All Comments on 'Life in Exile'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 223 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To Anonymous who said, "PUT. THE. PHONE. BACK. DOWN!" Sing it, brother!

Calico75Calico759 months ago

"Forgiveness is hard..." I don't normally like reconciliation stories, but one drunken mistake (of course, a REALLY bad mistake) and a year of penance by both the cheater and the cheated on, maybe it might work out. An affair--no. One time drunken mistake--maybe.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR39 months ago

Sanctimonious nonsense.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

These comments! Some clown even said the cheating was a one time accident and should be forgiven. Bullshit! Stepping on a rake is an accident. Shooting your wife while you’re cleaning an unloaded gun is an accident. Cheating takes thought, planning, and action. It cannot be an accident. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dobrze ze nie zakonczyles. Kazdy sam niech sobie opowie zakończenie. Dla mnie dobre opowiadanie. Samo zycie

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm a BTB fan, but they made up, and it's the right thing to do.

On her side, it was the sad old tale, away from home, letting her hair down, to much to drink and dancing. She fell. There's no excuse, she did it, but she regretted it straight away, and ensured the other guy kept away. Her punishment has been swift, severe and complete. If she didn't love her husband, then she would not have reacted so badly the next day. Hey punishment had been to lose that love at her own doing, with no end in sight.

As for him, he still loves her, but his choice has been as hard on him as it was on her. He has lost not just her, but his whole world.

This is the shortest story I have ever read, where I agree with a reconciliation, but nothing more needed to be added. It was just the raw elements and emotions, with just a few background foundations thrown in. Just enough.

That's actually hard to do... to tell a good story efficiently, with good structure. You've done well.

I would say anyone who said burn the bitch is reflecting on their own bitterness. A year of hell is enough for both of them, from a one-time slip that was not premeditated and not really welcome. They're just better off healing each other.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

26thNC,

That's the thing. There was no thought, planning and action. There was a drunken mistake, instantly regretted and rejected. According to the story, she's not a cheat. It's not her character, so even for this slip she must have been drunk enough to impair rational thought. It's still wrong, but it was obvious this other guy was a skirt chaser, and wanted more, and she was caught with her guard down. She's had her punishment. A year of it. It's enough, they are better off getting past it, because they would both really, really need to get past it. It's not a matter of some scheming bitch just wanting to have her fun and damn the consequences. It's not that she doesn't want to lose a meal ticket. She already did, and is pining away for him. For their life together.

Time to get over it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The one drunken mistake meme...mistakes happen in the moment. Drinking/eating something while it's still really hot. Putting down the plate too hard and it cracks. It's one instantaneous action. Cheating doesn't happen in the moment. Even if it's one time, it's a gradual process that requires thought and acting on those thoughts. With several steps before the act eventually happens. And in every single one of those steps, you make the conscious decision to progress further. By definition, it's not a mistake. Unless you are the one doing it and it serves you trying to pass it as one...

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous - you are right. That's why a sequel to this has proven so hard to write.

lc69hunterlc69hunter7 months ago

Get over your weak ass pity party and do the right thing for both of you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago
Ummm

"She's a one-man woman ..." Evidently not, since she screwed her coworker.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was a great story. I think the only way they can get back together is if he sleeps with another woman during his time of exile away from her. Not out of revenge, it has nothing to do with revenge; it's about balance. If he goes back to her there will always be this wedge between them. Feelings that are maybe even subconscious: She got one up on him. Another man had his wife. Knowing your wife willingly humiliated you, etc.

There has to always be balance. If Batman is a force that exists to maintain the status quo, then a Joker must arise to do challenge it. IMO anyway, lol. 5 stats. I really hope for a sequel, although I understand in a previous comment you're finding it hard to write. Still, I hope you eventually get some inspiration for a good idea for a sequel!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@lc69hunter is such a RAAC-lover, it makes my eyes burn. What the bestie really should do, if he were a true friend, would be to tell him to end the damned marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Normally I hate stories without an ending. But this one actually works. He's ending something here. Maybe just a year of no contact. Maybe his friendship with Gene. It does cry out for a sequel but also works as a standalone piece. As for the wife. She went out dancing and got drunk when on a work trip. Yes we all know our inhibitions and defences lower or drop when drunk and people say or do stupid things sometimes. However part of the brain is still functional and working so what we say or do is often something we deep down want to do but don't because we know it's wrong or stupid or silly etc. Maybe she wasn't just drunk Maybe he'd slipped something into her drink. Who knows. But usually what we do when drunk is not a mistake saying that is just an excuse for not owning our behaviour and acknowledging the hurt it caused. I'd love to read a follow up to this whatever the outcome because I'm a bit selfish and your stories are so good I just want more. Please and thank you. BardnotBard

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

better without an ending as it makes all of us readers think

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Whoever he's calling I get the idea that he's moving forward. Good story.

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

Another good story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Terrible story without a resolution!

H. JekyllH. Jekyll3 months ago

The question in the comments box is "what did you think of the story" (something like that). I liked it. I liked the character of the friend, and their relationship, and the the way he brought up the underlying issue. There's no resolution? No resolutions? The hell there isn't. It's just not spelled out. I (who have a reputation for favoring reconciliation) can smell it. But it's no RAAC story, whatever the Literotica Loving Wives Mafia types think. She's suffered. She's suffering. A year is a long time to be alone, away from your love. So he calls her. Good. That's a start.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story! I would finish it with dating first with serious talking! Maybe husband getting counseling also.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I think ultimately it doesn't matter who he calls, so long as he picks a direction and sticks to it. Anyway, a very good and powerful story, especially for it's short length.

leofric35leofric3524 days ago

A strong realistic story ending with a dilemma at the end. I hope he calls his wife and they work it out. Far too many BTB endings on here in what’s supposed to be about loving wives -some make mistakes. Thanks for the writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...