Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 08

Story Info
Thrive! - Kate, Beth and Derrick's journey continues.
10.5k words
4.95
2.3k
7

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thrive!

By KAD

A/N - We appreciate you continuing to follow our story as we enjoy the life, love and career of Beth and Kate. Yes the life of a recruiter in an agency could be seen as a Sunday evening news program and we are cutting back. Please know it is important to us as the story also relates to a successful marriage, life, love and business passing a legacy to their children.

Speaking of children, though I have submitted this under the Lesbian category, there are a few areas of heterosexual intercourse and the continuing Sapphic love shared between Beth and Kate in this chapter. I hope you understand and enjoy it. This chapter will change as our lovers' lives change dramatically and yes, all for the best

Lastly, please know that the editing and reviewing has been done by the two of us utilizing MS Word. Our spelling should be correct. We will admit that our grammar can be 'off' at times. It has been a few decades since either of us sat in a classroom under instruction of sentence structure. I do this for fun, not to be ridiculed by grammar nannies,

December 89

We climbed the steps going into our bedroom.

I paused at the door, "Kate", I kissed her then whispered in her ear.

She smiled and nodded her head with tears of joy in her eyes. "Yes, please Miss, yes, please."

"Derrick, once you are ready for bed, please come join us in our room. We want to spend some time together, nothing more but we want your comfort in our bed."

We parted ways while each of us got changed and I prepared for the ice treatment. A few moments later there was a knock at our bedroom door. Kate opened the door and welcomed Derrick.

Twenty minutes later I lay in the center of the bed. Kate was in her spot on my left. Derrick was on my right. Kate's hand holding Derrick's and mine on top as they both lay on my stomach. We just lay there breathing and relaxing. I was the first to fall asleep as I listened to some of my favorite instrumental melodies.

Partway through the night I felt the bed shift. I knew right away it was Derrick leaving. When the door closed, I pulled Kate closer to me wanting to feel her next to me.

*****

January '90

For the last few weeks Derrick, Kate and I have been sleeping in our room. We don't spend the entire night in the same bed. Every night Derrick will get up and go to his room at some point. I wish I knew why he did this but I don't press, I am aware he has a few challenges and I need to ensure I am not causing him additional issues.

I first suggested this sleeping arrangement to Kate whispering in her ear after the very challenging meeting with that attorney. I later admitted to Kate and Derrick that initially I was being selfish. Plain and simple I was selfish. Kate has never really denied me.

Inviting Derrick to our bed wasn't sexual, yet. I needed to be hugged, comforted and loved after that meeting. Well afterwards it continued and I liked the attention. Again, yes I was selfish and knew one day I would pay the piper.

I was humbled when both Derrick and Kate understood telling me they are here for me and for what I need while we travel down this road together. What was more important now, is that this was becoming a regular activity. We get ready for bed in our separate rooms. Derrick would then join Kate and I in our bed. It was safe, comfortable and I loved it.

Kate and I agreed, we didn't want it to end. I was happy to hear that she was enjoying it as much as I was.

I had asked mom one night while we were alone what she thought about him continuing to live with us. She smiled at me, winked and commented on how nice it was having a real man around the house. I laughed thinking how 'not so manly' Dan was at times. Don't get me wrong he is good for Chelle but Dan is a geek and Derrick, well, Derrick is a Marine.

I once said Derrick was a Marine, he was quick to say "Once a Marine, always a Marine." I will always remember him as a Marine.

Fuck!! He is sexy! Now that I understood Mom's point of view, I needed to find out what he wanted. Our vacation would give us time to talk.

***

We returned to the office the first week of January and we were excited, at least I was. More positive things were happening at work, our vacation was drawing nearer and everyone was happy.

We finished our Monday meeting on a high note, Joe reported to Ken that we had one of the best billing years in a long time. For that Ken and Monica were going to have a celebration when the entire team was available. We were all asked to confirm our vacation schedules by the end of the week.

And off we went back to the grind and I loved it.

Part of my stress release therapy, if you call it that was to not eat lunch at my desk. When we returned in the New Year, I started eating in the small kitchenette and lunchroom that Ken and Monica provided the employees.

As a few of us sat in the lunchroom Joe popped his head in and politely interrupted getting my attention he asked, "Beth, when you have finished lunch, Ken and I would like to see you. It isn't urgent but when you are finished please."

"Yes sir, I will be right there."

As instructed by my physical therapist, I moved my chair back and slowly stood with my back straight. Using the table for balance, I stood up. I let go of the table once I had my balance with my feet at least as wide as my shoulders, I reached straight up aligning my arms with my body then brought them back to my sides. I repeated that three times each time I did a three second stretch reaching as high as I could.

Again lather, rinse and repeat three more repetitions.

Walking down the hall I paused at Derrick's desk. "Did you submit your vacation for next week?"

"Yes Beth last week, Tuesday through Friday like you asked. I requested the twenty-third through the twenty-sixth." I nodded

I tried to look into Kate's office as I walked by but I didn't see her in there. Then I found myself slightly confused when I was knocking on Ken's door. The door opened and sitting at the table with Ken were Joe and Kate. Ken invited me to have a seat asking me to shut the door.

"Hey Beth, come on in." He smiled, "No stress. Everything is fine." Ken started. "I feel compelled to have a conversation regarding the contract, bill rates and something else."

Kate passed around a copy of the contract to everyone with her attached spreadsheet that would list hourly rates for each skill set, the potential for benefit costs, if a candidate wanted benefits, and potential new net margins based on taxes and our costs. Damn she was thorough.

After twenty minutes of discussion and an agreement on the labor costs for the project and how high we would consider paying the contractors in each area making enough money, making this a viable contract, I assumed the meeting was completed.

As the meeting wrapped up, Joe opened a folder pulling out a few documents. I couldn't see them clearly nor could I determine what they were. I assumed that the documents were our vacation requests. Ken looked at me and just me.

I started, "Ken, sir. I know it is a strange request but please allow me to explain."

He leaned back in his chair, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Um sure, go ahead." He smiled widely almost as if laughing internally.

He folded crossed his arms leaving them laying on his chest, listening intently. He then looked at Joe and smiled.

"Well we, um, we want to get away and thought as Derrick was doing so well that um," I was stammering and on the brink of being dazed not knowing what to say when Kate spoke up.

"Employment laws stipulate, we do not have a requirement to explain but in this matter, I feel obligated as you have been very understanding of recent events."

I could see the hesitation in her, so I pounced.

"I am funding Derrick's vacation as a small thanks to his assistance in helping us when I was hurt and in my recovery."

"And ..." You could hear a pin drop as Kate spoke up again and paused.

"We are trying to get pregnant!"

Bomb dropped. Yet there was no change in Ken or Joe's reaction or facial expression.

Kate continued. "You might as well know because if it happens everyone will be asking questions." She exhaled almost in relief, smiling at me.

I beamed smiling wide with pride in her. Kate is so absolutely strong in a business setting and when taking care of me.

I looked at Ken, he was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning when he said, "Approved, Joe, any issues?"

He was also smiling, "No sir. I was just going to give them their signed vacation request and tell them to have an amazing trip." Joe said, looking at me then Kate.

It was then that Ken spoke up.

"That isn't what I was going to ask about but umm, okay enjoy your trip. Come back well rested as this contract will really need some dedicated hours when you get back."

As his words really sunk in I turned beet red blushing in total embarrassment. I looked over at Kate and she was similarly blushing beet red.

"Beth," Ken continued, "How is your back? Are you feeling okay?"

"I am better sir, still in therapy. Thank you for your concern and for asking."

"Good thanks for the meeting, let's get back to it. Thanks. Joe, can you hang back?"

Kate stood; she looked at me as I turned in the chair to stand. "Beth, may I have a quick private word in my office."

"Kate, Beth," Ken said, "Allow me to wish you the best, all of us and I mean all of us are cheering for and are totally supportive of you both."

We left and made a beeline for Kate's office. As we entered Kate's office she closed the door. I looked at her; she was shaking. I gently opened my arms allowing her to step into them hugging her.

"Your Miss has you. I have you baby, I love you baby."

I just rocked her in my arms and could feel her starting to calm down. Thankful that her blind was drawn, not allowing for anyone to see. I simply held her soothing her stress and fear.

"You were amazing in there Kate; you stood up for us and for Derrick. You are the best wife a woman could ever have." I paused and looked in her eyes.

"Tonight we celebrate just you and me." I kissed her cheek breaking our hug and as I turned to open her office door, I heard her.

"Miss?" She said ever so softly.

"Yes?" I turned back to her, seeing her eyes down on the ground as if seeking permission. "Baby, what is it you are seeking from your Miss?"

"Forgive me Miss as this place is our office but I beg you to consider Derrick's needs also."

This was the lifestyle of Kate's that I was still grasping with at time. She just stood there waiting on permission.

I looked at her, "Continue my pet."

"He is a man and he has needs, sexual needs. I beg you to consider his needs, soon Miss, very soon."

I was floored, absolutely shocked and stood like a stone statue, as if Medusa had turned me to stone that instant. Kate approached me.

"Miss, he loves us so much. He really does, I am sure. He has needs also. Thank you for allowing me to say that Miss." she paused, kissed my lips then asked to allow her to get back to work.

I turned and walked from her office. Passing Derrick's cubicle heading towards mine, I wondered why he hadn't said anything to me. We are close enough that he should have said something. Now I was frustrated. I just didn't understand why it took so long to learn this. More importantly, I realized I was mad at myself for being so damn selfish.

Later, my phone rang; it was Kate asking if I was ready to go home. I just huffed in response and hung up. The drive home was quiet, I wasn't up for talking, I was still upset with myself.

As we pulled into the drive, I knew I needed to say something. "Before bed tonight I would like to have a conversation. The three of us and this isn't a request."

With that I opened the passenger side door as I still wasn't permitted to drive. I slowly rotated my body, stood by myself and hurried inside as quickly as I could foregoing any assistance from them. I went up to the bedroom first, shutting the door. I wanted to be alone.

I turned on the radio and just melted away listening to some music drowning out the outside world. Selfish? Yes but I needed a moment alone. I turned the volume up loud. My not so subtle way of telling the house I wanted to be left alone.

An hour later I was back downstairs at the dinner table which turned out to be a quiet affair. There were single word short answers to Mom's questions about our day and about our level of excitement as we have less than a week until our vacation. As dinner finished and Kate and Derrick went upstairs, Mom asked what was cooking inside my brain. I looked at her inquisitively.

Shaking my head I denied everything. "Nothing."

"Elizabeth Maryann, I know you better than you think I do." I lowered my head in defeat.

"What's wrong baby? She inquired.

"Mom earlier today, Kate spoke about Derrick's needs, his," I paused, actually embarrassed to say anything, "His man needs." I finally said.

She smiled, acknowledging how smart Kate is. "Well have you girls talked or even thought about him and his needs? Have you asked him? He did say he would help you get pregnant." She touched my hand.

"He has feelings, emotions, and a very vested interest. I might be crazy but seeing the three of you together is interesting. There is so much love. You know I approve of him don't you?"

She paused, squeezing my hand and said, "Now, I will admit it isn't normal but there is so much love. I have a feeling he has more interest than just being a sperm donor to this baby."

Dang she was right; I was totally thoughtless and absolutely selfish.

I explained that the three of us would talk tonight about his wants in living here, our relationship, us getting pregnant, and yes, his emotional and physical needs. I kissed her cheek and walked up the steps.

I heard the shower running then knocked on our closed bedroom door opening it. Kate was dressed, wearing a t-shirt and flannel pants.

"Baby, I appreciate you sharing with me Derrick's needs. I have a plan to help him but I will not involve you yet."

She looked at me, "Miss but I ..."

"Kate, not tonight at least, I will see to his needs tonight. When he leaves our bed in the middle of the night I will follow up."

She just nodded then started to crawl into bed.

"I would prefer you to wear a button down please. A short sleeve top would be more appropriate."

"Yes Miss as you wish."

As is our new normal, there was a soft knock on the door letting us know it was Derrick and he was dressed for bed. I looked over to see that Kate had unbuttoned her top allowing a bit more cleavage to be seen than usual around him. I dressed in a light pair of flannel pants and a t-shirt which left little to the imagination as far as my breasts were concerned.

"Another button." Her eyes widened, "Another button Kate."

"Come in."

I was going to handle this conversation. As I said in the car, I needed to clear the air on a few things.

"Derrick, have a seat here on the bed, in between us." Kate was on his left and I was on his right.

"I need you to know that I am so sorry." His eyes shot up and looked directly at me, I continued. "I need to apologize for several reasons and for several things."

I went on to explain how I was selfish and didn't consider his feelings when I was convincing him into helping us get pregnant. I was ashamed of my actions and hoped that he would forgive my actions if he could find it in his heart.

"Derrick, I hold your love in a special place in my heart, you are not just a friend, and a coworker, you are the future father of our baby." I paused for a moment and looked at Kate then to Derrick, "There is a growing bond and love between us, the three of us and I am very upset for not seeing it."

I stopped and he looked as if he was going to speak. I quickly moved my finger and placed it on his lips for a moment. "You do realize Derrick, I do love you so much more than I ever thought I would."

I moved my finger and carefully leaned forward and kissed his lips, softly and gently. I moved back in the sitting position and looked at him smiling.

"Beth, you do not need to apologize but I ask you to understand you are both very beautiful women and frankly" he looked over at Kate and smiled.

"Fuck" he paused as a wicked grin crept onto his face. "I find you both so fucking attractive."

He shook his head, "It's tough for a man to be around such beauty all the time but I am so privileged for what you have done for me. I will never have the capability repay you."

There was a moment of silence. I saw Kate move her hand from holding his hand to his forearm, gently touching him as she spoke.

"Derrick, you know I love you also, I have told you that and yes there is a very special place in my heart which you fill. Now please, tell her everything. Please tell her what she means to you."

I looked between them absolutely confused.

I grew stern in my facial expressions. "What?" I looked between the two of them.

"Beth" Derrick paused, "You cared enough to save me. That day in the diner, you saved me."

I could see confidence in him as he spoke, "Yes I love you both so much. When you were not feeling well over Thanksgiving , I shared with Kate that it is because of you I am here."

He paused, composing himself again. "I was going to end my life, but that day in the diner but you saved me. So yes I love you both dearly and now so even move."

"Kate, you saved me when you recognized that I was homeless. Please know regardless of any needs I have you both have fulfilled and have paid me back ten-fold."

I applied a little more pressure to his hand holding it in a more sensual manner, or at least I hoped I was. I watched as Beth extended her hand making contact with him again.

Kate started, "Derrick, I love Beth more than ever. I will admit I am very excited that you will be the father of our baby. You must know that you will be the first and only man I will ever love, let alone physically love me." I saw relief in her face.

"Derrick" Kate's voice lowered some. "You must know how special you are to me. You will be the one and one man to ever be with me. If there wasn't this feeling of love ..."

Kate paused, her eyes now connecting with Derricks as their hands touched each other. I laid mine on top, closing the trio of love between us. His eyes averted down but then I think it really hit him what she said.

"Derrick it's okay, Kate and I have talked about this. I will be there with you both, the three of us will be together when the miracle life and our baby is created."

I smiled wide, "Or babies." I giggled a little as Derrick looked at me shocked and nodded. "Yes Derrick, I would like to have our child also. But we can talk more about that later please."

I stood from the bed, "Derrick, I want to share with you something and I ask you to trust me." He shook his head.

"When Kate and I started sleeping together all those years ago in college, we wore clothing similar to what she is wearing now. Most nights it was just panties, except in the winter we wore pants like she has on tonight. "

"Now, I usually just sleep in my panties, allowing her body heat to keep me warm. So from now on, this is what I would like us to have. I think I would like to introduce my topless body to you."

I paused looking up into his eyes and took his hinds in mine. "Derrick, I know you have physical needs as well. I want you to know that I want this and more if you would like.

I stood from the bed wearing a crop top and panties. "Derrick, would you stand and help me off with my top? Please!"