Let Love In Ch. 02

Story Info
Rose and Anna turn to each other for support, love and lust.
7.9k words
4.74
5.6k
15
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/10/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rose had never seen anything like it before. City Road at peak hour was usually bumper to bumper with cars, trucks and buses all jostling for position. Today it was almost empty. As she stood waiting to cross the road, a bus trundled past. A lone passenger stared out of the window at her, their face obscured by a surgical mask. There were no pedestrians on the footpath, the Thai restaurant and the café that Rose stood in front of had been closed for weeks.

Rose shivered, she couldn't shake a sense of impending doom as this virus pandemic continued to impact everyone's life. The lights changed and she scurried across the road, desperate to reach her studio apartment. Once there she could close the door and pretend the outside world didn't exist. We may all be in this together, Rose thought, but when it comes down to it, we're all alone.

***

Ten minutes later, Rose sat on her couch, the last of the afternoon sun coming through the window behind her. Breathing a heavy sigh, she knew that she was safe and secure for another day. And her day would end on a high, her erstwhile lover and friend Anna was on her way over.

After many months of being attracted to her vivacious, sexy personality, and one failed attempt, the two women had spent a loving, sensual evening together at the start of the year. Any form of relationship had proved difficult, however, as Anna lived in Brisbane and trips to Sydney were generally to stay with her elderly parents. The virus had changed all of that. With working remotely now suddenly acceptable in a lot of companies, Anna had moved down to Sydney a fortnight ago in order to be closer to her mum and dad. The two friends had managed to meet once but agreed that they would take things slow due to Anna's parents.

The intercom buzzed, shaking Rose out of her reverie. She let Anna into the building, then left her front door ajar. Half a minute later and Anna came through the door. But this wasn't the bubbly, energetic Anna that Rose had grown to love. Her friend looked distraught, her eyes red rimmed she assumed from crying.

"Anna, hey, what's wrong? Why are you so upset?" asked Rose. The two women approached each other and hugged. Rose looked up into Anna's eyes and brushed a few strands of her blonde hair away from her face.

"The lockdown, it's been announced. Wednesday midnight. Borders shut."

"Slow down, slow down, you're not making any sense. Here, let's sit down. Take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong." Rose gestured towards the sofa. Anna sat and resumed talking.

"Okay, okay. Sorry, too many jumbled thoughts in my head. So...lockdown confirmed, six weeks from Wednesday night. That's only two days away! Borders will be shut, which wouldn't be an issue if I stay with Mum and Dad. After all, I moved down from Brisbane to be with them, right?" Rose nodded.

"And this afternoon the Premier announced that people with elderly relatives should seriously consider not coming into contact with them until after the lockdown."

While Rose knew this had been likely for a while, she hadn't heard the announcement, as she'd been doing online Macroeconomics lectures as part of her third-year course. With the university's campuses closed, all her learning was online in her apartment.

"No, I hadn't heard that," said Rose, softly. "What will you do?"

"I will have to stay away from my parents, I can't take any risk with them. I talked to them just now and they think it's the most sensible thing to do."

Rose knew how close Anna was to her parents, and how hard it had been for her to live in Brisbane, separated from them because of work. Suddenly the chance to be with them again looked like being taken away, so it was understandable she was annoyed and upset.

"I think you are making a very hard decision, but the right one in the circumstances," said Rose. "Does this mean you're going back to Brisbane?"

Anna shook her head. "I've tried to get on a flight all day, no luck. I'm going to have to call Ryan tomorrow and see if he can put me up for a few days. Keep trying to fly home, deal with quarantine...this is such a mess."

"Ryan? But - but you and your brother don't get along that well, do you? Do you think he'd be okay with it?"

Anna laughed bitterly. "I don't have that many other options, do I? Mum and Dad will make sure he falls into line, it'll be okay." However, her facial expression belied those positive words.

Rose looked at her friend. "You could stay with me, you know."

Anna smiled and shook her head.

"Thank you, Rose, but you do live in a shoebox. I can't expect that from you."

Rose smiled back at Anna. "That is true, it is on the small side of tiny. But the offer stands, okay?"

Anna nodded and lent back on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. Rose sat next to her, took a hand in hers and squeezed it.

"You'll be okay, your folks, they'll be okay."

"Thanks, Rose, I know. Just feeling a little overwhelmed right now."

"Aren't we all." Rose understood that Anna wore her heart on her sleeve at the best of times, now she was even more sensitive. The right thing to do now was sit back, listen and be a friend.

The two women spent another hour catching up, Anna calming down now that her emotional tirade had been voiced. They sat, hand in hand, sharing their thoughts, fears and desires.

"You know Rose," said Anna, "I wish your flat was a little bigger, the way I'm feeling right now I'd take you up on your offer."

"What do you mean?"

"Sitting here with you I feel safe, loved, wanted. You're such a good friend, thanks."

"You're welcome."

Anna leant over to Rose, kissing her softly, tenderly. Rose responded, the two friends holding each other close, content to share the moment with each other. They broke the embrace, Anna stroking Rose's cheek.

"I think I'd better go, sweetheart, otherwise I know where this is heading. As much as I want to repeat our night at Jess', I really need to get back to Mum and Dad's and sort my accommodation out."

"Of course, I understand," said Rose.

Anna prepared to leave and went to the bathroom. While she was out of the room, Rose checked her phone for emails. A news alert caught her eye - "State Government allows COVID buddies." She clicked on the link and read the story, smiling as her mind came up with a plan.

"Hey, Anna, look at this story," Rose said, as her friend re-entered the room. Anna took the proffered mobile phone and began to read.

"At tonight's media briefing, the Premier announced that with the impending lockdown, those living on their own would be able to share their accommodation with one other person. This would not contravene previous rules on social distancing and personal contact. The move comes as an effort to address the looming mental health crisis for those facing long term isolation."

Rose looked at Anna expectantly.

"So what do you think?"

"About COVID buddies?"

"Yeah, want to be my COVID buddy?"

Rose walked over to Anna and put her arms around her waist.

"The Premier says it's okay, what have you got to lose?"

Anna looked at Rose. "Are you sure, it's such a small space."

Rose nodded. "Of course I want you to. You're my friend, you need help and this is a no brainer. Besides," she leered at Anna, "you can remind me of what we did at Jess' all those months ago."

Anna laughed. "COVID buddy or fuck buddy? I'm beginning to warm to the idea."

Rose drew Anna close and kissed her.

"Then get yourself back to your parents place, pack a suitcase and bring your beautiful body back here."

Anna laughed at Rose again. "You know, for a submissive you can be very persuasive. Okay, I'm in, let's give it a go. I need to work tomorrow so let me come over the same time as tonight. Deal?"

Rose nodded and broke into a huge smile. "Deal."

With that, Anna said goodbye and headed back to her parents. Rose stood in her living room, her body tingling with anticipation for the next evening.

***

The next day went quickly for Rose. A handful of online lectures and work on an essay completed her Uni contact hours. At lunchtime she took a pilates class, then made a short trip to the bottle shop to pick up a couple of bottles of wine now that Anna was coming over. Dinner was a vegetable and quinoa salad, that is, if they got that far thought Rose. It had been a while since she'd had any physical attention, she was still on a break with her old boyfriend and lockdown had made her nervous of socialising too much. Anna was another matter, though. They were friends who had become lovers, one beautiful night several months ago. Now they were to be COVID buddies and who knew what that would bring.

Rose started to feel a little horny at the prospect of a friend and lover being with her so soon. She began to stroke between her legs, running her fingers across her lycra leggings. She closed her eyes and thought of that night, the desire she had felt, the feeling of completeness as the two women slowly made love. They had connected that night and their bond was strong.

Rose was becoming aroused and placed her fingers into her leggings, under her panties. She slid them between her pussy lips, feeling her wetness. Placing her index and middle fingers on top of her clitoral hood, she began to rotate them, loving the sensation as she gently brushed her clit. Her fingers moved a little faster as she dipped them inside her vagina, coating them with her pussy juice. As she resumed rubbing her clit, her mobile phone rang. She didn't want to interrupt her pleasure, but it was Anna, wanting to Face Time. Reluctantly, Rose stopped playing with herself and took the call.

"Hi, sweetie, how are you," gushed Anna.

"Oh, okay. Thinking of you, actually," replied Rose.

"Mmmm, nothing dirty I hope."

Rose hesitated and felt herself blush. Trust Anna of all people to call just as she was playing with herself.

"Um...no, just looking forward to you staying."

"Okay, sure. But why are your cheeks flushed? You being dirty without me? Come on, show me."

Rose groaned. She knew from experience that Anna wouldn't let this go. She extracted her fingers from her panties and held them up to the screen.

"Here, the evidence. How did you know?"

Anna smiled at the sight of Rose's wet, sticky fingers.

"Because if it was me, and I was waiting for my hot, sexy friend to visit, I'd be a little turned on. Who says I haven't already rubbed one out today?" Anna gave a throaty laugh.

"And I used to think I was obsessed about sex and experiences. That was until I met you."

"What a compliment, thank you," said Anna.

"Okay, you've had your fun. Now, what's up?"

"Um...just to let you know I'm packed, the car is loaded and I'll be at your place in an hour. Okay?"

"Sure, wine's in the fridge, I'm all warmed up. See you soon."

"Great. Bye."

"Bye."

With that they rang off the call.

***

Two hours later the two friends sat on the sofa, a glass of wine in their hands. Anna had brought a couple of suitcases and cardboard boxes that they had left by the apartment door. Plenty of time to sort the belongings out later.

"You know, Rose," said Anna, "this is such a small place. I think we'll need some rules to live by or we'll drive each other crazy." Rose nodded.

"Yeah, been thinking about that. We're allowed out for an hour a day exercise or to go to the shops. Uni is closed so I'll be doing all my work here online. You're working full time?'

"Yeah, for now," said Anna.

"So I've moved a table up to the bedroom where I can study. You can use the kitchen table if that's okay?" Rose pointed towards the mezzanine level of the apartment, where her double bed overlooked the living area. It was a squeeze, but it would give them separate working areas.

"Are you sure about the bedroom, there's not much room there," said Anna.

"Yeah, but I only need my laptop. I'd rather you have the bigger table."

"Thanks Rose, that's really kind. And what about exercise?" asked Anna.

"Well, I guess we can go walking together, unless we're getting on each other's nerves. Then I reckon we should stagger the hours so that one of us has an hour here on their own while the other has an hour outside. I'm also going to do online pilates if you're interested, I have a spare mat."

Anna smiled at Rose.

"You've got this all thought out, nice. I'll give the pilates a go as well, although I'll probably spend my time staring at you in your body-hugging lycra."

"That makes two of us then," replied Rose, stroking the back of Anna's hand. "I'm happy you're here, Anna, we can help each other get through this."

Her blonde friend agreed. "Yeah, we will. Whatever craziness happens outside these four walls, inside we'll have our little oasis. Just you, me and a big box of sex toys."

"You didn't!" exclaimed Rose.

"Uh huh. I had to bring some over, I can hardly close my bedside drawer there are so many jammed in there." Anna smiled at Rose and stroked her arm. "Can't wait to use The Spoiler on you."

"The what?"

"The Spoiler. A dildo with a sword shaped handle. It's great for Game of Thrones themed sex, ravishing the beautiful princess, that sort of thing."

Rose shook her head at Anna.

"We're in the middle of a lockdown, in a public health emergency, and all you can think about is cosplay and dildos?"

"Well, it does take your mind off reality. Not a bad thing, really."

"Guess so, real life does suck at the moment." replied Rose. "So do I get a sneak preview of your toys?"

"All in good time, my dear," said Anna. "They were the first things I unpacked, pride of place under the bed. If you're a good girl we might have an unveiling tonight, maybe tomorrow."

"Okay, leave me in suspense then."

"Hmmm...let me mess a little with your lovely mind."

Anna leaned over and kissed Rose lightly on her lips. "We'll have a lot of fun, you and me."

Rose kissed her back. "Sure will. We'll make our own world here, virus be damned."

"That's the spirit, Rose."

"Hey, I'm starving, Fancy something to eat?"

"Sure."

Rose stood and went to prepare the dinner. The rest of the evening was quiet, both women tired after a couple of emotionally draining days. Anna spoke to her parents before the couple went upstairs to the bedroom. It was a new experience for Rose, sharing her own bed with another woman. As they laid down beside one another, Rose asked about Anna's parents.

"How are they feeling?"

"They're okay, thanks. Mum's the worrier, but Dad will keep her calm, I know."

"And how are you?" Rose asked softly.

Anna turned her head to look at Rose, strands of blond hair catching the light of the bedside lamp.

"Thanks for asking, Rose. I'm...I'm sad having to leave them. Worried they will get sick. But they have each other, that's something."

Rose reached her hand out and stroked Anna's cheek.

"And you have me." She lent over and kissed Anna, who put her arms around Rose and hugged her.

"Thank you, sweetheart, that means a lot to me."

Rose hugged Anna back. They kissed, lips touching lightly. Despite her tiredness, Rose felt excited to be back in Anna's arms. As she laid back onto her pillow, she lowered her right hand over her belly and slid under her panties. Rose began to make small circles above her clitoris, aroused with the thought of nights ahead with Anna. Her fingers moved easily over her clit as her pussy lips were wet.

Anna must have felt Rose's movement, as she turned her head to look at her friend.

"Hey, mind if I join in? Haven't cum for a few days," Anna whispered.

"Sure, just feels so nice lying next to you. Let me finish what I started earlier this afternoon."

Anna also put her hand inside her panties and patted her vagina.

"Mmmm, think I'm a little wet too. Thoughts of being locked up with you for weeks will do that."

Rose smiled in the dim light.

"Doesn't take much to turn you on." She continued to run her fingers up and down her pussy lips, taking a nipple between her fingers and squeezing. Rose dipped her fingers inside her vagina, coating them with her juice, then slowly rubbed her clit.

Anna copied her friends' actions, pulling hard at her nipple as she stroked her love button.

"First one to cum chooses tomorrow nights' sex toy," whispered Anna.

"Bitch, you know I take ages."

"Heh heh, then think about me and The Spoiler, that'll get you going."

"Shh, need to focus."

The couple lapsed into silence, punctuated with the rustling of the quilt and the odd moan. Anna could feel her arousal, her fingers moving freely across her pussy lips. She began to squeeze and pinch her clit lightly, then with her thumb and middle finger squeezing her clit hood gently, started to rub her index finger up and down her clit. The beautiful honey blonde sank back into the pillows and groaned.

"Show off," panted Rose.

"Mmm...not long now." Anna snaked out a leg and began to rub Rose's calf with her foot.

"Feels good...next to you," she whispered.

"Mmm, touch me more," said Rose.

Anna reached out her free hand and ran it up and down Rose's tummy, lightly scratching with her nails. The touch of Anna's fingers caused Rose to breathe deeper and she quickened her fingers.

"Hmmm, nice."

Anna kept focus on her looming orgasm, rubbing her clit gently but relentlessly. She felt Rose's hand on her thigh, lightly stroking inside, close to her pussy. This set her off, the tenderness from her friend, the emotion of the day, were directed into her desire for release. Circling her clit time and time again, Anna came.

"Oh...oh...oh...ohhhh...," she moaned, breathing heavily. Step by step, she reduced the pressure on her clit and lay still.

"Oh, Rose...your hand...mmm." Anna lay still for a while, revelling in the release. Gradually she turned to look at Rose. The younger blonde was still masturbating, although her breath was now shallow. Anna rolled over to her and began to kiss her neck with little soft pecks. Rose moaned again, then turned her head to face Anna. She sought out Anna's mouth and kissed her hungrily, forcing her tongue into Anna's mouth.

Rose continued to run her fingers over her clitoral hood, faster than before. As her orgasm hit, she groaned into Anna's mouth, her tongue withdrawing as she concentrated on the buzz running through her. Finally, she unlocked lips with Anna and gave a satisfied breath.

Anna put her arms around her young lover and hugged her.

"Thank you gorgeous, that felt great lying next to you."

"Hmmm...thanks too. It's weird, you make me feel safe and horny at the same time."

"Yeah, nice, I get it. Let's look after each other."

"In both senses of the word."

The two women kissed, deeply and appreciatively. They fell silent, their breathing soft. Slowly, they fell asleep in each other's arms.

***

Wednesday was the last day before the full lockdown. After today, all non-essential services were to be closed, and the only reason citizens were allowed on the streets was to purchase food or to exercise for a maximum of one hour per day. In truth, many people had been living in isolation for a while. Working from home was already becoming the norm, public transport was being shunned.

Anna was up early, checking on her parents before setting up her laptop at the kitchen table and logging into work. Rose had only one online lecture which was in the afternoon, so she took the opportunity to go to the supermarket. She returned an hour later with a couple of bulging shopping bags which she placed with a thud on the kitchen table. Anna looked up at her, then closed her laptop.

"Hey, how was that? Got a fair bit of stuff."

Rose grunted. "Yeah, mainly staples, rice, pasta. There are already shelves half empty. Can't believe people need to buy so much. At least I managed to get the most important thing..."