All Comments on 'Liars, the Lot of Them!'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Somwhow almost always a vanilla passivness running through stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

Regarding the "deleted" comment about the reader being made stupider from reading the story. The original comment, which IS still there, said that their IQ was lowered. Same difference.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

"I never realized what was happening with it, until he told you that you were being excluded at the last minute." - She didn't notice when she was booking Bill Baxter and Katy into a luxury cabin and not Andy?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Could have been a good story, really lousy summary-type ending didn't work at all. Pretty much just a pathetic story. No real accountability on the perpetrators, the ex-husband or the father-in-law. No retribution on the pathetic excuse for a 'wife'.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

Darkness86Darkness8610 months ago

Great story although could've been a bit longer and Andy should've used different words when talking to his wife glad Clare divorced Marvin

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good, creative story. No wimpy thinking or ambiguous thoughts, the MC immediately launched into lining up his future.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not bad. But it lacks emotions. *****

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not enough crying, wailing, smoking craters, and blood running in the streets.

Buster2UBuster2U10 months ago

A Big 10 Big Blazing Stars to our Writer Matt. Good Job MB, Great Idea, Great writing, Great Story. I loved that Andy did well when he left. He got 10 million and great counseling. Andy's Ex got totally Burned, The Judge was Great! What a sleazy family to be married into! He is better off without them. Buster2U

vanyevanye9 months ago

Wonder how the daughters were affected

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

Well written, thanks for this. Quite an amazing woman, fil, daughters, they all need long term therapy. LOL

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

At least he achieved a new actual marriage and family and the cheating, lying scum got burned.

Diecast1Diecast19 months ago

Nice story, bit tame at the end though. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A well written tale that held the reader’s interest.

Thought that the 5 mil recovered by MC was relatively light. Regardless of MIL’s influence on him being granted shares of stock, MC’s position and contribution to the company would have been evidenced by the increasing value of said stock, largely the result of MC’s work, and earned him an amount exceeding the 5 mil recovery.

QuintiusQuintius9 months ago
Interesting premise, flawed execution

I liked the idea behind this story very much. Long-term, on again, off again cheating aided and abetted by a wealthy father-in-law / employer is a really interesting set up. There's issues with it, of course, as it's a bit on the unbelievable side that Andy got sent on so many work trips without any real cause yet didn't get suspicious, but it's not story-breaking. Andy's reaction was relatable and I liked that, even though he was numbed by the hurt and betrayal he felt, he didn't let it paralyze or disable him. He took action and didn't second guess his decision once made. In that regards the first half of the story was very enjoyable.

The real problems came in the latter half of the story. I'd say once Andy went to the Private Investigators the rest of the entire rest of the narrative became dialed in and rushed, which is a really great shame. There was tremendous potential in this story for dramatic confrontations but it was all allowed to fall flat. There was no real catharsis for all the built up tension over the beginning of the story, so everything feels very unemotional and clinical. The courtroom scenes felt like they had a lot going for them but they were mostly used to illustrate how delusional Katy's mindset was. With all the money her father possessed they couldn't afford a more effective lawyer than Foster? The author also makes a very tedious decision in telling the readers what the outcome of things are right off instead of showing us during the course of the narrative, e.g. "(Which eventually earned Andy $5 million in compensation.)". This is an incredibly boring writing style and, if I may say so, quite lazy. There was no real confrontation between Andy and his in-laws which left a feeling of dissatisfaction given how badly they'd hurt him. It's a shame because I felt as though his sadness and loneliness was well represented earlier in the story. In the same vein, his eventual recovery and movement into a better life was short changed as well. Julia's magically got a hot sister who just got divorced and even though they decide to take it easy she tells him sometime in the first few dates that she wants to have children with him? Uh, OK. Way too fast.

The biggest tragedy in this whole story was the lack of closure between himself and his step-children. His pleasure in being a father was illustrated several times over the course of the story and his sense of betrayal from them was felt most keenly. He not wanting to talk to them was understandable but they not reaching out to him in some capacity was a criminal oversight. They were over 18 by the end of the story, more than old enough to want to talk to him and at least try to explain or express their feelings for him. Did they, though? Nope, nothing. Just... not good writing. Not believable or interesting.

I didn't rate this story as I feel as though giving it the 2 or 3 stars it wound up being would contribute to others not reading it. For the premise alone I feel as though it's worth looking over. It's just a shame it didn't live up to its potential. Lots of info dumping, no where near enough dialogue or dramatic satisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Would have liked to see the twins repentant and trying to repair their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The conversation with Kathy’s mother Claire after the divorce and the continued relationship ruins the story. While the twins knew of Kathy’s cheating and helped cover they were children when it started and after being manipulated at a young age growing up they would think it normal. Claire is an adult that was fully aware of everything that was happening and objected but did not do anything to stop it or even make an effort to inform Andy, Ashe is just as guilty as Kathy, Bill, and Marvin.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why is he ok with his ex MIL? She never said a thing though she knew the awful conspiracy going on. Uggh.

Hblack00Hblack008 months ago

I think the girls should be forgiven. Age and was he sure they knew Billy was going on the cruise?

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

Ok first off u know ur writing on a porn site? That being said, I never heard this before "cum-restaurant" what is this. Is it a restaurant the serves cum. Going to go look this up

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

The mil thing was one meeting where she apologized. The rest he learned through social media. It was established the twins did know and helped cover it

WrickettsWricketts8 months ago

Needs a part two. What happened with the twins?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Three stars. Far too narrative driven.

JPB

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
Found

Found the ending a bit rushed.

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

I liked this one, it flowed for me, made sense in a way some don't,

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it , would a person be as stupid as to think their spouse would put up with being the second fiddle probably not is the story’s till entertaining You bet your arse it is. Given the situation the husband did the right thing , 5 stars ,

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The conversation between characters was badly done. No one talks like they're delivering a lecture...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good

Caught and divorced

No wimpy response

4 Stars as a btb needed

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Great story Matt! Sorry I didn't catch it when it came out. Better late than never! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Best I can give it us a 3. It's missing payback on Bill and no final reactions/regrets from the twins.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire6 months ago

Hi, Matt, I enjoyed this story and felt for Andy throughout it. Katy's actions were expected based on the category but the girls' betrayal hurt even more in my mind because Andy tried to be a good father to him; when they were little, they might be excused for following Mom's orders but as they got bigger and learned right and wrong, they made their own choice to go wrong and go along with their mom's scheme. The story accelerated near the end but I thought that was good in that it allowed Andy to get closure and you to make the deadline for the event! Thanks for writing and participating.

RimmerdalRimmerdal5 months ago

Just another wimp husband needing many weeks of therapy.

mfj77mfj775 months ago

Must agree with other; the ending was too rushed, needed more discussion about the children. Find it hard to believe that 5 year olds could keep such a secret. So at what age were the girls introduced to their bio-dad? Girls could have been given some forgiveness because of their youth. And there was very little if any retribution on the father-in-law. Still a good story where the "good guy" at least escapes in the end.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

I found the ending to be unsatisfying and rushed. It didn't feel like closure and was summarized after an entire story of pain. It doesn't pay to yadda yadda the good parts. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sick people thank God Andy left the filth behind. Whore wife is too common in this age its a damn shame.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

A big 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Rushed ending. Not enough pain for the former family.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

Damn the wife was stupid no judge would have ordered something like that even if they could legally do so and her lawyer was just as stupid trying to say the prenup was only if he cheated and not her also even if the judge was corrupt and ordered no legitimate counselor would have agreed to take it

tiredandoldtiredandold3 months ago

Would have been nice to hear how the stepdaughters lives were affected.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Unless the girls are mentally retarded then no kid would go along with that. They want the love and affection that a father would give them and not a pair of part time fathers who they wouldn’t see for years at a time.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story although I do feel bad about his 2 'step' daughters (if you can call them that without a legal adoption). In a way they thought their life was normal having 2 fathers and they were trained from young by their mother & probably their grandfather not to say anything to their mother;s husband....lol....other husband. WHEW! Confusing at beat!! lol Oh well, all ends well it seems, at least for the underdog.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 months ago

That’s really messed up.

tangoperutangoperuabout 1 month ago

I'd like to know what happened to the twins.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 1 month ago

Silly, pretentious and beggars belief! That a taffy should try to out-brag a Clinton or try to trump a Trump "is all"! No!" said the judge, firmly. "That's not going to fly.. ..Mrs Northern, I see that there is a prenuptial agreement in place, in which the house, which is owned by the company, remains with Mrs Masters and that Mrs Masters, due to an infidelity clause, keeps only 15% of the marital assets." Duh!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A bit too much narration, as opposed to dialogue. Also, the ending lacked development. Overall, a pretty good tale. Four stars from me.

JPB NOT BOB

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

Narcissistic people in this story, sheesh! They are downright delusional! Loved the story. Many of us guys go along in life doing what is right to the best of our abilities. We get married and just assume our wives will be loving, caring, good mothers and faithful. I think most of that is in the marriage vows. I still can't figure why the vows are not legally enforceable. You actually need a prenup or a postnup and signed by both parties. So the question is, isn't that what happens when you get married, you both sign the marriage license, right? Oh well, my poor old brain is tired, but it sure feels good to read a good BTB story. I was victim after 13 years................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Had potential but it felt like u were stating facts almost

NicealloverNicealloverabout 1 month ago

Strange story about a family that is betraying their step dad. It lacks the emotional turmoil that I would have expected. Furthermore, it’s hard to believe that children could keep a secret like that from their father.

silverthorne16silverthorne16about 1 month ago

What would have been icing on the cake would have been the lover dying in a freak accident in the Antarctic, so the wife ended up having zero husbands!

mndhanson017mndhanson01728 days ago

Yeah, kind of missed out on Katy and the twins, how they were coping with the divorce

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

The MC should keep watching his “daughters”. Every time they date, send him a message explaining how they condoned their mother’s adultery. See how long it takes for them to be sorry when the only guys who come around are gold diggers!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Difficult to rate the plot development very highly due to the blatantly illogical behavior of the main characters--all of them. It is also not to be believed that the wife's multi-millionaire FATHER would not have sprung for the very best attorney to serve his daughter (and himself) but instead hired mediocre legal talent.

But the composition quality was decent, so # 3 overall.

MLJ

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later