All Comments on 'Letters to Corwin'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

Where was this supposed to be heading? There's a lot of horror, but you're not telling us anything that would show the identity of the creature that Ellie has transformed into. 🤔 A succubus maybe? Too much mystery and not enough clues or answers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story is littered with inaccurate terms that affect readability, not to mention the standard problems with sentence structure, punctuation, and typos. A selection:

"you have always called me old fashion" should read "you have always called me *old-fashioned*"

"what could be more so that a letter" should read "what could be more so *than* a letter"

"my brother of another mother" should read "my brother *from* another mother"

"I have been insured" should read "I have been *assured*"

There are only two named characters, and the author managed to misspell one of them - the one whose name is in the title. "Why Cowin are you not here?" The volume of these errors is what makes them problematic, and they could have easily been resolved with proofreading.

I agree with ScottishTexan questioning where the story is supposed to be headed. The story feels incomplete, like we've only gotten some of the letters, and the letters we've been given don't have enough relevant information to hold up the plot or lead us anywhere.

Telling the story through letters is creative and fun. The premise has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, as the story currently stands, that potential has not been met.

larrys3dlarrys3dover 1 year ago

This was both funny and entertaining!!!

Your work has been missed for far too long! Please tell us you're back for a time?

Looking forward to more stories, from one of my favorite writers.

DarkRaven13DarkRaven13over 1 year ago

I thought that was a great piece of writing. The correspondence style narrative kept the story moving along, becoming more sinister to great effect.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous