All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 29'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Looking into the face of death

Oh my gosh. Cael is going to commit the M word with Hana? Jormo will not take to that I fear. Cael is trying to save his buisnesses though. Wow so much to think about here. Anthrax spread on a near genocideal level. Dark, Dark days ahead.

Another winner of a chapter. Thank you FS.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
A major jar of Whoops

Cael now is in a deep s...t . The E&S already started the offensive, he can't stop that . The federales will not be happy when they read the flash drive, and this is the smaller problem .

Ooh, the reaction of Amazons when they learn Cael is engaged , Whoops .

Amazons: You what ? Engaged and want to be married with an outsider ? Bitch the hunting seasons is open !

Cael: I just paid some debts !

Amazons : The hunt is starting in 3, 2,1 ...Go get him !

pariah001pariah001over 9 years ago

Hahaha the married life and Cael should be a fun adventure to read about. So many Mistresses to bring to the marriage. The Rhada dynamic was a very good read by the way. The relationship dynamic there was hot is the easiest way to say it. Thanks for the constant chapters FinalStand!

HibernisHibernisover 9 years ago
Good as ever but hard to see C surviving any engagement!

Only questions of what's next: is anthrax contagious? I didn't think it was...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All-American Novel Checklist

- Injuns, Nazis, Russians, Arabs, Chinese?

Check, Chinese.

- Horatio Alger story?

Check, from college graduate to $237,000/yr plus benefits.

- Purity Contract?

Check, 84 days without sex.

- Militarism and gun fetish?

Check, armory has everything from nerf gun to neutron bomb.

- Disbelief Suspenders?

Check, snapped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a commenting virgin

The first half with Rada with sexy, deep and all kinds of funny. It was just fantastic. Then you had to go on to the second half and leave me with chills. The moral choices and the compromises he has to go to for his family (those people we're close to) and his people. Im looking forward to the next chapters to see how he deals with everything and (hopefully) overcomes them :D.

Over_RedOver_Redover 9 years ago

Blew the previous chapter out of the water. I was getting sick of Shammy whining at everything she found offensive.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
when you stare into the Abyss...

A short but intense chapter. That reveals much and none of it is good news.

For any Power armed with nuclear weapons, the only appropriate answer to being attacked by megadeath level WMD's, is to launch an all out retaliation.

The only thing that has prevented the use of atomic bombs the last sixty years is the American Doctrine that anyone using WMD's would receive an all out attack from the USA nuclear arsenal.

That prevented at least two major Soviet attacks on the PRC, and kept the Soviets (when in Afghanistan) from exterminating the populations of Pakistan and India.

And if I remember correctly at least one, maybe two exchanges of atomic weapons between India and Pakistan.

Possibly, when the PRC invasion of Vietnam was an obvious failure, kept the PRC from resorting to atomics.

As for the chimerical strategy of allowing your enemy to hold the industrial urban centers. That was the one thing the Bolsheviks did right that actually was successful.

Hold the cities, no matter what. Famine, epidemics, chronic civil violence, purges, whatever. In the end the rural areas will fall to an industrial power.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short but, ended at a good spot.

Great story telling as always. I do find this inevitable war theme in your stories unsettling, not because I disagree. The relative peace, since the end of the Cold War, has gone on longer than believable. The new Russian policies are looking more like Bond villain plots. China is making themselves more and more central to the world, etc. Crazy days, I hope the right people can keep the wrong people in check.

NutRanchNutRanchover 9 years ago
OUCH!

When you said you were going to shred Cáel's life, you weren't kidding!

Caution my friend, Don't burn out getting too dark. You left off 1 in 10 because of it. This is too good a story to leave hanging. Bring in some balance.

Rhada and Aya are good for Cáel's mental health as they allow him totally different ways to do good. Odette is great as a way for him to have no pressure sex which will be all to rare in the near future. Give the man a bone (no pun intended) when he goes to Europe. Maybe Hana can do something along those lines.

ldv6ldv6over 9 years ago
I get that feeling...

Guys, am I too slow or the story is going too fast yet again? I have always viewed myself as at least reasonably intelligent (having a truckload of diplomas and such), and after every chapter I feel like I am left in the dust by the speeding away train of FinalStand's thoughts...

I love it, though... FS has blessed us with another breathtaking chapter and upon finishing it the withdrawal's symptoms will seize me again for sure...until next time.

cittrancittranover 9 years ago
Actually, I found this chapter somewhat easier to follow.

Well, at least, easier on the surface, at any rate; I too have a strong suspicion that there's something bigger here that I'm missing (simply because it's happened before), but this time, for the life of me, I can't think of what it is that I might be missing.

Maybe my brain is just trolling me. Wouldn't be the first time…

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Story Direction

Absolutely love this story and I'm checking every day for updates. I hope the tampered virus only wipes out mostly the 7 Pillars and E&S end up with most of the population to rule. Khan with a billion people at his side would be an interesting powerhouse to deal with. I have faith in Cael to make it all right.

I wonder what Brook is going to say about his engagement of convenience. For that matter, Buffy, Elsa, Libra...... etc. Great story, full of laughs with a character development that is unmatched on this site. Thank thank you FS.

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkover 9 years ago
A question

So are we going to learn what happens with Pamela's little bet with Vincent? I mean as interested as Pamela was acting towards Vincent i'm kinda hoping for a little dark jedi amazon snoo snoo.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Pamela and Vincent

Yes, their little match happened off-screen and it should be of no doubt that Pamela took Vincent to school. Now don't go thinking Vincent was stupid. By going up against Pamela, he gained an understanding of how bad fighting an Amazon could be and he got to appreciate the level of training and skill the Amazons find noteworthy. As Vincent has already said in Chapter 30, he's not trying to be the smartest man in the room. He's aiming to be the one with the most common sense. As for Chapter 30 itself, it is almost done and over 20,000 words ~ over twice the length of 29. I hope to have it to my editors later today (Nov. 12th 2014). I've actually gotten Cáel on the plane for Europe...and tracking down the Arinniti heirs.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 30 has been submitted (November 16th, 2014)

All the edits are done and, as promised, its a big one. Chapter 31 is already at over 11,000 words and growing. I hope you don't mind the 'less sex' yet longer chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
" I hope you don't mind the 'less sex' yet longer chapters."

At this stage (29 chapters in) I am far more interested in the story plot than 'filler'.

This is an awesome story line and I mostly just scan over the sex scenes anymore just to make sure that I don't miss any plot points. Reading it as the chapters come and waiting for the next, the abundant sex doesn't seem that bad but, read as a whole, (starting with chapter 1 and reading through like a novel) it becomes distracting from the story as a whole.

Just my opinion....others mileage may vary. I really enjoy this story and look forward to new chapters. Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort that you put into creating this story and for posting it here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I don't think anyone who has made it this deep into the story is just tuning in for the spank material

We're in it for the characters and the plot. The sex is pretty important for some of the characters, and we won't ask you to shy away from any details, but I'm here because I want to know what happens, how everyone deals with it, and for the witty banter along the way. You've crafted a rich universe with a compelling storyline. That's why I'm a part of Team F5, always awaiting the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
story plot matters more

I agree, in tuned in for rhe plot above anything else....but thats not to say I dont like the sex, lol, but the plot is waaaayyyyyy more intriguing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
just wish it wasn't anthrax...

FYI anthrax is not generally a "spreading" biological weapon. The spores kill, but good luck getting the infection to create new spores that are small enough to kill in turn. Smallpox might have worked better, but too late to change. A minor quibble about an outstanding story.

zorbvenkyzorbvenkyabout 9 years ago
a good work with all the background and good research

hiya b2 c4

well at firsst it was i thought a bit boring but then the plot picked up. at times there were moments when the vacuum brakes applies but then it was interesting to listen to your ranting. well i agree about the women psyche. but little is done by way of women in S.E asia. They are a force to reckon with. anyways i enoy this thing and maybe if you wish we can try and and write something. I give you the outline and you write as being a doc i have very little time treating the ills etc., and running around the world. You are welcome to communicate with me by skype its venkyks and by mail its gmail venkat.k.s. or beldinaldur

great work keep it up and happy to have stumbled on your page!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After COVID, this takes a whole ‘ other feel…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
to Anonymous 09/09/21

shut up about covid

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Cael and us are in deep waters now

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

What a crock of sh*te Cáel has got himself into now. 5⛤

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5295 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES