Le Français Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And what if I'm not more assured?" Jules asked. "Should I keep asking questions?"

"Absolutely," Marc said, opening his arms a little wider to invite her to continue. "I would rather you decide I am trustworthy in all things, rather than none."

Jules shook her head, again eyeing him as she smirked. "Something tells me I should be careful around you, Mr Fornier. You are altogether too good-looking and too flirty for your own good."

"Ah, if I were flirting with you, Detective, you would know it," Marc said with a smirk of his own.

"Oh, I know it," Jules said. "But I can handle your flirty ass. Let's talk about why you're really here though. Where were you on the afternoon of January 7th?"

Marc was allowed to refer to his calendar on his phone to answer Jules' questions about a series of dates that didn't seem connected to him or his whereabouts, though he did have an answer for each of them. Then the detective had questions about the business opportunity that Victor Berisha had brought him. Nothing that had transpired between Marc and Victor had been illegal, as of yet, but Jules agreed that the hints he'd made in their conversations certainly suggested there could be some in the future. Victor was careful though, a middle-man protecting his clients and therefore his paydays.

In the end, Jules wrapped up scribbling some notes in a notebook and shut it. "That should clear everything from my end," she said. "You're no longer an official person-of-interest, but I can't keep you out of the reports entirely since your name shows up in our surveillance of Berisha. I'll label you as a cooperating witness and that should keep you clear."

"Actually," Marc said. "If at all possible, I would prefer to remain unlabelled. While I trust you, and I certainly trust Sinead, it is entirely possible that some of my business associates would be... unfortunately suspicious if information was leaked."

"Snitches get stitches, even in the lofty heights of the city," Jules sighed.

"Not so dangerous, but it could lead to a loss of business," Marc said. "So, if you don't mind...?"

"If that's how you want it," Jules said. "No labels for you. That does mean that anyone else looking at the case might flag your name though."

"I would rather deal with that if it comes, Detective.Merci."

====================================

Thanks so much for reading! Votes and Comments both go a long way to letting me AND the commissioner know that you are enjoying the story. In case you are interested, ThL also commissions character art for the ladies of Le Français.

Reminder: Le Français will jump around in categories so make sure to give a follow to ensure you'll see the next instalments!

====================================