All Comments on 'Life and Times of a Priestess Ch. 18 Pt. 02'

by kurtrellians

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I was really enjoying this story but the last several chapters not only include little literotica but have slowed to less than a crawl. The characters seem flat with no interesting qualities or experiences to share. It really seems there is no direction that the story is taking so wandering aimlessly with no end in sight. Bummer. I kept hoping something would happen to bring some life into it but alas another chapter just wandering through her thoughts that have been repeated much too often at this point.

kurtrellianskurtrelliansover 4 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous, thanks for your comment and taking the time to read so much of my long novel. I am pleased you enjoyed the earlier sections. I do understand what you are saying. It is quite a rambling and repetitive novel/series. I actually wrote it around 20 years ago now, but have been editing and often improving as I post sections onto literotica. I did originally think I might try to cut sections down, but have been enjoying rereading and letting it be read. Cutting it down would be difficult, but would surely make it less repetitive and more exciting or readable.

The later chapters in Dumis are repeating ideas and formulas, but do contain pleasant sex scenes. Chapters 17 and 18 do contain a lot of political, anti war and anti capitalist 'morality', probably too much, but I didn't really want to write a novel that was purely about sex and nothing else. The novel is about the clash of cultures, and a society that is based on very different social, sexual, and economic rules to our own.

There are still a few chapters to go but not too many. I do round the novel off with one or too more surprises, and some conclusions. There are certainly more sex scenes to come, including the next chapter. Ch.20 and Ch.21 are a departure from what we have seen, with Danella exploring the downsides of Prancirian life with the prostitutes, although it is a long time since I read those sections so I will have to see what I think about them as we go. I would say if you are finding certain parts repetitive or dull, do skip forward if you like. You may well find some sections more to your taste than others.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous