Lemon to Lemonade Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You took an awful chance!"

I nodded. "I know, but it was that, or pray you'd never find out. I couldn't take the chance. While there is a chance I'll lose you now, there would be no chance of keeping you if I hadn't arrange for you to talk to James. I figured that if anyone was going to lay down the facts straight, then it was him. Everyone else would have sugar coated what I had done."

I was dying inside wanting to know what Michael had decided. "If there's one thing I learnt out of my marriage to James, was that my deceit and disrespect were what ultimately brought our marriage down. Everything else was just a by-product of those two failings on my part."

I sat there like my seat was on fire. I wanted to get up run to him and then on bended knees plead with him not to leave me. At the same time, I wanted to turn away so I didn't have to look at the disgust that might, at any moment, erupt on to the features of his gorgeous face.

"So? Where does this leave us? I'm done with lying, done with manipulating for my benefit."

Michael frowned at the statement, so I clarified it for him, "Everyone manipulates someone, or thing at sometime in their life Mike, it's not bad until you do it for selfish reasons. You manipulated me the other night when you popped the question. You led me to believe that it was just another dinner out. It wasn't a selfish reason so it was more than acceptable."

Michael nodded his understanding without saying anything. "I have learned a painful lesson at the expense of one marriage to a wonderful man. Fate has chosen to give me a second bite at the cherry. I thought I knew what love was, it turns out I didn't! I was just in love with the idea of being in love! I had to make sure that the man I now truly love knows the unadulterated truth." I'm sure my heart had stopped as I waited for him to reply.

"James is a little on the stupid side you know!"

I nodded wanting to scream, wishing he would just come out with it, "Yeah, you might say that. He said the same about you, although if you saw his wife, you might have a different opinion."

"I saw a blonde there...and a red head. Which one's he planting?"

I smiled with a sly grin, "Both from what I hear, the blonde's name is Michelle and his wife, the redhead is Sarah, their good friend and play partner!" I leant back in my chair. "Doesn't look so stupid, now does he?"

Michael just laughed and I pressed him again. "I need to know where this leaves us Michael!"

"You haven't answered my question!"

"Yes I did! I told you why I sent you to James!"

"No, I don't mean that question. I want to know if you'll marry me."

I wouldn't have slammed my hip into the corner of the desk if I hadn't got up so fast while crying so hard. I threw myself into Michael's arms. "I want nothing more than to marry you Mike. I promise I will love you with all my heart, I'll never lie to you, and I won't disrespect you ever. I will worship the ground you walk on."

Michael held me off him and looked into my tear stained face. "That last bit isn't necessary, as long as you love me."

I hugged him again and wept tears of joy. I had finally dragged my sorry arse out of purgatory. I had paid for my sins and felt good for doing it.

~...~

Michael and I stood waiting for the door to open. Michael had told me little of today, just that James had rung him to make sure to have me over to see the cabinet and then a barbeque afterwards. He did say that there were people he wanted to introduce us to, but didn't elaborate. I was as nervous as if I was on my first date and Michael felt it. "Don't worry it's just a barbeque, not the Spanish Inquisition."

"That's easy for you to say. You haven't been on the receiving end of Michelle's acid tongue. She makes my mum's sound like maladroit vituperation. I still bear the mental scars of our last meeting."

Michael looked as though he wanted to ask me to repeat what I had just said as the door opened and I froze, like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. It felt like time had stopped right at that moment. "Kelly, Michael, so good of you to come...please...come on in. Michelle stepped aside and beckoned, looking as gorgeous as ever. I still couldn't get over just how tall and elegant this woman was. I felt dwarfed beside her and yes, still very intimidated.

As we walked through the lounge room, I stopped and gasped. There, taking up one whole wall was the china cabinet that James had told me about. Five thousand dollars was a bargain if I knew my furniture, which I did. Don't forget, I was once a shopping guru with Visa Card credentials.

Michelle's grinning face met me as I turned to her. "You like?"

I walked over and went to touch it, but hesitated, it was solid timber, not your crappy compressed woodchip imitation stuff. The leadlight glass panels set it off just right. "It's beautiful! I just love the woodcarving and it suites the room to perfection." I marvelled.

"It's exquisite, beautiful!" My plates were sitting centre stage, with the one of James and Michelle together arm in arm taking pride of place. It was a larger serving platter style plate, bigger than the rest. That plate was the one I thought of as my masterpiece. From there, flowing out either side and graduating smaller were ones of James and Michelle individually, and then on the bride's side was James, Michelle and my parents. On the other side beside James were the ones of his parents with the bridal couple and on the outer most sides were the ones of his best man and Michelle's bridesmaid. I was amazed and speechless.

"I want to thank you for the wedding present, I was truly touched when I finally found out it was yours. I think something from the heart is so much more valuable than anything you can pick up at the shops. It shows a lot of love and thought. I just love sitting here and looking at it. I sometimes feel a little guilty for what I said to you that day at the courthouse. We've been complimented so many times on it, and it frustrated us that we couldn't tell anyone who sent it."

I was wiping the moisture from my eyes. "Please don't feel that way Michelle, I deserved what you said and more, it certainly woke me up to just how stupid I was. I want to thank you for ripping my head out of my arse. You were right, it wasn't roses I was smelling. I didn't do this for any recognition at all. I did it because I felt I needed to and just hoped you would like it."

Michelle touched my shoulder gently. "Well you got your wish, but now this is out in the open, we'll be letting everyone know who sent it...all our friends have been intrigued by this mystery. Now everyone's out the back, come and I'll introduce you."

As we emerged out the back, a chorus of cheers broke out. "Congratulations!" There were whooping and hollering from all parts of the back yard. I stood gobsmacked. I really thought I wouldn't know anyone apart from James and Michelle. And I didn't really know her apart from our meeting at the courthouse and that was less than a stellar meeting, so to say this was a surprise was an understatement.

Michael grinned at me. "Well, you did want an engagement party. Well here it is."

I just stood there stunned, staring at Michaels smiling face, "Enga...what?"

"Engagement come debut party, if I have any say in it!" I spun to see James standing there with a big grin on his face. He walked over and gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. "Congratulations on landing the fish and welcome back from Hades."

I felt a hot flush of embarrassment. As I lowered my gaze, I could feel all eyes on me. I looked back over to Michael, worried what he may be thinking. I needn't have worried, his smile was still stretched across his face. "Thank you James, that means a lot to me!" I said sheepishly.

James shook Michael's hand. I still think you're an idiot as well for letting this minx trap you. Well maybe you'll be a better man then me in keeping her in line?"

Michael grinned. "Likewise James, I think you'd have to be a simpleton not to be able to understand this wonderful woman! However...in your defence I have to admit that you probably took the sting out of the scorpion's tail! "

I had so many emotions flooding my brain. I was feeling lightheaded and faint. I sat down and that's when everyone started to file past.

Both Michael and James wandered off to grab some drinks, now leaving me to wonder if I made a mistake in introducing them to each other. "I understand I have you to thank for a certain front door surprise I got from Kelly the oth...."Michael's voice faded as they walked off.

What happen to not bragging mates about their girlfriends? Then I realised that James would be the last person Michael would feel worried about. I can see James giving Michael the heads up when it comes to any slight disagreements we may be having in the future. Looks as though I won't be winning so many this time around, but hey, who cares, as long as we love one another, that's all that counts.

By the time Mum and dad came up to me...I had sneaking suspicion they may have been invited, Michael was back standing with a wine in one hand and a beer in the other. Both mum and dad gave me a hug, kiss, and congratulated us on our upcoming marriage. Dad admonished as he shook Michael's hand. "Don't you be making a habit of this Kelly! This is the last damn time I walk you down the aisle. You can pay a drunken monkey next time if you intend to go for a third wedding!" He winked at Michael with a smile on his face, showing us he was chiding me good-naturedly.

"I promise dad, this one's the last if I have anything to say about it!"

Mum winked at me and dragged dad away with an admonishment of her own. "If I hadn't gone for a third, I wouldn't have married your sorry ars...." Again their voices faded as my attention was brought back to more people wishing us well.

All my friends from work wanted to see my engagement ring, which I showed with great pride. I had no idea how all this was organised without me even having an inkling as to what was going on. Beverley winked at me and cackled her usual laughter. "First time I've seen you speechless without being down in the dumps my dear!"

I smiled in wonder. "Has everyone got an eye twitch today?" More laughter broke out. "Ohhh well, forgive me if I'm still trying to get past the fact that my Michael has seen fit to ask me to marry him." Then something came back to me. "Mike, you looked like you were going to ask me something at the front door, what was it?" Knowing full well what it was.

Michael scratched his head a little embarrassed and I had a sudden fright. He had looked sheepish at the front door when I said it and it looked as though I was big mouthing myself. Now I had put Michael on the spot and if he took it the wrong way then it could well make him feel slighted. He came out with it anyway, "What does 'maladroit vituperation' mean?"

I looked around at everyone and there wasn't one person amongst the crowd of well wishers who seemed to know what it meant. Just as I thought and I could see the relief on Michael's face to know he wasn't the only one not to know. I looked over to Beverley and she cackled as usual, but yet again she could read me like a book. "You have an ulterior motive for asking Kelly, I can see it in your eyes."

I smiled and nodded, "I didn't know what it meant either until you told me. I felt a fool for not knowing, although it's not a common expression. I let it slip at the front door and Mike had that same look that signalled that he felt the same, you're the crossword expert, so tell them all what it means!"

Everyone turned to Bev and waited; she smiled and shook her head. "So now you're embarrassing me, touché Kelly. Maladroit means, lacking in skill, awkward, tactless, clumsy, and Vituperation is verbal abuse, castigation, condemnation. Put together it signifies someone's inept ability to put someone down verbally. Bit like a college English Professor having a verbal slanging match with a neanderthal!"

Michael started to smile and I had to say it. "Whatever you do sweetheart, please don't tell mum I said it!" Michael burst out laughing and everyone just stood there wondering what the joke was about."

This awkward situation was defused by Thomas and Steven racing up and jumping into my lap. "Happy engagement!" They both sang, then Steve frowned and almost strangled himself trying to ask his question. "What is an ... gage...ment?" Tracy came up and whispered in his ear and little Stevie's eyes popped wide open and he slapped his tiny hands to his mouth. "Ohhh yucky, that's ...that's...Nahhh, don'wanna know." He jumped off my lap and disappeared into the crowd to the laughter from us all.

I sat there for hours and watched everyone. I remembered the parties I had literally dragged James to and this was nothing like them. While there were groups of people talking and laughing, they slid from one group to another, making small talk, flowing as smoothly as oil on water. I felt comfortable talking to each and every one of them, no one person being left out or excluded from the festivities.

This was what James had tried to get me to understand all along. This was true friendship amongst all our friends. This was not little cliques of people spreading gossip about each other or harbouring secrets. Even those that I thought of as James's friends were happy to finally meet the reformed Kelly Garret, although they had the good grace and manners not to say it in those words.

However, it was what James's father said to my mother that made me turn in astonishment, "You know Marcie, you once said that James did well, trading a lemon in on two peaches. It now seems to me that bitter tasting lemon has turned into some very delicious lemonade!"

I saw mum standing there smiling and heard her reply. "Yes Graham, I think you're right. All she needed was to find the right recipe!" I walked off feeling smugger than I ort too. That recipe was one that took a lot of heartache and tears to find, but then, I can guarantee it being one I will never ever forget.

~...~

I lay in my wedding bed with my wonderful husband's powerful arms circling my body, his right hand lovingly encapsulating my left breast. His thumb and forefinger idly working my taunt nipple, his manhood snugly entrenched within me from behind. I felt an overwhelming sense of contentment and peace, something I had never had before. I knew that it wasn't a condemnation of James, but the realisation that I had found what real a marriage was all about.

I wriggled my way back into him and felt him stir. "Ready for round five?" His breath was hot on my neck; I moaned and squeezed his cock with my pussy in reply. I was here because I wanted to be, not for any other altruistic motive. I was making love to show my husband just how much I loved and adored him. I had finally understood James's finally question, and I again mentally thanked him.

Michael started to move again. "My arse this time lover, I want you to take my arse. By this time tomorrow, I don't want any part of me you haven't sampled. This body is yours to do as you wish." I heard Michael groan with lust as he withdrew and then gently applied pressure to my anus as he slowly re-entered me. "Ohhh God, don't tease me sweetheart, shove it in and take me. Fuck me hard like I've never been fucked before!"

Michael rolled me over onto my stomach and as he did he rolled on top, applying a little more pressure as he did. It had been years since I'd been taken like this and the initial pain caught me unprepared, I gasped and screwed my face up into the pillow trying not to scream out. Michael stopped with just the head of his cock penetrating my arsehole.

"Nooooo..." I screamed out in frustration, I felt virginal as on my first night and that brought its own sense of pleasure. I shoved my arse back and up, giving Michael no chance to retreat and impaling myself on his manhood, "Ahhh fuck meee!" I pleaded though gritted my teeth. Michael waited for a little while until I got used to the feeling, then started a slow and rhythmic sawing in and out of me.

I grabbed handfuls sheet in order to fight off the first pain of entry and before long, I was feeling the familiar tingle between my thighs. Pushing my hand down between my pussy lips, I strummed my clit working in unison with my loving husband as he took me. Michael grabbed a hank of my hair pulling my head up and back and that only drove me on to higher delights. My breathing became ragged as I started to moan in time with Michael's thrusting. It didn't take long before I was withering beneath him, a blinding orgasm taking my breath away, then another cascading in on top of the last.

I had never been multi-orgasmic, and this was a new experience for me. Yes, I'd had many orgasms in one day, but never one after another, until I couldn't tell one from the other. It drained me. After we finally regained our senses Michael commented, "What was that all about? I must have hurt you. Are you alright?"

I still couldn't think properly but managed to touch my hand to his cheek in a loving gesture. "There is only one way you can ever hurt me sweetheart and that is to not want anything to do with me! I may be walking or sitting a little carefully tomorrow but it was what I wanted."

I was kissing his neck and could feel his cock hardening. I whispered seductively in his ear, "I love the way you grabbed my hair. It's one of my fantasies no one has ever tried before. You make sure you remember that!" I felt his cock twitch several times as he groaned. "There's something else I want as well."

With that, I slide down his body and took his cock properly in my hand. I was about to slide my mouth over it when Michael held me. "You sure you want to do that knowing where it's been?"

I smiled wickedly as I engulfed his cock then kissed the tip. "I cleaned myself out thoroughly before coming to bed sweetheart. When a woman gets married and if she loves her husband enough, there is nothing she won't do for him. Most brides take pride in giving their husbands their virginity. I couldn't do that, and there is precious little else I can make totally yours. This is the one thing I vowed never to do, and would not do it for love nor money. This feels right. I want you to have it as a token of my love for you!"

Michael settled back and smiled. "How did I ever get so lucky?"

After sucking him clean and bringing him to another earth shattering mouth filling eruption, I giggled. "I keep asking myself that same question. I don't deserve you Michael. I'm just happy that you disagree with me."

As we dropped off to sleep, I murmured. "Love me for the rest of my life and I will return it tenfold, I'll see to it that all your wishes and fantasies come true." My mind wandered as sleep took hold. Another one of Beverley's statements was again proved correct, "Most times helping others gains you ten times the help back." I now know it also to be true, loving someone gains you ten times the love back!"

Michael drew me to him, and kissed my forehead. "You won't have a thing to worry about my love. I can see us growing old together with a tribe of grandchildren to bounce on our knees."

I fell asleep secure in the embrace of my loving husband, what more could a woman want?"

Epilogue

Michael and I now have a pigeon pair. A boy named Michael James Kincaid and a girl named Sarah Michelle. Michael allowed me to name both. I may have lost James as a husband, but got him back as a pseudo-brother-in-law. Well you see, mum and dad took to Michelle like a daughter since she doesn't have any family of her own. After having dad walk both of us down the aisle, me twice, I suppose it was only natural.

We now treat each other like sisters, and that goes as far as sibling fights and calling each other stupid names when we disagree. Michelle may no longer intimidate me; however, I do have an enormous respect for her.