All Comments on 'Leaving Comments'

by dirtyjoe69

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
madengineer3madengineer3over 17 years ago
Freedom of Choice

In most cases I fully agree with this writer. We all have the choice as to what we will read and what we will not read. In my own opinion there are much more objectionable things than the "loving wives" catagory. For example I do not, in any way, appreciate rape or total injustice.

To paraphrase the writer, if you don't like something avoid it and be aware that there may be people who have different tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Cruising for a bruising, you pink starfish

Yeah, your ranting, "if you dont like something, dont read." Fair enuff.

But can you speak English???? You go to Loving Wives, and post a story about your wife, and mother of your child fucking two delivery men and taking a dick up her ass, whilst her husband is at work, and then writing him about it????

And then you wonder when readers are pissed off? What is so loving wife about that? Can you tell me (*****) (yeah, I removed the insult)

If you look, most people who get insults or even threats, its people like you, who abuse the loving wives category, to post cheating wife/cuckold stories, or BDSM, Non Consent. Its the same in IR category, most people get attacked coz they write BDSM/NC Interracial Rape stories.

Literotica should really put up a category for you cucksters.

You see, you and your kind, MR DIrtyjoe69, get attacked coz there are some decent folk out there, who dont like stupid, sick stories. STick to your categories like Incest/Taboo and BDSM and Gay Male and noone will bother you, you pink starfish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
if you put your name to something

you want it to be the best it can be.if you write and don't know what you are writing about and it sucks, it sucks.if you put out good writings the comments will be good on a whole.remember the reader is the judge to your writing not you,you think you wrote a good story,but the reader see it different.comments are to make you better and also stronger.if you're weak at heart don't write,but you got talent.remember with maturity comes wisdom.good common sense and be real,you want have to many bad comments.if you do get bad comments know you did the right thing.some people want attention and some people are mad at the world,you can't control them be true to your writings. i'm not a writer,but love to read a good story.

HDTravelerHDTravelerover 17 years ago
The Lit BB is worse

you should see the vitriol passed around the bulletin boards of Lit - I made one post about straying from my marriage, and you'd think I was Osama or something.

Either a reflection of our society at this time, or porn attracts negative people, but this is not the place if you are looking for support or encouragement or understanding,

satyricon.21satyricon.21over 17 years ago
comments are comments

and if you don't like them, wipe them: that's what i do.

the ones i wipe are the racist ones, the ones that are personally offensive/abusive, the ones from the people who want to talk about themselves rather than what they've been reading. the rest i leave.

there are plenty of authors whose work i don't like, but so what? if i don't like a story i don't leave a comment.

regards, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
On why "Loving Wives" generates so much heat

The biggest reason why "Loving Wives" stories generate a lot of angst on this site is that a great many of the stories in that category do not contain any loving wives. They may be fucking wives, in that they fuck a lot, but love seems to be strangely absent in a great many of these stories.

A lot of them try to put it in, with wives who fuck half the population of China (the male half) and then turn around to their husband and say: "it was only sex, you are the man I love!". For a lot of people this is a blatantly contradictory position; it is not a form of "love" that they find at all realistic or even understandable.

Then there are the willing wimp stories, where the husband gets off on watching his wife fuck other men (or women, or both). Again, there is a break down in the "understanding" part - most people are not of the type that would enjoy watching their spouse cheat, so reading about one presents difficulties in trying to understand where the protagonist is coming from.

I won't say anything about cheating husband stories, as there aren't many (far more cheating wife stories). The cheating husband stories are almost all of a type, which invariably end up with the cheated wife getting revenge of some sort and leaving her worthless husband. Willing wimp wives are as rare as hen's teeth, as are forgiving wives.

Which is the next big problem with a lot of "loving wives" stories - the cheating wife who is forgiven by a husband who would put Job to shame in the tolerance department. These stories often leave the reader wondering "what the hell is this moron thinking?" in reference to the cheated husband. There seems to be a Hollywood image of "love conquering all", which apparently includes homicidal rage and insane jealousy.

Which brings me to the real reason why a lot of "loving wives" stories generate angst: they are badly written. I'm not talking about the spelling, grammar or punctuation here, I'm talking about plot creation and story telling. If a writer paints a picture of a completely unworthy harlot of a wife for most of the story followed by an elaborate "plan" by the husband then concluding with a few short paragraphs of forgiveness and reconciliation is criminal. It is totally inadequate; the reader feels like they've just finished a C-grade detective story which concludes with the criminal being found purely by coincidence, rather than by any effort of the protagonists.

Incidentally, if anybody is screaming "so why don't you write stories then?" right now, give up. I know that I cannot create a good plot or write believable characters; I don't have the patience required and hence I don't bother inflicting my poor efforts on anybody else. That doesn't mean that I can't recognise a good story (or a bad one), just as you don't have to be a concert pianist to be able to recognise a good rendition of Chopin.

If a writer wants to create a "reconciliation" story then they have to be extremely careful to set it up properly. This means that the person who cheats must do so in a way that cannot be faulted to them in any way whatsoever. Scenarios that typically fail: blackmailed wives (objection: if she loves her husband, she should trust him enough to let him know that she has screwed up somehow, alternatively if she is being "framed" she should contact the police), "it happened accidentally" (objection: the scenarios in which this happen are usually so blatantly obviously leading to an affair that even a brain-dead moron could see where it was going to end up), mental illness (seriously, this type of writing needs a massive amount of research to do properly)...I could go on.

What it comes down to is: did the reader feel that this situation was anywhere near being realistic? The argument "this is fiction, what does reality have to do with it" falls flat, as the writer is writing about people who notionally live on this planet, and in our society. If the people described sound unrealistic given that backdrop then the story has failed. Characters must appear to be realistic, the events described must look like they might actually happen - and the majority of the readers must walk away from the story thinking that.

shanaopshanaopover 17 years ago
Excellent annalysis

I agree with you and thank you for finally letting people how dumb some of their comments really are. Like you mispelled a word, or so forth. My favorite category is loving wives. I read them and when I don't like the ending, I will rate it 5 because the author wrote it not me. If there are stories about wimp husbands and I do rate it I will give it a 1, but not comment on it. To me the 1 lets the author know I was displeased with the comments. But in all hopes I really hope the authors will not stop writing because of some idiots out there that don't know what their talking about.

Thank you for your wonderful review.

OtazelOtazelover 17 years ago
A Coward

I write. I submit stories to this site, and I get them picked over in just the same way you do. I've had some very useful comments left and I've learned from them, and I've had some really nasty comments made about my writings.

But I've noticed that negative comments are almost invariably left by the same person. Mr Anonymous.

Mr Anonymous is a coward, and cowards are best ignored.

He is also illiterate, unable to put together a coherent augument, bigoted, selfish, and a shit stirrer.

None of those attributes qualify him as a critic, so ignore him on that basis also.

I do disagree with you on a couple of points though. The reason I post stories is because I enjoy the thought that people read them, maybe even like them. I do owe the readers. I owe them my existence as a writer. Authors shouldn't think that readers have to put up with whatever we choose to submit on the grounds that they're not forced to read it. It is us, the authors, who need to listen to our readers, not the other way around. If nobody reads the stories, there ain't a lot of point posting them, is there?

If we get a negative comment it's usually because:-

1. The story was posted in the wrong catagory.

2. The reader missed the point or didn't understand it.

3. The reader expected something different from the title.

4. The story is technically crap.

5. The reader is a dickhead.

But whatever the reason, the comment was posted by someone who believed what he wrote, and he's a member of our audience.

PS There are a couple of deliberate mistakes in this comment, just to give the critics something to critisize!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A reason why? because some guys are just jerks?

Of course, when someone posts a story in "loving wife" while it deals with cuckolding, sissies or w/e else except "loving wife", the reader can logically feel betrayed and angry.

Nonetheless, i think dirtyjoe is talking about people leaving comments like this one:

"Cruising for a bruising, you pink starfish

09/16/06 by Anonymous "

This guy is not angry because of the fact it's somehow a story in the wrong category (i let people judge about that), but because he hates such stories and doesn't understand why it's a turn on for anyone. Just read what he says...at 1st "it's the wrong category" and at the end he considers the writter as a "sick" guy...

Such people often come in the "non consent" or "transgender" etc category, and make the same comments...

This is just intolerance, such comments are pointless since they just insult you and tell you what to think/not to think ("this fantasy is ok / this one is sick and i'll kill your mother!" :) ).

You like horror movies? oh, you're a pathetic worm too! and video games? gosh, you should die!

To me, they are just jerks...sick and idiot jerks.

So, just print the comment and wipe your ass with it :)

ldlarry52ldlarry52over 17 years ago
Negative comments

I am glad someone has said this. Demeaning, mean spirited, nasty comments are out of line. As a writer I appreciate positive constructive criticism. I would like to see the anonymous comment removed. Our login identity is suffcient anonymity. That way mean spirted comments can be reported and controled. It is my opinion that most of this mean spirted commeters can't write themselves.

As a writer I write for the fun of it. I am experiencing vicariously things I can't or won't get the opportunity, too. I hope readers enjoy an escape from reality when they read my stories and perhaps even wank while doing so.

I have some misspelled words in my stories and my grammar may not always be perfect, but I am not writing for professional publication or a college term paper.

Writers need to be careful about which category they post in. I received justifiable criticism for posting a fetish story in loving wifes.

The problem with loving wives is what a loving wife is suppose to do sexually. This category is about the "faithful wife slut" that is she gives her love and loyalty to her husband and fucks whom ever she wants to and how ever she wants with hubby knowing or finding out and liking it.

Perhaps Literotica needs to clarify this category and reject stories if not placed in the correct category.

When I rate a story I don't knock a story down on spelling or gramar, unless it is absolutly horrible. I am looking for the story to be plausible and readable.

Finally, if you don't like the sexual activity being written about, don't read it. I don't read most stories posted here because I don't have time, I don't care for the subject, and the story is too long.

Remember, readers this site is about having fun...its not serious writing.

deepemeralddeepemeraldover 17 years ago
You have some valid points

I for one simply ignore criticism by people who stay anonymous. I've toyed with the idea of removing them, but I don't. It's true that we don't get paid for our stories, but I can understand if people get annoyed if our story doesn't do what's on the label. I have on occasion had stories reclassified by Literotica simply because I didn't take time to actually read the description of the category before submitting a story. In a few other cases I wish I could go back and reclassify a few of them myself as I've grown older and wiser and have read more stories on this site.

I write a lot of incest stories, so I put them in the incest category. Now, a person who doesn't like incest stories won't look in there, so I can imagine how annoyed that person must be if they look in Loving Wives and it contains incestuous sex. The same goes for BDSM and non-consent stories. These are topics that aren't to everybody's taste and if your story could possibly fit into two different categories and one of those is more likely to be a bit more offensive to more people, make sure you place it in that category, or at least make it clear in the description that the story has influences of a different fetish.

Apart from having classified your story incorrectly, the best way to avoid criticism is to make sure you actually spellcheck it and proofread it before submission because nothing upsets as much as bad English.

Other than that... yeah, it's a free world so why do people keep reading something they obviously don't like? I had one guy leave a comment that had nothing to do with the story. My story must have been good because he obviously thought it was autobiographical and the comment consisted mainly of words such as whore, bitch and slut... :)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 17 years ago
Good subject.

If readers don't like the topic they can skip the story. That is true. However, if comments are disturbing to the writer, he/she can turn them off. Readers have the right to say what they think, at least when the author allows comments. Writers need readers. Readers need writers. All comments demonstrate the reader felt some emotion, which is one of the writer's primary goals. Accept all comments and enjoy the opportunity to learn immediately what readers think of your story. This internet thing is working well. Thank you, Al Gore!

BazzzBazzzover 17 years ago
Comments on reader comments

A well written examination of comments by a writer. As one who has just begun to write what would be considered some extremely controversial stories on this site I have had my share of insulting and nonsensical comments thrown at me. Yet I plan on writing many more stories on this site because like most of the other writers I am not posting stories to get a "good rating" or have commentors fawning all over me with comments of adulation. I write these stories because it is an interesting and unusual hobby that allows me to explore my creativity and gives me a sense of accomplishment. I am a well educated person and know when I have done a good job with a story or not and don't need someone not brave enough to even leave a user name to tell me otherwise. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy comments even some of the negative comments. If that was the case I'd just click no in the permission to leave public comments box. The comments that no one sees any reason for are the insulting ones. These comments go beyond any kind of constructive critism.

Still there is a trend on this site towards leaving some pretty wild comments after a certain type of story. If you read an older Loving Wives or Interracial story there may be an insulting comment or two but nothing overwhelming. If you read one written within the last month or so the insulting comments have increased exponentially. To some posting these comments has become an infatuation. There is one nut that leaves at least one insulting comment a day at one of my stories. To think that this is a rational person would be a stretch.

A popular lead in to an insulting comment is that the story had been put in the wrong category, specifically the Loving Wives category. If one reads the description of what the website is looking for in the Loving Wives section you will find that it is "Tales of ADVENTUROUS married women and their mates." I capitalized adventurous as it is the key word in this description. I am of the opinion that this word in a website with the word erotic in it's title would not mean adventurous as in going camping in dangerous places or pulling off Evil Kneivel type stunts. Adventurous in this case means the women will be sexually adventurous. Now whether this means at the conclusion of the story that the woman has a cuckold for a husband or the husband has thrown the woman out on her ass is up to the author but all the insults in the world are not going to change the ending.

I can't resist writing about one comment on this essay that complains that stating a story is unrealistic is okay as a fictional story has to be based on reality. While his assertion has a slight sliver of validity if all stories had to be realistic I guess there would never be a Stephen King, Star Trek, Star Wars or just about any other science fiction or horror story. It's called imagination and in fact every creator is faced with a blank slate at one point or another and whether he/she is coming up with a fictional story or a cure for cancer or a voyage to the moon at one point or another they have to think outside of the box. So the comment about every story having to be realistic, well it's just unrealistic.

I agree with my detractors that setting up seprate categories for these stories would be a good idea. These are stories with completely different points of view, and quite frankly, both types of stories always contain large portions of fiction. Yet the moderators of this website have rarely, if ever, stepped in to try and settle these types of issues so my guess is that we on both sides of the spectrum are stuck with each other in the same category.

I looked through the new stories for today and saw a healthy dose of cheating wife stories. So despite the vicious comments my guess is that these types of stories are here to stay. I know I have been insulting to some of the other insulting people on this site and to them I do apologize but be aware that I wrote a derogatory statement about you only to stick up for another writer that was being bullied unfairly. I know that there are morons on this site that are just going to write horrible things because it makes them feel good for some irrational reason but to those that have been pretending to leave a constructive comment only to throw an insult at a writer, Kanga, Risq, Sherlock, Kolkore, Chagrined and the list goes on, why don't we call a truce for a while. When you see a story you know is not to your liking just move along. I know I'll be doing the same from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good analysis

You may not like what a reader said about your story, but just as a writer took the effort to write the story, the reader took his time in responding to the same. There's an intimate relationship between the writer and the reader, and when you see a negative comment it's because the reader felt betrayed for one reason or another. I believe this is a good analysis of the reasons why, so writers pay attention:

Repeating quote:

If we get a negative comment it's usually because:-

1. The story was posted in the wrong category.

2. The reader missed the point or didn't understand it. (add, writer indulgence, they got lost in the story and lost the reader).

3. The reader expected something different from the title.

4. The story is technically crap. (you may be an amateur writer, but there's no excuse for horrific punctuation, spelling, POV, style etc.)

5. The reader is a dickhead. (and then...there's that)

But whatever the reason, the comment was posted by someone who believed what he wrote, and he's a member of our audience. (thank you!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good Posting

Your comments were an eye opener to me. There are catagories on Literotica that do not appeal to me 'AT ALL' and I wonder how they fit into the world, BUT they do seem to fit in so I try not to judge and in stead simply vote with my mouse clicks and don't go there.

Condemming and judging unfortunatly seems to be what many folks are very good at. To bad.

Until there is a profound change in human nature, the world's suffering is a bottomless pit.

UsualPornFreakUsualPornFreakover 17 years ago
Amazing Bazz, how sweet the-e-e-e sound

You amaze me. U sir, are an educated person, obviously, judging from your claim and the fluency of your long ass comment, (plus you got words like vitriolic, nonsensical etc, in your vocab).

And yet you cant uderstand why your Zebra series is very insulting???? And why many people are pissed at you, WWW, LodRamsy and Spectator 1??? C'mon, be honest. You're writing with the intention of pissing people off (at least, I hope so, otherwise you are very naive and very racist).

Anyway, be that as it may, it would be an excellent idea for Literotica to start off a cuckold Category. I never read BDSM, NC or Incest/Taboo, Gay or Fetish, and I sure wouldn't visit Cucksters Anonymous. It doesnt mean that I got anything against those people who write or read it, it just aint my cup o tea. I respect that and wish it to be respected.

Its like what the other commentator wrote, people get pissed when the Category is wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
If You Can't Stand the Heat ...

Most of my reaction is covered by those commenters who rated this piece 50% or lower. As a writer who has posted some 15 stories on Literotica, let me say this. First, the categories are grossly mislabled. As some have already stated, "Loving Wives" is about female adultery and cuckoldry. I can also say "Non-Consent" is about rape, which I find a turn-off. Other categories also mislead the readers. One thing Literotica should do is let a story have multiple categories, so that a reader searching for a "Loving Wives" story isn't subjected to a BDSM or lesbian story he finds offensive or boring.

Second, Literotica has limited space for both titles and synopsis. While this may be necessary to prevent some writers from re-writing their stories as the synopsis, it also requires the writer to truncate the title or the synopsis to the point of being misleading or meaningless.

Third, as so many of the How-To submissions attest, many writers are lousy at spelling and grammar. This greatly detracts from the stories to the point of extreme frustration on the part of the reader, hence the negative comment.

Fourth, a lot of the writers are lousy story tellers.

Fifth, there seems to be certain conventions associated with each genre which some readers find offensive. All the Blacks have big dicks, speak in Ebonics, are drug dealers or users, have a criminal background, etc. All white women are blond, big busted, and love being fucked by said Black men. All older men want women half their ages. All older women are thilled if any man wants them at all. Don't some older men get it up for older women? I'm an older man and I constantly fantasize about Rachel Welch, Jane Fonda, Linda Evans, and other celebrities of the 60's and 70s.

Sixth, language. Why are all the women "bitches?" Why is someone orally loving your dick--male or female--called a "cocksucker" in the pejorative sense? Why is there so much hatred between "lovers?"

jan36jan36over 17 years ago
If it doesn't get your rocks off - leave it.

I have found a lot of stories I don't like in categories I don't care for, so I just leave them. I've also found stories I like by authors who clearly have spent a considerable time researching the theme and writing the story, editing it and then posting it. One author, whose stories I happened on, writes so well, that I'm going to read ALL her stories, even the ones in the categories I would normally skip. Even if I'm not attracted to gay/lesbian stories, I'm convinced she'll twist her story in a way that'll give me something to think about, just like she has done in the ones I've already.

I detract from the score not for spelling errors, unless they confuse me or destroy my train of thought, but I'll only give a score of '1' if the story contains an error like 'She starred into his deep blue eyes' or 'He put his strong arms around her waste' - even if English is not my native tongue, I can't abide things like that.

I try to give positive comments as my thank you to the authors for their work, and if I don't like the story, I'll just keep my mouth shut and my fingers off the keyboard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Right On dirtyjoe

Right on Dirtyjoe!!

Problem is, you'll never stop people that leave negative comments. They have their problems, and are totally fucked up. I love your's and other's stories....and I read them to off..period!! This is'nt "Literature 101", lol.

Fact remains...WHY DO THEY EVEN COME TO A SITE LIKE THIS??

Hmmm, must be to get off in their own twisted way.

Thanks, Loverotica100

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

You hit it right on the head. I havent written any stories but I do enjoy reading them. If I dont like the subject I ignore the story. Thank you and all the others for taking the time and making the effort to entertain us. Ricky

eightballbumeightballbumover 17 years ago
Good Story

You hit the nail on the head with the "Loving Wifes" catagory. I myself have been flamed (probably by the same jerk) and found it humorus as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thanx to our Great President & Moral Majority!

HDK and one other commentors --- from opposite ends --- said it all:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good subject.

09/16/06 by Harddaysknight

If readers don't like the topic they can skip the story. That is true. However, if comments are disturbing to the writer, he/she can turn them off. Readers have the right to say what they think, at least when the author allows comments. Writers need readers. Readers need writers. All comments demonstrate the reader felt some emotion, which is one of the writer's primary goals. Accept all comments and enjoy the opportunity to learn immediately what readers think of your story. This internet thing is working well. Thank you, Al Gore!

+++++++++++++++++

Amazing Bazz, how sweet the-e-e-e sound

09/16/06 by UsualPornFreak

You amaze me. U sir, are an educated person, obviously, judging from your claim and the fluency of your long ass comment, (plus you got words like vitriolic, nonsensical etc, in your vocab).

And yet you cant uderstand why your Zebra series is very insulting???? And why many people are pissed at you, WWW, LodRamsy and Spectator 1??? C'mon, be honest. You're writing with the intention of pissing people off (at least, I hope so, otherwise you are very naive and very racist).

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well Really

For a bunch of semi-literate folks and some that aren't this site is the best one for a number reasons.

The goodest riters aren't hear by accident, they are here because it's the best gig in the world - kind of like Peoria - if you can make it here then you can make it anywhere - well maybe but it is a very good start.

The owners and management of this site are very intelligent savy stratagists who try to balance writer and readers in their use of Free Speech. It aint perfect but it is close and much better than any of the others. Also, the interactions live'ns up the party.

Best of all, they provide the garden with cameras and anonymities for the new or old writer to strut their stuff and be allowed to be shaped by the only meaningful force the written word has - the reader customers.

Can one exist without the other in this world? No. But that doesn't give either the right to feel without some boundry. The site owners recognise this by not allowing under 18 or beastiality and reserve the right to do other ownership things deemed to be in the interest of the site.

They bestow on the writers a choice of public, direct or no comments, plus score or no score.

They ask the readership customers "who pay for this site" (WHAT - they pay? Well - do you really think the vast number of writers and site staff encourage the advertisers to buy space and pay the overhead - cmon this is a worldwide readership that drives advertiser site interest).

Anyway the readers are asked ("asked") by the site ownership to tell them if they liked or disliked and why then follow up with a score indicating favor and degree or not. Of course one may do either or both or neither (each reader hit indicates site viewer interest to potential advertisers).

So are the readers more important or is it the old egg before the cart scenario. You know it doesn't matter as we all win or lose or come out even as long as there is interest by each to play.

A nice by-product for writers is to grow by constructive comments either public or private. Each can have merit and each may or may not have a silly name or be anonymous name neither of which isn't as relevant as some writers or commentors vent about.

So folks - this is a free speech arena which serves multiple interests and burdons some writers and readers for good and bad reasons which they know before they publish or post. There aren't many surprises here except for the new uninitiated of either and they learn fast. And thats good or can be good.

There is no more right on one side or the other as consequences befall each in the extreme.

So writer, while I disagree with your writer position and disposition, I am glad you brought it up at this worldwide dinner table for the extended family to contemplate, comment upon or just ignore - freely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Editors would help

Commercial publishing companies do not take an authors work and put it in print. They edit it and authors know they do. Publishing carelessly produced material would put the publisher out of business.

Literotica doesn't have that problem but authors should find their own editors. Guidance is not an insult. Lack of it is an insult to the reader and the author that does not get help should expect trashing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
It goes BOTH ways author

what a bunch of shit... truly a STUPID essay by the author. So I guess Only positive comments are wanted. My posts many be strong and biting but I always tell ya what I like and dont like about the story

The author takes up the ol refrain .."If you dont like the category dont read it..."

How about this you clown? if you issue shit dont expect folks to like it.

Look some of dityJoes' points are valid... but I have I have just as many points to make to counter that ...

First I never EVER post anonymously. Never have.

second the category SHOULD be split up... into Naughty wives and cheating wives...

Third if you tell a LVCING WIVES story that is Not one of those "I get off watching my wife fuck the NY mets baseball team"... dont insult the intelligence of the reader

HILDY is a awful story b/c the husband almost dies b/c of the wifes CRIMINAL action that it is never dealt with or even mentioned

HOUSE OF CARDS is a Bad story.... b/c the wife Intimate AND sexual affair of over 8 months... then asserts she would end it when/ if her Husband found out... and when he did she kepot fucking the other guy. The autjor develops a fictious affair for the husband ... that later turns out to be real... and the wife ( and the readers) get diverted by the Hsuabnd actions and the Key ISSUE is never talked about

TIES THAT BIND is a wretchedly bad story b/c the wife again almost kills the hubby for No reason and he forgives her....

THE FALL AND RISE OR BRINKMAN is a fucking joke b/c the wife goes out of her way to destroy her own husband and he says in the end --- no big deal. I was in trouble and my wife thought I was so crazy that she was plotting behind my back

there are numoeus stories that feature inexcusable actions and idiot therapists that can ONLY draw a reaction

dirtyjoe69dirtyjoe69over 17 years agoAuthor
Letter from the author

God I love stirring shit up....LMFAO

boy some of you totally missed the point.......I don't care what people read. But if you get angry over it and kept reading it then that makes you the fucking clown...CLOWN! Next time actually read the essay before you make a stupid comment like you did...also I didn't talk about the people who actually had the guts to leave their names...my comment was about those chicken shits who leave hateful comments that are not critics but just slams at the author's choice of story...if you care to rip on my grammar or style or spelling...I am cool with that. Never said i was fucking Edgar Allen Poe...But to personally rip on someone because you disagree or dislike the material just shows your true self!!

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIover 17 years ago
Mr. "Well Really" Is Right

The business savvy owners of this site made a calculated decision to strike a "balance" in terms of providing for everyone a bit of what they want:

Readers are able to posts impulsive comments, when they see shitty things (naturally shitty things or things they don't like and so it must be shitty, it makes no difference!), IF the authors allow that to happen.

Authors also take their own calculated risk and allow NEITHER private nor public comments, including votes, because many of the readers will simply say nasty things about their brilliant stories!

(The "calculated risk" is that if you don't think readers are allowed to vent their needs, wants, frustration along with praises, they will think you are NOT worth reading and don't read much of what you have to write about!)

Believe it or not, WE THE READERS help pay for the maintenance of THIS SITE, by our purchasing its products, IN ADDITION to getting what we sometimes think as "free" stories! Again, the owners of the site are smart enough to know they have a good business going here: they provide some decent enough visual stuff, allow NO pop-up ads in the story areas, except for a few stationary ones. That says something: that they need their readership to help pay for the running of the site, which is huge in terms of storage and therefore cost; but that they also recognize that the readership --- which also help them pay the cost --- must not be inundated with pop-up ads.

The owners already know, through years of trial and error, that many frustrated readers will click on the porn sites and order other products! ;o)

I mean, really, if they stupid stories get too stupid, you might as well just SIT AND WATCH IT ON DVD,,,, why bother to actively read all the stupid words and attempts at descriptions, right?, when you can just sit, masturbate to some product already well made, well edited, etc., like it is in BLACKS ON BLONEDS, etc., right? that takes NO effort or energy at all!

Point is, authors can write as lame as they want --- and think they are among the greatest story tellers, right next to Shakespeare --- but we readers can also be as bitchy as we want, thinking we are Voltaire!

We get to vent; Literotica gets to profit; you writers get to post your story for the entire world to see --- and to read, if YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH --- and hopefull gets to hone and sharpen your writing and story-telling ability,,, Of course, similar to what you say about readers not reading things they don't like, YOU AUTHORS too could turn off the various comment parameters and don't give one wonder as to whether your stories are read or read much; you can just simply tell yourself you are among the most gifted writers!

DG HearDG Hearover 17 years ago
Good Post Mr.69

This was a good essay Mr. Joe. I've had my share of comments from boths sides of the tracks. What I don't understand is if you give the story a lousy score because you didn't like the ending. All of life isn't a bed of roses. Judge a story by how well it kept you entertined. I try to write a lot about life and it's reality, sometimes you get the elevator sometimes only the shaft. Anyway Mr. Joe Excellent essay.

DG Hear

xbowxbowover 17 years ago
Good review

A good writer will welcome both positive and negative comments ABOUT THEIR STORIES.

Positive comments ABOUT THEIR STORIES tell them what they have done well.

Negative comments ABOUT THEIR STORIES tells them where they can improve.

(Of course it helps if the negative comments that are more than 'this story sucks')

Comments like

'Please put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.'

'You are a sick son of a bitch and I hope you drop dead.'

etc. don't help the author or anyone else.

This site wouldn't work without both authors and readers but personal attacks leads to authors choosing not to post their stories.

I strongly believe in free speech but I despise these personal attack comments even when they are aimed at the authors of stories I disliked.

Please note that I criticized a lot of the comments left by people, usually anonymously, without attacking the people who left them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
MAINLY BECAUSE

The idiots have the brains of a RUTABAGA. Oops, didn't mean to denegrate our vegetable friends. Loving wives, and also anything to do with PISS or SHIT.

"My gawd, how ken yew right such filth, yeu am all gonna go to hell."

"I specially din like the ending."

I suppose that that is the reason the read it--twice.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
I can't resist this one.

Response:

1. The author is not getting paid for this.

Hmm. So that entitles you to use shitty English, poor sentence construction, faulty logic full of holes that are so huge I can drive semi-truckk through sideways, and basically piss peple off?

2. The author owes the reader nothing

Well, then the opposite is as true so what are you bitching about?

3. The author is just writing for the joy of writing

Having read your work I am glad somebody enjoys it. Although i can't imagine anyone with an IQ over 13 who would.

4. The author is giving the reader everything the reader gives the author nothing

No, you give me and several other discerning readers a fucking headache.

5. The author has put forth his/her effort for you

But not a best effort or even a worthwhile one. Again, so what are you busting chops about? Acceot your scores and move on you big crybaby.

6. There is a reason things are in categories

Yeah, maybe you ought to try posting to the correct ones sometime.

7. IF THE CATEGORY UPSETS YOU DON'T FUCKING READ IT!!!

It isn't catagory that upsets me, douchbag. It is some of the assholes who post to it. :-)

Cheers! Have a great day!

C

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
Oh, I forgot...

They leave negative comments because your writing is shitty. You can always turn the comments off. :-)

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Use The Force

I agree with Chagrined: if negative comments offend your sensibilities, turn them off.

I write for a pay site. If you think they accept stories that aren't written for their readers, you'd better think again. The editors there will tell you up front that if their readers won't like it, it will be rejected.

Insofar as grammatical blunders, typographical errors, poor sentence construction and faulty paragraph assembly are concerned, these are evidence of shoddy workmanship. My editors don't tolerate it and I automatically give poor marks to any story where the author could not be troubled to proofread their own writing. As far as I'm concerned, it means that they didn't care enough about their own story to do a proper job of writing it. If the author doesn't care about their story, why should I?

I don't flame authors when their submissions offend my sensibilities because it's a waste of my time. Their minds are already made up so why would I waste keystrokes attempting to change their belief system? I do comment on poor authorship and I don't pull my punches. If you suck at writing, I'll say so.

ffemt53ffemt53over 17 years ago
LEAVING COMMENTS

I agree with the author about leaving "hate" comments. To many people leave threating comment (I hope you die, You should put a gun to your head, etc...).

These are the type of comments that are unwarranted. These people should just not leave a comment at all. Maybe Literotica should make everyone sign in to leave a comment.

I also, agree with the author that if the subject that you are reading offends you or “doesn’t get your rocks off” then don’t read it.

I do agree with editors. This site has a ton of volunteer editors that will help an author with his/her story but many of the authors do not use them. Why? Also, don't these authors have spell check?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
My comment

dirtyjoe:

If you could "give two shits," then why write this? I had hoped that someone has chosen to address what has become an epidemic of unwarranted and incredibly ignorant comments, but your essay isn't the one I had hoped to read.

You being one who writes stories here, I can appreciate your relating the "author's" point of view. I, as a reader, have a different take on the points that you have made. The "author" may not be paid monetarily, but something within him/her is being satisfied by the penning of a story. It might be the 'strokes' that some "authors" receive; it might be the turmoil the "author" intended to generate; it might be to simply become better at putting pen to paper. There is some reward sought when one writes for others.

The "author" does owe the reader something. He owes the reader an honest effort; he owes the reader his best at the time he/she writes. Not all best efforts are equal, but at least, the best at THAT time.

I don't believe all "authors" write for the joy of writing. Some recent submissions in the 'interracial' category, for example, I believe were written to foment discord. It would appear that some "authors" care not for high scores but just want to have the highest number of comments attached to their stories.

If, as you stated, the reader gives nothing to the "author," then why submit a story? If you are driven to put your thoughts on paper, there is no need to forward them to this site if having readers wasn't important to you. I believe every "author" here hurries to 'Feedback' section to see what reaction readers had to his/her story. I know I would.

You assumed a defensive position in how you wrote your article. The theme you put forth was "if you don't like it, don't read it." That's not particular to you. Many of the comments posted to some stories are similar in nature. Why would I read something I do not or might possibly not like...because I can. I have experienced some stories I was sure not to like very enjoyable. I'll read anything by 'Dr. Mabeuse.' That man can truly write. Likewise, I've found to be very unsatisfactory some stories I was sure to enjoy, especially by "authors" for whom I have respect and admiration. Is there some rule here that dictates what I can and cannot read?

In your stringent defense of "authors," you must be aware that some of them are the biggest perpetrators of the hateful comments. There is one in particular who, in his comments regarding another's story, will call rascist, etc. anyone who might disagree with that other "author's" POV.

From the readers' POV, I have to tell you that it galls me and insults me when an "author's" story is nothing more than a compilation of absurd stereotypes. Some are so blatant, that, to me, they are truly deserving of ridicule and scorn. In a recent story I read, a woman's breasts were described as "cock virgins." I found that laughable, but I also found it disturbing. Could something so utterly absurd seem purient to the one who penned it?

Your belief is misguided that it's readers' experiences as to why there is so much turbulence in the 'Loving Wives" category. And your reasoning as to why is ridiculous. The category, as it now exists, is simply too broad. Too many different tastes are being channeled into too narrow a heading. And for some, the mixture of those tastes is akin to mixing oil and water. It certainly sparks debate which unfortunately here soon descends into an exhibition of ignorance and bigotry. And I assume your reference that folks look into the mirror for the source of their problems included you as well.

dirtyjoe, I have to thank you for bringing this before all of us. I will agree that there are many comments directed to "authors" that are way out of bounds. It would seem that there are many readers who do not have lives beyond this site. But I wish you had really intended to write a piece that would have provoked thought and engendered some sanity. However, your last sentiment as expressed in your article summed up to me how seriously you took what you wrote...LMAO. What a shame.

Philip

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a general comment on why

I THINK THERE ARE SO MANY MORE NEGATIVE COMMENTS (not the mean ones) BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE CANNOT WRITE A CONVINCING STORY...ITS JUST THE LAW OF AVERAGES...IF EVERYONE THAT SUBMITS A STORY WAS GOOD AT IT,THEN BEST SELLERS WOULD ONLY BE WORTH A DIME....

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Hypocrites

The funny thing is, a recent Revenge-story author posted a revenge on a cheating wife story, then quickly deleted the comments because he can't take being flamed. Hypocrites..

And you noticed that Incest stories never get flamed? I'm not advocating it, but it seems to me these bible thumpers that talks about the immorality of cheating seems to be okay with incest....freaky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You have a point, but......

You have a point, but you are missing the larger point.

I'll agree that people who patently dislike a given category (e.g., Loving Wives) should not be rendering their opinions on the content of the stories.

On the other hand, many "negative comments" are directed more toward writing flaws which, if corrected (preferably in advance of posting), would make any given story better to read. (Indeed, there are a few such flaws in this essay.)

It may amaze and astound you, but there are those of us readers out here who make negative comments because we passed high school English and can recognize pathetic writing when we see it. It's one thing to zip off a story and post it; but that's called a rough draft. It's entirely different to write something, engage a friend to edit it, or at least to wait a few days and then go back over the work to see if there a flaws which could be corrected. For those who will accept it, that's called constructive criticism.

-- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The comments add to the story!

I do go back and reread some of my favorite submissions or reread something else after reading a new submission.

But I also tend to keep a story that I've enjoyed(or have found it to be exceptionally bad or controversial) open long after I've finished it. I do this just so that I can refresh the comments periodically and see the feedback.

Sometimes I see a viewpoint that I wouldn't consider, or something embedded in the story that I missed. But most often it's just plain entertaining to read the comments.

I do leave comments, and most of the time they are anonymous. If they aren't they are with an id that I get from websites that provide them. So they may just as well be anonomymous.

Regarding why read it you don't like the category; I prefer to think of it as why read the story rather than the category. Since I don't know whether I will like a story without starting it; I will read it. If I don't like the plot(or lack of) I will stop. However, if the author is one that I'm familiar with in the past and haven't enjoyed I may STILL READ IT. Just to see if their writing has improved(in my opinion), stayed the same, or regressed.

For example many of Just Plain Bobs stories in my mind fall into two or three basic stories. Since he began leaving comments turned on I tend to read more of his work. Not because the stories aren't a formula(again in my mind); but because the comments are what is entertaining to me.

widespreadinterestswidespreadinterestsover 17 years ago
Yep, have to agree that you aren't the most

polished of writers. But I do think you make a valid point when you say that people who find the topic of a particular category distasteful should simply not read that category. I feel that way about incest, and the only time I will complain to a writer about finding incest in a story is if that story is submitted under another category. Writing is work, and takes time. If you are willing to take that time and effort, and have the guts to post your work publicly, I say good for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Writers and Trolls

Writing a story requires imagination and effort. Being a troll requires neither. As you say, is they don't enjoy a certain type of story - why do they bother to read it at all? Except to read one paragraph and say "it sucks".

UsualPornFreakUsualPornFreakover 17 years ago
The problem is with asshole writers

This is not directed at dirtyjoe. I have read your essays but I dont usually read your stories coz they are in categories that do not interest me. I have just had another one of those experiences where I feel red, heated anger at the writer.

The story is from some asshole who calls himself ceemo. It is labelled IR, right. However, the story is actually a BDSM story, about the step by step debasement and dehumanisation of a blonde girl. Now, if that story had been in BDSM where it belongs, I would never have read it. However, that asshole made the bad guy black & posts it as an IR story. He starts it off as a normal love story. I get to page two, I am like, WTF fuck is going on here. By the time I end page two, I am almost vommitting. So I am very pissed off. I have just been bamboozled by that asshole. So, I sent him a comment which expresses my anger and disgust at him as a person.

There is another guy, who wrote this story, "The Mechanic's big tool." he posts it in Loving WIves. Yet that story contains gay sex, incest, and the bloody rape of an 18 year old daughter in front of her father. Many readers were pissed with him. Is that surprise?

I think things would be much easier for everyone if people just stuck to the right category, or at least warned readers, "my story contains MM or BDSM or Racist Portrayal of Blacks." But the writers do not do that coz they know many people wont read farther. Some writers are really dickheads and assholes and they deserve the insults they get. Fuck them sons of bitches.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Yes, blame the writers

To the last commentor... Apparently a story qualifies as racist if it shows a person of color in any role other than the super stud. It's alright when white guys are shown as sniveling twerps who jack off at the sight of their wives getting screwed by a brother, and there are literotically thousands of those stories here. If you insist on standards, make it a level playing field.

Why you chose to vent over this poor guys essay, I do not know. Have a beef with the placement of a story? Complain to management. There are times when stories are put in categories by them without the knowledge of the writer. Whether that is the case in the stories you cite, I don't know.

Clowns like you are the reason that fewer and fewer writers are allowing public comment on their work. Don't like the writing here? Ask for your money back!

UsualPornFreakUsualPornFreakover 17 years ago
Last commentator, anon, its not a racist site

I find it shit and stupid when some asshole writes a racist story, whther its a white guy, or black guy or whatever.

The majority of people come on this site to read erotic and porn stories do too. What is erotic about racism or reverse racism?

Are you a sicko or an asshole or both? Well, you also have a right to exist. Its a free country. But it still doesnt change the fact that when you mislead readers or provoke readers, they will send you insults, like, eat shit, asshole, or retard, or dont quit your daytime job... (which I have read many times)

SalamisSalamisover 17 years ago
Free Speech at its best

This topic has been discussed before and will likely be discussed again. Its very appearance is encouraging. That you have penned your thoughts in this opinion piece is a reflection of the health of this forum, and of free speech in general.

I abhor the crass, rude, vile and hateful public comments and private emails that my few stories have inspired. Yet while I hate the content, I have to stand with commentators on their right to be rude. It was I as an author who solicited their unconditional responses in the first place.

I was, and am, primarily a reader of erotica, though I write occasionally. From what I can glean, most of the readers reside in largely democratic societies. I live in the U.S, but whether you reside in Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, or the world’s largest democracy, India, we all have our traditions of free speech. Unfortunately (or fortunately), free speech as nothing to do with courtesy.

As an author, I can abridge the readers’ ability to comment on my story. I can turn off public voting and edit the comments that are displayed to others. I can shut off access to my email. Quite a few authors have chosen these tactics. I choose to encourage comments on my stories, so that means I must accept the good with the bad.

I find that often the comments trailing a story yield more pleasure in the reading than the story itself. In the Loving Wives category, some readers will write a rather lengthy essay on the logic or psychological makeup of the characters. I have found them quite helpful in constructing a better story. Frankly, that is one of the reasons I write stories in that category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Is it criticism or hate mongering?

I find myself agreeing with the author. If you don't like the premise of the category, i.e. incest or interracial, then don't read the story. I must also agree that occasionally a story is placed in the wrong category. Ooops. In that case, when you find that the story is mislabeled...stop reading. Go on to something else.

I prefer a few of the categories and have posted in those that fit my writing. The most disturbing thing I find in some stories is the lack of proper spelling and grammar...or just the fact that the story sounds like something a nine year old would write...if he/she were precocious enough to understand sex.

All I can say is keep on writing, dirtyjoe...and perhaps the naysayers and critics will learn the gentle art of constructive criticism.

tipofyourtonguetipofyourtongueover 17 years ago
The bold and verbose are endearing to me

Opinions are like assholes... I'm sure you're well aware of the rest of that sentiment. Personally, the taboo thrills me. I keep myself open to all sexual possibilities, even those I wouldn't engage in myself. Just because I'm not into bloodplay or cheating or rape, doesn't mean I won't occasionally have my fantasies.

You say you don't write for the masses, and I applaud that. What better reward than to know you've created a fantasy. Someone, somewhere is furiously fucking themselves into oblivion because of what you penned. There's power in that. So the critics have been disturbed? Reviled? Offended, even? Good. Because even they can't take their eyes off you.

And so we write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
right on the money!!

dude...you are so right!!! if you don't like a certain genre of a story..then don't read it! never really thought that was a hard concept to grasp!

it is true that some stories are misplaced and it is annoying when it turns out to be a subject you don't like but thats no reason to trash the writer!

see...it goes like this....we all have different tastes and fantasys and fetishes. you read what you like...you don't read what you dont like.

dirtyjoe...i don't like all your stories but i do like enough of them to beg for more..lol! write on dude!

nick

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Learn from this!

The composer Max Reger once read a vicious and personal attack in a newspaper about the first performance of one of his works. He wrote to the Editor: Dear Sir, I am sitting in the smallest room in our house. Your review is in front of me; in a moment, it will be behind me.

Keep going, friend, and thanks for the entertainment and pleasure you writers provide for us less creative types.

Freddy

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree!

What you've said is true - there is such a thing as 'constructive criticism' and it should be used here. The one thing that will demand a negative comment is for an author to purposely submit a story in what it obviously the wrong category. For example, a story containing gay content in the 'erotic' or 'loving wives' category.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Asked and answered

I will give credit where credit is due; for so much public exchange, you had to be doing something right!

As I could not summon the energy and patience to go over all the comments, I will have to resort to my own thoughts (for what ever they are worth).

I hope that by now you realized that in your essay you answered your own initial query as to the reason why people attack etc. You did it both directly, in speculating about peoples’ personal history and elsewhere about venting (reasonable speculations IMO; could be endless others though). And you did it demonstratively when you created this projected "reader", then you went on to attack him/her for who that “reader" is what his/her lifestyle and why they read. And you make a lot of assumptions. I guess reflexive attacks from both sides point to our vulnerability when we are exposed to ideas or feelings that we find offensive or disagreeable beyond a certain degree. Then we summon our best tools to deal with it. We could start with an effort to deal with the hurt with a rational discussion, than we may get carried away to attack persons or imagined group of people. We may garnish it with a juicy curse here and there. Welcome to the world of the rest of us! You did exactly what you decried in your readers! But that’s ok There is always tomorrow and we can all improve. Become more tolerant more humble in assuming that we know what the reader (or anyone else) thinks or wants.

Last but not least, we all need each other. Come on, man you know that. You want – No, you have a need to be read. Readers have some need to read. Writers and readers alike can always unite in trying to improve and learn from each other’s best parts. We can try to pull the rest towards tolerance, mostly by demonstrating tolerance and respect, rather than disrespect and intolerance. Great discussion opportunity.

sherlock40sherlock40over 17 years ago
Contrary to some peoples beliefs, there are

several stories in the LW category that contain, *gasp* actual loving wives. I know that comes as a complete surprise to some of the readers (and authors apparently). To use part of your example of tuna fish, suppose you were allergic to all tuna but one brand? That one brand was tasty and very satisfying. All the others caused you to vomit uncontrollably. But it didn't happen until you had already eaten some or all of the can. No imagine that there were hundreds of unlabeled cans of tuna and the only way to discover the one tuna you love is to open and eat from each can. Yeah, you have to wade through a lot of vomit and crap, but those things pale when you come across that one great tuna that you enjoy so much.

Eventually you will recognize the can style (the author) and realize that their can is full of vomitous crap and avoid them like the plague. Unless your insane (you know who you are), you will continue the search for that perfect can of tuna.

So I will keep looking for those great stories and keep leaving comments on stories that delight or disgust me. When I discover an author that disgusts me, I avoid them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
He doth protest too much, methinks

The author comes across as less than truthful when he writes, "Personally I enjoy the attacks and the zero ratings that some of you give me." If that were the case, he wouldn't feel compelled to post his little rant.

Other posters have done a good job addressing the rest of the points, so I'll just pass on to the author his own advice: IF THE COMMENT UPSETS YOU DON'T FUCKING READ IT!

That advice makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Best (and funniest) Tuna Analysis!

To the point and funny as can be was the comment by sherlock40, aka “the Tuna analysis”! Followed by the Shakespeare Allusion by Anon. poster, who knows what we shall read next?

Man, you bring the best in us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
comments

It's true...i love the anonymous comments from cowards who are negative and won't even give a name to respond to...face it people can be hateful, and have nothing else to do except criticize people who try, laugh, and enjoy life...good commentary

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
For Real?

Happened on this by accident. Frankly kind of jaw-dropping that so much time and efffort is expended on nothing..and then to comment about the comments on it. Truly, get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
way to go

cant agree with you more,this is for intertainment only.

Ilike it when the husband gets even but some of the get back togethers come across very good also.

keep up the good work and I will keep reading your efforts.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Right On

Yeah, Hell Yeah! If somebody doesn't like a cetain kind of story, Eff Em!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Are You Kidding?

Your inattention to the simplest rules of grammar and punctuation in this article show me why you get horrible reviews. I suspect I may have glanced at some of your stories in the past, read the first couple of paragraphs, and then skipped all the way to the end to give you a zero and a caustic review. I expect a writer on this site who has English as their first language to have some degree of literacy. Frankly, based on this article, you don’t come anywhere near meeting that criterion. That’s very sad.

Further, I gather you include things in your stories many people don’t like and they downgrade you because of that. So? Exactly why do writers have the right to put that in stories…but readers don’t have the right to object? The answer is, of course, readers have the right to give you bad marks based on any standard they deem applicable…and you can’t stop them!

Look, bub, if you can’t figure out how to construct a story that readers can “buy,” you better expect reviews that slam you. Live with it! In addition, for God’s sake, get a book on grammar and punctuation. You’re embarrassing yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Becuase they are seuxally frustrated

People leave negative comments because they are sexually frustrated. Why else would they be reading stories on the net?

I have tried to submit stories for years and each time it comes back for "punctation"

That is the only reason my stories are rejected.

I am presuming that my submissions are black listed now because I have pointed a few things out.

I think the owners of Literotica need to get new editors to review the stories.

They are no longer being helpful but hurtful.

But hey that is just my opinion.

Dr_KnowDr_Knowalmost 17 years ago
Do away with Mr. or Ms. Anonymous Feedbacks

I concur with the author's views of people who leave negative, hurtful, and sometimes meaningless, trival spelling error or grammatical floggings to the Lit authors.

And most of these people do so under the name of 'anonymous'. Literotica should do away with the ability for someone to leave comments under the 'anonymous' name.

If you have something to say, or bitch about, have enough guts to do so under your ownname. Stop hiding behind a secret identity!

I personally don't give a rat's ass about positive or negative comments from any Mr. or Ms. 'Anonymous'.

No name, no credence.

This feedback form makes it too easy for someone to blast the authors. Remove the darned button on this form for 'Anonymous Comment!'

Is it possible that these people just wish to make the authors lives as miserable as Mr or Ms Anonymous's own crappy life?

What gives anyone who has never produced one published sentence, much less a whole story, the right to rag on our stories' structure, pace, readability, or characters?

Now, don't take me wrong. I will take negative critism. Just be man or woman enough to put your namwe on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I just wonder

Where are all those Mr. Anonymous when it's a story about a male beeing unfaithfull? Doesen't "he" deserve to be shot or drowned etc.? What is the difference? Read a story today about a man beeing seduced by the new neighbor - and all the comments was " good hunting" "wish I had a neighbor like that" and so on ... Don't we have equal rights? - apparantly not! - and to another commentator: I am Danish, English is not even my second language!!! Not everyone here is american .....................

oriondogoriondogalmost 16 years ago
One of the best

things I read on this site. It never dawned on me to write something like this. I LOVED IT!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Too Much Time

Some folks have too much time on their hands. What they need to do is get their cock into their hands or their fingers into their cunts and enjoy the stories for their intended purpose. That is to have a wanking good time. Theses stories are fantasy, some extremely kinky, dirty, nasty dumb and who would do that?

The grammar, spelling and sentence structure is many times bad, definately not worthy of much more than a D in composition class, but these stories are written for the sexual amusement and arousal of the author and hopefully the reader. Not a fucking English teacher or literary critic.

lottyboolottybooalmost 15 years ago
People love to be offended!

When I read a story on here, if I don't like the subject I flick away. I don't skip to the end and write loads of mean-ass comments.

You can't please everyone all of the time! Some of the stories I find really horny, someone else will hate, OBVIOUSLY!

There's a difference when it comes to constructive critisism, something that you can feed upon and use to improve. I think that people who leave these 'anonymous' feedbacks clearly DO NOT write themselves!

The world will always have idiots who LOVE to read stuff that will offend them so they can have a good whine!

jlltecjlltecalmost 15 years ago
And the horse you rode in on....

And, it's like they take it so personal! My word, it's a story. It's porn, or erotica, a small difference. And by the way, who the hell cares what you think you trailer park white trash. (did i really write that? No, I just thought it! thank goodness.)

So please, if it hurts to bang your head against the wall stop. If sticking that toothpick from your gapped teeth into your eye hurts, then stop.

If you don't like the story, don't read it. If fact, don't read any of them. Try writing one you large knuckle dragging caveman. See if you can do better. I'll send you some crayons.

I think I agree with the author on this one. And thanks for listening.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
i get it already :)

shite you made me cackle with this article fair smack in the middle of some erotic stuff

LOL!!! good on you mate/ or woman as the case MAY be

and i heartily agree with you

i would say to you too, as a sometimes author myself, take it easy too on yourrr self.

arent folks just cranky!!? they love to make out that they arent into things. i mean, they are just stories right? fantasy. you dont have to go and do this stuff. there is no gun at your head. its just words on a page. thats the joy of writing eh. you can write things that happen however outrageous you like and its just in your head. (or on paper)

so folks, if you dont like it, like he said, go. in fact why are you looking on this site in the first place. go check out knitting or how to build a pergola. boringggg

:)

0ra11yfix8ed0ra11yfix8edover 14 years ago
WOW!!!

As much as I appreciate the sentiments of the author I like the numerous and varied comments even more! Too evoke such heartfelt reaction is to be envied! If I might be so bold, please readers, take the time to vote if you read the entire offering. Comment when the story moves you either positively or negatively, be specific, be constructive and don't be annonymous! You might make a friend!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
This article is the least erotic prose you've written in ages

Why did you even bother? I didn't come even once while reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
.

I post this anonymously because I get tired of assholes sending me comments via my "page" to tell me I'm an asshole. These are the babies who say us anons are idiots for posting anonymously. Once you post with your username, you get hammered for being a critic.... even when it's constructive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could it be

that so many who pathetically believe they are writers or authors are so inept that those of us are of the opinion these individuals must be made to accept the reality that they are neither a writer or author. Others who could be are simply too lazy or too arrogant to proofread what appears on the screen or at least have someone with sufficient proficient in wording, grammar and spelling to do so.

When one fits into one of these categories, then that individual is in effect seeking criticism. Readers do not expect professional level work, but readers do expect some level of effort to provide a story that does not require the reader to stop reading and attempt to sort out the intended meaning of words or sentences?

Somewhere on this site (I'm not wasting my time to find it) someone has put together a list of many words with the same or similar pronunciation or words that are many times used improperly (quick examples: your/you're, then/than, here/hear).

Another point, why do so many refer to dropping something on the ground while inside a building?

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

0ra11yfix8edover 11 years ago

WOW!!!

As much as I appreciate the sentiments of the author I like the numerous and varied comments even more! Too evoke such heartfelt reaction is to be envied! If I might be so bold, please readers, take the time to vote if you read the entire offering. Comment when the story moves you either positively or negatively, be specific, be constructive and don't be anonymous! You might make a friend!"""" AMEN AND KEEP VOTING FOR THE AUTHORS>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I agree. If a person reads a submission, they should vote.

This is the payment a reader gives an Author for their efforts.

I have to post as Anonymous because Literotica won’t let me sign into my account. I have given up on fixing the issue.

Munchie184

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous