Laura and Greg Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kalimaxos
Kalimaxos
1,932 Followers

I thought about that for a second before calling. In the past, Garrison Gray, a senior VP at the firm I worked at and family friend had been my mentor. But his behavior toward my cousin Celia working at our firm made me question his judgement at best, his motives for sure and his loyalty at worse. He had offered my cousin a promotion that was tied to them having sex once a week. Celia had taken that option, which meant she was now his agent, and that I could not trust her. I had to assume the worse, that Celia had told him of my secret. That Celia was the woman I had an affair with before and after I found out Laura was cheating on me for sure.

That was still an issue I had to deal with and soon. I didn't want to take the chance of Laura finding out from someone else. And I had to start treating Laura better; somehow find a way for us to make peace. While pissed at her, I still loved her. To be honest, I couldn't see my life without her.

Who was I kidding, she was everything to me; her and the kids. Her infidelity hurt because I loved her. If I didn't I wouldn't give a shit. And worse of all, I knew that had she not cheated on me first, I would have with Celia. And if not her, someone else. Laura just beat me to it.

Its hard for us men to accept our faults and screw ups. I know, because I am that way and have seen other men do the same. Blaming Laura may have been convenient for someone else, but not for me. Not anymore.

Thinking it all out just then I made up my mind. I called Laura at work.

"What's up," she said answering my call.

"I'll make it quick," I replied. "I love you."

"OK," I heard her gasp. "I love you too Greg."

"Are you alone?"

"Actually, Angela just walked in."

"No problem. Listen I really mean it. I love you. Do you understand?"

"I think so, but I get the feeling you are trying to say something to me."

"No matter what happened," I replied. "I want us to fix things and forgive each other."

"Greg, are you sure?" I heard her voice breaking.

"Yes. I am," I replied. And for the first time in some time, I actually was. "On one condition Laura."

"Whatever it is, yes."

"Hear it first," I replied. "You can never, ever, ever lie to me or hold things back. If you and I are to make this happen, we have to trust each other one hundred percent. If not, we are fooling ourselves. Do you agree."

"I do Greg, but can we talk about this more later?"

"Put us on speaker, OK? And tell her to close the door."

"OK," she replied. "Angela, Greg wants to talk to us both. Can you close the door?"

I heard some noise and Angela saying "whatever," as Laura put us on speaker.

"Hi Greg," Angela chimed in.

"Hi, your worship," I replied teasing her.

"Asshole," Angela scoffed. "Make it quick. I have things to do."

"You can play with your clit later," I replied not willing to take her shit anymore. I liked her, but enough was enough of her talking down to us. I heard her try to respond.

"What the fuck Greg..."

But I kept going.

"So this is the deal with me and Laura. We are meeting the new couples together, no separate sex with me-only deals. From now on Laura and I do everything together like you people do. We show up together and leave together."

"That's not how it supp..."

"Angela, cut the bullshit," I cut her off. "You know that Laura and I are a good fit for the group. We will go through the individual couple meets, but we are doing it together. Capish?"

There was silence on the other end of the phone for a few seconds.

"Greg, you and I need to talk. Are you free for lunch?"

"I am, but I want Laura there."

Laura

I was silent as Greg and Angela sparred. I was silent because I was silently crying. I was silent in shock and happiness that my husband was forgiving me and wanting a fresh start. I was crying because I was caught between a rock and a heart place with my secret ex-lover. No matter how close we were becoming again, I was just not ready to tell Greg who That Man was. If ever.

"Greg, I really need to talk to you alone," Angela said.

"Not happening Angela. I just told my wife that she and I are starting fresh and all the past is to be forgiven. But as you know with such things, it will never be forgotten. To gain each other's trust, we need to be honest with each other about everything. That can't happen while you and I are having private conversations she is not invited to, or having sex on the side, or sending her over to clean your bathrooms. By the way, tell Joe that was a shitty and disrespectful thing to do and that he owes Laura an apology. She's not his fucken slave and I'm not your walking dildo."

I chuckled at that through my tears. That was my man. The man I loved standing up for me; for us. I was still crying and trying to think fast.

"Someone had some strong coffee this morning," Angela said trying not to give in, but I could see it in her face; there was the beginning of a smirk forming there. Greg had impressed her. "OK, I you get a meeting with us three. Joe is out of town for the next two days, so he can't join us. When is a good time for you?"

"Noon is fine. We can do a local restaurant; your pick. My treat. I'll pick you guys up."

"Fine then. Now say goodbye to your wife, so me and her can talk behind your back. It's a girl thing Greg, part of the deal. All women do it. Call and ask your mom."

"Let's leave her out of this for now," Greg replied. "Laura, see you at lunch. Don't let Angela talk you in to selling one of the kids to her. If so, hold out for a good price."

I smiled at that. Greg sounded happy for a change. I wasn't sure what made him change, but I was loving it.

"You got it Greg," I said suppressing another sob. "And Greg... I love you."

"Love you too," he said and hung up.

I looked at Angela who had this amused but questioning grin on her face.

"What I blazes was all that?" she asked sitting back. Her body language told me she was cautious. And so was I.

"He called to say he forgives me. But that I have to be honest with him from now on and not to hide things from him either. Angela, I'm scared."

"You think he will ask who you were with during your foot loose and cheat for free run?"

"I don't know," I replied putting my head between my hands and pushing my hair up over my head in exasperation. "I can't tell him who That Man was."

"I kind of agree, it could place everything you and he have on the line. But then so is not telling him Laura. If you don't he will blow a gasket when he finds out. And I'm thinking eventually he will."

"No if you and Joe don't tell him. I just... I am scared." I was panicking.

"What exactly have you told him about That Man?"

"That he treated me nice, the way Greg used to."

"I promised you that I would not reveal his identity to Greg. And I and Joe will keep that promise. But you have better come up with something quick before lunch. And don't think of blowing him off. Greg is giving you everything you wanted girl. Forgiveness and openness. The building blocks to trust. If he catches you at a lie, you are fucked. And not in a good way."

"I know Angela," I wiped the tears from my face and picked up my purse. I need to get myself together. I pointed to my face and the ruined make up. "I'm going to the ladies to fix this."

"Work calls," Angela replied and stood. "I'll meet you up front at noon. Don't be late."

I nodded and rushed out the door. My goal being to rush in the ladies room and hide in a stall to think, think. And think.

Angela

'How did I get stuck with these two and their drama?' I asked myself on the way back to my office. On the way I passed Marketing Steve's office. He looked up with a familiar look, but I gave him an admonishing "you can forget it" look. Asshole. He still had the hots for Laura. Everyone knew. Especially since his divorce.

But he eyeballed very woman in the company worth eyeballing and had been hitting on me for two years. I got to my office and called Joe out of town. I was glad he answered.

"Hey hot stuff," he replied.

"Don't you forget it mister. I just got scoped out."

"Did you get all juicy and stuff?" Joe chuckled.

It was an old joke pattern for us. He had done it to me in the past. Our inside joke. A way to let each other know we knew each of us was hot to each other and that we trusted each other.

"We fucked on his desk, people were placing bets how fast he would shoot in my pussy," I started laughing.

"You got video?" he said playing along.

"No you asshole," I replied snickering. "And the guy is a sorry ass moron. One of Laura's leftovers. I can't stand him. It's that guy Steve I told you about."

"The divorced guy that still has the hots for her?"

"He has the hots for anyone walking past his office. How are you babe?"

"Well, I was going to fuck my boss' wife, but she is not up to my standards. Still, a promotion would be nice."

"Joe, if I didn't love you I would divorce you just for that bad joke."

"Bullshit, you would appreciate the extra income," he replied.

"So. An ugly woman is giving you a... raise?"

"Not happening babe," Joe replied.

I love that man. I really love that man. To think I could have lost him back in our days of floundering.

"So why did you call, other than for my witty banter?" he added.

"OK, fun's over mister," I said. "Listen up. Greg wants me and Laura to have lunch and talk. He already grew a pair apparently and told me, get this, to forget separate play sessions with anyone. That Laura and he were a team and that is how it's gonna be."

"How John Wayne of him," Joe replied. I could sense him smiling or smirking at me; enjoying that Greg had stood up to me. "Can I say I predicted this?"

"Is that how you gonna do me babe?" I replied trying to get out of admitting he had been right.

"I want to hear it Angela. You know the drill."

"OK Joe," I scoffed. "You were right."

"And?" he pressed me.

"Eugh..." I groaned in feigned exasperation. "And I was wrong."

"You know I love you right?" He said. The bastard, he knows that gets to me.

"I love you too babe," I replied in a truly loving tone. Hey, a girl can love her husband.

"So what's the problem?" he asked. "So Greg grew a pair. What's wrong with that?"

"Well, it goes against our plan for them."

"The plan you came up with and can revise at will babe," he replied. "So revise it. Be the bigger person. Act cool and like you expected it and are glad you don't have to hold their hand anymore. Ask him why it took so long."

"Are you serious?"

"Never been more so. It's a guy thing. Never let a guy think they got you cornered. If they try it act like you wanted it to go that way. If they make a joke about you make a bigger joke about yourself. Takes the edge of the testosterone thing we are burdened with."

"Well... when did you become the sage? Wait, have you been doing that to me all this time? Joe...?"

"Catch you later babe. I'm busy. Bye" he said, and I swear, that asshole I call the love of my life hung up on me.

But I giggled at his impertinence and sat back to think things out. So we were going to go along with Greg's way of single meetings with the other member couples. It was not bad for me. One less babysitting thing I had to take on in my life. Greg and Laura were not kids; and the other members could conduct their meet and great how they wanted.

So, what was left... was Laura's secret Man and his identity. I had promised not to talk about him, to anyone. And shit, I forgot to ask Joe what to do about that. Oh well, he and I had already talked about it. So long as Laura wanted it secret, we would say nothing to Greg. It was between them. After all, that arrogant asshole Greg had his own secret. And I was certain his newfound faith in honesty and trust was not going to include divulging THAT information during lunch... or ever!

So ten minutes to noon, I went to the ladies, fixed my makeup, took a look at my hot self and walked toward the elevators to head downstairs. Just as I was about to get in, Steve, the Marketing asshole jumped in the elevator. Oh, this was not good.

"What are you doing Steve?" I asked showing him I was not amused or happy sharing a ride with him. But I did not slink to the opposite end like a scared cat. I stood my ground standing in the middle of the elevator like I owned it. You have to treat these losers like what they are; not worthy. I couldn't stand him since before he hooked up with Laura. I never saw what SHE saw in him.

"Angela, how come you and I never..."

"That's the word Steve," I cut him off. "Never. Remember that word when you have these silly thoughts of you and me... EVER, doing anything. The answer is Ne-ver."

The side of his face twitched at my comment as he got angry with me. But I stared him down.

"Let it go Steve," I said and turned away from him.

Then it hit me. Fuck! I had been so focused on him and me that I forgot Laura would be in the lobby.

DING!

The elevator door opened and there across the lobby were Laura and Greg chatting with one arm around each other facing the elevators. They looked happy and loving as they smiled toward one another. Then Laura caught sight of Steve next to me and her face froze for a second. She tried to recover and smile again, but Greg had seen her reaction and his head snapped in our direction. He saw me, but obviously did not judge me as the source of Laura's alarm. And his eyes locked on Steve.

The world seemed like it went on slow motion as Steve and I walked off the elevator. I turned to look at the idiot next to me and thought 'Oh shit!' Steve had locked eyes with Greg who was staring right back; his gaze was not friendly.

"Do you have a problem?" Greg challenged Steve, who stopped just short of the Hansens.

"Hi Laura," Steve said ignoring Greg. "Nice seeing you again."

The bastard. It was the way he said it that was a clear taunt to Greg that Steve knew his wife and well. I hated him so much then. All the times he had hit on me didn't add up to what he was doing just now. The asshole had ruined his marriage with his whore chasing and was now vindictive enough to try and ruin Laura and Greg's.

"Steve," I said stepping between him and Greg, "Why don't..."

And that was all I managed to get out before he shoved me aside as Steve stared at Laura and Greg.

"Hansen, I fucked your whore wife," he spat out at Greg then smirked. "Many times."

Again in slow motion I saw Greg hauling back to punch him. But his wife, surprised us all by beating Greg to it. Her punch smacked the side of Steve's jaw which seemed to be made of glass. Because Stevie boy, crumbled like a sack of potatoes right on the spot.

"I'm no one's whore. Certainly not yours you piece of shit," she spat on him and gave him a kick that almost hit his balls. "Asshole."

The look on Greg's face was priceless. A mix of surprise, pride, adoration and definitely admiration as he stared at his wife. He literally had to pull Laura back from stomping on Steve's face with her 4 inch heels.

I have to say that was the last thing I expected from prim and proper Laura. But then, I think the Laura of old had been modified in the last few months. I liked this new Laura.

"Greg," she said as he held her back. "This is the man I told you about that I spent some time with during out problems. He was much different then, treating me nice and as a gentleman. But ever since I tired of him and moved on, he has been an oppressive bore making life for me miserable."

"This!" Greg said pointing down and staring at Laura, "This is the guy that made a good impression?"

I wanted to scream in laughter just then. Laura was a genius! Instead of crumbling and falling apart, she turned the situation to her advantage. Stupid Steve had given her the opportunity to confess who That Man was without actually doing so.

Now I know she was not being honest with Greg on that score, but sometimes a person has to do what is right rather what is honest to protect what is important to her. And Laura was doing just that.

Steve tried so recover from the pain on his jaw; there was blood on his lip too. I bet that smarted. But I could see the confusion on his face. The last thing he expected was for Laura to give him a good review of past behavior and then say he had soured. Which in a weird was he had.

I stared at Laura practically in... no, there is no practically about it. It was awe! My girlfriend had game in the brain! I don't think I would have been so fast thinking on my feet, and I was pretty fast.

We both tensed when Greg leaned over Steve.

"If you ever come near my wife or my family," he said and then conscious of others around us backed off.

I could tell Greg wanted to beat the living shit out of Steve from Marketing. Instead he took Laura by the hand and walked right over Steve prone form. Steve who was clearly scared of a large man looming over him cowered and recoiled in horror. Greg stepped over him to pass fast. I'm certain that the heel of his shoe stepping on Steve's fingers was an accident.

"Come on Angela," Greg said. "We'll be late for lunch."

And with that I followed the Hansens out as a man reached down to help Steve who slapped the hand away and gruffly tried to get up. But I was no longer there to witness any more of his indignity. But I did hear Greg asking Laura something.

"Seriously Laura? That was the nice man I was worried about?"

"Sorry?" Laura replied as she made eye contact with me practically pleading for me to go along with her rouge. She had nothing to worry about.

I just shook my head at her and grinned.

We got in their car and Greg drove us to the restaurant. He was quiet at first, then all of a sudden started giggling. It was just a small one at first. You know. The kind that starts the ball rolling on a giggle loop. I know I giggled next, and eventually I think Laura breathed in relief and started giggling too. By the time we reached the first light we were all laughing hysterically each for different reasons.

Myself, because I honestly thought the whole thing had been hilarious.

Laura I think our of sheer relieve she was not in trouble... just a little trouble.

And poor Greg, I felt sorry for him because I knew he was laughing on the outside but hurting inside. Hurting because his woman had chosen such a weasel to fuck around with. But at least he was not someone special as he had expected. Not someone to be concerned with... much. I knew his ego had been bruised facing one of Laura's lovers. Even had he kicked his ass; it would still be bothering him.

We managed to settle down by the next light where for some reason we started giggling and laughing again. Stress relief will make you do strange things.

We got to the restaurant and found a table open much to my surprise. It was by the kitchen, but we didn't mind. Especially Laura who was hanging on to Greg like he was life itself. For his part, he looked at her smirked and shook his head.

"I married an MMA fighter," he said shacking his head, and we giggled again, a bit nervously this time.

We ordered and waited for drinks. Them on one side of the table and myself on the other.

"I wish Joe had been here to see this," I said.

I guess Laura had reached her breaking point, because she placed her head on Greg's arm and pulled it tight like she never wanted to let go.

"Gawd, I was such a fucken idiot," she said staring at the napkin and utensils in front of her. "He didn't even have a bigger dick than you."

That did me in. I died laughing on the spot. People were staring but I just didn't care.

"You cheated on me for a smaller dick?"

"Well I didn't have him measure it for me before..." Laura said trying not to crack up.

Kalimaxos
Kalimaxos
1,932 Followers