All Comments on 'Liars, the Lot of Them!'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
HargaHarga10 months ago

Two major problems with this story are the twins and the family owned company. Bill as their father would have rights to see them with scheduled visitations. Trying to keep this secret would have been completely impossible. 15 year-olds just cannot keep that kind of secret. There is also the fact that a number of people within the company would have figured out what was going on a long time ago.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

Harvard makes a point in his comment which is valid. In a 15 year period, something would have slipped out or a disgruntled employee would have outed the owner. I don’t fully agree that every child would slipped and exposed the cheating, because if sufficiently bribed very intelligent children might have kept it hidden. My impression of Bill is that he probably wasn’t worried about seeing his kids (he did abandon them initially), but was glad to have sex with the ex when it was convenient for him. This one still gets 5 stars because it is substantially better than most of what shows in the Loving Wife category these days.

CagivagurlCagivagurl10 months ago

5 stars for a great... Irony, ain't it a bitch... Almost as bad as karma..

Cagivagurl

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Enjoyable story! I don't remember a story with this scenario.

5

BigfundrewBigfundrew10 months ago

I was good and grooving on the story until I read "cum-restaurant".

I literally lol'd and then was too distracted the rest of the story to fully appreciate what I was reading.

Story was good though!

I would have like to see more of the reaction from the rest of the family.

tangoperutangoperu10 months ago

Incomplete. We need to know what the daughters did and thought.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim9910 months ago

No same lawyer would have brought up behavior therapy as a means to stop a divorce.

JBEdwardsJBEdwards10 months ago

It's a ridiculous premise -- two husbands for 15 years -- but I liked and enjoyed the story anyway. 5*~~JB Edwards

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Some of the story does not hold well. We start with the story being "past 20 or so years." Given that the twin girls were 2 years old when Andy met Katy, that would mean that the girls were already about 22 years old at the time of the cruise. Story, however, seems to make them out to be young. The twins should have been making their own overtures, and not depending on mommy.

Author notes that female lawyers are addressed as "Esq." But no lawyer to my knowledge has ever introduced themselves as "my name is Mary Northern Esq.” The court proceedings were totally contrived.

Also, perhaps Andy had $10 million in stock, but was was all marital property, and, in any event, stock options (which is what this had to have been) cannot be converted to cash that quickly.

If Claire could take early retirement, how could her younger sister be of child-bearing age.

secretsalsecretsal10 months ago

A little low on emotion for such a thorough betrayal. On one hand, I appreciate the lack of histrionics, but on the other, it gets a little flat overall. Funny courtroom scenes, though.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

A new twist, thanks. I’m glad he was able to find a better woman and have his own kids.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight10 months ago

This story had the type of ending readers look for. The husband came out of the situation better than ever. Not so the cheating wife. Thanks for posting.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

One thing you left out that would have been inevitable was the publicity of the whole affair. This is the thing that news agencies would swoop down on. A woman keeping two separate but equal husband is not something you could hope to keep quiet. Whether that would hurt the father in law's business would be a matter of conjecture but he would definitely have been known as a bastard for his involvement. Still 4 stars.

stev2244stev224410 months ago

Great LW plot, well written, feel good ending. Easy 5*

SlithyToveSlithyTove10 months ago

Ok setup, but the completely ludicrous court scenes took it too far into the absurd.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

The problem with divorce stories when there are young children involved is always the welfare of the children. The author did a great job of getting around that problem by making the girls complicit in the lies and cheating. Good writing!

hindsight2020hindsight202010 months ago

4*

Would have liked a better wrap up. The stepdaughters were sort of glossed over. That was a relationship which needed more.

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

One comment on Andy's stock. These days companies give out stock grants as part of their compensation ( usually senior managers). They usually vest over a 3 year period, so if this year he got 300 shares, starting Jan 1 next year he would get 100 shares, 100 next year then the final 300. Once vested they are his. It is taxable income so when they vest either he pays the taxes or they sell some of the shares to pay for them. He could sell them online, 3 days later he would have the money.

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

So, he had access to all the hundreds of millions keeping that family afloat and he did nothing?

I'd have damaged their company beyond all repair, burned down their houses and fled with as much money as possible to a non extradition country

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting how some people think that they can get away with certain evils. Its sad for the twins; but the wife and father-in-law deserve their just punishment. What does Baxter think about the current events?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Congratulations on your writing ✍️ this very enjoyable read. I love reading your stories. Thank you.

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

As usual a good story and well written. Yes the twins are an issue especially their ability to keep this under wraps as young children for so many years. I'm also surprised that Daddy didn't fund a better lawyer for his over indulged daughter. I loved that it had a realistic ending where the MC had happily moved on without grinding his ex-wife into dust.

LJA644LJA64410 months ago

Loved the story. I also like that you used cuckold and wittol.

Off to read blackrandl's offering now.

Les

Corny1974Corny197410 months ago

Excellent. I loved this. Matt Black, you are truly one of the best. 5 stars.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

An enjoyable story, l must say though that the main characters had no real substance to them. They came across as cartoon cutouts.

That said l did enjoy the tale, it was quite tongue in cheek

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too bad Katy & her dad didn't get run over by a Mack truck! Otherwise, pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Holy crap, you're really, really proud of that 'separate but equal husbands' phrase, aren't you?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

While the story has a few flaws, I like it enough to award give stars. The result for Andy was ideal.

JPB

offkilter123offkilter12310 months ago

Reading this story lowered my IQ.

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
Interesting

Take.

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Well written it means a lot to me when a writer takes the time to do it wright

And What if: what if the judge got hit by the Martian slut ray..? Denied the divorce, ordered mandatory counseling, split all the money

kirei8kirei810 months ago

Liked the story in general but, again, not even close to enough payback for the dastardly deeds done to him. No emotional payback either.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The judge's actions and reactions were utterly ridiculous. No judge is going to utter the term "cuckold" in their court room. No lawyer is as stupid as Foster is. The MC's emotions were also very flat. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Would have been nice to know what happened with the bitches. The lot of them. Still a 5 though

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A great concept, well told and most importantly a suitably delusional cheating wife who appears to be under the influence of magic mushrooms but what spoiled it for me was the courtroom scene where the two 'husbands' were referred to as 'Billy' and 'Andy' and the presiding judge used the term 'BS'. Certainly not in any courtroom I've ever visited ( I work in an enforcement role and occasionally have to attend court in connection with my job). Still, a solid four stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 months ago

I liked the story, all the way to the very end, but to be honest, I didn't like that part of it because it seemed Iike a rush to get to 'happily ever after'. I'm glad he found a new love and was able to have his own children with hwr.

But since it wasn't my story, I won't try to put my head on your shoulders to change it to what I would want in the ending, and gave it 5 stars.

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months agoAuthor

To the reader who claims that he is now more stupid than he was before? Sorry, sir. There's nothing I can do for you.

6King6King10 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

des911des91110 months ago

Rest assured, if I am more stupid than I was before, your story is not to blame :)

Nice story. Thank you. An interesting take on the usual cheating/betrayal; in some ways, so much worse for the innocent spouse. You dealt with that well. The ending did feel a bit rushed, to be honest. I could have managed to read a bit more about the aftermath of the main story.

demanderdemander10 months ago

A good story. BUT....no way Andy could have gone 15 years without knowing. He's not presented as a complete idiot. D

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6610 months ago

Just brilliant! 5 stars.

ReaderectionReaderection10 months ago

The premise doesn’t really hold up with the daughters. To adopt he would have needed the father’s consent, not just the mother’s. And the father was paying child support. Either he would have had some contact from that, or if he appeared to have no contact at all that would have been worth mentioning.

slowhand21slowhand2110 months ago

I’m not a violent man. Haven’t been in a fight since I was 12 years-old, but her father would have received a sound beating some dark night.

tonyneatotonyneato10 months ago

Very Nice Story of a shitty family. 5 Stars !

ForensicFossilForensicFossil10 months ago

Weak Ending

After the whole piece it would have been nice to hear from the twins. In a way their point of view would be the most interesting. I understand the author's position that it is Andy's attitude that matters, and in effect the girls' view was stated by others, but some creativity could have been exercised in exploring their point of view.

TechumsahTechumsah10 months ago

Great writing as usual expected to hear more from the daughters unless well they did not really care and it was just talk from the wife. 5*

linnearlinnear10 months ago

That was brutal what happened to Andy, i m glad he found out but damn, 15yrs of that.

Moonbat74Moonbat7410 months ago

Good story, agree with others the twins story could have been teased out. Would have been nice to see Katy get a bit more Karma too. Like being committed to a nut house!

rodryder44rodryder4410 months ago

A twisted tale of two husbands and one wife

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Yay! A great story considering the happy end for the main character. Well deserved 5 stars. The only thing that could make this story slightly better would have been for the cuntface to find out billy boy was cheating on her continuously and for her to kill him in a fit of jealous rage. Since she didn't really suffer all that much damage (financially, she doesn't care, having a super rich daddy; personally, she can fuck around till her loverboy is back, and her asswipe daughters are on her side). Not having MC to kick in the balls is of course an inconvenience but not that much of a loss from her standpoint.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

@anon - Foster the lawyer isn't stupid. He just got paid to argue an unwinnable, stupid case and tried to make best of that task. He's admittedly not the sharpest lawyer in the box given his statement was self-contradictory, but aside from that one mistake, he simply had no case to argue, at least in front of any judge with half a brain who doesn't hate men (the latter category is one that sadly most "family" court judges in USA fall into). And if he was luckyish and got a more frequent type of man hating judge, he didn't even need to put in any effort at all.

kencorokencoro10 months ago

"...the girls are young.."

What?

Even @Just_Words was caught by this.

When Andy met Katy, the twins were around 2years old. Married a year later, then after a few years 'reconciled' with Bill. And they estimate the affair lasted 15 years. Accoding to the opening though, it was 20 years of lies which means there's 5 years between Bill left and return.

This means the twins are more than 17 years old, or referring to the very 1st line they are 22 years old when they were exposed.

They are not young, yet they were written and referred to as if they were teenage girls.

22 is adult age.

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Good story! 5 stars from here!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Based on long experience, the word 'cuckold' would never be uttered in a divorce action unless it was a material part of the divorce action. This would likely be where the wife's counsel disputed infidelity based on the couple's participation in a mutually consensual "cuckold" fetish lifestyle, thus the husband condoned the infidelity. As used here, both attorneys would've been told to "approach the bench." These terms have no legal basis or understanding except as they apply to an ongoing lifestyle, mental illness, or online behavior. The hypnotherapy sub-plot was ridiculous to the nth degree. The cuckold angle here was almost like OP was pandering to the reader who expects that sort of allusion... or possibly it's because you're British? The rest of the story was excellent.

TuxPTuxP10 months ago

A good story. It seemed a bit quick after the actual divorce though.

The author missed an opportunity for creative chaos by not describing the social media circus such a case would generate. Along the lines of the Johnny Depp case, this would be huge, especially with a wife who doesn't seem to think she did anything wrong.

Finally, I normally wouldn't be this picky but since the author and commenters already raised the subject: the word is "esquire" and is pronounced as such. "Esq." is an abbreviation. The term refers to a law school graduate who has also passed the bar. It's used almost exclusively in written correspondence (e.g., a letter addressed to "John Smith, Esq."). Mary's introduction would start with something like, "Mary Northern, your honor, counsel for Mr. Masters."

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

Damn, it would be hard walking away from the twins but more than justified. It sometimes gets to me when the dad forgives the kids and all is well with them. In some respects, betrayal by your kids is worse than by a spouse. This was a great tale. 5 stars.

ibuguseribuguser10 months ago

Good story but read like a user's manual.

stan234499stan23449910 months ago

Nice story except for the ending g. Too rushed

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Schizophrenic characters, all with absolutely no consequences. Horrible story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Started out interesting enough but then just got silly and predictable

Hblack00Hblack0010 months ago

Actually the premise does hold as to adoption. Because the mother never agreed, it never got to the point of involving the absent father. Hell, I could see Billy agreeing to the adoption, dropping child support and laughing as he had the best of both worlds. A family supported by someone else.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yuck

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I struggle to give credence to the premise of this story. Andy seems intelligent enough and the idea of 15 years of the ruse is not plausible. Also the whole story seemed a bit rushed and somewhat disorganized. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So much unrealistic and unbelievable, to be just a little bit funny. Difficult to say who was much stupid, the husband or the wife ? Brainless both.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Would have liked to see what might have happened if the twins dared to show up in Florida a few years after his remarriage 😎

.

Otherwise, a very entertaining rendition of the “stupid as fuck and clinically selfish wife” trope.

.

5 *****

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

No nitpicking, just enjoying another great story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good & interesting story. Well written. However, nothing written how the girls took the divorce, or what happened to his lawsuit against his ex-father-in-law & the company. Maybe a short part 2??? 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Simple resolution: send Katy and the twins to spend the next 4 years with Bill. Send warm clothes!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

To the reader with the lower IQ- if that's the case amazing you remember how to breathe

PowersworderPowersworder10 months ago

"Cassandra and Emily were no longer his daughters"

They never were. Even if the wife and ex-husband had agreed to let him adopt, they still wouldn't be his kids... his genetic legacy.

-

It was a good story, but I found it hard to be sympathetic with the husband. He willingly agreed to be the beta male ATM and raise another man's daughters. Why was it such a big shock that the girls knew about their mother's adultery and said nothing? Kids usually want their divorced parents to get back together. I doubt either of the girls gave much of a shit that he left. Their real father had always been an active part of their lives.

-

The fact that the wife never gave him kids of his own shows what a farce their marriage was.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The story was both unique and highly implausible, with the author’s strong writing skills pulling the reader along.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

I would presume that he would soon notice that there was no pressing business. "But that there had been no valid reason for him to have remained in the office." - They had to know that that would alert him, even if he wasn't told about the lying about the booking.

\

"I've worked so hard throughout all these years to keep Andy and Bill separate but equal husbands in my life!" - \

Why does he need a PI? He already has the proof of the booking. Yes, there's the detail of her "two husbands," but he doesn't know about that.

\

Why does he even need to work? $10 million from the sale of his stock, $5 million from his settlement, plus they must have significant savings.

\

@tabgoperu, no, we don't need to know anything about the girls. They made their choice when they went along with the deception, however they feel now is of no consequence.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Damn good idea for a story. Maybe more thoughts later but why is a man w 15 mil+ working? Managing that money should be more than enough of a job.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Eh, where is the rest of the story? The last "section" us extremely hurried.

vanyevanye10 months ago

Hard to believe that the girls wouldn't have spilled the beans at some point in the fifteen years. Other than that, decent story.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

"To the reader who claims that he is now more stupid than he was before? Sorry, sir. There's nothing I can do for you."

.

There is NO comment that makes the above claim. The author couldn't help the commenter, but he could help himself by removing unfavorable reviews. Which he has done with that one and at least one other. Good for the old image, eh?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Only "adder" I can think of is the sale of $10 million in stock from a senior executive of a modest sized company (and departure) would have tanked the company stocks, further making Marvin's life miserable. 4.7*

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months agoAuthor

Deepender, that comment, plus someone else referring to it, is STILL there. I haven't deleted it.

Cringo31Cringo3110 months ago

A good but sad tale. Enjoyed this one.

012Say012Say10 months ago

Great fun! I don’t know why but many I the comments offend me. There are a couple hundred stories posted here each day. It may be different in other countries, but in the US we are forced to read none of them. I start more stories than I finish, the ones I finish I do so because they entertain me. Why anyone reads and then nitpicks or derides escapes me. Well done 5 from me.

kage440kage44010 months ago
Great Story

Great story but finished up too quickly, It needs at least another page to adequately tie up all the loose ends.

Omart57Omart5710 months ago

Very, very good, Matt! Thank you!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart10 months ago

4 stars story, kinda fell off towards the end. Would have liked a bit more to maybe show on the promise of him seeing the twins again and maybe some comeuppance on Katy and Bill along with the romance of Sonya. Could have been an entire separate chapter of the story in itself showing his healing and moving on with his new love, even some drama with his former daughters meeting his new children, seeing that they've been replaced and erased from their father's life for their betrayal. The wife was interesting in a deluded sort of way, completely self centered to the point of attempting to get the court to force her husband to accept being cuckolded.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

Lucky fella, someone had his back.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave it a average grade 3

You just can't get stocks sold that quick.

10 mil is a very large value/ number of stocks owned by one employee.

This seemed a stretch compared to real life.

I like to grade in the 4 or 5 cat. This story I couldn't -

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What dribble

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I question why the phrase or statement of "equal husbands" was not challenged. I mean he had the role of supporting the family etc (I know, she was rich already) while the other guy just enjoyed the sex and fun. That is not equal. Billy boy had no responsibilities at all. He sent (allegedly) a support check. That's it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think the story is finished. He divorced the cheating wife and her family. He started a new business, has at least 15 million pounds invested, found himself a pretty, younger wife and had two children. Kate lost the two "husbands", although she really only had one, the other was a user and a dreamer looking only after himself and his career. At the end, Kate is alone and maybe she finds company, but she will never find love for she only loves herself. What else do you want? To know Andy lived 154 years like old Thomas Parr? Better, let's have a drink of Grand Old Parr scotch neat... and move on.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

@MattblackUK: Having read every comment twice before posting mine and having done so once again, I repeat that there is NO refence to "more stupid" anywhere in those comments. There is a comment about having one's IQ lowered. Almost everyone knows that there is no relationship between "IQ" and "stupid". "Dumb" is when a person does something because they don't know any better. "Stupid" is knowing better, but doing it anyway. "Crazy" is knowing better, doing it anyway, and not caring. "IQ" is an arbitrary number derived from test NOT of how much a person knows, but (supposedly) of a person's ability to think critically. I am sure that you are familiar with persons of high IQ who are stupid as hell. The person that also referenced "stupid" posted AFTER you so it is logical to assume that he picked it up from you as he could not have seen it in any other place.

.

Don't you agree that if you're going to call someone out you should at least be accurate and quote them correctly?

AmbivalenceAmbivalence10 months ago

Funny thing is, if the daughters were "trained" to think their mom having two ACTIVE husbands was "normal" it's not likely that it could have gone on for fifteen years before becoming common knowledge.

Why would they refrain from talking about it with their friends who would eventually talk to other people and eventually likely be heard by adults/parents who would spread it more...

I can't imagine this kind of thing making it into the girls being teens...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Egregious lies. Wifey is guilty of believing her own press releases. I loved the happy ending.

Ed

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite10 months ago

A contrived cliché. Boring too. Not erotic.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Where's the fucking payback in the cheating bitch wife, her asshole father, her complacent slut mother and ungrateful bastard daughters!!

WRITTEN BY A FUCKING WIMP

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I get the anger from the btb crowd. I also like a good btb, but I am ok with other solutions, providing it meets one criteria- It’s in the best interests of the ex husband. Why? Because regardless of what you think of your friends especially, and family probably, they always do what’s in their best interests. But my problem with this story is it just was not believable. For one thing, His in-laws, step daughters and wife would all have to do a perfect job of deceiving him for 15 years. Also, most , if not all men, would react negatively to his in-laws or bosses, controlling his personal life. So, although I enjoyed reading this story, I didn’t believe it. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The four year photo shoot is a big stretch. I also don't like that this kept him sheltered from any revenge.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT10 months ago

That started out like a really grest plot-idea, but for me everything after the discovery was just too ... distant, I gutes you could say. Not "feelable" enough.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

People die in the antarctic all the time.......just saying. As for the whore and her minnie mes'. May they all reap what they have sown. Absolutely non a single shred of concern for them or their well being. May they all rot in hell.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy10 months ago

A bit abrupt ending (no slight BTB) but did get the whole story across. Obviously has No plans of speaking to the former kids. I would think that would devastate the kids in many ways - the story stated he was the main parent for them when they were growing up. I would think they would put a lot of anger back at their mother for causing them to lose both fathers. Just my thoughts to add to the story! As the author stated for Andy’s view the past is gone and he is Not looking back on what never had it is all forward with his new life. Overall I was entertained.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later