All Comments on 'Last Woman In Apocalypse'

by Eros_343

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Stealth Fallout story. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
a premise with potential

The premise of the story was very interesting, but it feels underdeveloped, this could have been a great story with worldbuilding etc.

EquilibriumorEminenceEquilibriumorEminenceover 3 years ago
I like the concept, but it could use more plot and character development

I think there is a very important distinction between realism and reality; you don't need a story to take place in our reality (or anything remotely close to it), but you do need the kind of narrative logic and consistency that gives the story a sense of realism. The concept of only one woman ending up in a fallout shelter is very interesting, there are plenty of things that could lead to that sort of accident and so many sociological forces at play around sexuality (reproduction, the fate of humanity, etc.). But starting with the premise that an all male fallout shelter was planned (and that there was a separate all female one--where women will slowly lose their fertility over decades of sheltering from radiation), but one exception was made for one guy and his favorite guy makes no sense. She didn't even go through some secret back entrance or anything, so every single male there knows she exists. And this was planned? Knowing that people could be stuck in their for decades, they thought it would be feasible for there to be only one female without the whole system being overthrown? In a year the whole shelter will be in chaos and guys will be fighting over her (power, control, etc.). Frankly a mostly female shelter with a few male breeders (or some frozen sperm) could make sense. Or if there were a very limited number of young (healthy, fertile) women to a much higher ratio of men, with only the guards/leadership having access to the women and the rest of the men being used for labor because they believe that you can't have too big of a population boom because of supplies but need a lot of adult manual labor to keep things going--that takes us into a sort of reasonable scenario. Or just an accident where there is only one woman and she realizes that she needs to curry the favor of the most powerful men to protect her; that makes total sense. Anyway, I am leaving such a long comment because I think you have a really good story concept and potential to write more exciting stories. I just think you need to test your concepts a little more, because it's hard to stay in the story when you're rational mind is screaming "this would never work!!!" really loudly.

rpuresteelrpuresteelabout 3 years ago

Not bad, but ends rather abruptly. From the title I'd figured she'd be dealing with the whole shelter not just the two in charge.

Would be nice to read more of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the idea, but I don't know why this is non-con when she seems to immediately start hungering for dick, seems rather consensual really, if dubious consent.

Fmdmlvr1992Fmdmlvr1992over 2 years ago

This is amazing! I’d love a sequel! :D

Fmdmlvr1992Fmdmlvr1992over 2 years ago

This is amazing! I’d love sequels! :D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous