Leap of Faith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Boris smiled. "I can join in next Sunday, yeah. My buddy Keith likes to play a Rogue, I'll bring him along. We'll see about converting our characters. For now... why don't you tell me about the hotel you want to run? I'll tell you about my dream hotel. We can see if they match."

That was an interesting enough topic for them both to focus on. Until their food arrived and was consumed. Elena found that food great as well. I may have to eat here more often, she told herself. And this guy Boris seems nice. We're into a lot of the same things. My parents would like him. His hotel sounds a lot like my hotel too. I'd definitely have him manage the gym. Maybe security also. He's as good looking as Lisa said, and seems smart. Definitely a good listener.

He kept moving higher in her estimation as the conversation went on.

"So Thai food," he said when they were enjoying some after dinner red wine. "Like?"

"Yes," Elena replied. "I'll have to try those other dishes you mentioned."

"I haven't actually eaten any of them." Boris shrugged. "They just sounded good to me. This is my first time with Thai food. I wanted to try it. And yeah, it was great. Company's nice too."

"Thanks." Elena was pleased by the verbal compliment and the attention of his eyes. "What are you doing after this?" she asked on impulse.

"Movie. Second run place I know near here runs a low price special on Mondays. You?"

"What movie? Maybe I want to see it."

The title was one she wanted to see, so she went.

***

The movie- George of the Jungle- made her laugh over and over. Boris was quiet during the film, but willing to discuss it with her afterwards. Elena laughed at his impressions of the best jokes. She made her own impressions in return.

They were connecting, laughing together in a way she never had with a guy before. Could Boris be The One? She did not know.

Boris grimaced as they walked out of the theater. They'd stayed for the entire credits laughing and talking. "You work tomorrow?" he asked. "Classes?'

"No classes till ten," Elena answered, smiling back at him. "I don't work till Thursday. I have a weekend evening shift at a La Quinta near the airport. Gotta learn to clerk if I want to run a hotel."

"Yeah," Boris agreed. "I'm a bouncer at Paradox on weekends- you already knew that. My classes tomorrow are around ten too. I'm free Wednesday night. If you want to see another movie here..."

"Sure. Nothing to Lose looks good. Uh, you need to take me back to my car." She had enjoyed riding with him in his Jeep Wrangler after leaving her Toyota sedan back at the restaurant. He had kept his hands to himself and driven smoothly. "I can drive tomorrow."

"Yeah, or I can pick you up. Just give me your address and phone number."

She did, and he typed them into his cell phone. She got his number also.

"Uh, I need to use the restroom before we leave," Boris said next.

"Me too," Elena admitted. They separated to do the necessary deeds.

***

Coming out of the restroom, Boris was approached by Del Dawson, his wingman.

"How's the date going?" the tall black man with the mohawk asked.

Boris shrugged. "Great so far. I like her. We're coming here again in a couple days."

"Good! Hey, she ain't going home with you tonight, right?"

"First date, man. Probably not."

"You want to hook up with me tonight then?" Del leaned in and kissed Boris on the lips.

Boris pushed the other man back. Being with Del could excite him, but now was a bad time. "Del, she's still here. I'm not sure..."

"Boris?" a scared voice asked. Boris cursed to himself and turned to see Elena stepping out of the adjoining restroom, a shocked look on her face. Yes, she had seen Del kiss him. Shit!

"Crap, man, I'm sorry!" Del slapped himself on the face. "I'll go call Chad. I think he's free tonight."

"Yeah, Del, you do that," Boris growled. He turned away from Del as the other man hurried off. Boris looked at Elena. "Uh, I can explain, I..."

"You're gay," Elena whispered, shocked.

"Bi," Boris corrected her. "I uh, prefer women most of the time, but I hook up with guys more often. They're... easier. I... I'm still lonely, Elena. I would have told you eventually. If you don't want to date me now..."

"Shut up." She stared at him, shivering. Then she visibly relaxed, as if she was forcing herself to do so. "You're my ride. Let me think about this, okay? Let me think."

Boris nodded. He had never believed in higher powers, but if they existed anyway... he hoped one was watching over him now.

***

Elena texted Lisa nervously as she sat beside Boris in the Jeep. They were not speaking now. Lisa had stayed back at the restaurant. Elena had thought she was safe with Boris. Now... she did not know. What kind of man was he? Did she know him at all?

"I saw Boris kissing a guy," Elena typed, not looking at the man driving beside her.

Lisa's response came back swift. "What? I... did he explain?"

"He said he's bi. Prefers women, but lonely. Thinks guys are easier. I don't know what to think." Her fingers were shaking- phone texting was still a new technology and so many emotions were in Elena's mind.

"LOL," was the response that made her drop her jaw. Further words followed. "I bet he's the same as you, Elena. Likes the opposite sex but the same sex too. He fell back on guys because guys into guys have to be easier with each other. We're the same way sometimes, us girls into girls as well as guys. Maybe you won't have to choose with him."

Elena closed her mouth nervously, staring at the words. "I'm not bi," she typed back. "I'm straight."

"Yeah? How many times you been into my cunt? Or let me and other girls into yours? Shauna, Tara, Nicole, Tina... You like girls too, Elena. Tell him. See how he reacts. If you can tolerate each other, maybe you have something. I watched you talking to him at the Thai place. You were so at ease. I've never seen you like that. He's good for you. Don't you think that?"

Damn Lisa's crazy psychology tricks! How had Elena not come to a similar solution on her own? It seemed so simple. Which is why it can't work of course, Elena thought. Her next text told Lisa she didn't think it could work.

"Try it," came the answer. "Leap of faith."

"Faith," Elena whispered to herself.

Her parents were both devout Catholics. But she had never really shared her family's faith in higher powers, just gone through the motions. Her father had family that had died or disappeared crossing the border. Relatives back in Mexico who suffered from drugs and gangs too. Texas wasn't much better than Mexico, just different people. Her mother had no family she saw regularly. The world often seemed forsaken by any higher power Elena could perceive, except occasionally here and there. And with her dating history on top of that... Elena was determined to make her own way in the world, whether God existed or not. Every human had to do that, she thought sometimes. But faith... hadn't her mother told her it was important to have it? Especially on the road, trucking back and forth between towns? Her father had told her the same thing. Even if you didn't believe in higher powers, if you believed in yourself...

"Boris," Elena spoke aloud, putting away her phone. "I... I need to tell you something."

"Hang on," he answered, eyes on the road. "We're almost back at Thai Tables."

Elena nodded. She needed more time to compose words anyway. Boris was nervous now, and that might not be good. You have pepper spray in your purse, she reminded herself. You can run fast as heck. And Lisa can come help you if you need her. She's seriously good at martial arts. This guy doesn't seem like he would hurt you either. He seems so so trustworthy... so safe. Maybe he is safe? She decided to wait and hope.

Boris pulled into the parking lot, looking around nervously. "I don't know your car."

"It's over there." Elena pointed the Toyota out.

"Thanks." Boris parked next to her car, then turned to her. "I'm sorry about Del. Maybe I picked the wrong wingman. I..."

"It's okay," Elena laughed. Just say it, she decided, before you stop yourself. "Look, I have a confession. I... I sometimes hook up with girls when guys don't work out. It's a weakness. I still identify as straight, but..." No, she thought, seeing the frown on his face. I need to stop lying. "Truth is, I let Lisa tell people I'm her straight friend to test if they can accept that she's bi. She's more comfortable being bi than I am. I...I understand if you don't like to tell girls what you are."

Boris stared at her. "You... you're like me?"

"Yeah!" Elena grinned, then grimaced. "But I prefer men. With my family, I better marry one. I want kids too, someday. My kids preferably. You?"

"Uh, I'm still in college," Boris shrugged. "Kids are a ways away for me. But uh, I get the other part." He scratched his head and stared at Elena, then dropped his hands. "I have to say it. I... you're beautiful, Elena. And you don't have to choose which gender you like. I'd be okay with it if you want to hook up with a girl now and then."

Elena stared at him, crossing her arms. "I suppose you'll say you want permission to hook up with guys now and again in exchange."

"Well..." Boris bit his lip, then shrugged. "I wasn't going to ask that. I don't like to make demands of people for things they don't have to do. I could give up guys too. If I meet a girl I love, I want to commit to her. If it is necessary. Same for a guy. But I'd prefer a girl. All the people I've gotten with so far, they're just... flings. And I... until... before you saw Del kiss me, I was starting to think you might not be a fling. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that so early."

The same thoughts had been in Elena's mind. She gasped. Then she turned away.

Boris naturally misinterpreted her hesitance. "If you don't want to see me again, I..."

"Shut up!" Elena commanded, turning back to him and smiling. Her heart had hammered harder during the conversation. She struggled to calm it now. Was something going on she hadn't anticipated? Did she...? No, she would not think about that now. But maybe...

"Boris," she said, leaning over and putting a finger on his lips. "I want to keep seeing you. Uh... are you free the rest of tonight?"

"Uh..." He stared at her, then nodded. "Yeah."

"So am I."

Elena smiled, then dropped the rest of her reservations. She wanted to keep taking leaps of faith. She liked Boris so much- he was so close to her fantasy Russian giant physically, even if he wasn't exactly what she'd envisioned. Not like she'd had more than a vague frame in mind anyway. They had so many similar interests too. He was nice, handsome, understanding... she wanted him to stay with her.

And there was no better way to make that happen and settle her doubts than to test their sexual compatibility right away. Elena could go home alone, but she knew she'd end up masturbating with her porn collection if she did that. She did the same thing almost every night she wasn't with a guy or one of her girlfriends. And she preferred to be with a man. Boris... she'd probably end up fantasizing about him tonight even if he said no. So why not see if he said yes? Why not take another leap of faith?

Unbuckling her safety belt so it wouldn't get in the way, she moved closer to Boris. She reached over and put her hand on his cheek, then leaned close to him and kissed his lips. Boris was startled at first, then kissing her back just as intense. The kiss was as good as she'd hoped it would be. Hard, desperate, full of passion. Her hands were on his head, holding it close to hers. His arms were around her, hesitantly grasping her shoulders and then pulling her towards him. Being seated in the car eased their height difference. They kept kissing, moving closer together. Elena beamed satisfaction when she broke the kiss and found herself almost in his lap.

She broke from him, separating quickly. They could kiss more later. "Do you mind coming home with me, Boris?" Elena asked, concentrating on the moment. "I don't go home with guys on the first date, but... other way around is fine."

"I..." Boris paused, then shrugged. "Sure. I wasn't going to ask you to come home with me either. Del's probably there with Chad by now. I didn't tell you earlier, but Del's my roommate too. Doug doesn't know him, or that I'm bi. Chad... I can't stand the guy."

Elena chuckled. "I understand. I'm not usually like this..."

"Me neither," Boris interrupted her, smiling. "But I can be... if you want it."

"I do." Elena smiled and kissed him again, settling into his arms. "I do."

***

They drove separately for the safety of her car. Elena also wanted time alone to think about things, make sure she wanted to keep following her chosen course of action. She was certain of it by the time she got home. Elena was horny, and Boris was agreeable. She had never been sure she believed in love at first sight before, but... she wanted to believe in it. And this could be it.

She parked her car next to Lisa's motorbike- Lisa had joined the convoy en route in response to Elena's call before leaving Thai Tables- and smiled at her waiting friend as she stepped out of her car. "You're sure you're okay with him being here tonight?"

"You don't have to ask me," Lisa replied with a laugh, just as she had when Elena told her about the planned event earlier. "Not if you haven't changed your mind. All four of us live here as equal partners, remember?" She dropped her bike's kickstand and laughed as she stepped off it. "Damn, that Silvan was right!"

Elena grimaced, having to remember who Silvan was. "Well, thank Silvan for me if you want," she replied with a shrug. "Or I can do it myself if you introduce us."

"Sure." Lisa squeezed her arm and moved away from her. She pointed at the approaching Jeep. "There he is. I'll leave you two alone. I gotta study more tonight anyway."

Shauna and Tara had a night class, Elena recalled. That would make things easier.

Lisa waved at the Jeep, then walked inside the house. Elena waited patiently as Boris parked and got out of his Jeep, then walked to join her.

"Nice place," he said, eyeing the outside of the house. "Two other girls plus you and Lisa, right?"

"Shauna and Tara aren't here tonight," Elena replied. "Just you, me, and Lisa. She'll leave us alone. I'm on the first floor, she's on the second."

"Great."

Elena grimaced as they walked to the door. "I hope you're not allergic to cats. Lisa got one shortly after we moved in. He wanders all over the place."

"I'm fine." Boris shrugged. "Hope he's not too clingy."

Elena smiled, then ushered him inside.

The gray tabby wandered up to Boris soon after they entered. Boris let the cat cuddle against his leg, bent down and patted him gently in reply.

"Good," Lisa said from the top of the stairs. "He passes our toughest inspector. How you been, Boris?"

"Great. Good to see you again." Boris smiled at Lisa, then glanced back towards Elena.

"Food's in the kitchen if you're hungry," Lisa told them. "See you later." She smiled at them both, then walked away upstairs.

The cat walked away from Boris soon after. Elena directed him to her bedroom.

"Like I said before, I'm not usually this fast," she said when they were alone inside after closing the door. "It's just... I have this fantasy."

"Fantasy?" Boris grimaced.

Elena returned his expression and explained as she sat on her bed. "This great Russian giant taking me in his arms and doing all sorts of things with me. Not sure where it came from. No man I've dated measures up exactly, and if things don't work out... the imaginary giant's my fallback. You know what I mean?"

Boris was silent for a long moment. "Imagination... yeah, I know a little about that. Look, Elena, let's just do this with us. If I'm like your fantasy, great. If not... I hope you'll be fine with me."

Elena thought about it, then nodded. Her fantasy man did intimidate guys, she realized. He did the same for her on occasion. But she was in control of her fantasy, could put him aside. So she did that, then beckoned Boris close.

He sat beside her on the bed, easing their height difference again. He leaned close to her and embraced her, squeezing her shoulders as their bodies moved together. Elena kissed his lips softly, marveling at his tender touch. She had expected him to hurt her- perhaps he could change to that in an instant if necessary. Lisa and the Shapiro sisters were that sort of martial artists. Elena- though she never had fought outside practice- wanted to be the same. So... well, she could use more good men in her life. Boris was a good man, right?

She tried to channel her fantasy as Boris touched and kissed her. But her giant would not appear. There was only Boris and her. His large gentle arms. Her flesh tingling under his attention.

Elena liked how he was touching her, how he made her feel. She tried to reach out to her giant, hoping. She saw him for a brief second, nodding in the darkness of her peripheral vision. Then he vanished, or perhaps merged with Boris, and was gone.

Elena accepted that Boris was before her, concentrated on him, and let go.

***

Boris did not know what to make of his good fortune. This odd little girl on whom he'd taken a chance. They liked the same sorts of food and movies. Their fantasy hotels were almost the same. And she was tolerant of his wandering sexual appetites, said she too was attracted to her own gender at times. He liked kissing her, and she seemed to appreciate his touch also.

How lucky could he be?

Go with the flow, he'd reminded himself on the drive to Elena's home. No easier choice here, no better one. Yeah, settling for someone is always a challenge, but what if... what if the right choice here is not to resist?

And I like Elena, he thought. She's the opposite personality type from Dario and Jamie back in Amarillo, my first girl and first guy. They were aggressors, came after me pretty fast separately. Each wanted to secure me for them. I dated both of them in succession my high school senior year, hid each from the other long as I could. I went with the flow both times, like I always do. Jamie broke up with me, slapped me when she found out about Dario. They could not get along. I stayed with Dario for the rest of that year, then relaxed when he chose a college in which I was not interested. Breaking up was easy. Elena's the same physical type as Dario and Jamie, but a lot... nicer. Not as pushy. She's been into me more tonight than anyone I've dated in a long time too. She's... she's great. I should accept her. I will. Yes. I will.

Since he'd accepted his thoughts, the present moment, being on the bed with Elena, loving Elena, was easy. He kissed her lips when they were close to his own, used his hands to move her towards him. She was accepting of his direction. Yes!

He broadcast his affection to Elena without words, continued caressing her. Boris had felt an odd force on him since they met. Something indefinable, but strong. Boris chose again and again to ignore his misgivings, hope circumstance would be on his side and give in. He let his actions follow that continual vow. He had done so in the past, and now he did it again and again.

***

Boris kissed Elena in her room, held her against him, stroked her skin. She returned all his attentions in kind.

Lips touched lips. Hands roamed. Muscles were massaged and energies directed. Elena guided, Boris proceeded. Or vice versa. Soon, their directions were so united it no longer mattered who led.

Passion grew inside both of them. Their size differences were no longer an obstacle. Boris was larger, but could move the appropriate areas of Elena's body towards his. Elena allowed him to do so, and matched him with her agility. They had similar sexual drives.