Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
slimvslimvover 3 years ago

First of all, I love the story from beginning to end. What is it? 14 chapters and growing? Some chapters are action. Some are thoughtful. Some are transitional. They all have their purpose. I think it is safe to say this chapter summarizes the younger Tom's questions about what he is looking for in a "life partner", whether it be temporary or permanent. It asks the age old question of if I had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of my life, what would it be? If I had to choose one woman to be with for the rest of my life, would I want her to represent insatiable sex or a rewarding emotional relationship?

So, we have Tom, who at 22 years old is asking this question about the 50 year old woman of his dreams. So, in this chapter Tom asks the question. In this chapter, Angelina doesn't ask it. I hope she asks the question in the next chapter.

For those of you who are only looking for the sex, be patient or skip to the end of the chapter. Even that event comes with questions and is a coming of age experience for Tom, although it's somewhat lonely experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous