All Comments on 'Let Me In Your Heart Again'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Hey, he could do the Daphne du Maurer route and wrap a romance around a mystery - or is it the other way around?

.

Compelling story with flawed but sympathetic characters all, scratching and clawing for a bit of a return to grace. Thoughtfully told. Thank you very much.

Baldy74Baldy74over 2 years ago

Really good story, very interesting and damaged characters. Would have liked another page to flesh out the reconciliation a bit more but overall enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5*. Not a RAC or a BTB. More like reality. Thanks for writing.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Very well written but he was more forgiving than I would be, especially to his spoiled daughters

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Great storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

is it a will not to publish in LW?

Because it clearly doesn't sound like romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He deserved to be divorced. He's a very unsympathetic character.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

5, very enjoyable but I really think it could have used some meat in the middle. The reconciliation I think happened too fast, MC goes from hating the ex wife who hadn't talked to him in years, his daughter's seeming to want nothing to do with him without being bribed to thinking he lost the perfect woman and his daughters being lovey towards him after he and the ex bang. Its a trope I'm not a fan of, "bang and reconcile". Would have liked to have seen the wife actually working to win him back after realizing her mistake rather then it happening so suddenly. Great job despite my criticism.

shopratshopratover 2 years ago

Nice job. It was a plausible reconciliation. Would have been awfully hard to do but I can see it.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Not even close to a romance, LW for sure. Without writing much of anything about the Greyson seduction it is very hard to have even a little bit of sympathy for the wife, much less the daughters. No idea from reading this story why he would even consider taking the wife OR daughters back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

curious as to why he never mentioned the mothers affair to his daughters right at the beginning of the divorce action?

Also, you never have him think of her having sex with Greyson when she tried to have sex with him. He talks about her possible lie about sex before the divorce but the fact she had been having sex with the guy for a long time never came up. To me, I would have a mental image and think she was damaged goods. Sure, sex with another woman is the same thing but that other woman is not someone you loved. Big difference to me. Maybe some angry revenge sex but not making love, not her coming back. Now that the affair is out in the open reconcile with the daughters. I see no shame in that as they were young and mislead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do these guys never date after a divorce? They don't have to go looking for the next wife nor do they need to try and find some long term relationship. Dating can be good for the soul. Go out, have a good time, its companionship first so you don't get depressed. Maybe when the time is right sex comes into play. But these guys all try and compare the next woman to the old. Fine, do so in looking for what NOT to expect or date but don't give up on everyone.

As for taking her back? Not me. I would get to know my kids now that they know that mom lied. I never would have had sex with her when she showed up. I may be "nice" to her so as not to lose the kids again but that is it. She cheated, she dumped me when I was at my lowest, she never spoke to me for years.

Now she wants to kiss and make up?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would anybody want to be married to this person? He was overweight and angry!! A very unsympathetic character!

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 2 years ago

Think Cy should've contacted his lawyer to get a TRO on her for as long as it took for her to go away; don't think she would listen any other way. If she was serious about her care for him, there would've been a separation and divorce only if he didn't get his act together; instead, she went nuclear and shouldn't be surprised there's only scorched earth left. As for the daughters, a cheap graduation card with a $2.00 bill in it should be more than adequate. They had several years to try and reestablish a relationship with their father independent of the dingbat mother and didn't bother. Sometimes it's just better to quietly cut your losses.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

I disliked this, I would not sleep with her nor take her back. She cheated and dumped him and worse yet lied and turned his kids against him, and she would have still been with the other guy if he hadn’t turned out to be a creep and now she has buyers remorse.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 2 years ago

Well written and probably realistic - both the seĺler's remorse and the reconcilliation. I think getting back with Zoey was mostly inertia and laziness on his part, though. Again, realistic. 5 stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Sounds like a real life story.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

I really liked this story, it had a lot about family. The scenes were well thought out with a good amount of detail that put you there with the MC. I also really liked how the MC described his situation. Where I think there was a disconnect was how it came together. I agree with JohnAmaifi in that it was momentum that brought them back together from our perspective. It felt like there was a scene or two we didn’t get to read that would have happened.

I also think that his daughters got off way too easily for the way they treated him.

Overall a great story, I’ve only just discovered IABH as a writer and loving your works!

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Ah, tis another 5'er! Reading the story I kinda think he drove Zooey away more than Greyson stole her.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that your balls hurt when a heavy hood slams down on your head, sympathy pains they say .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too much alcohol and too much feeling sorry for himself. Suck it up!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok story but the last paragraph was brilliant, the best end to the story possible.

OpenWordsOpenWordsover 2 years ago

What a good little cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needed to be longer, give us more of a reason to see why he should reconcile with her. Right now it seems she found out that Grayson was a lech, divorces him, and then comes back to her ex. So if she had never seen Grayson ogle her daughters she would never have divorced him? Why would the MC want her back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Easy reading. Like it. He let the twins too easy get away with their behavior. Both dumped him just like their mother. Didn’t visit. Only called after a hint of their mother.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - lame attempt at making an unacceptable RAAC. I did not like any of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

After turning into a fat drunk, and a heart attack waiting to happen, no wonder zoey left him.

I believe her when she said she didn’t fuck Greyson until after the divorce.

Love the final paragraph about Greyson’s so called accident. It couldn’t happen to a bigger asshole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Zoey didn't realize that for better or worse in a marriage means even if your partner turns into fat, drunken slob you must stay married and not cheat, that is the vow she made. Zoey like most women will leave when things get tough, and she only went back to Cyrus because Greyson turned out to be scum, if that didn't happen the bitch would still be with him, giving zero fucks about Cyrus. 3 stars - good story telling but not a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I read the whole story…and as much as I did not want to, the only character that was likable was Zoey. Was this the writers plan or is he as unlikeable as his main character. They always say to write what you know…and apparently he knows himself

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story. I like it. However, you are too easy on the twins. Just some rearranging text and adding a few lines would do the trick.

"I want you back," she sighed after calming.

My daughters looked at me expectedly. I wiped my lips, swallowed my bite, and then took a sip of coffee. I wasn't about to commit to anything and they looked ready to plan a second wedding.

"Well, dad?" Kendra asked after too many moments of silence.

‘Why would you girls want me to do that? You both cut me out of your lives long before the divorce. You were my everything. You stopped telling me about your games and plays because you didn't want me there. Since you've gone to school, you haven't called or visited. You answer when I call, of course, but you lost interest in me when I was kicked out of our home and made out to be the cause of our divorce. You have no idea how badly you hurt me not even asking to join the campus tour.’

The girls wanted to say something but stopped after I raised my hand and went on.

‘I always had a tendency to depression. My dad was my oasis in the desert. Whenever I got down, we'd go fishing. He had great advice that he wasn't shy about giving when I needed some. Then he died. The first time I needed him and he wasn't there, I got drunk. I suppose it was easy after that. I'd get drunk, pass out, and my problems went away until the next day.

Sure, I've given up on myself first. I was depressed about my weight. My dad's death. I hated my job. You kids were growing up and wanted nothing to do with me, as most teenagers wouldn't, to be sure, but it just added to my self-pity. I was suicidal. The only reason I didn't kill myself was you kids. There was even one night where I put a knife to my wrist.’

‘We didn’t know dad’ Katie said.

‘You never asked me why, did you? When I was kicked out of our house you were seventeen. You’re twenty now and never talked to me about what happened, just went with your mother’s story I guess. Every day I wake up alone, every day I don't see my girls, every day I look in the mirror and remember being told to leave the house I had built for us. It's my fucking present reality. So tell me girls, why would you want me to take you and your mother back?’

The girls looked at me in silence, tears in their eyes.

The only good things that came from this misery is that I lost weight and quit the job I hated’

‘You quit your job? When? We didn’t know that?’

‘See how much you cared about me. It’s been three years since I quit and you never asked how I’m doing. After the divorce, I decided I would reinvent myself. I wanted to be a writer when I was a kid. That’s what I did. Writing became my therapy. I cashed out my pension to pay for your child support and college.’

Zoey gasped. ‘I never knew.’

‘As far as your mother concerns. What happened to 'for better or worse' I'm just supposed to forget she allowed herself to fall in love with another guy while she was married to me? Maybe, if Mr. Wonderful hadn't succeeded in getting into her head, we'd still be married? Maybe if she wasn't having half-hour make-out sessions with her lover, I wouldn't have been drinking so much?"

The girls simultaneously snapped their eyes at their mother.

"You cheated on daddy?" Katie asked.

"You didn't tell us that," Kendra added. "You said Greyson was there to support you after we left daddy."

Katie glared, "I told you he was a piece of shit!"

She got up and ran to the bathroom. Her sister tossed her napkin on her plate and followed. Not before telling me, "Greyson made a pass at her. Dear mother didn't believe her until she caught him staring at us in our bikinis."

I got pissed. "You put our girls in that kind of situation? What the hell is wrong with you?" I planned on finding that fuck-stick and neutering him. I looked at Zoey. She was a wreck. Her sobbing, and the abrupt exit of the girls, brought the manager to the table. Before I could speak, she waved him off. "I'm fine. Just some family drama."

I stood and said, "We're leaving. Sorry about the disruption." I tossed a hundred on the table and walked outside.

I made my way to the car and heard the clatter of Zoey's ever-present heels not far behind.

I turned and was almost knocked over by her hug. "I dumped him as soon as I realized. I know what you're thinking about doing and you don't have to do it. I kicked him in the balls so hard, he almost lost one." That won't save him from me," I snarled as I pushed her away.’

I walked farther down the parking lot and finally saw the girls come out. They both ran to me and hugged me. I couldn't help it, but my eyes got a bit watery as well. "We're sorry, daddy. She lied to us. She didn't tell us that she was with him before we left."

I looked at them. ‘That does excuse you for your behavior the past three years?’

Then I looked at my ex, who was sobbing and watching us. I wondered what she was thinking?

"Girls, I think you should take me home now."

The ride home was quiet and I chose to sit in the front, while Zoey and the girls softly cried. I didn't think I was being an asshole, and it certainly wasn't my fault that Zoey lied to our girls. She'd have to resolve it on her own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Once the new love of my wife's life that made her feel young and fresh and new again was caught peeping on our teen daughter at their home. Suddenly she needed me again. Her reason for leaving me was that i was working all the time, building a business to support us all and give us a good life. Yes i went all caveman on him and he was never able to walk properly again, seems a baseball bat to the souls of his feet wasnt a healthy thing. Sure made me feel better. Yes i did my 120 days in jail but my ex and daughter were safe. We never remarried because of the pain, I told her Id never live through it again, she just hurt me too deeply. We still live like roommates with a daughter. I feel we are happy and we arnt refusing a possible closer future.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
What's To Like?

Our MC changed from fat, unhappy and depressed husband/father, to a buff, unhappy and depressed ex-husband/ex-father. Zoey changed from a narcissistic quitter wife/mother, to a lying, narcissistic ex-wife/mother who discovered she moved from better to worse by dumping hubby. She clearly was confused about the true meaning of "for better or worse." Oh, and mix in a couple selfish, vindictive daughters. That is not the basis for a good RAAC, even if MC withholds from repeated wedding vows forever.

Well written, IABH, but characters and a plot that do not appeal to this reader. Thanks for the effort!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She has not seen Greyson for over 2 years, so why did it take her that long to try to get him back? Plot hole that a mystery writer would clear up/

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

Great story, except for the wrap-up. His comment: "I had Zoey back and I didn't have to worry about her leaving me or cheating on me again" was kinda absurd and silly. Either he is emotionally invested or he isn't, and he clearly was. The only thing the marriage license addresses is the financial impact of divorce and that could be handled by pre-nup.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Written for woke fucktard 's by a no self respect fucktard men hating bitch lefty writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Daughters discussing lube with their dad.....really? Started off well but then became the usual silly male fantasy story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A feel good story that was enjoyable to read. Liked the ex-husband's thought process. I was rooting for them. 5 stars.

Tiger27Tiger27about 2 years ago

LOL! Love the the last paragraph.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Silly female fantasy story of cheating and divorcing then getting your ex back when you damn well please.

Write something more realistic next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When he dies the average maleness of the male population will rise for sure.

IABHIABHalmost 2 years agoAuthor

I think that average maleness comment was one of the best digs i've ever seen in a comment. kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

zeerozerozeroZERO.... What a spineless, nutless, booze-riddled wimp!

Just because a phone rings it does not have to be answered, or the doorbell rings the door does not have to be opened!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Shouldn't he squeak more? The lube was for him. A lot of pretense. Oh well, it's fiction. Like he would have the nerve to physically confront her other partner. Sort of paste in some backbone.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Fun story with a nice ending.

11/10 Bottles of Synergy Lube!!!!!

Plus any pet named after Frank Zappa (?) RULEZ!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Any piece of shit that goes after a married woman needs to be hurt. The lover my wife had, was seriously injured in a mugging while my wife and I were in a marriage counseling session. It was weeks before I learned what good friends I have. Yes I was questioned, but really no idea what had happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice writing. Story a bit skimpy in parts especially in showing the ex's mindset. What motivated her to come back? Why did he did he agree to even a fuckbuddy relationship with her? 4/5 for the quality of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

For my money, the last line was the best. Good writing always touches a heart. You nailed the loneliness to a tee. I once sat on the edge of life and death over a damned woman. I'm still here. Thanks for a good story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Probably good he didn't remarry her!

4

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Not as awful as other raacs; but his daughters are useless selfish pieces of shit - I bet they didn't freeze the b763284 out when they found out it was her fault for the divorce, never mind punish her for lying. I hope their lives turns to sh7t. And yes I hate them more than the ex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why wait so long to "get" Grayson???????

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read. I don't need a folow-up because I'd rather not see him marry her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it! I concur, very enjoyable read. It felt genuine and real. Thanks!

LazylonerLazylonerover 1 year ago

I tend to dislike any kind of reconcillation where it feels very unearned. This one has the wife Zoey not really learning anything and the main character being a complete loser throughout the tale. He complains, but never really stands up for himself in any meaningful way. And his daughters should be disowned and never spoken to or about. They are worthless.

I like some of IABH's tales, but this one turned me off due to the nature of the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, sure, why not? After three years and a completely rehabilitated body and physical build, he still couldn't find a better woman, or maybe Any woman. So cheating whore pussy in the hand is better than all the lovely virtuous sexy women he never met, and never would. Still don't understand why he was a worthless drunken slob before the wife divorced him, but then, somehow, he acquired the wisdom and strength to rehabilitate himself? And he wants to blame Zoey for belatedly realizing she wanted him back? Maybe part of their marriage problems involved the inability to communicate openly and honestly with each other? Didn't realize middle aged fucking could cure that. He better hope he doesn't have physical problems in the future, or Zoey will replace him faster than a bottle of bad shampoo. Thanks for the effort.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

I liked your other story better. He stopped self-punishing and found a better woman. This was ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cuck pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Negative infinity stars.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the first half. Hate to see the cheaters get away with it because the man is weak. You cannot help but suffer, but suffering is not surrender.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

Loved the last paragraph :)

EvelZombieEvelZombieover 1 year ago

I see a lot of comments about how the wife and daughters got off to light and didn't earn being taken back into MCs life. But other than losing some weight and no longer binge drinking what did the MC do to even deserve a second shot. By all accounts he became an overweight drunken bum who for years wouldn't listen to his doctors and abandoned his emotional and physical responsibility as a husband and father. Then the MC has the balls to say the wife was the one that gave up on the marriage. Well people can only take so much even with loved ones. Sounds like getting kicked to the curb was the extreme wake up call he needed. Honestly he should just be grateful his wife even wanted him back. It was a well written story. I would have liked the MC to address more of his actions that led to all of this and taken responsibility for them more to show he understood where he went wrong and that was the catalyst for a good change in him mentally and physically.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To easy to blame one parent or another here. There were obviously pressures in that family well before the divorce. The husband's father's death for example appeared to leave a hole in his life, and which his wife just exacerbated with her emotional withdrawl. Plus (I think) few would believe she didn't have an affair with the Greyson dude. At least emotionally, if not physical. Her truthfulness was definitely in doubt, but her sincerity to reconcile seems desperate. One suspects the other guy always had designs to use the mother for access to the daughters, and once she realized it, was looking to make amends. One suspects his taking her back was more about cementing the relationship with his daughters who came back to him emotionally after the mother's debacle. Since this story is an exercise in judgement, should he have taken her back? I would not have if the relationship was already re-cemented with the daughters. Friendly yes with the Ex, but FWB? No. Too much baggage. But he seemed to get the best deal of it all: partner sex kitten, loving daughters again, etc. But with minimal risk to himself emotionally and financially. My thought was "good for him", while the Ex got some kind of emotional redemption for her colossal misjudgement and breach of trust with both her husband and children. But she clearly didn't do the restitution necessary for his total forgiveness. My wife was a social worker and family counselor for decades before we retired, so I've heard lots of stories of family dysfunction. All things considered, this one got off lightly. Not perfect but worst damage repaired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sooo, anal seems to be THE ultimate key to get a reconciliation. That is the only takeaway message I can see.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

ending is so so. liked all the thoughts and actions by his daughters and concerning them as I am divorced and have daughters. Plus, the "stepdad" got to walk 1 down the aisle. Hurt so bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hard too read. Alcoholics are some of the worst.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What did his wife do to deserve a 2nd chance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He accelerated his drinking when discovering her infidelity with Greysom, her boss. Thr 30 minutes groping in the car made him pass out drunk. Bad combination for an alcoholic. I believ4 her when she affirms that she did not sleep.with Greyson prior to divorce papers signed. He had a PI watching them.fornsome time. Her request for a divorce was soon thereafter. Though wouldn't be surprised some fingering and handjobs (she is not a fan of blowjobs). Sounds like he swx life with Greyson was tame to mediocre and they split only a year after divorce. Mayne sooner. Her not telling the truth to her daughters is not conducive to reconciliation

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

He just sort of glossed over the fact his wife lied to his daughters about her role in the divorce. She waited two years, I think it was, after Greyson was out of the picture to try and reconnect? I call BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If she had turned into a fat angry drunk would the story be the same? Loyalty to a sexual relationship is more than just who you fuck

ManoBlueManoBlueabout 1 year ago

The daughters in your stories are trash

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Her lying to her daughters even two years after she kicked Greyson out for perving on her daughters is reprehensible and not consistent with reconciliation. Then again hid depression over the death of his father, his obesity, snd his descent into alcoholism pur major stress on their marriage. Of course she did the dishonorable thing of cutting and running, but pretty sure the author states as truth that she didn't have sex with Greyson until he signed the divorce papers. Ironically that his depression and bad cardiovascular health and drinking driver her to fool around and be seduced by Greyson, but hubby learns of her indiscretions from a PI, gets plastered and passes out in their house, for their daughters to see, and she took wkes this as the breaking point and decides to seek a divorce, but some of his behavior was because of her growing relationship and infidelities with Greyson. Terrible and sad feedback cycle. She quickly learned that Greyson was a real asshole, in less than a year.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He had a serious problem with alcohol and food. So his decisions played a big part in their divorce. Even after a little sex I don't see him taking her back, AT ALL! Can't let the little head make the decisions and during the entire story he seemed like a "fall-back" guy for her.

Jalibar62Jalibar629 months ago

Pickles in a Bloody Mary?? The horror!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The worst part of still the daughters. I can kind of see things from both sides. He entered a near death spiral of alcoholism and food addiction, refused counseling or exercise, didn't take his blood pressure meds because he got depressed when his father died. But it got much worse when he learned his loving wife was committing infidelities (emotional affair, lunches, making out) with a predator. On the other hand he did not listen to anything she begged to do, his personality completely changed, he was not capable of a sex life, cut himself off from his family with the alcoholism and depression, scared her to death that he was abiut to die of a heart attack or stroke, and was no longer remotely the man she loved for so many years, refusing any and ll help and being belligerent about it. He encased himself in pain and addictive behavior (alcohol, food) and was destroying their marriage. The predator seized on this and did the whole slow seduction and support, getting her to second base when everything broke. Because they did not communicate except through attorneys after she filed, ahe did not know why he passed out on the floor, and by then he was sure that she was f$cking the asshole, Greyson. Had they tried even a bit of counseling, her move to file might have shocked him to his senses and she would have realized that she accelerated his decline st the end. But if he is intent on destroying u ING himself, her wanting a divorce and needing emotional support is not unexpected or irrational. Could have been handled cleaner without falling prey to the predator's seduction and her cheating, seeing as an emotional affair is cheating, but again she was watching her husband kill himself slowly and asshole acted like a white knight. But the author through her maintains steadfastly that their was no adultery, no physical intercourse until after the filing. MC chooses not to believe it, but seems to fit the narrative. Yes the predator bagged her, but given her sad emotional state and self destruction marriage, she held out longer than most women would. It doesn't even sounds like shemarried Greyson. They were only together a year after the filing, before he showed his predatory ways. If that were all, I coukd see reconciliation, as he pulled himself out if the bottle, changed his diet, and his career, while she took joy with her daughters, but pining for her ex husband. Two years passed since graduation, right around the time she jettisoned Greyson. Where it all goes wrong is the kids. There his ex wife failed miserably. She did not tell them the truth of how she met Greyson, when, and that she was cheating with him (though not yet fully adulterous) before they left their father. Thr girls themselves had to see their father's self destructive behavior. So they coukd understand why their mother had to leave but not how Greyson fit into this and hence the big lie. A lie that shaped how he and his kids interacted for several years. However, the girls are old enough, being first in high school and then college, to figure out some things on their own. And clearly they wanted nothing to do with the father. Their mother's lie of her relationship with Greyson does not condone their shitty behavior towards their father even three years later. They are not 12 years old. So while this is well written and it is good to see him get his family back, there are two big issues: (a) her lie to her daughters and (b) the daughters being absolutely bitches who abandoned all contact with their father. I get foe the second one that the initial separation and divorce and his self destructive behavior would turn them off to seeing him. But doing that for three years. And even after seeing him changed? Nah. Not cool. If anything, I would take the ex back and tell the daughters to make do paying for the rest if their college by working, and then we can talk later. Yeah her big lie didn't help but it does not absolve the behavior of their kids. Both the MC and the ex wife were to blame in different ways for the divorce and their exile from each other. Btw why did she wait 2 years after Greyson departed? Maybe at high school graduation, the MC was still chubby, moping and drinking? Dunno. Not clear. And instead she only triggered contact on his 50th birthday. Well written. Definitely complex characterizations, 5 stars.

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

Agree with EvelZombie, sums it_to a 'T'3*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Can't blame the wife here for her infidelity, she needed support and love which was his job but after his father's dad, he headed to a downward spiral, the wife tried everything she could possibly think,but MC was just far down, no wonder she sought comfort elsewhere while I don't condone and support the wife behavior, it is logical. Yes his father's dad took a toll on him and he was depressed, but all the bad thing that happened was mostly his to blame,h e didn't seek out the help and support his wife tried to give and the predator seducing his wife just got the Right target

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly with the Anonymous commenter from 4 months ago with the comment starting with "The worst part of still the daughters...". I can undetermined why the marriage deteriorated and why the wife had ane emotional affair with the slowly seducing predator. I can understand why the MC is devastated by what he sees as a horrible betrayal without examining his own role in the demise of his marriage. I can see how both made critical errors in both the divorce and their self imposed exile from one another despite loving each other deeply. But cannot understand the daughter or why the wife lied about when and how she hooked up with Greyson. The daughters were absolute b$tches and old enough to figure out things on their own. They burned the father, chose the mother, then the reveal of the predator lasting after the daughters, and yet somehow the daughters helped enforce the two years of detente post graduation. The wife felt she was justified in exiting the relationship without knowing she contributed directly to his final stages of implosion before she filed divorce. But she lied both by omission and by full falsehoods that she met Greyson after the divorce filing. That really is incongruous with her character. Was she afraid? Guilty? Why maintain the pretense when she sees her daughters treat her ex like crap. Everything else was well constructed and very well portrayed with complex characterizations, but the lie by the ex wife about her role and timing with Greyson and the daughters and how they act so poorly, it takes some of the bite out of the story. Guess the author put themselves in a corner. Otherwise this was a clear 5 stars.

MasterKoteMasterKote4 months ago

Wow just like that he takes her back.. Should've made her really work for it and she did not at all but give him sex..

MVarroMVarro4 months ago

Way better tan it’s rating 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hmm. Too easy for her. An affair is an affair, be it physical or emotional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sounds like he pulled out of the marriage and family first. Sometimes men need to be alone to pull their heads out of their asses. When I left the army I hated everything almost as much as I hated myself. I wasn't fit for a marriage much less a family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

seemed incomplete

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 month ago

Story was OK, but I found some of the comments to be more entertaining. The one I really liked was some anonymous (of course) diatribe about: he should have done this and she should have done that and the kids should have done something else. What crap! if these were perfect people doing the things they should have done, they wouldn't have been in the pickle they were in. Like all of us, this talks about flawed people doing the best they can. If we don't like it we should write our own tales. 4*

NallusNallusabout 1 month ago

I really like the story and easily gave it a five.

I like the very real emotions and interactions of the people.

Monitor your inconsistencies. He was outside smoking a cigar. Then he bumps a picture behind him, and there was something else in there that did not have setting consistency.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories