All Comments on 'Life in Exile'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 223 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Aredia made far more sense than you did Southdown with FAR FEWER WORDS! Your ranting is nearly as long as JW's story. At least he had a point. Thank you JW for a very good story with a perfect ending!

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Hmmm... so many thoughtful comments...

But none included "here's the name of the ending that I wrote for it."

You were invited to pen an ending to suit your self.

So why not do it? Could be quite a chapter 2. What direction an ending would take would require more depth to justify why that was the MC's best option, as clearly, the option that he was playing out sucked for both of them.

I give it a 5 for a good set up, followed by controversy among the readership.

jazzharpjazzharpover 3 years ago
Doesn't need a sequel.

But I'd rather Just_Words write one, than have someone else hijack this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Proud to be lazy huh? 1*

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
Sounds like what I would do

As an ex-foster child this is wat I would do. Foster care makes you behave this way. But with that I would not call her ever. I would feel like the abandonment, humiliation, etc from my blood relatives came back to haunt me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where's the story??

I read your offering and especially your italicized comments. After pondering things for a few minutes, trying to form a coherent opinion on what I'd just read. The thought came to me: "This isn't writing; it's typing!" You claimed to not know the answers to posited scenarios. Assuming you have intact reasonable mental faculties, that is very hard to accept. You mean you had all those circumstantial descriptors in mind -- 1,000 miles away; living like a hermit; evidence of self-reflection, discovering patterns from childhood, etc., etc., and yet you claim to not have anything in mind that connects what you wrote to any kind of resolution, nothing that passes a "so what" test? Well, If all that is true, then the logical recommendation of "what's next" is for you to go to your Primary Care physician, explain the situation and suggest he order a consult to a cardiologist to get an EKG to start with -- and then perhaps a CT scan -- to try and learn of you've had an infarct/stroke that might explain the phenomenon of lots of words to no apparent point.

And then, if you have time, consider why you've asked readers to write their own stories about a guy whose wife had some kind of short duration sexual contact with someone and when he found out, packed up a few things and went into hiding at a place by the ocean 1,000 miles away from where it happened. And who after one year of self-imposed isolation is still as miserable as he was on Day One. Your story kernel is, after all, entirely unremarkable for this site, so anything can happen.

Why don't YOU write the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How drunk was she?

If she was too drunk to give consent, then it was rape. If not, then how can he trust her again?

King_WillieKing_Willieover 3 years ago
I love your stories!

The phone answered at the third ring:

"Patsy's Pizzeria, Mirtle speaking."

"I'd like one large to go, please. With pepperoni."

"Hey, Henry. Would you like a SIDE DISH to accompany that pizza?"

"You know I can never say no to you, Mirtle."

"Heat up that coffee, I get out in ten."

"I'll heat up the sheets instead."

"Bad boy..."

<click!>

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
He needs to focus on himself

Yes, it would be great if she could give him an answer for why. But life would be a lot better if all kinds of things were different than the way they actually are. Not having what you want is no excuse for not living your best life. Some mourning for what was and is no more is understandable. A year? Ridiculous. Get it in gear.

He's just wallowing. I suspect that if he made himself focus on making a great life for himself and ignoring/forgetting/dismissing her and what she did, he would find himself much happier, much sooner. And then, ironically, he would be in a much better place for dealing with her -- perhaps even leading to some kind of reconciliation.

She's a mess. He's a mess. Together, they'd be a mess. He needs to toughen up, accept that a terrible thing happened to his life, and deal with it. Be a man.

Only then will he be able to deal with her. Forgive her. And then reconcile or not.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Hmm,

I hate leave me hanging stories. That's all I'll say about that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She was married knew what she was doing . She as a married woman working while often traveling should have dinner with coworkers or clients when absolutely necessary then go back to her room . No dancing and drinking that puts you in a potential very bad situation. Should he call yes tell her move on she destroyed their marriage and that he’s past it but could never stay married or trust her again . Only when there is young children I guess I could see one sticking it out but once the kids are older or no kids there is no reason to stay married to a person who me personally would never be able to trust again so why live like that .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Probably the best written story on this site. Believable dialogue, great characterisation and a viable premise. The ending is perfect. Don't dare alter it.

5 stars

GoesGruntGoesGruntabout 3 years ago

Not sure how to rate this.

If they'd promised each other exclusivity, then there is no going back. Forgiveness is fine, but reconciliation is bad. It sets a bad president. No matter what the cheater learned, it tell everyone you'll let them stab you in the back once. Both stupid and immoral. Teach a better lesson. Serious betrayal must have serious consequences.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Well, she didn't cheat on purpose. She drank too much and made the mistake. When he wanted a repeat she shut him down. If there is a place for reconciliation then this is one. Of course she has to watch her drinking in the future when she is without her husband.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 3 years ago
forgiveness is hard

To earn forgiveness is challenging and requires not only repentance but also either atonement or penance - something to create a sense of balance to warrant forgiveness. Most often forgiveness is unearned... we easily forgive our children... we forgive by consciously tipping the scales in favor of forgiveness; this is a form of grace… we forgive when time has lowered our hurts and perhaps our feelings; we lower the bar... we forgive as part of the process of healing; we move on…

smmhomesmmhomeabout 3 years ago
Forgiveness is hard ... chapter 2

Forgiveness is hard ... Those last three words impacted me. When I read them, I was moved and immediately left a comment. As I reflected, I had two different thoughts, and so I offer them as chapter 2 of my comment:

1) Forgiveness would make a great contest/challenge topic. I hope you'll suggest it to blackrandl1958.

2) What are the best examples of writing forgiveness (in LiteE)? I have suggestions, but I'd love to get your thoughts.

My suggestions: Ari by Ohio; anything written by Joesephus (e.g., Dilemma, hard Fall, how High a Price); A Boilerplate Rendering by TheUnoriginalist – odd choice perhaps, but I felt a sense of (not reconciliation but) forgiveness at the end.

Thanks for your sharing your stories.

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

I have a soft heart and so would call her and since she was so sorry and regretful would have called her. But my initial would have been the same and I kind of dpubt that I have any friends like his.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
You asked:

I was reading above story where on the end you asked id anybody knows?

Yes, I do! Here is your answer:

Everyone is a sinner, (no religious fun intended here).

If anybody can tell me that they have never done anything wrong, that proves my point... THEY ARE LYING!

Now, you may say that you haven't done anything that wrong before, and you may be telling the true. But, (I know it is bad to start sentence with but) But what if that little thing you done blowup in your face, things would be VERY different in your future.

Everyone is in title to one non critical mistake. As someone once said:

If someone wrongs you turn the other cheek, but let us not forget that you only have two. If that person does it again, you can't turn the other cheek... it was slapped already.

What am I telling you: If you are worse off without them, and they are sorry for what they did, then it costs you nothing to turn the other cheek.

It gous without saying that punishment is to be applied (whatever is agreeable).

And, (bad start again) they wont refuse it, if they are truly sorry!!!

PS: Like your writing, keep it up!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous on 3/14/2021

You and I think alike. I'm working on it, but it is hard to write. Genuine forgiveness with all the doubts and worries, the risks and fears, is difficult to communicate without being melodramatic. It's a challenge for me, but I'm working on it.

And, or is it "But", I am told that the rules of grammar are changing. We can now start sentences with and or but. Sometimes, it just seems like the right thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hard experience to live through, been there. In 60 years I've made a mistake or two (quit laughing damn it) so I guess I would disappoint the BTB club and probably try. When a lot of time is invested with someone, why not try. It seems like he is in a holding pattern as well. Five stars for a good story, you always impress.

somewhere east of Omaha

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Though I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t act that way...

...for your MC he does , and I can imagine doing it that way (again not that I really would), so I accept the reaction, but not approve of it. From that premise the rest of the story is awesomely written. Beautifully done narration. Terrific dialogue.

And/but, like many others here, I hated the ending too. Too “Sopranos”-like. But... I can understand doing it artistically. In the fable you’ve come to the fork in the road; do or don’t you pick it up? [ Ta-da - FIN]

Because of superb, and I feel authentic, emotional reaction of everyone: 5-stars

Oh, and I was never as bad as the two are with jokes and put downs, but in high school I had friends who were like that, though to a lesser degree. And I admit I participated in some of it. But it’s been decades now.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Oh, and it’s the superb narration...

... that keeps me from submitting stories. I’ve started 5 or 6 different stories, but reading through what’s written (and none are finished), I do not get anywhere near this good, even in rewrites. So I’ve bogged down (actually given up) writing. So I come here and post screeds about all the authors here, but not out of jealousy but admiration (yeah right). What’s the saying? “Those who can’t “do” — teach.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Marriage Is Always A Matter Of Options And Alternatives

Why stay in a bad marriage if you have a better option? I don't mean a difficult marriage, there are not other kind. I mean a bad, toxic relationship. I guess if you have no other, no better option then sure, why not stay?

The story is that this cuckold had no better options, even after a year of being free and independent of a fallen wife. If that woman is still your best option, why not keep trying, keep forgiving, keep risking? He ain't got nothing better! Sucks to be him. Hard to embrace a weak soiled marriage as a consolation prize, but it is what it is.

I hope he's . . . something, eventually, but it won't be being happy. Maybe someday he'll learn how to fix that.

Thanks for the effort.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

Its a fair question, BTB'er aren't against reconciliation. But many of you act as if her cheating is a like dropping a coffee cup and at the same time act as if his cheating is a crime against humanity. Seven in every ten stories here, has the wife divorcing his cheating ass. And the same writer has the husband begging to be cuckolded again by taking her back in the blink of an eye. And to that end, BTB'er aren't as forgiving but are against it if penitence has been paid.

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 3 years ago

Not an easy subject to please all. But well told, emotive without being over the top. More realistic than we would all like to admit. For me this is excellent narrative and intelligent writing. So a five all the way. Have to be honest... I'd love to read a second chapter.:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't truly know what I'd do in this circumstance. Being on the outside, I'd counsel my friend as Gene did. Key point is that forgiveness is not the same as trying to act as if it never happened.

Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.- Margaret Stunt

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Needs another chapter, to fix the problem. AAA++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a bullshit question, " am I happier with her than without her?" Better question, "can I stand living with no self respect for myself and none from anyone who knows me. Including the cheating slut that's waiting for the next chance to stab me in the back because she sees me as a spineless wimp?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Did she ever explain why she did it?"

"No. She goes to a shrink, but she doesn't seem any closer to an answer now than she was before."

"Tell her to get a new shrink."

I call bullshit on this one. Why do cheaters cheat? Because they CAN. It’s that simple You want more, OK because of greediness and selfishness. Because of narcissism. Because of a lack of empathy for others affected by their shit decisions. Because they value ego kibbles more than they value your well-being. But the reasons simply boil down to — greed, opportunity, and not caring and their sense of entitlement.

The relationship partner of a cheater often makes the mistake of believing it (cheating) is all way more complicated than greed, opportunity, and not caring and the cheater's sense of entitlement. Oh, and here's a revelation; cheaters actually DO think they are better than you and more important than you.

Just remember one thing its NOT you job to figure out the cheater's fuckedupness! You only get to figure out YOU. What your values are, what you will tolerate, and what is acceptable and unacceptable to YOU. That’s it. Getting lost in the trying to figure out the WHY of the cheater's fuckedupness only prolongs your pain. Better to move towards acceptance. They did it because they COULD. So… now what? That’s on you.

Trust in the knowledge that you deserve better. That this isn’t your lot in life to pick from the reject pile of humanity...taking back a cheater. Yes, we’re all God’s children and in some way flawed. This isn’t about acceptance and unconditional love. Adult love comes with conditions — conditions like your partner should not act in ways to actively harm you. Conditions like mutuality and respect. It’s okay to have deal breakers. Your cheater is not the be all and end all. There are other, much better people out there deserving of your time and attention and love. Go find them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

no way should he accept her back. only once because she was caught out only once. cheaters will always be cheaters. no acceptable excuse for it. not a mistake either. to have sex period, is a decission and choice.

Feoalex81Feoalex81almost 3 years ago

She didnt respect him enough to tell him the truth.. it sounds to me like he was happy untill someone came to talk about her.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

You're right; it needs an ending. 4stars. The Bear approves. i can't finish it. maybe some else can. But he asked the right question-Are you better off with her in you life, or not. Keep writing; you'll figure it out.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Hope he called a hooker or something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I seem to have read this exact story somewhere else, but in that case it was longer and included an eventual meeting between tne 2. I also seem to recall that the best friend set it up, and the husband slugged him for doing so. Also, there were phone calls between the husband and wife that were progressing to a resolution of some kind, until a final one where the wife was cold and distant…..and it was because of bad advice to “play it cool” or something.

.

Anyone else recall that?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I believe Anonymous is referring to a story by Just Plain Bob, but I do not remember the name. I did not steal his story.

TrustingagainTrustingagainalmost 3 years ago

I always enjoy this story when I re-read it. Thanks you for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Of course it would be nice to have an ending. Why would he call her. Why not finalize a divorce and move on? That's how you live life - move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Forgiveness would be harder to write, as his insecurity has never been dealt with. In order for the couple to reconcile, he first has to confront his demons and slay them. Once he does that, and his "triggers" have been put to rest, then the two of them could possibly be able to work on getting the marriage back on track.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

It's always the job. The question for this story is, what does he get out of it? She gets to pretend she didn't screw up, at least in terms of appearances. He gets to wonder what's real and if it ever was.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Unless Gene was related or was friends w/ the slut 1st, it's bro's b4 hoes and he shouldn't of tried to talk him into coming back. Only the phone call part was valid. If there is a part 2, hope he just moves on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You ended it. Sarte and others conceived of no exit, no end. It sucks, but sometimes it is what is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unless the call is to say he will not be the godfather to Gene’s kids and the friendship is over because Gene is taking the cheating wife’s side there is really nothing else to explore for this story.

When Henry said "And who is going to fix me, Gene? How do I get to feel whole again?" that sums up everything for the betrayed spouse. That is the question nobody tries to answer, it is just forgive the cheater, make that person feel whole again, and act like nothing bad ever happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why write a story without a real ending?? 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This writer, who fooled some of the readers with his supposedly ‘Avant-garde’ ending, should read some of his other works. Hemingway, he is not. He should be made to put up a warning before the story saying: another unfinished work. Why waste our time.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

In my opinion....

The incident was an accidental deviation... Not an affair

So.... Can be reconsidered, forgiven and reconcile.... And can't considered as RAAC

although I'm hardcore BTBian... but always consider different motives for different consequences... Actions are secondary

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If a married person lets a situation develop (drunk, sexually excited, etc... around anyone but their spouse or S.O.) that could even possibly lead to infidelity, they are obviously not mindful of the feelings of their spouse, therefore they don't truly love them enough to stay in a safe (Faithful) frame of mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I. Would. Never. Take. Her. Back. Ever. Full stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would never take her back but I think much can be said for getting closure, live a life in limbo or make an end n do you best to move on, 🤔 it’s a tough choice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He is not happier only because he is chasing to not be happy. He can be gone from her, miss what he had pre cheating, and still have a life. There is plenty to do out there. Why stop seeing his family and friends? His friends didn't cause her to cheat and may not support what she did. Set some guidelines that when he is with them they don't mention her. It can work.

I say start a new life, sounds like he is young enough, and don't take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well thought and written... However, I say that his child-like and insecure/immature psyche would have been apparent in his behaviour over and over again. Why would she want this pouting baby back is beyond me... Unless she was herself child-like, which would make both of them a disaster waiting to happen. It would be nice to see the author's take on whether they faced their demons or not... in a follow up...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can see RAAC as end result. She committed this once while under the influence of alcohol, albeit not necessarily drunk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It’s not an unfinished story, you don’t even have to use much imagination, he is so miserable he’s calling her, to see if they can patch up their relationship. Thanks for a non boilerplate story, I love it when authors think out of the box. KS

MissJackie43MissJackie43about 2 years ago

Oh boy, do people get their knickers in a twist just because they don't get what they want! All the macho men beating their chests saying, "I wouldn't take her back" say more about their lack of emotional maturity than what is right for the main character. All those criticising this as an unfinished story are crying because you choose to do it your way rather than theirs.

Personally I like this a lot. You've given me enough to work with to enjoy the drama, and now I can move on. Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, MissJackie43. It's always good to be appreciated. I felt when I wrote this it was more about a friendship than a failing marriage and to this day I don't know how it ends myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Regardless of what you stated, we were left hanging!

Yes, we have a vivid imagination. We can easily put our spin on your open ended attempt to leave us hanging and develop our own pleasing ending.

As the writer of your story, you should state up front that it is a no ending mystery!

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

He was miserable and so was his wife. A one time, unplanned, alcohol induced encounter is just about the only sexual cheating that is forgivable. I hope he called her.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

I liked the premise but felt alil short obviously with the ending left undone. But y does he need to fix her and y is everyone not there for him instead of her even if he moved? He wasn't the one at fault here, yet everyone treats the cheater better than him who is the victim..

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

WOW! LIKED THIS STORY A LOT for some reason, maybe guessing what next....

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

A very good beginning of a story. Chapter 1. But without chapter 2 it has no meaning. It left me hanging.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"Was I any happier now than when I left?" - FWIW, I believe it was a one-time drunken slip-up, and I don't blame her for not immediately confessing, as I believe that just puts the burden on the innocent party. Having said that, maybe he'd be happier if he made more of an effort instead of wallowing in his misery.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years agoAuthor

@rn2711 - "No meaning"? Really? Is there no place for a friend who goes out of his way to see if his friend is okay, getting along, and surviving the worst emotional pain of his life? Does it mean nothing that he makes the trip to see if he can help his friend find his way back? That's what this story is about. There must be some meaning in that, isn't there?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We talk about love being the reason for a marriage but is it really? I think most of us marry someone who attracts us physically and then emotionally. The love and then the decision to marry comes when we realize that that person provides us the support and strength to share the future together and we want to surrender our fears to the other and move forward together. When we lose that support, the reason to remain together is gone then we need to learn the reason for that loss and decide if the reason to be together is still valid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good start. How about the rest of it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read a lot of your short (1 page) stories and usually they end but have no actual ending. Wish you gave the characters more of a resolution.

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 years ago

I’ve got to say this is by far one of the best shorts you’ve written and the afterward was dead on. For all those who want to bitch about an incomplete story here’s something to remember.

There are two types of people in the world:

(1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just to express my outrage at the unfinished nature of the story. Otherwise okay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Was good until the ending, which itdid not have. Went from a high 4 to a less than 1.

WrickettsWrickettsalmost 2 years ago

Still a 4 until I get an ending.

orion2bear2orion2bear2almost 2 years ago

Do not like story with no ending.if I had enough imagination to finish a story there would be no need for books movies or websites

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Forgiving does not make it "all better"!

The problem with betrayal is the utter emotional devastation it creates. A pain outpaced only by the loss of a child. To avoid that pain again is worth nearly any cost, even life for some. In marriage each gives to the other the nearly unfathomable gift of absolute trust. The same innocent trust a child gives. When that is shattered in can not be made whole again.

Some may "reconcile" but in the heart of the betrayed there is always that 😨, however faint, when will they betrayed me again. It never goes away.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

why doe everyone always expect the man to suck it up and go on. men need to live with themselves everyday,and that includes self respect. In so many of these ,all we get is she says sorry, and all is well with the world.Saying sorry costs nothing. IIn this case she was willing to lie by omission, keep secrets fro him, and yet he is in the wrong?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Story's over a year old, and I can't imagine you even read these comments anymore, but... oh well. Kinda just doing this for myself, I guess. Frankly, after this one, you can't begrudge me that.

I've noticed a trend the more I delve into this site, that so many authors either don't finish stories, or revel in lazy writing, then throw up their hands and say, "welp, it is what it is" right in the narrative.

Dude, you put the story up here for a reason. If you didn't want other people to read it, you'd just type it up and leave it in a file. It's the height of immaturity to seek validation, but not reciprocate with the bravery to finish what you started.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous: I always read the comments. I have not yet "finished the story" because I don't find myself able to write a reconciliation story that meets the standards I set for myself. For now this is the story of a man who tried to run from the pain and found that he could not escape it and it is a story about friendship. I may not be the author for you and until you have the courage to submit a story you will not be an author for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"until you have the courage to submit a story you will not be an author for me."

Fair enough. I comment rarely, and usually don't bother to log in before I do, but....

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=5241150&page=submissions

I will say this, my comment came off harsher than I meant it. I've enjoyed your work, which is why this one was frustrating for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

'LAZY WRITING?' What about lazy readers? This way the reader can finish the tale how they want instead of bitching about how the writer chose. As a life long reader I respect a writer and the choices they make. I know if there comes a time that I can't agree, I can simply move on to another.

Thank you for your tales!

somewhere east of Omaha

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year agoAuthor

@Omaha: Thank you for the kind words. I've taken a lot of heat for this story. It was never really about the wife. It was about the friend. Also, writing a reconciliation story that isn't "at any cost" is remarkably difficult. Anger is much easier. :)

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

Many times commenters make comments about a story because they don’t like the outcome. I, on occasion have also done this. “ Just Words “ is an excellent writer who knows how to put a story together as good as any writer. He gives real life situations and many of these help to prepare you for future life issues. Thanks for your submissions, most are very enjoyable. I have many stories that I hope to someday submit, but I just can’t seem to pull the trigger. Thank you very much for your stories.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

I, personally, think it is a great story. One never knows what he will do in a situation like that, until they actually do come face to face with just that dilemma. I enjoyed the ending being left in doubt. Each reader can put their own ending to the story, in their own minds. Your work is very enjoyable. Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Here we go, another MC is ready to be a cuckold with that phone call!!

He had his balls when he left the whoring skank, now they must be shrinking

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

God save us from helpful friends.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

The problem with your type of story is that you make your MCs too moral, too slick, too perfect.

Moreover, here you are using a completely erroneous device to lead to reconciliation, namely the question "am I happier with her or without her?"

This is a huge mistake! Because he surely does not plan to remain solitary all the rest of his life, right?

So the question must be "with her or another?"

But for that, you have to spend some time searching, trying new relationships...

If during the year-long separation he had had dates and even some ending in bed, he might actually have answered that question.

But there it comes out of your sacrosanct perfect MC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Writing endings are hard? Then don't write.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Stories need a ending I don't hav the imagination to finish stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There have been several continuations. This story is built for a reconciliation. Too bad this author left us hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Here we go, another MC is ready to be a cuckold with that phone call!! He had his balls when he left the whoring skank, now they must be shrinking" - that Anonymous sings to my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

PUT. THE. PHONE. BACK. DOWN!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only a simp of a husband would call his cheating wife!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I am from Providence and I do NOT have a hairy chest. I have a nice set of tits though. :)

Seems to me that Gene will never call. Inaction is easier. If you want to move forward, the wife must show up. Why she did it seems obvious though JW. She was complacent in her boundaries and just a little immature at the time. This wasn't a circumstance of loss of respect for her husband. She didn't think it was possible to cheat on him. Clearly David didn't have her best interest at heart and she was in a unique circumstance where being plied with alcohol combined with flattery, flirtation, familiarity led to fucking. She let David inside her guard because she believed she controlled herself and him. Classic overconfidence.

She needs to apologize for that. For not communicating. For not being honest immediately. For being careless with their marriage. He needs to apologize for not at least talking to her and listening. For better or worse is just as important as forsake all others. It doesn't mean divorce is out of the question. That absolutely can still happen but this was no emotional entanglement. This was no affair. She let herself get irresponsible. It's fixable and more than reasonable. Grace is your path forward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All you BTB creatures out there, read the story. He admitted he had problems that caused him to over react. He refused to talk, to listen, to even consider her apologies. He, also, said he was no nearer being over her than the day he left. I am not puting all the blame on the husband, but if he actually loved her in the first place, he is allowing his ojwn shortcomings to destroy any chance he has for a happy life. No one is perfect, EXCEPT THE BTB CREATURES. They seem to think they are without fault. There is not any one of them who will not eventually find himself in a position where he needs forgiveness for something he did. THINK HE WILL GET IT?

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

This is what an ill thought reaction gives you, get your balls back be a man, don't worry what others think, it's not them that's rotting inside. Do you really want to live a sad, lonely miserable life, because you were to proud to phone her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He needs to examine himself, not his estranged wife. If infidelity of any kind is a deal breaker principle of his, divorce, if not, talk to wife. Non affairs sometimes…..just sometimes CAN be an exception R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading again. Impressed again. Just_Words is one of my fav authors on this site.

.

I’d like to think he calls his wife. I’d like to think they reunite. What I don’t have is the talent to write that.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great start, but the best parts are missing!!!!!

The middle and the end.

Please, step up and do all of us a favor and finish!

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

Am I any happier now than when I left? What a BS question that isn't the issue, more do I have more or less potential to find happiness while with a cheating spouse or away from one.. But well written, great storyline, could be a genesis for many more.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 1 year ago

I liked it, the ending makes you wonder.

h2osh2osabout 1 year ago

NO ENDING SUCKS.

Busman19639Busman1963912 months ago

This story begs for a follow up. Maybe two or more endings.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Stupid way of telling your readers that they are not worth the effort to complete a story!

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

1 star -

Why waste the time trying to figure out a way you 'might' be able to live with a cheating SLUT?

With the latest news that STDs are becoming resistant to penicillin and will be un-treatable within the next 3 to 5 years - we could all be wiped out. Just dump the silly bitch and move on. There are plenty more available women out there and the older you get, the more there are. Just get tested regularly and do not have any sexual contact without a recent test result.

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

A sad story indeed, let us all throw rocks at her - but - I wonder how many of us would care to face up to the shit we've pulled?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...