Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When finished, my beautiful and hopeful soon to be pregnant fiancée did the same to me with soft smooth caresses all over my body. My sexual state and erotic senses were so high that when she knelt to wash my bum and legs a mild orgasm overtook me and I shook while she planted sweet kisses on me as her hands played my body like the finest pianist does.

Once rinsed, we both stepped out of the shower and took turns with soft touches drying each other. I took specific special care when drying her body ensuring she knew how much I loved her but yet realizing how tender and sore she could be.

I looked up at her as my hands came in contact with her vulva, she looked at me, smiling and nodded. There was a very happy look on her face as I stood, gently kissing her cheek.

"I love you then, now and forever my dearest Kate."

With a final kiss, we walked out of the shower and crawled into bed. I lay in the middle listening to both of them breathing slowly falling asleep, my mind churning with thoughts filled with joy and happiness.

Over the next two days and two nights, the three of us made love five additional times. Each time Derrick came deep inside, filling my beloved Kate's womb with his seed. Each time as we lay there in the afterglow of our love, Kate's facial expression, her spoken and unspoken statements of love, happiness, and satisfaction were filled with excitement and satisfaction. She voiced with more conviction and desire her need to become pregnant bringing us together as a family.

In private she shared her undying love and commitment to me saying he would never replace me as the love of her life. She firmly believed that being with Derrick didn't make her bisexual as she continued professing her love to me as her lesbian lover.

***

It was a brisk and slightly windy morning as we drove away from the beach. As we hoped, we were on the road at 7:00 heading to Arlington to visit Derrick's friends. We were refreshed and frankly all on cloud nine as the cliché says. We were all smiling, our hearts filled with joy as Derrick turned the car west onto the Virginia Expressway heading home.

I was sitting up front looking between Kate and Derrick as he drove. "Derrick?" I softly asked. "Your friends, do they know we are coming for an early lunch or a mid-morning snack?"

I looked at his expression change slightly; he nodded his head and smiled. "Yes, they are expecting us dear sweet Beth."

I looked back at Kate. She had a smile on her face and her nose buried in a book. I sat back enjoying the ride. We had just made our way north of Richmond when I turned back to look at Kate seeing she was still reading. Her hand was resting on her stomach. I couldn't be more hopeful or happy for the woman I love.

"Kate." I whispered. Her eyes lifted, looking at me with a wide smile on her face. "Feeling okay?"

She smiled, setting the book aside for a moment then leaned forward placing a hand on Derrick's shoulder and the other on my hand which was resting on the middle console.

She winked at me. "I am a bit sore but a good sore." I saw her squeeze Derrick's shoulder. "Beth, I am the happiest lesbian woman you will ever know!" She squeezed my hand then leaned back taking her book in her hands and continued reading.

As we approached Washington DC, I wasn't necessarily paying attention to Derrick's driving but I was curious as to which way we were going when we turned off of Interstate 95 headed towards Arlington, VA.

We drove along the Potomac River. I turned back and looked at Kate, and she had a similar curiosity look at her eyes as I did mine. Our questions were mostly answered when we pulled into the entrance of Arlington National Cemetery.

As we drove through the cemetery, I was in awe with the rows and rows of white crosses. There was a silence that to me seemed deafening, in the distance, you could hear the noise and sounds of a plane flying above and the traffic of the area.

We parked on the side of the road, stopping in front of the section which I did not catch.

"Derrick, your friends are here?" I inquired.

"Yes there are four who I would like to visit."

Derrick said we could stay in the car if we wanted to. He would only be a few moments. I looked back at Kate and she nodded and we both exited the car walking with Derek in between us each by his side.

It was no more than thirty minutes later that we had stopped at a fourth grave. Derrick said this would be our last stop but said this would be a bit longer and asked for a few private moments. We gave Derrick the time he was asking for, we could see him from the car.

I gasped out loud screaming Kate's name when I witnessed Derrick fall to the ground dropping to one knee. We ran from the car and hurried, running towards him down the grass about 10 crosses away.

We came to him, both of us kneeling by his side wrapping our arms around him as he cried. The tears falling from his eyes , running down his face. After a few more moments, Derrick nodded and started to stand. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a quarter, placed it on top of the cross. He stepped back and rendered a hand salute then said it was time to head back to the car.

We were back on the highway; it was a few miles when I broke the silence.

"Derrick, thank you for letting us meet your friends."

Kate jumped in saying, "We are honored and thank you for letting us meet them."

We rode in silence for a few minutes but once back on the Interstate I asked. "I saw you placing some coins on each of the crosses. May I ask the significance?"

He began by saying. "A coin left on the cross lets the deceased soldier's family know that somebody stopped by to pay their respects. If you leave a penny, it means you visited. A nickel means that you and the deceased soldier trained at boot camp together. If you served with them you leave a dime. A quarter is very significant because it means that you were there when that soldier was killed."

Derrick's eyes and face softened and he finally said, "I can't thank you enough for what you did for me today. I haven't visited them in a long time."

We arrived home late in the afternoon, sharing with my mom the enjoyment that we had on our vacation, how refreshed we were but turned in shortly after dinner for an evening it's night sleep.

***

Just two weeks later, Kate came down to breakfast with a sad look in her eyes and a frown on her face. I knew what that meant. I stood and walked towards her hugging her tightly letting her know that everything would be okay.

Mom came over and hugged us both and whispered that it took her months of trying to conceive Michelle but then for me it was not even trying. She offered that she would go away and visit Chelle and Dan in a few weeks if we wanted.

She giggled, "Giving you three all the privacy we needed." She kissed our cheeks and went back to making breakfast.

A few minutes later Derrick joined us in the kitchen. He hugged Kate telling her he was sorry that this didn't happen this time.

Two weeks later I left the office during lunch time. I had confided in Ken, yes I know personal work relationship TMI but we were a family also, but at Ken's recommendation I ran to the liquor store to get a few bottles of wine for the next three days. He was closing the office for Monday, President's Day and I intended to spend it in bed with Kate and Derrick if they both agreed.

As February turned to March which turned to April and still sadness when Kate got her period.

Spring was now here and Easter a week away I was filled with the hope and dreams of what the rebirth of the Spring season would bring. Earlier that week, Kate confided in me that she was sad. I hugged her telling her it will happen if it is meant to happen and that we would ask Derrick to continue trying.

My mother suggested a relaxing getaway as maybe we were trying too hard. Kate laughed but then turned to me and shrugged her shoulders. There were tears forming in her eyes as Derrick walked behind her whispering in our ears that the third time's a charm.

***

April 1990

When we woke for work I returned from the shower into our bedroom to see Kate on the bed crying with Derrick just rubbing her back. I looked at him and he was smiling and winked at me. I was confused until Kate turned looking at me with tears streaming down her face.

"Beth I am late!" She jumped with tears in her eyes as she stood and hugged me.

I was on cloud nine again as the three of us hugged and just whispered words of love and support for each other.

That next morning, I felt the bed shift. Suddenly it was as if someone hurried and scurried away. I opened my eyes to see Kate run from our bedroom. The next two sounds seemed simultaneous. The door slamming and then the sound of someone with an upset tummy, vomiting.

I was moving quickly grabbing a pair of shorts and a crop top. I heard Derek asking if there was anything he could do. I told him not to worry as I would be right back. I dressed and left the bedroom, closing the door. I knocked quietly on the bathroom door and asked Kate if she was OK. When she didn't respond, I knocked again and called her name this time a little bit louder

When I didn't hear her respond, I twisted the door handle, finding it unlocked. I carefully open the door and slid in shutting it behind me. I moved to the sink, grabbing a washcloth and turning on the hot water, letting it warm. My eyes focused on Kate, kneeling at the commode, listening to her now vomiting and suffering from dry heaves. I moved kneeling next to my beloved Kate placing the warmed washcloth on her forehead.

Rubbing her in my arms, I held her as I listened to her dry heaves, and then listened again as she vomited what little food remained in her stomach. I pulled her tight and just comforted the love of my life. It was a few hours later that we left for the office.

We got to the office Friday morning and I knew it would be a tough half day for us. Kate wasn't feeling well and Derrick was already feeling down. He had been invited by the Marine Corps Veterans League to walk in the local Memorial Day Parade next month and he was unsure what he wanted to do.

I walked over to my cubicle seeing a note from Liz on my desk. She had wanted to see me. I set my purse and bag down and walked towards Liz's office. When I got to her office, I knocked. She smiled and invited me in to have a seat and to please close the door.

I was blown away when she shared with me that she was leaving the company. Her husband had an offer from a company in Jacksonville, Florida and they were moving in a few weeks. She explained the difficulty in this decision but family always comes first which I knew.

Tears were shed and I shared I would truly miss her and thanked her for everything doing all the way back to our days as an intern.

She whispered in my ear "Good luck Boss. Don't be too hard on them" she winked and hugged me once more.

***

I woke well before the alarm was set to go off. I lay motionless, not disturbing either of them. Slowly I rolled my head to my left seeing the glow of my love, her eyes wide open looking at the ceiling. I moved my hand gently and took hers in mine just letting Kate know I was there for her. That I was so deeply in love with her that nothing would ever cause me to leave her.

I listened to her breathing, softly in and out. She rolled still holding my hand and curled against me, her head now resting in her spot. I tilted my head making contact with hers. Her breathing was calm knowing what the excitement of the day was going to bring. I gently reached my hand and started stroking her head.

"Good morning Kate" I leaned a little further and kissed her cheek.

I felt the bed shift slightly and on my right side. I felt Derrick's hand reach over and touch my hip, his fingers stroking against my skin.

His voice was hushed and low, "Morning ladies." He paused, "May the light of the day shine bright on the women who mean so much to me and may the dreams of motherhood be confirmed for the greatest woman ever; our Kate."

"Forgive me; I felt a little extra positive power was needed." He said.

I was smiling as his hand pressed against my side and as Kate curled into my body holding me tight.

Kate took a deep breath, "I feel fat and bloated. I eat like a garbage disposal. I am constantly consuming almost everything! You both won't love me when I pee all day and when I am hormonal like the past few weeks. You won't love me when I spend all day in the bathroom nor when I can't stand or walk. I will waddle like a fat pig."

She laughed then paused. "But I love you both and will still want to hear your positive morning words."

I laughed, "Derrick's morning affirmations help us get started on the right foot and prepare us for the day." I paused and turned to her. "You could be as fat as a house and I would love you even more.

Derrick laughed, "If you get as big as a house, it will take longer to hug you but the hugs will never stop Kate, only when Beth tells me to stop."

Then Kate laughed, "The hugs better never stop Derrick. Your baby needs your hugs."

I rolled over and kissed his cheek, "Never, Derrick, never."

***

Three hours later we arrived at the Canonsburg OB/GYN office, the three of us walking in, Derrick and I took a seat quickly as Kate made her way to the check in desk. She signed in and had a seat with us. We smiled at each other and Kate held her hands over her stomach.

It was only a few moments when we heard a door open and standing in the doorway was a tall 6' very athletic looking man. He had longer dark brown wavy hair.

"Beth??" His voice was soft but very deep, a baritone if he was a singer.

We all stood at once, Beth was in front of us. As we approached the door he smiled a beautiful soft smile, his eyes deep emerald green, his shin dark as if he tanned daily.

"Hello everyone, I am Peyton. I will be assisting with the ultrasound this morning. Come with me please Dr McCaslin will be with us shortly."

He turned and escorted us down a hallway. Beth turned and looked over her shoulder at me. I could see her nervousness. I reached forward and took her hand, holding it firm, very lovingly.

We paused at the door of Exam Room 3. "This is good luck" I said. "I love the number three."

Peyton had Derrick and I sit in the main room while he walked Kate to a side room explaining she could leave her pants and bra on but would she please remove her blouse and put on the gown with the snaps in the front.

Once dressed Kate entered the room wearing her gown we smiled telling her what a sexy fashion statement she was making.

She laughed and sat on the bed then laid back with her feet together. I stood and smoothed the gown on her tummy and legs. I kissed her cheek.

"I am sorry baby."

We heard a knock at the door and Peyton entered with Dr. McCaslin, she was wearing a white coat and blue scrubs. We all smiled, shaking hands and exchanging greetings. Derrick and I took our seats as Dr. McCaslin and Peyton started the abdominal scans. Moving slowly she moved around Kate's puffy belly until we saw an image. Dr McCaslin paused and looked at Kate.

"There it is, your baby Kate."

Dr. McCaslin continued moving the wand over Kate's belly checking her and then turned and paused. "Would you like to know the sex?" She smiled. "There is another angle and we will know."

I almost gasped my hands to my face as Derrick wrapped his arms around me. I uncovered my eyes to see Kate looking at me, her eyes filled with joyful tears, she was shaking her head up and down.

"Yes please tell us." Kate spoke softly as I stood and talked to her holding her hand, Derrick right behind me, his hand now falling on top of ours holding them tight.

Thank you for taking time to read this rewritten tale. Chapter nine, the conclusion is in draft.

All my love,

Aoife