She didn't physically cheat yet but she didn't live long enough for her to eventually take that step.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
To anon

It's a love story not a lesbian story.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Just a bit pissed

Sorry Patti but this is the 4th time I have tried to post a comment. Great story. I am sad for both of them. Thanks. Jim

LechemanLechemanover 12 years ago
Good Story

There is no black and white stamp for internet chatting especially where the emotions are concerned and let's face it you are dealing with the human emotional psyche on the net.

Maybe they should now include in wedding vows that internet canoodling will not be tolerated as well....lolz

Bottom line: If you cannot talk to your partner about another person whom you feel love for, if you feel it will hurt them and yet you continue...then it is cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Why LW and not Lesbian?

Pretty pathetic, I think. A cheater is a cheater regardless of the sex that the cheater is involved with.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Excellent as always

You show more feeling and put more reality into your stories than "Any" other writer I have read on this site. I have heard that cyber affairs are emotional cheating, but after reading this I realized that it can a release valve as well. One does have to decide where the heart goes or stays don't they? So why not have both an emotional affair online and a real life with your chosen too if you need both? Most couples have fantasies about others and keep them as fantasies just like this wife did. I defy anyone to say they never have...

Aren't we all living in fantasy land online? Just by reading all the stories in "Loving wives?" Aren't we taking away a little bit of ourselves from our spouse? Isn't that better than acting out our fantasy? She could have left her husband and went to Judith like some do in these stories. Yet this woman kept herself from doing so because she did not want to hurt her husband. How can you not admire her?

I have heard on this site that feelings are feelings. They can be kept from being exposed but never destroyed. Of course on this site they can definitely be expressed...and that is a good thing I think. Well...except for the negative rantings of commenters on other peoples efforts at writing for all of us. Thats when I express my feelings! I guess I am getting as bad as Harry!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous