All Comments on 'Lebanon Hostage Ch. 02'

by talestitcher

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really Love this

I just love everything about this story your an amazing writer , you have captured this whole captured , prisoner , almost Stockholm syndrome thing with Jeremy I cannot wait for your next chapter

SumacandIvySumacandIvyover 10 years ago
Compelling

Well written and compelling. This chapter pulled me in and held me hostage from start to finish. How will you top this?

canndcanndover 10 years ago

This has been compelling and fascinating from the beginning. I find myself strangely having this slightly pos. feeling for the Makmald and the kindness he shows, along with that young boy who talked to him one day. I'd be a real Stockholm Syndrome candidate pretty quickly huh. You really bring the reader along on this ride to insanity he is taking as the story moves forward. I try to picture throughout how it would be to be forced to survive this. I am really unsure if his will is weaker than some? Afterall, they aren't hurting him at least, well, except for that one asshole guard. How can he take any more of this in the state he is in? It seems he would totally go into his own mind and maybe not come out. I take it Alan will be entering the story next which will be surprising that they will give him a cagemate. The ending was a bit haunting. You kinda want to know if there is a chance Bernie was kidnapped, though I think the mission and the family would have seen him safely home or at least protected once he was kidnapped. I think he's just sinking closer to insanity. The Chief's patronizing 'you must pray' is annoying. I hope at some point we learn what it is they wanted of Bernie and then of him when they mistakenly took him. Is it just money from the family? I was surprised that when they said the whole country knew his name, he didn't take some comfort in that. Would the govn't get involved if they knew his plight and moreso if the nation knew it? I'm intrigued as to what his environment was that made him so fearful of being gay. Is it the religious voice of his uncle? Is it his town/area he lives in? Why was he not taught some tolerance in college? I look forward to seeing more of the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous