All Comments on 'Leaving the Gym Ch. 01'

by monologic

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved it.

Great Story, please keep it going.

greybishopgreybishopalmost 4 years ago
Well Written But A Big Slip In Quality IMO

I rather liked the author's "A Dawning" (which I gave five stars) and thought her "Measured" was pretty good too (a four star read in my book.) But despite being well written, this one only got three stars from me and here's why:

1. The protagonist's focus on her bodily fluids (and to a lesser extent her body odor) seems to be progressing from an interesting kink or fetish into a repetitive obsession. Don't get me wrong if that floats your boat (or the author's) more power to you, but reading unrelated vignettes about this during the opening of this installment got old fast for me. It probably wouldn't hurt to tag this one with "bodily fluids" or something similar as well (or just create that tag) given how much of the story revolves around it.

2. Suspension of belief is also being strained hard. I realize these are just fantasies; i.e. as has been pointed out, the behavior of the doctor and nurse in "A Dawning" was wildly unethical. But we all know not every medical professional is a paragon of virtue and so are willing to forgive lapses like this in erotica. But this story really stretches things IMO. The protagonist is a single working mother who seems to have no problem running around town (at Target, and the restaurant with her date, and at the gym in front of multiple people) acting wildly inappropriate and with no regard for the possible consequences, in this day and age of every phone having a camera? Don't get me wrong I'm not into "slut shaming," but the idea of her not caring about this and getting away with it over and over again with no personal or professional consequences pushes this into pure "fantasyland/wish fulfillment" territory for me, right up there with mind control stories and whatnot.

I'll probably give this author's next story a peek, but if it continues to be more of the same, I'll be moving on. Three stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermonologic@monologic
The taste of love is sweet..when hearts like ours meet I fell for you like a child..oh, but the fire went wild

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES