All Comments on 'Learn to Live'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments
secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Good that she didn't go through with it, but the fact that she messed around and was skirting the edge even AFTER he did all that work to make sure their relationship wasn't lacking anything... that's a big slap in the face. Sure, remorse and apologies and all that, but now he knows that if she ever gets the itch again, nothing he can do will change her course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yawn....

...kinda drawn out and dull...

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
I know people have gotten tired of me saying it, but . . .

. . . if a man doesn’t take care of business at home, someone else will. Tim stepped up and started taking care of his wife again, and that might be the only thing that saved them, because Diane was horny, and nearly went all the way.

That’s the other half of the equation: women get horny, too. Fortunately Tim had been stepping up recently, and that helped Diane resist, in the end, what could have happened.

The biggest problem with this story was the stilted writing. The conversations were not realistic in the slightest. Good story, but it could have been better.

rnebularrnebularover 3 years ago
Surprised at the comments

I mean, yes it needs an editor, but overall I think this was a pretty good read. It's hard to sell a good married couple in this genre and I think this story does a decent job of it. The husband realizes that he needs to up his game and does a great job of not letting them stay in a rut (which happens to a lot in real life). The wife didn't cross the line so badly as to not be forgivable, and she was honest with him afterwards. His spying on her wasn't great but felt justified after hearing the conversation with her slutty friend. With a good editor, I think this author can do great things. Thanks for sharing.

Rnebular

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Liked the story. It was pretty drawn out with a few too many details of what he did. Knowing he was improving their life together with a shorter explanation would have sufficed. Too bad he did not let Ann's husband know his wife is a cheating bitch. That to me would be a moral imperative.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
OK Story

Seemed drawn out and I can't help but think Diane wouldn't have been very suspicious about Tim's sudden change in lifestyle. Especially after her conversation with Anna. Speaking of Anna I would have definitely burnt her for trying to destroy my marriage.

ctdansctdansover 3 years ago
OK at best

Why would he not tell her point blank that he heard her conversation and no way will he sit back and just let her go to the club on any day with her cheating friend and also say she has to choose him or the friend. I would still tell her that we need to get in shape, spend time together, and all those other things. But I would also tell her based on her response to the cheating friend my trust in her dropped and I will be checking up on her. So her choice - keep the marriage and help heal it or leave now because I won't be a warden but she will have a short leash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huh?

Because of busy lifestyles -- work during the week,househol chores on the weekens -- Diane and Tim have let their 'lovelife' slide.

Yet -- Diane has the time and energy to go out with her friend on a Friday night? Even though she initially turned the idea down, it wasn't because she didn't have the time and energy to do it, So why couldn't Friday night be a 'date' night for Diane and Tim?

Why do you think your story should be taken seriously when it starts out with such a faux pas (literally 'false step')?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A good story and a warning to husbands and wives. Real marriage takes work sitting back and assuming that now you are married you don't need to put any effort in is how marriages fall apart.

Although these stories portray sex as the main driving force in a marriage it isn't what is is love, care, trust and respect are what makes a marriage as well as the ability to compromise and listen to your partner.

I've been married to my wife for 50+ years, we are now empty nesters and still in love with each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So life gets boring and mundane

So life gets boring and mundane. Try changing your perspective to see the rut as a sign of security — something that was built through love — instead of something negative and dull. If you can do this, then your feelings of boredom can also be transformed into feelings of deeper intimacy and attachment for your spouse and relationship.Use this new perspective to nurture a warm sense of lasting, comfortable togetherness.

Secondly, take some responsibility for your life and your marriage. Both parties are responsible for improving your life and relationship. Do things that are completely out of the ordinary for you — together.

In this story, it seemed like all the effort to improve the relationship stated and ended with Tim and Diane took very little initiative to improve their mundane relationship until she almost blew it away by listening to her slutty cheating friend. Only then did Diane wake up to her responsibility in improving and making their life and relationship together better.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebbover 3 years ago
What about Anna

Basically enjoyed the story. It is a great template for a married man who wants to keep his marriage fresh and vital. I was disappointed that Anna did get hers in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Punctuating Dialogue

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

<P>

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
umm

whats up with those random links lol

jbpeters74jbpeters74over 3 years ago
One problem

He was never truthful with her. He never told her of the overheard conversation, the bugging of her phone and the house. She told him everything and was validated by the tapes, but truly didn’t have the faith to believe her without them. He should have come clean and face the consequences.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
I liked this nice tale...

This was a well written story, gave a person something to think about ones own personal love life. Tim did what he had to do in order to keep his marriage alive and not fall into complacency. He took the correct steps and added his wife into a very good routine. Diane should have seen where Anna was trying to get her friend into her pitiful life of infidelity. Anna needed someone to validate her life style and pushed Diane to try to cheat on her marriage. Diane should have said something earlier and almost blew it. Tim should tell Anna's husband about his wife's affairs. A friend should let a friend know what's going on. This was one of the better stories I've read here. True love thru commitment, communication, and trust. 5/5 stars for a nice love story. Keep up the good work.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
It was an ok story.

All the things he planned and did... a good antidote to a rut, and a better way to conduct a marriage.

But he could have done all that, and given her a wake-up call, as well as resolving the problem of the treacherous friend.

All he needed to do was put a PI on the friend for one Friday night, and given the evidence to the husband anonymously.

It would have been doing the right thing for the other guy, revealing the slut for what she was, and made his wife see the price one pays for betrayal.

That, and rebuilding the fire in their own marriage would have been a much, much better outcome.

The only problem I really had with the story centered around the conversations he had with his wife straight after discovering the women talking.

It would have been so transparent in real life that he had some reason to be saying all that he did to any woman. Women are tremendously good at reading the subtext... reading between the lines. She would have at least strongly suspected that he was aware of the plotting.

That was one problem. The other problem was that the wife knew without question, what the friend intended for the Friday girl's night... to have a co-conspirator. Just going was pretty much a green light.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

He did a great job in changing their lifestyle for the better, but what happens if he doesn’t overhear her talking with Anna? Dianne made a mistake, but she did leave and then confess completely to Tim about her activities. The only improvement to the story would involve someone getting word to Anna’s husband about her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really Needed Editing

It lost momentum several times, the conversations were stilted. There was an interesting story in there somewhere.

Rather glad there was no editing tho'. There were several good laughs, 'sweat pea'! Perhaps it was supposed to be 'sweat pee'?

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very good story. She should have known better. She went up to the edge of a cliff and backed off. the only thing you missed was what happened to Anna - like divorce, pregnancy and not knowing/finding the sperm donor, and maybe a real nasty incurable STD, and of course the public humiliation of being known as a cheating slut, and being condemned by her family.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago
They still have problems.

Quote: Rather glad there was no editing tho'. There were several good laughs, 'sweat pea'! Perhaps it was supposed to be 'sweat pee'? "

Me: Perhaps the spelling should be the name of the real flower "sweet pea."

There was one major problem that I saw. The guy had this ego problem that he was the only able fixer and that his wife was automatically the stupid one. She might have been better off without his perfectionism. Not that she was perfect, but his attitude and the secret tapes really made me angry. I'd not stay with someone who taped my phone conversations without my knowledge. I would also not be staying with someone who was so judgemental about the one evening out that she confessed not only her actions but also her conclusions that she wanted to stay with her husband. He felt no remorse for his not trusting her or for his using surveillance of her phone calls to judge whether to stay with her or not.

I'm sorry to write so complicated about this but what I'm thinking isn't coming to me in soft simple words. The husband was trying to correct a relationship that was on the edge of going off the rails. His way of doing it would have made his wife leave if she'd known about him using surveillance of her phone. His distrust and his disrespect for her almost had her out the door and I honestly don't blame her. He should give her credit for good judgement and disappear the surveillance equipment forever.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago
hmm

think i might have read this before it was pulled. swear read so many LW stories they are starting to blend together

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago
yeah

did read this before it was pulled, why was it pulled? weird seems pretty tame to me

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago
oh

i see my old comment it was those weird links wasnt it ok i get it now lol

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 3 years ago

I liked the idea of the story but some of the dialogue just seemed far too long and implausible. Do you have conversations like that yourself???

The sudden lifestyle changes felt a bit odd, from nothing to exercise, diet and oral sex in the blink of an eye.

A good idea and how I'd like to think most people would behave in the real world, but definitely room for improvement imo.

dardefdardefabout 3 years ago

OK story....but a new play called Cyrano de Bergerac.... written in 1897.....

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago
@ ShadowRosie -

First, the husband had sized up this friend Anna correctly. Slut. Then, by accident he learns that Anna is putting the heavy press on Diane to be her "Wing Slut" at these so called Girls Night Outs.

Based on your handle, I assume that you are female, so what's your suggested move if you learned, by accident, that your man is being heavily recruited to cheat on you?

I thought this MC had a decent plan: Up his game & try to put the zing back into the marriage on several fronts... realize, that if she's going to cheat, she'll do it anyway and if she is a wife willing to do that, then he does not want her any longer... set up some kind of surveillance to keep informed.

If she is a "cheater to be," confronting her, forcing him to reveal how he knows so much will just cause her to go off on him, & delay her fling.

Only the guilty complain about the method used to catch them.

His overhearing the initial game planning by Anna was certainly "probable cause" enough to justify surveillance. Had wifey shot down Anna's suggestions for a fun night, clearly and adamantly, maybe not enough justification. But even though wifey said that she wouldn't cheat, she indicated that it might be fun.

Last point: Diane DID cheat, maybe not as bad as some, but her being out, stroking another man's cock, while allowing groping & his fingers made it to her crotch before she snapped out of it is STILL cheating.

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

LOL hopefully she doesn't run into a similar situation when they have a mundane period in their life. She was rubbing strange cock when they were in the middle of their second honeymoon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not a very interesting plot

and just a bunch of Literotica clichés strung together.

phill1cphill1cabout 3 years ago

"Last point: Diane DID cheat, maybe not as bad as some, but her being out, stroking another man's cock, while allowing groping & his fingers made it to her crotch before she snapped out of it is STILL cheating"

I disagree. She has to be AWARE of what she's doing for it to be cheating. She didn't go there to cheat. She was setup by her 'friend' and, basically, drugged.

I think anyone can and does have illicit thoughts about people other than their spouses. It's natural. But you have to act on them and, IMO, she didn't act on them, rather she acted in defense of her marriage. Realizing the situation and acting on it (kneeing the dude and slapping him) That's not cheating.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Okay. JClife, you did a good job telling your story and of course you took hits from the readers. I haven’t read all comments, but hopefully some contained specks of wisdom you can put to good use. Unfortunately, if LW readers hold to their time honored role, many comments will be made by those who don’t understand the meaning of the word ‘fiction’, nor do they understand that the world between the title and the end belongs to you. Nothing happens that you don’t write in the story

This is the third one of your stories I have read, and I gave it a 5. (But then I may be an easy grader, especially when don’t notice a lot of errors.)

Good Luck! cd

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Stop

He could have stopped it by warning Anna off.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Maybe things weren't as rosy as Anna thought at home? Well, not my problem.

.

That lost you stars, any man who has that attitude about OTHER marriages has no right to be upset if his wife turns out to be a whore as well

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

She pulled his hand back up and said "careful their young man" in a flirting way, knowing that she hadn't really said enough to put him off. He then pulled her body tightly into his and started to grind his cock against her already moist pussy. She could feel him getting very hard and her pussy started to tingle and yearned to be touched.

Estevan took her hand and put it on his penis, and Diane pulled it away, but ignoring her, he pulled it back and held it there. She could sense him getting aroused and hard and it was incredibly exciting to her. He then removed his hand, and this time she left her hand there and started to fondle his penis, in her mind trying to decide if he was bigger than Tim. She couldn't tell but she could feel how excited he was getting and she felt powerful and incredibly aroused stroking his cock in front of others on the dance floor.

She closed her eyes and let him guide her around the floor. Then, he slipped his hand down the front of her jeans and onto her wet panties. She was succumbing to her lust, yearning for her pussy to be touched and for a sweet orgasm to take her body away. She felt like she was in a dreamlike state and opened her eyes, almost expecting to see Tim's loving face but instead she saw Estevan with a lustful grin trying to get his hands under her panties.

- Before she closed her eyes, she knew it wasn't Tim she was messing with...

Sometime after she closed her eyes she might be able to argue she was thinking it was now Tim... but she sure didn't think it was her husband when she was '...trying to decide if he was bigger than Tim.'

So, she definitely cheated. It's just up to Tim to decide if the degree of cheating was too much for him to excuse.

And blaming the alcohol... she's never been drunk and doesn't know better than to drink to excess?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tim should ave filed for a legal separation and moved out for 6 months. Clearly Diane was not that much in love with him for her to go to club with a girlfriend she knew was only going out to cheat on her marriage.

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 3 years ago

Not putting herself in that situation to begin with should've been Diane's choice, however, not much tension & suspense in that. If alcohol is in play, so are drugs these days; perhaps more than a few guys who like to tilt the playing field in their favor with something extra in a drink. Just throwing that out there for consideration; not saying Estevan was in that group but good looks & charm don't always "close the deal..."

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Good story. Lucky Dianne, eh???

So close to disaster. I still would’ve punished her severely, a rough spanking, or, a bare ass be

Ting or caning.

That way she would NEVER forget, ever!!

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He let Diane off WAYYY to easily. She knew what Anna had planned before she even got there. Also, she KNEW it wasn’t Tim doing that to her because she admitted she was so turned on by a younger man and someone besides Tim complimenting her AND she even was trying to compare whose dick was bigger between the Latino guy and Tom. He should have shown her the video. So disappointing that he didn’t. She put herself in that position and made the choice to stroke the guys dick for crying out loud. He literally didn’t punish her or make there be any consequences at all. Otherwise a good story.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 3 years ago

I have to agree with the comments below. To summarize it all and put it into harsh words. Diane is either terminally stupid and immature for her age or she is a slut deep down or both. She probably should get professional help in order to come clear about her betrayal and to eventually set her husband free.

The description of her meeting with her "friend" Anna and doing the things she did at the club AFTER her marriage had taken such a turn from routine to exciting and fulfilling was really disheartening to read. The decision to stay together should have not be made this fast and easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. Thanks.

vhasstvhasstabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed this, you could have taken it further, I'm thinking sexy punishments for Diane.. Would not be inconsistent with their journey of exploring their intimacy.

NorthHunterNorthHunterabout 3 years ago

Wow great story, yes there really are couples like this in real life. Personally I would have been so proud of Diane for what she did. Sure she came close but dammit she instantly chose her husband and her respect of him, further to that she told him the whole truth (almost unheard of for a woman) what I mean is the WHOLE TRUTH.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 3 years ago

Well what hell i could go for this resolution. I know the crowd here will call for her head on a platter. But she did tell the truth, okay she fucked up, haven't we all? Should she have gone to the club? Nope. Should she have told her friend to fuck off and never come near her ever again as soon as she mentioned about the sex club. Yep. But if she didn't go there there would no point to story. Well written story thanks.

misogynistwithcausemisogynistwithcauseabout 3 years ago

WTF SOOOOOOO RR > I know people have gotten tired of me saying it, but . . . if a man doesn’t take care of business at home, someone else will. Tim stepped up and started taking care of his wife again, and that might be the only thing that saved them, because Diane was horny, and nearly went all the way.

That’s the other half of the equation: women get horny, too. Fortunately Tim had been stepping up recently, and that helped Diane resist, in the end, what could have happened.

WTF DID YOU SAY ? I MISS SOMETHING - WTF DID SHE DO > TO STEP IT UP YOU MALE BASHER?

SO MANY WRITTERS > SHE SORRY ITS A MISTAKE SHE FUCKING CRIES > AND BOOM ALL IS FORGIVEN, YEP HE DID STEP UP, SO WHAT DID SHE DO FOR HIM, SEX? AFFECTION? LET HIM KNOW SHE STILL LOVED HIM WANTED HIM

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
It seems Tom is a much better friend to Tim than Tim is to Tom.

Tim had all that proof Anna was cheating. Then he debated whether he should at least give a heads up to Tom, then doesn’t. Then the first time Tom has any info on Diane (the drinking, dancing, kneeing and slap) Tom forwards it to Tim.

Tim! What an asshole you are. He had more than just a little hint Anna was slutting around. Fuck. Leave an anonymous note on Tom’s windshield or something. SOMETHING!!! Instead he just doesn’t seem to care enough. Fuck. If he’s so eF-en weak about giving a little heads up to an friend, what an eF-en pussy he probably is as a husband. Wuss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I do understand why this piece was rejected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Tim is a lousy friend, he should have told Tom what he overheard. If he had told Tom, then the PI would have started earlier and there would be a chance Anne would have been served with divorce papers before the night Diane joined her at the club.

As for what you wrote, Tim is not only a lousy friend but a weak husband. Instant reconciliation is trash, make her move into another room in the house and prove she can be trusted. No instructions given other than prove I can trust you when I’m not around as you already confessed you are will to go out a be a cock tease when I am gone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

i think tim should of give his wife a bit more of a hard time and made her see what she nearly lost all the effort hes put in and she still disrespected their marriage and yeh i know women get horny like men but does that become ure only focus i would never cheat on my bf we have been together 18 years if i felt it could happen i would end the relationship because i love him to much to disrespect him like that an he says the same

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, how come the husband or man in the relationship is always responsible for making sure the relationship going and growing? A relationship involves two people but the writer and commenters seem support the antiquated notion that the woman has no responsibility to maintaining and improving the relationship beyond acting like a spoiled pampered princess. From what I've seen most relationships are run by the woman. So if things are dull and stagnant and you want to change things up then by all means do something instead of expecting your husband to be a mind reader. You get what you give in this life.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Men always have to cater to the wife. Wife should go out of her way to satisfy hubby!! Maybe anal sex once in a while? BJ to completion??!!

Helen1899Helen1899almost 3 years ago

This should have been rejected again, it was rubbish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thing that annoys me with most of these stories is that the man seems to get the blame for the marriage getting boring sex wise.

You never read that the wife had tried her bit to fix things like maybe, the husband walks into the bedroom and finds his wife laid back on the bed is a sexy nighty, get flirty with hubby etc, try to get him frisky, generally it don’t take much with most blokes ha ha

Before a wife strays she probably should reflect on what she did to try to break her marriage out of the rut, even speak with hubby. It takes 2 to make a marriage work, you cant blame hubby if wife don’t put in some effort as well.

Another thing that comes up a lot is the hubby always being to tied up in his job, a lot of blokes do, trying to provide for there family, and a lot of the time it affects their health not just the sex life.

There is a saying …work to live, don’t live to work

To this authors credit he lays the blame in regards to that, on both of them.

This is a story it goes the way the author wishes, showing how a man see’s the danger and works to save his marriage.

I liked this story, a couple of things I didn’t like, but not my story

I was disappointed the author had Dianne cheat, yes what she allowed is cheating, Dianne knew what Anna’s Friday nights were about, getting laid, going out with her was a bad call to start with,

I would have liked it to go that Dianne walks in, see’s the 2 blokes, says to Anna “No way” and walks out, maybe have an argument with her, call her stupid, then when Tom and Anna split, both reflect on what might have been.

The problem with confronting Dianne with what he heard would have been if she mentioned it to Anna, discussions would have taken place away from the house.

In reality Tim should have said when Dianne asked him what cased the changes or how he wanted to change things, that one of his friends just went through a divorce, their marriage got into a rut and his wife let a friend talk her into going out for “girls nights out” with the intent to pick up blokes.

Then say it caused him to evaluate their marriage and he realised they were moving into a rut, and he wanted to work at doing his part to make sure there’s never got to that stage and that is why he had been changing things.

If Dianne was half smart then that would make her see the danger in going on a “Girls night out” with Anna, knowing Tim don’t like her to start with.

With Tom making contact those few times maybe Tim could have reached out to Tom, go for a few beers and maybe steer the conversation towards how he was making changes to his marriage out of fear of what happened to his “made up friend”. Good chance that Tom and Anna’s had gone the same way, although I think their marriage woe’s had gone too far already.

A *4 for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well... This was an interesting story. THAT being said, women have a great sense of intuition. And a great bullshit barometer. Walking into the bar, and seeing her slut friend with two men, she would have known the score. I don’t think, she would have been so eager to down 4 drinks, in this situation. And, she was only one roofie away, from fucking the guy.

No way a woman lets any of this happen to her, in a situation like that, without wanting it to happen. That is the rub. What happens the next time some young guy makes her feel beautiful, and says all the right things? I am thinking at least counseling, and a post nup are in order. Trust, but verify...

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

He should show her the video.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked it (so a 4). Mostly wanted to comment on those recent comments. Hey, you know it's fiction, right? Yes, there may be a lot of husbands carrying the loads to stop a wife from straying, but that's the LW world as it's developed. It's not real life, just the imaginary universe of this site. And note that near the end, he put the Friday night activities onus on her, so then it became HER job to keep HIM interested.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Tim

Tim is an arsehole,he could have told Tom what Anna was up to and if he had done it early enough,he might have saved Thier marriage.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not bad, I gave it a 5 despite some complaints. Tim hiding what he knew from Tom was kinda dirty and him having to spoil his wife felt kinda off to me. The only way she won't cheat is to be romanced constantly doesn't leave much hope for the future when he needs to slow down some. The fact is it takes two to tango in a marriage and it just as much on her to keep the spark alive but instead she was listening to her slut of a friend about getting some strange D.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

Hmm... human behaviour is indeed a curious thing. A relationship is like a beautiful garden. If you don't constantly take care of it, it will grow wild and eventually everything starts to falter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the first things they teach you in therapy when dealing with people and their self destruction behavior is the Three "C's"......you didn't cause it, you can't cure it and you can't control it.

People cheat because they feel entitled to cheat. The Cheater's Handbook gives them 1001 excuses to use to try justify their shitty behavior but it all comes down to the cheater's sense of entitlement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Tim should have told Tom about his suspicions and the conversations Anna had with his wife Diane. Tom immediately called Tim and told him what he knew once he had the video.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Good story with one already noted discrepancy. Tim may still have a problems the road. What satisfied wife would walk into a bar, see her friend (who she already knows is a cheating slut) sitting with two guys, and then slam shots with them on an empty stomach. Only one with ideas about what her friend told her would happen. I have to call bullshit on a wimpy husband; the damage was done before the knee to the nuts which, in a real life situation, would not have happened. In real life, with things going as far ax they had, she would gotten fucked also and the PI would have ended her marraige too. Why do the authors of several loving wives stories think it is acceptable for a wife to go to a bar for drinking and dancing with strange men? That alone is reason for divorce.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Bodice Ripper?

I can’t believe the dialog or the characters. It’s like a science fiction computer simulation of simple, virtuous and virtual characters in a young teen morality play.

It’s just weird that the author thinks the “Oh Charles, set me free!” sort of dialog with its odd formality and 19th century stylism would interest modern readers.

One of my very favorite utterances is this:

‘I cried, "Oh no my Diane, how could you do this to me?"’

Just amazing. On the edge of my seat.

Whew!? Is it getting hot in here?

crazycam69crazycam69over 2 years ago

Great story! Only thing I think should have been added is Tim coming clean about hearing their conversation through the window which made him realize he had to turn things around. He also should have confessed about the spying and that he had seen the video. If she was 100% truthful, he should have as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK, but as others have pointed out, the dialogue is very stilted; it doesn't read like real people actually sound. And while the husband's ideas on how to improve the marriage are good and a couple of the sex scenes are pretty well done, there is a tendency for much of it to read like a formulaic self-help manual. Still you have promise and should keep writing; it will get better. With lots of rewrites and tightening things up.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Character of the protagonist

If I were a friend of Tim, I would say to him, “Tim, dude, you’ve totally got her where you want her. She adores you and can’t imagine betraying you in anyway, ever again.

“You need to sound stronger. The way you talk to her, you sound like you’re trying to be one of her girlfriends. You should hear yourself!

“So talk less, don’t be so flowery, and try to be more manly, and you’ll totally own her. Grow a pair!”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crock what a wimp should of blasted her he tried everything he could to solve their issues and she went off out anyway who walks into a club knowing your best friend is a slut and still sits down at the table with 2 men she knew what was coming she should of walked out of that club as soon as she walked in and seen them all at the table

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like Ruttweiler's advice to the MC! It was painful and embarrassing to read the verbose outpouring of his feelings for his wife, not once but repeatedly. Surely she must have wondered what could have triggered this drastic change in him. Also, does anyone speak to his wife in the language Tim employed?! Tiny Tim may have had more balls than this guy. Of course it's only a story; unfortunately it reflects badly on the author!!

socaltzrsocaltzrover 2 years ago

The idea and plotline are great. I love the idea of the trainwreck being averted. However, you have a lot of tell in your story, where there should be show. MC`s language and over praising after neglect definitely would raise some red flags for the wife. All of the things that tipped off Tom to Anna`s cheating would have made the wife suspicious when the MC did them. Also, I realize you were trying to play off the similarities in Tim and Tom and the road not traveled etc. But it was simply a bit confusing.

In a rewrite or your next effort, put in conversation with other people. For example use the female engineer as a sounding board or advisor for his relationship (maybe even have the wife a bit suspicious of their newly better relationship and that's part of her motivation to let Suavé get as far as she did). Have him debate whether to tell Tom with the COO and maybe get some advice from him (maybe something that backfires or that helps them discover a new fetish).

It is the normality of the relationships outside of your conceit that make it more believable. In this case your conceit is the aversion, in a month, of cheating by someone who is primed for it after 10-12 years of neglect. This is not a realistic outcome the resentment and frustration would still be there and she would likely be justifying her cheating by the last month being a fluke and that he would never know or she deserved to let go based on his years of neglect. You have asked your readers to suspend our disbelief in the likelihood of that, so you need to give us a surrounding story that is solidly believable and flushed out enough to compensate.

Lastly, you/your editor did a great job with grammar and spelling, which,on this site, need to be congratulated.

Please keep writing, you have good ideas and solid fundamentals. I hope my comments are helpful to you in your future writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another idiot married to work. Why do they get married. Just buy sex every month and go on. Oh maybe twice a month? Wow what a man.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Liked the story, but not sure she really suffered enough. She did cheat.... Liked the RAAC though.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

This one is great. The male is finally in tune with his spouse enough to respond to needs that she cannot understand or handle, and she's enough of a hero to snap out of it and bail out of the situation in the club. It's all about that hypnotic Latin beat, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's your plot BUT when she walked into the club and saw TWO men sitting with her friend, she should have known, after all their girl talks, what was up. She would then have a life changing decision to make and making the one she did should have cost her her marraige. IT WAS A CONSCIOUS DECISION! And hubby wasn't without guilt either. Any man who knowingly lets his wife go to an establishment, posh or not, where she will drink alcohol and dance with strange or not so strange men deserves every painful consequence of said event. So, no, I don't think your plot was a reasonable one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved this.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

Even if you excuse her actions when her eyes were closed and believe she thought it was her husband feeling her up...

She *knew* it wasn't her husband kissing her neck, rubbing her ass, whose cock she was feeling and having rubbed against her...

And it was the fault of the alcohol, flirting, music, and seduction... well, who told her to drink, flirt, or allow herself to be seduced...? People *can* go to bars without drinking, dance without flirting, and tell someone "No!".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad, but she confessed and he didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too many switches of point-of-view and the grammar gets a bit rocky in places too.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

I liked it.

It had steroetypes and clichés

but it also had a view on a classic problem in a marriage.

A problem where partners neglect each other.

It happens too in families and friendships.

How you deal with that, is always interesting

to read about in a story.

In this story the guy acts and his wife reacts.

Just reacts.

Her lack of input into their relationship is noticeable.

Especially when she goes out on a night on the town

with her slut girlfriend.

And starts acting like a slut.

Is it enough that she stops?

That's a matter of opinion.

She certainly is far from being a good wife.

I found the story interesting and well played.

Top ratings from me.

Danger09Danger09over 2 years ago

Happily married women have no business being friends with sluts. Sluts always think them slutting around makes their relationship better😂😂😂🤭🤭. They're delusional. They delude themselves to wanting to believe having different cocks in them makes them freakier for their husbands. Most men want a freak for a wife but they want the wife to be freaky for THEM. most men with balls don't find their mate being a complete gutter slut sexy. Sex is special between married couple. Giving it away to any tom, dick and harry, just fuck's the special right out of it. There's nothing special about pussy or dick that's for everybody. Nothing sexy about diseases. Why do these type of sluts insist on being someone's wife? Why not just turn the guy down when they propose, knowing you have zero intention of being faithful?. this is why divorce rate is so high. There's a lot of people out here who never should've gotten married, married. Marriage is not for everyone. Especially a braindead cum slut. They think with their pussies. Those are the type of whores that never should get married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a crisis point in their marriage. The wife's decision to join her slut friend and two single males for a night of drinking and dancing is not consistent with her assertions that she loves her husband and values her marriage. Her moral compass is OK with progressive physical intimacy with one of these strangers up to the point when he tried to finger fuck her. That's not the role model most men would want for their children.

The forgive and forget mentality the MC decides to employ will likely lead to heartache in the future. If there is to be a successful marriage in the long run, the wife must make lasting changes in her thought and behavior patterns now. Therapy and a harsh postnup should be among his requirements for remaining in the relationship at this point.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Very average, more a manual on 'how to save your marriage' than an erotic sex story. I agree with lots of others, what a selfish self centred bastard he was. He was only interested in himself, he should have given the heads up to Tom, given the guy a chance to save his marriage.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

I liked your story. Reminder all us hubbys that we have to be proactive in keeping the love alive in our marriages and communication open. Unlike some comments below I liked the more than one POV, though a little better transition might have aided in the usage. Good story and nice writing. Thanks for sharing. John

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wrong approach from the gitgo. While Anna is encouraging your wife to cheat on you, you walk calmly into the house, grab by the hair, lift her up, slug her once in the gut, and drag her out onto the front lawn. Then you walk calmly back into the house and glare at your wife. End of problem.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

So much for that better or worse bs. If she’s happy she’s faithful

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another well written story but you missed big time that Tim could have ended it all by letting Tom know immediately that Anna was cheating on him . No mater what lame excuses you came up with why Tim did not fill Tom in are exactly that,lame. No one I know would not let another know that their spouse was stepping out. A person whom would not has no integrity.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Another well written story of a husband made the changes in there love life that revitalized and save their marriage. The incident that happened with Estevan was a close call, but Diane even through the alcohol and bumping and grinding realized what was happening and put a stop to it immediately. Tim saw what she did to stop a potential problem and found it in his heart to forgive and move on to their happily ever after. Well done 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

if the cunt was unsatisfied w/ her sex life, why not 1- mention that to her husband(in an unhurtful non judgemental way? LOL like any woman would or even knows how to be non judgemental when critiquing hubby!!!!!),. 2- start thinking for herself how to make sex better for her and (hopefully ) her husband?

Only a woman would think extra marital or extra relationship sex would make things better or enhance a relationship. typical female idiocy and arrogance, like any better sex for her automatically equates to better sex and a happier hubby, at least in this story the author got Toms reaction right to that BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonder if Anna would give me a head for $50.00

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable and realistic. Diane did cheat, what she did was no different (from an unfaithful standpoint) when she kissed him, rubbed her body on him,, felt his dick, etc. That is cheating and basically no different form giving the guy a blow job or a fuck. Diane CHEATED on her husband. It was a bad choice to go out to a club like that with her husband out of town. The alcohol clouded her mind and she slipped, her husband realized this. Diane confessed everything and it was obvious she regretted her actions and begged for forgiveness. Tim was in love with her and man enough to forgive her and move ahead with their marriage. He and she made the correct decisions to resolved this incident.

Les

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 2 years ago
People seem to be overreacting as well as underreacting

Overreacting about her level or degree of cheating. Yes, there are levels and degrees of cheating. While still a level or degree of cheating, things like flirting, grinding, playful groping, etc. are NOT the same thing as Blow Jobs and Screwing or a strong emotional affair with proclamations of actual love for each other.

To me what is most concerning is how many are underreacting, including both of our main character's reactions in the story in regard to Anna's blatant and self-admitted cheating. Why didn't Anna's cheating bother either Diane or Tim??? Why didn't Diane's disregard for Anna's cheating bother Tim??? When push came to shove, Tim wussed out on letting Tom know about Anna's cheating, and that ironically almost cost him his marriage. A couple of more Tequila's and Diane would have been getting split roasted in the motel room with Anna. If someone is willing to condone or turn a blind eye to cheaters, even if they are good friends, those same people will more than likely be willing to cheat themselves if the perfect opportunity arose. The instant Diane found out Anna was a cheater is the exact time she should have ended the friendship and all communication with her.

The funny part about this is once Tim knew about Anna's cheating and desire to get his wife, Diane, involved in the cheating, all Tim needed to do was go over to Tom and Anna's house and told Tom about it and then threatened Anna about never talking to or coming near his wife, Diane, ever again. Done separately would probably have more positive results than telling them both at the same time. Or, simply just have a conversation with Anna alone and tell her if she doesn't stop her slut ways and also doesn't stop all contact with his wife, then he will tell Tom about her cheating and hand over the evidence to him. Another option is to send an anonymous email to Tom and also one to himself describing Anna's slutty actions and her desire to involve Diane in them as well and then hand that email over to Diane telling her that her friendship and contact with Anna WILL destroy their marriage. Then leave "notes" on a paper where Diane can stumble across them detailing things needed to do for a divorce and the phone numbers of Divorce Attorneys.

All of my above examples would probably work to varying degrees. Of course, none of those really solves the problems in Tim and Diane's marriage. They needed way better communication and doing many of the things they did to reinvigorate the marriage. A marriage counselor would have possibly been beneficial as well.

In my marriage, both I and my wife live by the motto, "If you aren't communicating, paying attention, and treating your spouse with love and affection, someone else eventually will." My wife and I always talk about anything and everything and that way, most issues never become anything more than minor issues. We also put the other first in our lives.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

My one issue with this enjoyable story is that this guy Tim did EVERYTHING he could think of to improve his relationship. He went on dates,tried new things,exercise,less time at work, surprises, and still the one time he was not around his wife was a gnats dick away from cheating on him. Goes to show you that it's really hard to overcome someone constantly in your SO ear undermining you at every turn.

kkceohcskkceohcsabout 2 years ago

Loved it. I try to be better. I realized along time ago, it's all about your partner. But how to get her to care as much about you as you feel about her. That us the eternal question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite frankly, I think that the protagonist' entire premise is wrong, and the correct course of action should be the reverse, had he had any self respect or sense of self worth. Him taking action to improve his relationship is one thing, him doing this under the threat of betrayal and deception is quite another: if the entire premise is that his expectation is that if he doesn't do this, his partner would hurt/humiliate/betray/deceive him, then the real question is: why should he stay with such a person, investing energy into saving a relationship with someone that he think would betray him? He is obviously willing to fight for the relationship, and has no intention of betraying or deceiving his partner, so it's impossible to understand why he would not think that he deserves someone just as committed, than would never abuse his trust or put him through the emotional abuse of betrayal and deception. In other words, he should not ask for anything less than he is willing to give. That is, if he wants to have an equal relationship, and be treated like a person, an equal partner, rather than be a subservient lapdog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I mean, I realize that without this we basically wouldn't have this whole story, but once he realized that to his partner betrayal and deception were on the table, if he had any self respect he should have really walked away and chosen to be with someone that wouldn't treat him this way if they encountered problems in the relationship. I also didn't like how this basically removes accountability from his partner, making this something *he* has to prevent, rather than what it is, namely *her choice*. Basically *he* has to work to prevent *her* from betraying and deceiving him? Sounds pretty coercitive and unhealthy, basically a relationship based on a threat, where he walks on egg shells and goes out of his way to prevent her from doing something that, in any relationship where his partner feels he deserves the slightest shred of respect, he should have every right to just expect her *not* to do. Not betraying, deceiving, humiliating or heaping this sort of emotional abuse on your partner should be a basic precondition and a bare minimum expectation to meet. If he had any self respect, he would feel entitled to be treated with that bare minimum of respect, and if really thought she was the kind of person that wouldn't meet even that low of a bar, it should be a deal breaker. Instead, he acts as if he was his parent or teacher trying to stop her from eating the candy. That's not an equal relationship, that's not treating her as an adult. I suppose that the last thing is the fact that if she has not done this yet, it's not clear with what degree of certainty he can suspect her of being the kind of person that would -if he was wrong, it would be rather insulting-.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would question the entire premise here. It would be one thing if he tried to correct course in an attempt to save his marriage, but if it was explicitly because he thought his partner is the kind of person that would otherwise betray, deceive, and humiliate him, pushing this kind of hurt and emotional abuse on him, then I would really question why anyone with any shred of self respect and self worth would actually want to stay around such a person, rather than walk away and find someone that would not. If the other side of the relationship is unwilling to even grant you such a basic level of respect not even as a lover, but as a human being, then there is no equal relationship to speak of, no real foundation of trust and respect, and thus there is no basis for any sort of relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Multiple thoughts on this. It would be one thing to try to prevent the relationship from ending, and correct course. Another thing to keep in mind is that until she actually does anything, there is just his thoughts, which if wrong would be rather insulting. But once he takes it as a given that if he does not do A, B or C then she will betray and deceive him, then he is effectively saying that she does not have the slightest respect for him, and therefore it's impossible to understand how anyone with any self respect would want to stay with her. Without even this basic level of trust and respect, what is he trying to protect and save, exactly? Nothing of value, in the eyes of anyone with any sense of self worth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 Star. Oh how it galls the "perfect moralists" that real people can be tempted and that what matters is how they behave at crunch time.

The good guys made it through.

Well done.

And your "perfect moralists" out there try remembering that if hub had dropped an anonymous email to Anna's husband right at the start, instead of "none of my business", he could have avoided all this because Anna's hub would have taken action earlier.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Great Author with Great Stories

Unfortunately, this story isn't one of them. The MC comes off as spineless. He didn't come to his friend's aid with he knew the friend's wife is a complete skank. He gives his cheating wife a complete pass. He takes the blame for his marriage deteriorating even though it was the wife's desire to start sniffing around.

Oh well, an author is bound to have some stinkers. Count this as one of them. 3* (Had the author found a way for the MC to reclaim his testicles he it would have been higher).

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

"Diane, you told me that you had stopped your friendship with her after what she tried to lead you into at the club, so I'm not sure why this has surprised you and why it's made you so sad."

In the moment, this was kinda of a ass-holish thing to say.

Good story.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

"But on the dance floor, I feel like I cheated on you and I am so sorry Tim! I can only blame it on the alcohol, and how aroused I was by the Latin beat and the feel of this young strong man rubbing up against me.

Husband: "Note to self - *Never* allow wife to go to or take her to any Latin local."

Apparently, alcohol, music, and hot guys combined can get her to cheat. Heaven forbid she keep *herself* out of that type of situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

pussy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bullshit. She wanted to cheat. He knows it. She knows it. He just decided to pretend to ignore that reality, and cross his fingers. Better to eject immediately, and not waste more of his life on this wanna be skank.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous