Laura, The Lorry Driver

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can they do that?"

"I don't know. He questioned me for so long and everything was twisted around as if I was part of his gang, but Steve never told me anything that could help. Now that I've made that break, I certainly have no wish to contact them or be involved with his kind of people.

Once they realised I wouldn't put myself at risk, they gave up and returned my purse and bank card back. They'd checked my account and confirmed it was only my tax credits and benefits going in."

Laura smiled, reflecting Bea's brighter grin, showing her dimples as her blue eyes shone and she looked more confident than yesterday.

"Phew, that's a relief, having access to your money again."

"Yeah, oh, you can have your ten pounds back. It was kind of you to lend it and nice to know I had an emergency fund in my back pocket, just in case. They've my new address here, and will contact me if they want anything."

Bea picked up her purse off the side of the counter, sat next to her phone and fished out the ten-pound note and passed it to Laura. Again, the soft brush of Bea's hand sent a spark of warmth through her.

"Thanks."

"Oh, he also gave me back my clothes, after checking that they weren't stolen! I couldn't carry it all, so l left all my old junk but still looked like a bag lady all day. All I needed was a shopping trolley to push it around in!"

Laura laughed, enjoying the deepening of Bea's dimples as she talked.

"Well, at least that gives you something to wear other than your tracksuit!"

"Hey! Ah, no you're right, they're only really for housework and slobbing about in. It'll be good to put jeans on again!"

"I can't get over what a turnaround you've had today compared to yesterday. Although, knowing your ex is a bad one, aren't you afraid he's going to call you now you have your phone back?"

Laura blushed slightly at her suggestion as she was more worried that he could call her and end up hanging around the farm, causing trouble or worse still, take her away.

"Oh no, I told them they can keep the SIM card and left it with them. If they want to masquerade as me and do their own dirty work, then that's fine by me. Whilst in town, I called into Tesco's, as they have a mobile phone shop there and brought a cheap pay-as-you-go SIM. You're my first contact and as soon as it confirms it's registered on the network, I'll text you, so you'll have my new number."

Laura breathed a sigh of relief but didn't think Bea noticed. She clasped her mug and sipped her tea, quietly pleased that despite her seeming a little dippy, she had her head screwed on right and with her now having the prospect of a paying job, would hang around longer.

Bea sank the carrots and some frozen peas into the boiling pan on the hob.

"I found some oven chips that go better with steak than boiled spuds."

Laura smiled, enjoying the newfound confidence in Bea and the still new experience of having a friend looking after her.

"Chips are fine, thanks. What did they say at the council?"

"Oh, them, I had to wait hours and hours for someone to see me. Then they said I'd have to fill a form in to show a change of address and I'd have to reapply for housing benefits. So I filled in loads of forms and they've given me a date in four weeks' time to return. Until then, my payments will continue."

"What about the rent and debts on the caravan?"

"Oh my god, I dodged a bullet there. I thought I was on the rental agreement, but he'd kept it in his name. As he'd paid the deposit and first few months and his mum was the guarantor, it's them they're chasing."

"His mother?"

"Another lie. She can't sign anything as she died years ago. Their only issue is that there's no rent book to prove I paid him, and the council stipulates I need one from now on."

"I'd not thought about a rent book, but don't tell them about the job being cash in hand. If Louise takes you on permanently, let them know when you see them in four weeks."

While listening to Laura, Bea put a pan on the stove.

"Okay, thanks. I was going to suggest you hop in the shower before dinner, but as you were late, I thought it best to crack on, as you must be starving."

Bea had hit the nail on the head, as Laura's stomach then complained loud enough for her to hear, who giggled.

"Okay, you carry on with dinner and I'll make another cup of tea."

Bea beat Laura to it, having topped up the kettle and turned it on, before she could finish her first. She then held her hand over the pan, testing the heat and deciding it was ready, sliding the steaks to sizzle in it.

"It's okay, I've got it. You just sit there and relax."

Laura chuckled at the irony, as she watched Bea cook the steaks, gauging the time to flip them whilst stirring a bearnaise sauce. After years of searching for the perfect woman, she always ended up with dross and now the real McCoy drops in her lap and she's straight.

When the kettle boiled, Bea's hands whirled into action. She made two mugs of tea, got the chips out of the oven, dished their meal up and drizzling sauce over the steaks. Bea theatrically placed their plates on the table with utensils and the tea. The only things missing were napkins and a bottle of wine.

"Smells delicious. Thanks."

"My pleasure."

Bea looked as if she wanted to say more but wolfed a huge forkful of chips into her mouth, resulted in her sucking her breath through her mouth to cool the hot mouthful. As soon as she'd finished, Bea chirped up.

"Before I bore you with more about my day, what about yours?"

Finally, Laura told her about her day. The chatter continued long after they'd finished dinner with Bea also telling Laura minutia about hers. They shared tidying up.

Bea looked at the clock on the radio.

"You need to jump in the shower before it gets too late."

Laura tucked the tea towel over the rail and smirked at Bea.

"Sheesh, I didn't realise it was that late. Your fault for keeping me talking!"

"Hey, you! But tonight it's my turn to brush your hair."

Laura squeezed past Bea, heading out but retorted with a giggle, "Ha-ha, fat chance, you'll never reach!"

Despite thinking she had moved out of harm, Bea's hand caught her with quite a hard slap across one bum cheek as she screeched, "Ow!"

Laura trotted out of the room chuckling with her cheek stinging from the slap, but conversely, it excited her and she enjoyed the warm glow Bea's hand had left her with. Despite enjoying the shower, she rushed through it to finish.

Once dried and in her bathrobe, with a towel wrapped around her head, Laura went to the vanity unit to open the drawer where she keeps the hair dryer to find it empty. After searching the bathroom, she realised Bea must have snuck in and pinched it whilst she undressed in her bedroom before showering.

"Bea, have you got the hairdryer?"

She heard a muffled affirmative answer, and it didn't take Sherlock Holmes to know where it came from. She found Bea sitting smugly on the sofa in the lounge, with the hairdryer and brush, watching the TV. Laura's taste buds tingled as Bea opened her legs and patted the space between her thighs.

"Are you sure?"

Bea nodded, grinning. Laura squeezed in between Bea's warm thighs and unwrapped the towel from her head.

Bea played the hair dryer on her as she brushed and flicked her hair as she told Laura, "I always wanted to be a hairdresser. My sister and I used to spend hours with those make-up dolls doing their hair and makeup."

Laura relaxed as Bea's hands continued to play the hairdryer on her as she chatted. Her soft voice helped Laura drift off to a beach in paradise where she bathed under a waterfall and Bea swam in a shallow turquoise pool. This time, she wasn't trying to lose that knot deep inside her stomach. It was purely for pleasure.

"You're not listening!" Bea's exasperated voice broke Laura's daydream.

"Yeah, I was."

"So, what are their names?"

Laura thought fast, to cover her tracks, guessing wildly, "Timothy and Tammy."

The bristles of her brush landed down hard on top of her head.

"See, I knew you weren't. I was saying, why on earth would you name your children Tilly and Tarquin in this day and age? I mean, they're nice kids, but why set them up for others to laugh and bully them?"

"I've not met them. I've barely met Louise, as I only deal with Graham about renting this place."

"Aw, they're cute..."

Bea continued to talk extensively about the family and what she had learned about the farm. Laura realised that this didn't really annoy her at all. With Bea's hands stroking through her hair and the soft strokes of the brush, it was almost idyllic. If last night and today is a sign of her life to come, Laura resolved to work on compromising her old life and welcome in a new, more pleasurable one with Bea, even if it meant keeping her own desires at bay.

After a while, Laura realised Bea had continued to brush her hair, long after she'd finished. Not that Laura wanted to complain about Bea's comforting attention as she quietly commentated on the tail end of some reality TV program.

The heavy beat, mimicking Big Ben, announcing the start of the ten o'clock news roused Laura to head for her bed, although it took all her willpower to leave Bea's warm thighs. Laura rose, Patting Bea's knee.

"Thanks. It's lovely to have someone brush my hair for a change, but for now, I'm off to bed."

"Yeah, I think I'll join you. You'd best have your brush back."

Bea rose to her feet and handed Laura her brush back.

"Don't worry, I'll turn the TV and lights off and return the hairdryer to its drawer."

"Thanks. See you in the morning."

Laura headed to her bedroom, turning over Bea's last comment in her mind as she fantasized about Bea joining her under the covers. However, she had to be content with being flattered by Bea beating her to the hairdryer to ensure she could brush her hair.

As she settled into bed, she could hear Bea quietly singing and moving around in her room. Laura definitely liked the direction her home life had taken since Bea had arrived.

~~~

Unusually for Laura, she gently awoke from a deep night's sleep before her alarm cut through the peace. As she sat up, swung her feet over the edge of the bed and searched for her slippers, her senses hoped for that sweet baking smell they'd caught yesterday, but only found the lingering smell of her own deodorant.

She slipped on her dressing gown and padded towards the kitchen. Her spirits lifted hearing the radio on and seeing light escaping from beneath the kitchen door.

"Morning sweetie!"

Laura surprised herself as she burst through the door.

Bea had just slotted two slices of bread into the toaster and had already poured mugs of tea, with one waiting for Laura on the kitchen table. She grinned at the sight of Bea's backside, now clad in a tight pair of jeggings that stressed her peach backside perfectly. Her tight black T-shirt highlighted her shoulders and exposed her nape, whilst tantalisingly hinting at a lace bra beneath.

"Someone had a good night's sleep?"

Laura nodded, more than pleased with herself.

"Yes. I had one of those dreams, where you can't remember the details, but you know it was good and you feel like a million dollars afterwards. How about you?"

Laura's day brightened up further as she enjoyed watching Bea move around the kitchen in her tight clothing and the smoothness of her bare arms, whilst her few freckles peeked beyond her top.

"Brilliant, thanks. I woke up before the alarm, so got up and put the tea on. I don't know why, but I certainly sleep better here than in the caravan. Maybe it's quieter or I'm not worried Steve is going to return at some ungodly hour."

Bea grimaced, eluding that Steve didn't just wake her up. She realised Laura could see the guilt on her face, and she spun back around, getting ready for the toast that could to pop up at any moment.

"Once you've gone to work, I'll tidy up and then go to the farm to help Lou."

Bea brought everything across to the table to where Laura sat, the sparkle returning to her eyes.

"Good luck for today, although I'm sure you don't need luck."

"I'm so excited, my first proper job, EVER!"

"Haha, you be careful or you'll wear those poor kids out before they even get to school!"

"Ha ha, at least I know where the school is now. Do you think I'll be mistaken for one of those yummy mummies?"

"You wish!"

"Hey!"

With that, the toast popped up. Bea retrieved them and went to butter them.

"It's alright I can butter my own toast, you know? Aren't you having anything?"

Bea placed the hot toast on Laura's plate and smiled apologetically, then retrieved another pair of slices from the counter where they'd been cooling, propped together like a ridge tent on a plate. Laura looked at her in shock.

"They'll be cold!"

"I like mine cold, so it's nice and crunchy."

"Weird girl! Ha-ha."

"See, you are getting used to me!"

Laura chuckled proudly at her.

"Yes, I am, aren't I?"

Bea's grin and dimples shone back to her, nodding as she buttered her toast with a renewed glint in her eye.

"Who'd have thought you could put up with a jibber jabber like me?"

"Oh, I know. It's tough, but I persevere." Laura giggled.

The pair chatted as they shared breakfast, with Laura now revelling in having someone to talk with. A glance at the clock motivated her to get ready for work. Before leaving, she returned to the kitchen to find her sandwiches and flask prepared for her on the table.

"Thanks, weird girl. Good luck and have a lovely day."

"Yeah, but you love it! Thanks and you. Take care and drive safely."

Laura placed everything in her bag and headed for the door. At the door, she turned to Bea, who already had her back to her, allowing Laura to admire her rear and before she knew it, her careful reserve dropped.

"I'll take care, especially knowing you're here waiting. Thanks."

Terrified, Bea may question her; she darted out, grabbed her work gear to leave the house, deciding that she can put them on once parked at work. Driving to work in her slippers, her own words played on her. She'll have to tread more carefully, to not spoil the status quo the pair of them were still building on.

The morning sped by for Laura, bursting to know how Bea was getting on. Unable to contain herself, she found a layby whilst driving between two deliveries. She parked up and pulled her phone from her pocket. Much to her relief, the text waiting light winked at her above the blank screen.

She fought her desire to just open and read it, she poured a cup of tea from her flask, pulled yet another cupcake from her sandwich box, and settled down to savour her text. She thumbed the button on her phone, waking it up to see a message flash across the screen saver.

She disappointedly saw a notification from her credit card company warning her that her next payment was due. She swiped her screen, noticing that she had a second message. Her heart skipped a beat as she opened her messenger.

She sighed in relief at seeing an unknown number for the second message. Taking a bite from her cupcake, she read the message.

< Hi, It's me, Bea. >

< Got the kids off to school okay. >

< Just having a cup of coffee after cleaning their spare rooms for some visitors they're expecting this weekend. >

< Got loads to do. >

< Looking forward to our first weekend together. >

< We can do a shopping list tonight and go halves on the shopping. >

< TTYL, bestie. >

< PS. don't forget to save me! >

< B. >

Laura took a swig of tea and reread the text. Her heart thumped with excitement in her chest. As now, she too loved the anticipation of their first weekend together. She tried to keep her feet grounded, as she knew they each had differing expectations. She ate the rest of her cake and saved Bea's number as a new contact.

After another sip of tea, she couldn't resist replying.

< Hi, Bea. >

< Thanks, saved you. >

< Glad yr ok. >

< Sounds like a plan. >

< Talk later. >

Laura replaced her phone in her pocket, relaxed, and finished her tea. Elated on receiving the text, Laura enjoyed the view from her cab. When, like a Disney film, the clouds parted, allowing the sun to peek through, which promised a brighter day and encouraging for the weekend.

Unlike the previous day, this one flew by for her and she enjoyed her return journey home earlier than before that afternoon.

"I'm home Bea," she called, as she stepped out of her work wear leggings.

"Teas on."

She hung up her coat and slipped on her slippers, although still cold from being stored in her car all day. She headed to the kitchen, ready for an onslaught of gabble from Bea. Busying preparing dinner, Bea beamed at her with glistening eyes and she leaned forward, dying to explode into a cacophony of words.

Ignoring every sinew in her body, Bea's face baulked, and she pulled herself to uncharacteristically coolly lean back on the counter, "So how was your day?"

"Ha ha ha, you should see yourself. You're bursting to tell. Mine was fine. What about yours?"

"You sure?"

Laura nodded. She was positive that she actually cared about how Bea's day had gone. She sat down as Bea passed her a mug of tea and inhaled, giving Laura the impression that this was going to come thick and fast.

"It was brilliant. The kids are just bundles of energy, even for me, right? They just talk and talk, asking questions.

It's true what they say about children saying what they think, with no filters. They even asked if we were getting married because we live together."

"Whaaat?"

"Yeah, I know, but don't worry, Lou shushed them and apologised. The cheeky pair thought we're a couple. I mean? You're way out of my league," Bea laughed at her own joke, "although they didn't find it that funny.

Anyway, they were nearly ready, so Lou ran me through everything and we both walked them to school. She even warned the teachers that I'd be collecting them from then on..."

Bea chatted on, whilst Laura loved watching her excitement, with her hands acting out every detail of her day. Her eyes flitted as she pretended to search for something; she pushed invisible Hoovers and brushed imaginary brooms. All the time, her tight jeggings and T-shirt allowed Laura to see Bea's gorgeous body moving beneath.

She enjoyed her dimples, and freckles dance in and out of view, with her neck stretching and turning, as her account progressed. This entertained Laura more than any TV program. She even found herself on the edge of her seat, waiting for the next burst of Bea's story.

Bea merrily prepared and cooked dinner as she danced her way through her day. Watching her move furniture, dust ornaments and polish tables, Laura couldn't believe it wasn't a carefully orchestrated ballet as she turned to ensure she continued to maintain Laura's attention.

"Then, the best bit, you'll never guess?"

Laura shook her head, enjoying the audience participation in Bea's personal pantomime. "No, I can't guess."

"Lou told me that, as Tarquin and Tilly adore me, I could have the job. With flexible hours depending on the amount of cleaning required, but looking at the place, it needs a lot before we can reduce my hours."

"Oh, that is great news."

"Yeah I know. She suggested twenty hours minimum, including the school run."

"That's brilliant. Your first job!"

"Yeah, I know! We need to celebrate. Let's go out tonight."

Ecstasy turned to fear for Laura, as old issues returned. She sat back in her chair, picking up her mug of tea to hide behind, even though it remained too hot to drink. She drew her knees up and propped her heels on the edge of the seat, curled up, protectively.