Leader of the Pack!

Story Info
A werewolf finds her true mate!
12.2k words
4.59
8.8k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(This is an entry for the Halloween Story Contest 2023. It's more than a bit different. I'd really like to hear your comments on the unique perspective. Good or bad! Please comment and rate! Thank you!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Violet never knew why she got into Stingray. Stupid car. Stupid husband, stupid Marc. MOSTLY stupid Marc, who always had to act like a big and tough man. Sometimes she couldn't believe she'd married him. It had all just happened so fast. Women in 1950s Nebraska were expected to get married, stay in their lanes, obey their husbands and not ask questions.

She didn't desire Marc either. Violet hadn't desired anyone since high school, but Allison got married to some man and moved to Boston. That was ½ way across the country from Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Still, when Marc lay on top of her, thrusting in and out, Violet lay there bored and dreamed of Allison. How beautiful she'd been.

On those nights when Marc lay above her, Violet could just think of her and Allison doing unspeakable things. Unspeakable things that went on between man and woman...not woman and woman, at least not in 1960s Nebraska!

Women stayed in their lane and married a man. It was how things went; it was only proper and what conventional society wanted. So it was what a woman did...Violet supposed it was the same for a man who wanted a man.

All of Violet's friends were getting married; some even had children! She wasn't getting any younger! Marc, her neighbour from down the street, had asked to marry her before he shipped out to the Korean War.

So Violet had said yes to Marc, even though she knew it was a mistake. They'd quickly gotten married at the Scottsbluff Courthouse. No ceremony, no flowers...all practical, no honeymoon. Signed, sealed and done. It had taken fifteen minutes. None of the romance that Violet longer for. He'd taken her virginity in the back of his precious Stingray car. Five days later, Marc shipped out for Korea. They didn't see each other for three years.

Violet had gotten a secretarial job at the local high school. She didn't make much, but Violet figured a terrible job was better than no job. Her correspondence with Marc was sparse to none over the next few years. Word trickled back to her from various high school classmates, who were also soldiers in Korea that Marc had taken a Korean Mistress. A woman who would wash his clothes, cook and provide "services."

Violet just sighed and bitterly accepted it, as she did with many things in life. She kept on working dutifully at the high school. She needed to raise money for their apartment---but hopefully, house when he came back. Marc was thousands of kilometres away. Someone had to cook/clean, and provide services.

It broke her heart about his Korean Mistress but what could she do? Yet, at night she dreamed of Allison,, of being entwined with her---as husband and wife intertwined, but they would be a woman and woman....if only such a thing could be possible! She would run to Allison in a second, even though Allison was ½ way across the country.

The Korean War ended, and Marc came back to Scottsbluff, Nebraska and back to his wife. There weren't many jobs in Scottsbluff, and Marc hadn't graduated high school. But, with Violet's connections, Marc got a job as a janitor at the high school. It was a steady job, but Marc thought he deserved better!

He was a veteran; he'd seen the world. He shouldn't be stuck in a dead-end job like a janitor in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Stupid Violet, this was all HER fault! If he hadn't married her, he could be out seeing the world and having adventures. He could be out in California drag racing down Sunset Strip...or hanging out at the Playboy Mansion. What real man wouldn't want a blonde and busty Playboy playmate to hang out with?

Marc's only enjoyment was taking care of his Stingray car, driving it around, and showing it off. Even though, at 28, he was far older than most drag racers, Marc was still considered to be the best drag racer in Nebraska.

Marc spent most of his time caring for his Stingray instead of caring for Violet. But Violet didn't mind; okay, maybe she minded a LITTLE; she'd like to go down to the creek or to the Red Barn steak house for her birthday...but Violet ultimately understood. Men were like that. Marc had things to contemplate. He was a man, her husband, and a husband's happiness was more important than a woman's, or so conservative 1950s society told her.

Marc was the best drag racer in Nebraska. He even beat drag racers from far away big cities like Omaha and Lincoln. Marc knew he was the best and grew bored of the title. He needed a real challenge! Marc had heard a whisper of a rumour; there was a legendary drag racer just over the state line in Wyoming. The racer was supposed to be fast as a wolf chasing prey. The racer was supposed to be as tough as nails. Naturally, Marc had to prove he was the best in the Midwest. Marc had to be better than the other drag racer. He had to beat the racer! He had to prove he was tough. He had to prove he was a real man!

So one autumn day, Marc took Violet for what he said was a "second honeymoon" in his Stingray. Violet was excited! They were finally starting to get along! Weren't they? They could start anew and not fight! They could be a couple in love! They could start to have a relationship liked she wanted to have with Allison. Everything was going to work out for the better!

Violet had happiness in her heart, something that had been lacking for a long time! Little did Violet know the only reason Marc was taking her was for leverage. He felt the other drag racer would race him if Violet were there. The other man wouldn't back down if a woman were there. It would be cowardly. If the man turned down his invite to race in front of a woman, he would be a sissy. Surely, the other man didn't want to be a chicken. He wanted to be a tough man---like all drag racers were.

The couple drove all the way from Scottsbluff, Nebraska, to Antelope Hill, Wyoming. (A distance of over 200 miles/300 kilometres), looking for the best drag racer in Wyoming who raced around Antelope Hill. Eventually, Marc found the car and the driver.

The couple pulled next to Antelope Hill's "Shake Shack" to discuss the drag race. Corrie came out drinking a strawberry shake. Corrie was only eighteen but lived to race.

"Wait...you look like a broad. Are you broad?" questioned Marc. He hoped Corrie was one of those hippies—the men with long hair who rebelled against conventional society. Women couldn't race! They were women! They shouldn't even be driving! He wouldn't let his wife drive---so no women should be driving. They were just women incapable of doing anything besides staying home, cleaning, having sex with their husbands and nursing children.

"Yeah..." said Corrie. So she was a woman. She put a lot of care into her car. Corrie knew she could drag race as well as any man. She'd raced a lot of men and won!

"I can't race you!" protested Marc. He knew full well he could race Corrie, but Marc was worried. What if a woman did beat him? How could he ever live that down? He was a man; hence he was automatically better in all things! 1950s Nebraskan society had told him so. Still, doubt perstited.

Corrie wanted to race Marc. Corrie was proud! She wanted to prove that she was the best. She wasn't having any of Marc's sexist crap. She was as good as a man! Corrie was angry too. How dare this man challenge her without knowing anything? Corrie had been warned by her Alpha not to race, but Corrie couldn't let Marc's sexist crap pass.

"I'm a woman, but YOU can't beat me...I see your runty little car. It looks like a jalopy...whatcha drivin'...some little car your Mama bought for you? I can win the race in first gear. So you drive your Mama's little car at full speed, and I'll race you in first gear. THAT will be a challenge." Corrie stated. She was barely able to contain her smirk. This was really too easy. The sexist stranger would never back out of the race now! He had to prove to strangers that he was a real man!

While Marc and Corrie were figuring semantics out, Violet was in awe of Corrie's car. It was a beautiful red XKE Jaguar. It was well taken care of. Corrie clearly put a lot of care and work into it. Maybe it was better-taken care of than Marc's Stingray...Violet was starting to doubt Marc's skill. Most of his races had been nearly to close to call and Marc couldn't be the best in the world after all.

One of the teens in the crowd nervously spoke up. "Corrie. I don't know if you should drive that road this time of year. It's a slight curve...barely noticeable, BUT it can get slick around the curve in cold weather...lots of bad spinouts..." said Lara.

Lara was the practical boring one in the group. It was the 1950s. There were no seatbelts or airbags in either car. The only point of the Stingray and Jaguar was to get from point A to point B...and to be "cool" for teenagers...and immature adults like Marc.

To Marc's dismay, Corrie seemed to listen to Lara's counsel. Lara was smart and practical. Corrie knew the slight curve on the North Road could be dangerous. There had been skid outs by safer cars and in good weather---not drag racing. But, the slight curve added to the thrill and provided an unexpected challenge. It took skill instead of speed and horsepower.

Marc could see Corrie was on the verge of backing out. Safety be dammed! He wasn't a pussy. He was a real man! He could beat any broad! He hadn't driven all this way not to drag race...Marc took a gulp of whiskey from his bottle.

"Ah, come on...the curve can't be that bad, I could probably do it with my eyes closed...you must be chicken...you know you can't win a race against man. Why don't you just admit defeat right now? I came all the way from Nebraska. I thought you were a real racer. You must be a pussy little girl, not the tough driver I've heard about. You're just a little girl...Corrie. You're afraid to race a real man, " stated Marc, cackling. He took another swig from the bottle, emptied it and tossed it into the open prairie, where it shattered. It was his third whiskey bottle of the night. It had been a long drive.

'Fine, I'll face you.' stated Corrie obstinately. Yes, she was angry! She loved drag racing, so why shouldn't she drag race? Yes, her Alpha had warned her about drag racing, but her Alpha was old. Yes, the curve was dangerous, but what was the worst that could happen?

"You're on little girl! I'll race a little chicken, like you, any day and beat you! Don't think I'm going to take it easy on you because you're a woman. " said Marc angrily. No woman was going to beat him! He was tough! He was a real man!

Corrie loved Lara and wanted to heed her warning, but Lara was boring. Corrie lived and lusted after adventure. A practical, settled, traditional way of life wasn't for her. Corrie rebelled against Antelope Hill's draconic traditions. That's why she dragged raced despite her Alpha's advice. Corrie could only be herself.

Finally, Corrie and Marc agreed to drag race. Neither wanted to admit they were "pussies". They each had to be the best drag racer around. Violet was hesitant to go. Her sixth sense was acting up. She normally listened to her sixth sense, BUT Marc was her husband. He would never put her in any danger. He wanted what was best for her...didn't he?

Violet knew Marc's blood was hot with whiskey and anger. Marc had also never raced on dirt roads. Violet though racing on dirt was different than racing on paved roads but what did she know? Marc wouldn't let her drive.

Violet also thought the kids in Antelope Hill were probably right about the curve being dangerous. They lived here, after all. Still, Violet felt obligated to support her husband. It was what a proper 1950s wife did. Marc knew his strengths and weaknesses. So maybe he wanted something to happen to her, but he would never want anything to happen to his car.

So trepidatiously, Violet went along. Marc and Violet drove their cars out onto Antelope Hil's North Road. They were followed by Corrie, Lara, and a small crowd of onlookers, who were both curious and bored.

"Old school rules, folks 1,320 feet (402 meters) first across the finish line is the winner," stated Lara. Everyone knew the rules, but Lara felt the need to state them in case there were complaints later. Lara was practical that way. Lara knew drag racing around the curve was a stupid decision, and her Alpha would be mad. But, they were young, foolish and impetuous. No one wanted to be

"Chicken" Lara knew she couldn't stop it no matter what she said.

It was late, past midnight; Lara flicked on a flashlight. Both the Stingray and Jaguar took off at a furious pace! As Marc floored the Stingray, Violet began to get scared. He was going SO fast, he'd been drinking, it was a dirt road but somehow it was still slick. But Marc was the best racer around. He was her husband. She trusted him not to put her in danger. He loved her and wanted the best for her? Still, Violet braced herself as they came up to the slight curve.

It could have been the chilly weather, it could have been his lack of skill, it could have been drinking, but Marc spun out. The Stingray flipped, and the window shield shattered as Marc flew through it. He looked back at the Stingray, which had burst into flames. He couldn't believe he'd lost to a woman! Marc was astonished his beloved Stingray was on fire and wrecked. He couldn't bare to see it burn. He couldn't bear to face the woman he'd lost to. "Luckily," Marc was only mildly injured, but he still crawled away into the night, leaving Violet behind, trapped in the burning car.

As Violet braced herself, she barely had time to register anything. She didn't even have time to think about Marc. Suddenly, Violet was overcome with pain and emotion. She passed out. It was dark out; even the autumn moon was clouded, but she seemed to feel someone carrying her up the steep and slippery embankment. Someone who wasn't Marc.

--------------------------------

From her house at the top of the hill, Rowan looked out the window and sighed. She saw the flashlight flash. Stupid kids, Cordelia (Corrie) was out there racing again. Sometimes she drove the car while others ran. Sometimes outsiders came into Antelope Hill to race her. It ran the risk of exposing Antelope Hill's security. Stupid kids never listened. She'd have to talk to Corrie AGAIN!

"Can I get you anything else, Alpha?" questioned the young woman, setting down hot chocolate and peanut butter cookies.

"No thanks, Mallory. I'm good for the night. Go have fun with everyone." said Rowan as she took a bite of the peanut butter cookie. She knew Mallory was a good kid... a bit shy but a good kid.

"Alright, Alpha," said Mallory as she left. Mallory was worried about her Alpha. Her Alpha was an island onto herself. Mallory knew her Alpha had been alone since she'd brought the pack from Ireland nearly two hundred years ago. Her Alpha didn't even fool around with the few lone wolves that came through town occasionally. Her Alpha lived a stressy life. Mallory just wanted her Alpha to be happy!

Rowan looked at North Hill Road and at Mallory as she left. In some way, she envied Mallory. It was past midnight, and Rowan had just finished today's work. Tomorrow the pack's business would start all over again. Heavy is the head that wears the crown! No rest for the weary!

No one to come home to except Mallory, who took care of the house. Rowan just wanted someone to be with at the end of the day: someone to hold and love. A family of her own---was that too much to ask of the Cosmos? She sighed in frustration, finished her hot chocolate and went to bed alone. Rowan wanted...no needed so much more in her life. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hang on. She'd already been by herself for centuries...

-------------------------------------------------

"I told you not to race! I told you it was a dangerous curve. Now she's hurt! What should we do?" questioned Lara in a panic. She didn't want to be in trouble. She'd been there! She was partially responsible!

"She's a mortal...." Lara stated, gesturing to Violet, who's face was blood and bruised, still stuck in the burning Stingray.

She's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! What if she dies?" Lara continued panicking as she dragged Violet from the burning car. Lara coughed from the toxic fumes, but they were both far away. Lara looked...this human woman in her arms was very badly hurt.

Lara knew she should have stopped Corrie. She was there! She'd helped start the race. What was going to happen to them? Alpha had warned them and threaten expulsion if Lara and Corrie didn't tow the line. Corrie was ballsy but foolish. Corrie could probably make it alone, but Lara needed someone in her life. She needed a pack. She needed a family.

"Shut up, Lara, shut up, shut up, shut up," Corrie repeated. Corrie paced as she thought about what to do. She felt sorry for this woman. The mortal woman was losing a lot of blood and was clearly in intense pain. Her husband clearly didn't care about her; he crawled away into the autum night.

Corrie sighed---she knew she was responsible. This was going to fuck everything up. Corrie had thought she would just race the man. Claim the title, and that would be it. Alpha had warned her about drag racing. She'd threatened expulsion from the pack. Antelope Hill's pack had draconic traditions, but it was still Corrie's pack.

It was still her family. She couldn't let this mortal die. The woman had just been an innocent passenger. It wasn't her fault. Clearly, there were issues between Violet and her husband. The asshole husband was leaving her in peril. The asshole husband was leaving her to die.

"Could we take her to Dr. Leigh? Do you think she can treat a mortal?" questioned Lara desperatly. They had been SO stupid. Did Dr. Leigh even treat mortals? This lady was going to die unless they did something. Lara watched as the asshole husband continued to crawl away. He was wounded too, not as bad, but he hadn't checked on his wife. So they were no longer interested in him. He was beneath scum...leaving his injured wife. Lara and Corrie both wanted to help Violet.

"That's perfect! I could kiss you, Lara," said Corrie. She knew that Dr. Leigh could do something for the woman even though she was a mortal. Dr. Leigh was very skilled in all medical matters. After all, she'd been a doctor for centuries.

Corrie scooped Violet up and carried her to Antelope Hill's small clinic. It wasn't really equipped to deal with injuries of this magnitude, but Dr. Leigh had no other choice. If she liked it or not, the mortal woman was her patient!

Violet woke up in the clinic sometime later. She didn't know where she was, but her head...no, her entire body felt sore. What had happened? Where was Marc? Violet groaned.

"So you're up. I'm Doctor Leigh." came a voice. "Are you alright? Where's your pain? What's the last thing you remember?" questioned the soft melodic voice.

"Oh, the sound of the engines as we peeled out. Marc and I were in the car...at the bend, and our Stingray started to swerve....I don't remember what happened after that. Where's my husband? Where's Marc? My leg hurts...no my whole body but mostly my leg.." said Violet. She just wanted Marc to be near her.

Violet wondered what she was doing in a strange place like this. How could Marc have abandoned her? They were husband and wife! They loved each other? It had been years, but suddenly she wanted Allison to be there for protection and comfort. Violet hadn't thought of Allison in years. Yet, it would be wonderful to have Allison by her side in her time of need.